"I'm not having any sexual thoughts about them, okay? Don't lewd the twins! They don't need it!"Takane Lui

AkioAIR: Hiring a minor was only the tip of the mismanagement iceberg. How to destroy an agency in under 1 month.

DelusionTree

Lean on me
Early Adopter
Why does a nothing corpo have fucking shareholders?
I've seen it mentioned on /vt/ before in the AA trashfire watching threads that allegedly AA is owned by some much larger company that has the majority of the shares.
I don't know how it works in Taiwan but in the US as a shareholder you can definitely sue the CEO of the company for nosediving it all into the fucking ground and make them pay some lost shekels back.

bothyourhouses

Is this purely machine translation, or does he also write badly and schizophrenically in Chinese?
Probably just the machine translation. I don't know Chinese but a lot of Japanese doesn't directly say the subject/object so machine translation is often unclear even when the original was fine.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Last night on Under the Tea (the drama stream series formerly known as Fishy Tea Time which played host to MarinaVT on their first episode), Luminous Cove did a read-through of a compilation of the Discord messages between AkioAIR talents (at least Vix E. Grey and Athy) and Jason and other managers that have been leaked to FalseEyeD. She also put them together in a Google Docs slideshow which she made available to the public. I've attached the PDF export. If you want to see these messages without wading through a video (especially a False video) you can now do so. I haven't gone through it all yet.

If you still would rather listen/watch in video form, here's last night's Under the Tea episode timestamped to where they start talking about it.

(Timestamp: 2:09:15)

The hosts don't yet have the best chemistry and timing but I appreciate the effort they're putting in to this show and I can see it developing into something really fundamental for those of us who like to muck around in the drama of this fandom.

Attachments

• Screenshots I yoinked from False.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 11

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Saw this interesting tidbit on twitter. It's been posted in the Pippa thread, but I thought it worth sharing here:

As much as I love Pippa, trying to find another Pippa to fill a gap in a vtubing gen is a task I wouldn't envy, let alone the effort required to manage such a talent.

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
Saw this interesting tidbit on twitter. It's been posted in the Pippa thread, but I thought it worth sharing here:

As much as I love Pippa, trying to find another Pippa to fill a gap in a vtubing gen is a task I wouldn't envy, let alone the effort required to manage such a talent.

Before Pippa was Pippa she refined her style of vtubing and content choices for many years, even before vtubing was a thing. PC was her lucky break because even with all of that experience, no corpo wanted her. PC didn't make Pippa successful but it allowed her to flourish using her own approaches and that eventually started to pay off.

You don't just find another Pippa or make her. She's unique in her brand of mental illness streaming.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I guess it depends on what he meant by that. If he just meant a breakout star who comes out of nowhere and amasses a deeply loyal audience, then every company is looking for a Pippa, and some have found them (Rin in Idol for example). But if he was specifically looking for an edgelord who turns getting Twitter/Reddit-cancelled into a major selling point without the rest of the industry really caring, that specifically will be tough to find, yes.

By the way, I forgot to mention it, but yesterday was one month since the original "don't lewd our minor talent plz" tweet (September 5). What a rapid collapse it's been.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Before Pippa was Pippa she refined her style of vtubing and content choices for many years, even before vtubing was a thing. PC was her lucky break because even with all of that experience, no corpo wanted her. PC didn't make Pippa successful but it allowed her to flourish using her own approaches and that eventually started to pay off.

You don't just find another Pippa or make her. She's unique in her brand of mental illness streaming.
the chance of finding an always online girl who was around for web1.0 and 2.0 but also isnt already streaming or is a lolcow is pretty low.

DelusionTree

Lean on me
Early Adopter

Jason wanting the "Phase Connect secret sad girl recipe" was supposed to be a just a joke I made.
He really is the worst vtuber CEO meme come to life.

Short

God Damn the Sun
I guess it depends on what he meant by that. If he just meant a breakout star who comes out of nowhere and amasses a deeply loyal audience, then every company is looking for a Pippa, and some have found them (Rin in Idol for example). But if he was specifically looking for an edgelord who turns getting Twitter/Reddit-cancelled into a major selling point without the rest of the industry really caring, that specifically will be tough to find, yes.

By the way, I forgot to mention it, but yesterday was one month since the original "don't lewd our minor talent plz" tweet (September 5). What a rapid collapse it's been.
I think Jason believes that having Pippa's personality is enough to get Pippa's audience when one of her best abilities is to take advantage of the "current thing" to get people to pay attention to her, I think he hired Megumi for that.
2023-10-06 23.png

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I think Jason believes that having Pippa's personality is enough to get Pippa's audience when one of her best abilities is to take advantage of the "current thing" to get people to pay attention to her, I think he hired Megumi for that.
View attachment 49030
If you can't get Pippa get a Pippa orbiter

:pippasquish:

Zyklon Mag

A Pippaclone would 100% call him a :nehgah:for trying to groom her and probably nuke the company live in an absolute spectacle of a stream. The kind of fire she has isn't pleasant to receive if you're an unabashed tard.

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
Chinks and jews are merchant peoples, they employ similar tactics and have a similar disinterest in the wellbeing of others or the rights and freedoms of the population. They will make as much wealth as possible until their power approaches that of the ruling class and then they will be struck down and routed to stop them from literally taking over everything.
The civilized world has more in common with the Jew than with the chink.

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.

PAGING FUTACOOCHIE MANA, A CERTAIN FÄGGOT FROM AKIO AIR NAMED JASON IS LOOKING FOR YOU! ALSO, DO YOUR REPS IN OVERWATCH, HE'D LOVE THAT.

Pyhf

Last night on Under the Tea (the drama stream series formerly known as Fishy Tea Time which played host to MarinaVT on their first episode), Luminous Cove did a read-through of a compilation of the Discord messages between AkioAIR talents (at least Vix E. Grey and Athy) and Jason and other managers that have been leaked to FalseEyeD. She also put them together in a Google Docs slideshow which she made available to the public. I've attached the PDF export. If you want to see these messages without wading through a video (especially a False video) you can now do so. I haven't gone through it all yet.

If you still would rather listen/watch in video form, here's last night's Under the Tea episode timestamped to where they start talking about it.

(Timestamp: 2:09:15)

The hosts don't yet have the best chemistry and timing but I appreciate the effort they're putting in to this show and I can see it developing into something really fundamental for those of us who like to muck around in the drama of this fandom.

This powerpoint was poorly put together, what with all the images repeating and skipping over. However, still nice to have a compilation.

What I do see regarding Athy's is this:
(Spoilers: because super duper long posts are yucky)
It was pretty much a case of constructive dismissal, which is basically the employee being forced to quit due to circumstances regarding the employer and/or employment
- not paid on time (Slide 27)​
- management promises kept being unfulfilled despite clearly having agreed on (Slide 26)​
- Lack of support from the company, especially when S2 arrived​
- legal threats as a scare tactic (Slide 29 onwards)​
- Damage to reputation by affiliation​
- Manipulation, improper conduct​

Jason did say that their contract is not an employment contract. So Constructive dismissal may not apply
However, the same reasons I gave above may still be used.

Contracts are a two-way street. Both parties are BOTH obligors and obligees to each other.
Though we don't have access to their contracts, it's safe to assume that, loosely:
- Akio is obliged to give support to the talents, in return, they get a share in the revenue they make​
- The talents are obliged to stream, make revenue, and deliver part of that revenue to Akio, in exchange for their support​

Constructive Dismissal defense as Breach of Contract
1. not paid on time (Slide 27)
It can be gleamed that Akio is actually the one holding the money that the talents make.​
> that's why they have to ask to be paid​
Although we don't know the exact wording of the contracts, this would still hold considering the allegations that​
> Jason always pays late (Slide 27)​
> Jason always forgets (Slide 28)​
> Notice also (Slide 28) that Athy asks Jason to be paid "for all those months last year and for this year" (dated May 4, aka the start of the 5th month this year)​
2. Management promises kept being unfulfilled despite clearly having agreed on (Slide 26)
- Athy graduation (with Fen) stopped by Jason​
> promised increased support in exchange​
> support allegedly not given​
- What's the use of continuing being signed in an agency when all it does is take a cut off your revenue, without giving you any support to help your growth?​
- Jason promised to allow graduation once S2 debuts.​
> Athy reminds Jason in advance​
> Jason comes up with excuses​
3. Lack of support from the company, especially when S2 arrived
- See No. 2​
- Slide 34​
- Slide 35​
4. Legal threats as a Scare tactic (Slide 29 onwards)
Fist off, Athy already said she wanted to graduate back when Fen did, but was allegedly stopped by Jason because 2 talents leaving simultaneously would look bad for the company (alleged but no screenshot annexed at Slide 26)​
> Should not concern Athy​
> Literally a YOU problem, Akio​
> Athy agreed to stop because of promise of support (which allegedly was not given anyway)​
Athy seen implying legal action first​
> well within her right to do so​
> Akio has repeatedly failed to eprform its oblgiations towards Athy​
> Athy has no other recourse but to resort to legal action if Akio remains inactive with her complaints​
Jason scares Athy with legal action (Slide 29)​
> As if Athy is the one in the wrong here​
> Pre-termination of a contract is a thing (Termination of contract before expiration date)​
- They allowed and has a provision for pre-termination of contract (Jason's words; Slide 29, Pic 23)​
- They also have a Provision for Liquidated Damages (Jason's words; Slide 29, Pic 25)​
These are pre-determined amounts, agreed upon by the parties, BEFORE the signing of the contract​
- Liquidated damages are for payment of damages that may be indeterminable (i.e. loss of non-fixed revenue like the one that VTubers make)​
- They can also be payment for pre-termination of contract (as opposed to an early termination penalty clause)​
> Slide 29, Pic 25 shows that termination of contract would entail Liquidated damages (already predetermined amount)​
- Liquidated Damages are also a way for parties to save time and money, that they would no longer have to go to court jsut to claim damages​
> No idea why this dumbass would threaten to initiate legal action when they have the option of termination with legal damages​
- "Breaching of this confidentiallity may result of (sic) a direct default to termination of the contract with severe penalty as outlined in our contract"
> default to termination...​
- aka what Athy is asking for
:whatastory:
>with severe penalty as outlined...​
- aka Liquidated Damages​
- some of Athy's money is presumably still in their hands​
Promise to let graduate upon S2 debut (Slide 29)​
- Athy was promised she would be allowed to graduate upon the debut of S2​
- Athy was merely reminding Jason of this promise made to her, to expedite the process and just in case Jason forgot (because he always forgets things)​
- Jason comes up with excuses that it isn't a good time right now​
> It was always enver a good time​
> Akio's problems are not Athy's and should not be used as another excuse to delay the graduation she has long asked for​
> Athy is not an employee and merely a contractor, remember?​
> Literally not her problem​
5. Damage to reputation by affiliation
- Akio decides to tell the world that they hired a minor​
> nobody would have known if Jason kept his mouth shut​
> Akio as the agency got shit on​
> as a consequence, the image and name of the talents affiliated ahve been tainted​
- This forum may not necessarily think so, but we don't represent a huge chunk of the fanbase​
- Also possible that casuals and normies find out. You know how uninformed people judge everyone in general​
- Talents allegedly blacklisted by other Vtubers from collabing (Slide 38)
"...current situation is just is just inadvertly (sic) damaging the other party right? you realize this is basically what we call "gross negligence" right?"
- Jason Kuo, Slide 32 Pic 30​
"... sometimes youu really need to think about the consequences of actions you do, otherwise that is just selfish,..."​
- Jason Kuo, Slide 33 Pic 33​
6. Manipulation, improper conduct, etc.
- plenty of allegations by the different talents including but not limited to​
> Scare tactics​
> Mismanagement​
> Corporate espionage​
> Gaslighting​
> lack of respect for personal privacy​
> intrusion on talent's personal lives​
> Good cop, bad cop / manipualtive saviorism​
> etc​

Jason and Co. have been the parties at fault. They keep insisting that the talents have been negligent and talents should respect the spirit of the contract, all while they themselves have failed to do the same ever since the start of the company and have made little to no efforts to rectify the same.

There is such a thing in law caleld the First Breach Doctrine, where one who commits a material breach in the contract cannot be allowed to enforce the other provisions of the contract against a subsequent breach by the other party. Akio's mismanagement, failure to give support, failure to pay on a timely manner, and the damage done on the reputation of the talents due to Akio's own fault are all, in my opinion, material breaches considering that these are basic and fundamental obligations of an agency. Now they have the gall to complain why the talent's are all leaving?

Granted, as I've said, We don't know the exact wordings of their contract. We can only assume based on what the parties have revealed. Also take into account that they would be using Taiwanese law to try to enforce their contracts. God only knows what kind of fucked up legislations they have.

If I were one of the talents, though, I would refrain from being physically in Taiwan (or China for that matter). Laws apply only to its territorial Jurisdiction, they can't enforce a warrant to someone outside of it. Not unless a government-to-government coordination was made. (Imagine a Taiwanese Governemnt asking other Governments to capture Anime girls haha). But once they set foot in Taiwan, they can be put to trial, or worse, kidnapped. (I don't really think this would happen, but I've seen news about chinks doing shit like this in the news more than a few times now)

I'm not gonna tell Akio to
:tenmakys:
because
1. I don't really tell people that
2. It's too easy for these assholes

I just hope the talents can get this behind them soon and they can move on to bigger better things.
Especially my only 2-view Kion, who is apparently named Mirae(?), has anyone found her yet?

Edit: added slide reference
Edit 2: Thank you to Janny Jannie for deleting my previous post

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Laws apply only to its territorial Jurisdiction, they can't enforce a warrant to someone outside of it. Not unless a government-to-government coordination was made. (Imagine a Taiwanese Governemnt asking other Governments to capture Anime girls haha).

The bit about having to travel to Taiwan to participate in a lawsuit seems disprovable on its face. For that to happen, the country that the streamer lives in needs to have an extradition treaty (an agreement between the two countries to arrest and deport people wanted in each other's countries) with Taiwan. I can't find a list of countries with such a treaty with Taiwan after a short search but I know that the US doesn't have one - I think the awkward political state of the Taiwanese government affects that. Next, as far as I know, such treaties only apply to criminal cases, and usually contract violations will not be a criminal case (where the government brings a citizen to court) but a civil case (where a citizen brings another citizen to court). But even if you lived in a country with an extradition treaty with Taiwan and Taiwan deemed this a criminal issue somehow and filed with your country's government to extradite you, you will (if you live in a somewhat legalistic country anyway) be able to have a day in court where a judge can determine if this is above board legally on top of just a bunch of government officials who would be involved in this process deciding if it's even worth their time to do. In short, nobody should worry about being dragged from other countries into a Taiwanese court to be sued by a company who lost a few thousand dollars after they pulled out of a contract which arguably was already violated by that company.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I'd add that calling something "liquidated damages" doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't an unenforceable penalty clause, and US courts tend to look closely at how those are written.

Taiwanese judgments can be recognized by US courts, so there are potential risks to not responding, although the process isn't automatic. A major question would be whether the contract specifically sets out that Taiwanese courts have jurisdiction to rule on matters arising out of the contract.

It's not a question of extradition, it's about personal jurisdiction and the enforcement of foreign money judgments.

Stunned But Dumb

FalseEye's vid on it. I very much doubt there;s anything here that isn't in this thread, but might as well make it known that he did make the video about it

ogey_rrat

ogey

FalseEye's vid on it. I very much doubt there;s anything here that isn't in this thread, but might as well make it known that he did make the video about it

There's some new stuff in it (more statements from anonymous individuals who auditioned for Vyspire and AkioAir). Also a clip from Hanabi's recent stream (I think this was posted here) and some tweets from Maria Paradisia.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

If this fag had any understanding of what he's talking about he'd realize you can't grow pipkordyceps in a sterile environment. It has to foster in a rotting, plagued environment and then infest the body of a mentally damaged redneck girl. While the foundations of AkioAir seem to be adequately diseased, unfortunately they lack proper host stock to act as carrier and it's well known behaviour that an insect infected with pipkordyceps will crawl to a high point and scream racist slurs into the air until they die.

the chance of finding an always online girl who was around for web1.0 and 2.0 but also isnt already streaming or is a lolcow is pretty low.

I know two women who could technically qualify, but I can also tell you for damn sure they wouldn't be interesting streamers at all.

A Pippaclone would 100% call him a :nehgah:for trying to groom her and probably nuke the company live in an absolute spectacle of a stream. The kind of fire she has isn't pleasant to receive if you're an unabashed tard.

I don't know, Pippa's got a history of being groomed so it might be a critical weakness of the pipkordyceps.

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer

This is so fucking funny when you account for the fact that most people who aren't committed to Total Pipkin Death(twitter freaks etc) actually have a hefty amount of respect for her. Guy would have needed to find some kind of skinwalker in denial.

Top Bottom