"Y'know, lately I've been thinking of KFC boxes as pets"Ichijou Ririka

Pippakistan's Psych Ward

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Vinyl is in every way sub-par to CDs. They cost more, they don't hold as much music, are less portable, and less convenient. You can't transfer or copy vinyl either. You'd put up with all of that if the sound was better - "the sound is analog, bro" - but do you know what else is analog? The crackling sound you hear on top of the audio whenever you play vinyl. There is not one single way that CDs are subpar to vinyl.

The only reason to like vinyl is if you want to roleplay being back in the 70s or you want to be a music poser femboy.
I think the CD = bad sentiment is grandfathered in from the early days of the format where labels tried to rush out CD releases of their back catalogues without properly understanding digital audio formats, using second-hand conversions of the existing finished mixes instead of making specific digital mixes. In those cases the audio quality would be overly compressed in a way that made it noticeably worse than the vinyl release, and that narrative stuck.

Nowadays most music is recorded digitally to begin with and digitally remastering legacy recordings is more practical, so CD quality is usually perfectly fine.

RedRage

Hff201

Early Adopter

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
I think the CD = bad sentiment is grandfathered in from the early days of the format where labels tried to rush out CD releases of their back catalogues without properly understanding digital audio formats, using second-hand conversions of the existing finished mixes instead of making specific digital mixes. In those cases the audio quality would be overly compressed in a way that made it noticeably worse than the vinyl release, and that narrative stuck.

Nowadays most music is recorded digitally to begin with and digitally remastering legacy recordings is more practical, so CD quality is usually perfectly fine.
Yeah, the loudness war really did a number on the reputation of the CD. I need to get a new disc drive one of these days so I can start up a CD collection properly again.

Piarro

Early Adopter
Vinyl is in every way sub-par to CDs. They cost more, they don't hold as much music, are less portable, and less convenient. You can't transfer or copy vinyl either. You'd put up with all of that if the sound was better - "the sound is analog, bro" - but do you know what else is analog? The crackling sound you hear on top of the audio whenever you play vinyl. There is not one single way that CDs are subpar to vinyl.

The only reason to like vinyl is if you want to roleplay being back in the 70s or you want to be a music poser femboy.
I wasn't going to autismpost but you've baited me for a second time; @Hff201 and @RestlessRain are *mostly* right, CD is better in a lot of ways on paper, but vinyl does provide a different sound profile from CD (not the crackling noise, that can be minimized if you do it right) that can improve a lot of music, especially stuff that came out when vinyl was the primary physical medium.

I don't think there's anything wrong with only buying CDs today because they are cheaper, more convenient, and usually better sounding for modern music, but you're wrong if you think that vinyl offers no advantages at all beyond fake indie cred

DogBone

Is this what the kids call a dog whistle?

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Is this what the kids call a dog whistle?

They really are.
1696628675512954.png
1700706201552240.png
hexa-nazi.png

RedRage

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Hff201

Early Adopter

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
You're trying too hard to be cancer for Hexa's optics. The thhrangussy's role in Pippa's callout posts is more fun because it happened organically.
I'm not trying to get her canceled. I just like joking about chuubas being racist.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter

What's the over-under on her considering a 3D Yuni Luna? Thinking she might be considering reviving Yuni as a way to make content Fishman won't let her.

JMForte

What's the over-under on her considering a 3D Yuni Luna? Thinking she might be considering reviving Yuni as a way to make content Fishman won't let her.

I doubt it because she's regularly been saying she's not going to be streaming anytime soon as Yuni.

RedRage

>Pippa says time and time again she's not bringing the owl back and is using it for shitpost content
>BUT IS SHE BRINGING THE OWL BACK?!
Like, I get it, Pippa says one thing and does another all the time. But when its something she's been pretty consistent on her stance with, she usually sticks with her guns. So to answer, very unlikely.

Stunned But Dumb

I doubt it because she's regularly been saying she's not going to be streaming anytime soon as Yuni.
I agree, but also Pippa says a lot of things

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter

probably high. she wont stream as yuni but make goofy posts like she is now. youre a com artist right? the contract usually stipulates the commercial use right?

Top Bottom