"You want a decent following? Start creating stop tweeting"Mori Calliope

Connect the World: Hololive English 1st Concert

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Kiara Calli, and IRyS Bae for sure, I kinda forgot what the other ones are. SNOT was the most obviously pre-recorded (besides the stilted line-reading and 3 of them most likely not being in Japan right now, pay attention to the camera; it often goes into 'AR-mode' where it can move around the girls in 3d, the live shots never do that).

Edit: And as for the delayed crowd reaction reactions; 1. Ping. 2. They have to act like it's crazy no matter what, they can't just say, 'Oh you guys are pretty quiet and don't sound excited."
Naw they were recorded, but I do think they they were at least in the same studio when they recorded it because of the interaction. The SNOT part just felt pieced together from each of them phoning in their lines.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Huh. Well, there is still a vast difference between the segments I mentioned. Maybe it's just that some were recorded live while the others were clipped from multiple takes and spliced together? Like why would they keep IRyS's confused pen light instructions (besides the fact that it was cute) when they could just do a re-take? No reason unless it was recorded live and they just roll with any mistakes.
With the HoloFes, generally it's a live performance capture in the lead up. So it's "live", but pre-corded then fully rendered. However, the in-between segments can actually be live and they're integrated. The tech is really well developed. Something like Moona & Risu's 3rd Fes was likely separate 3D and Singing captures. But the Japanese Idol nature means they want to capture the "raw" performance, but polish the edges of everything else.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Wonder many they'll have. I know there can be up to 9.
Sounds like IRyS is planning to turn her concert-chat stream into an actual stream:
From the description, "Cheer for me here and I will stream sometime (maybe the next day) after the concert so the stream time might not be accurate!" and from her chat:
1688370039936.png

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Also Calli being cute and smug

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230703-020342~2.png
    Screenshot_20230703-020342~2.png
    174.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Fauna singing Watame's sweet night, sweet time…

chefs-kiss-french-chef.gif

Especially considering she's Watame's EN oshi.

1688382456849.png

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Watching it right now, one thing that's probably important to understand about the difference between a Japanese and a Western presentation. Japanese preparation is about drilling the executions until they have it. While Western preparation, at least for concert types, is to have your setup, practice it, double check things in a sound check then roll out. I mention this because of the way they're blending the cameras. They didn't bring the AR Tech out, it's a large, flat, 2D projection. However, the 3D space stream stuff is from a stream of their entire run through and is all pre-programmed. The live shots are pre-programmed as well for timing and everything is sync'd.

The MC sections are likely live recorded from the rehearsals. At the HoloFes, my impression is some of the MC chunks are actually live rendered from another location. (I also just realized that HoloFes uses a live band because it radically changes the cost for the covers, lol.)

I also realized that the shadow rendering is a solid throw back to the early 2000s and it's ground flat shadows without any on-character shadowing. That isn't too surprising, because even post shadow shading on those models would take a bank of server GPUs a long time. (Part of their 3D model's base line design is to look right without active shadowing, just some shader adjustment.)

They've all actually gotten better at singing. The Takodachis have a large representation in the crowd, hehe.

I'm actually quite curious what the render tech they're using for the 3D. It's definitely top of the line, but its quality in keep the cell shading effects is really impressive.

Okay, "Connect the World" works a lot better with the full group in a live setting. It wasn't bad, but it's a lot better in this type of setting.

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
(I also just realized that HoloFes uses a live band because it radically changes the cost for the covers, lol.)
Yup, which is why this concert was all holo originals. Not even a vocaloid song cover. They're dodging copyright issues and costs.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Yup, which is why this concert was all holo originals. Not even a vocaloid song cover. They're dodging copyright issues and costs.
I thought a couple weren't but they had full access. No, you're right, they were all Hololive Production songs. Granted, there were 2 brand new releases (Gura + Kronii).

One under the radar bit is that Hololive Productions has an extremely vast catalog of original songs. Their total releases was something over 1500 and I think originals were in the 250 range? I'd need to track down the YT channel that kept track of them. But, there's a lot. We're to the point you could have a concert with "deep cuts" already. (Not going to lie, I wouldn't mind someone dropping a performance of Shallys out of the blue.)

More pictures of Yagoo dropping in on the fan meet ups. That must have been hilariously wild in person. He looks a lot better than the badly lit photos where he looked extremely gaunt, so I'm happy that was just some bad photography.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Watching it right now, one thing that's probably important to understand about the difference between a Japanese and a Western presentation. Japanese preparation is about drilling the executions until they have it. While Western preparation, at least for concert types, is to have your setup, practice it, double check things in a sound check then roll out. I mention this because of the way they're blending the cameras. They didn't bring the AR Tech out, it's a large, flat, 2D projection. However, the 3D space stream stuff is from a stream of their entire run through and is all pre-programmed. The live shots are pre-programmed as well for timing and everything is sync'd.

The MC sections are likely live recorded from the rehearsals. At the HoloFes, my impression is some of the MC chunks are actually live rendered from another location. (I also just realized that HoloFes uses a live band because it radically changes the cost for the covers, lol.)
Yeah, amending what I was saying before; I was wrong about most of the MCs being live. I was still 'right' about the camera angle thing (actual LIVE shots don't use the AR/3d-view), but I didn't even notice that all the MC's I thought were live did use it (I didn't bother to pay attention to it until the SNOT segment). They all used the 3d-space camera shots so they were all prerecorded, but then there still is a vast difference between the 'recorded live' ones and the 'multiple takes, everyone stand still in your position and read out your lines' ones.
That's what I noticed from Holofes and I expected it to stand true here (and it did, I just wasn't paying attention to it).

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I really don't like how calli says that, makes me kinda worried it's gonna be some dumb shit like new outfits or a concert or something else.
If it isn't new members, the whole thing is kinda bait and switch. Even the concert song "Connect the World" hints at new members coming.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
If it isn't new members, the whole thing is kinda bait and switch. Even the concert song "Connect the World" hints at new members coming.
As always, Imma wait on Kiara to maybe spill the beans. Her stream is in 22 hours.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I really don't like how calli says that, makes me kinda worried it's gonna be some dumb shit like new outfits or a concert or something else.

A new Vsinger probably makes the most sense, since they could fill in pretty well. I did have a pure rrat that maybe they hired in Milky Queen, Calli's friend and supposed odd one out in the first audition pass.

The bit everyone is skipping over was that symbol in the middle. I'm not sure what to make of it generally, but we know we're getting some new EN gen by March 2024. Same with JP.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Of all the things it could be, the one 'non-new-member thing' I wouldn't be mad at is if the 'Project Despair' was just IRyS, but doing more depressing/angry songs with an alternate model in a concert or album, she is supposed to be both afterall. I think the chances for that are 0, because she already has some depressing and angry songs and there would be no reason to be this vague about it, but just throwing it out there as a 'non-new-member' theory, and because she needs a solo-live.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Of all the things it could be, the one 'non-new-member thing' I wouldn't be mad at is if the 'Project Despair' was just IRyS, but doing more depressing/angry songs
I mean I wouldn't be mad if it was Haachama's EN Gen 0 debut either. But it's about as likely.....

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I mean I wouldn't be mad if it was Haachama's EN Gen 0 debut either. But it's about as likely.....
Haachama requesting a rebranding wouldn't be crazy. I honestly think she needs it. I think she is just generally much happier with her personal lore she made for herself rather than the corpo mandated one she has to have. She rare used her original outfit.

Transferring to HoloEN is probably out of the question, though. I don't think Cover would ever let her and I feel like that would risk alienating her JP fans quite a bit.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Was this Depressed Nousagi pulling an Artemis yesterday? This person was chatting in the restream that got banned.

1688405761123.png

Top Bottom