"Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat!"IRyS

NEXAS: The Kick Sweatshop for Vtubers!

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.
At some time in between your archive (2024-03-29 01:35:15 UTC) and now, three of the Twitter handles died. Screenshot as direct archive wasn't working and embedding the tweet in this post doesn't show enough of the tweet to the archive service.
View attachment 67605

Even with the accounts above gone, this reveal counter still has 14 silhouettes.

Some of the art mamas:
Quick archive of all embedded tweets

OH MY FUCKING GOD, THAT RIGGING IS BETTER THAN NIJISANJI!!!

WHY IS A TWO-BIT SCUMMY VTUBER COMPANY HVE BETTER RIGGING THAN NIJISANJI!?!?

WHY IS NIJISANJI BECOMING DISCOUNT NIJISANJI!?!?!?!?

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
OH MY FUCKING GOD, THAT RIGGING IS BETTER THAN NIJISANJI!!!

WHY IS A TWO-BIT SCUMMY VTUBER COMPANY HVE BETTER RIGGING THAN NIJISANJI!?!?

WHY IS NIJISANJI BECOMING DISCOUNT NIJISANJI!?!?!?!?
Because Niji insists on using in-house riggers which probably costs them a lot less. This chinese scammer wannabe just paid a bunch of well known riggers stacks of money.

Niji greed once again fucks them over.

Tightpinch

Archivist edit: A

Last edited by a moderator:

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Interestingly, we've noticed applicants submitting template introduction videos that were likely sent to multiple agencies. Imagine receiving a love letter addressed to no one in particular—would that excite you? Passion is what truly matters. To really connect, your introduction needs to be a heartfelt message to the specific team or organization
Someone isn't happy he ain't people's only choice.
Nowadays, anyone can stream from anywhere, even without a PC. Though VTubing presents a higher barrier to entry, that’s why platforms like AniLive exist. If you're serious about becoming a streamer, I'd highly recommend trying it out at least once. While having streaming experience is not a direct criterion for selection, a lack of experience might suggest a lack of passion to some.
Tl;Dr: Buy the shit I'm shilling and you will get better chances, actual experience is secondary to brand loyalty.
Typically, applications without any social media details tend not to progress. If you are not using the social accounts at all, you should use them to study from professional creators. If you intentionally didn’t put in the application, you "seem" like hiding something from us. Additionally, applicants who discovered the audition via X but failed to follow NEXAS's account often get perceived as lacking passion.
IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR! YOU MUST BE A DRONE WHO LIVES, BREATHES AND DIES FOR THE CORPO IF YOU WANNA GET IN JIMBO!
Untitled.png
A passing indie points out the obvious fucking issue with following accounts on your roommate. Seems like someone doesn't know JACK SHIT about vtubers...

Idk about you guys but something tells me this corpo will not last until christmas...

hara돌

☆하라돌이라고합니다☆
The funniest thing is that a friend of mine made it to the next round while 1) using an audition video that was sent to multiple agencies and 2) not following the nexas twt account.

So he's really just talking for the sake of talking....

Tightpinch

Looks like wave 1 is increasing? The twitter account followed 5 new accounts.

Snapshot_2024-04-08_19-53-55.png

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Tightpinch

First batch model reveals

And next batch

Archive

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

Interesting data-point here. He says 'auditions likely sent to other companies'. This at least implies he knows what these would look like, and that other companies in some way share data to the point they are aware of people trying to apply to multiple companies.

I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I'll say it here again; I know that groups like Idol & Phase maintain semi-formalized cross-corporate lines of communication, I just don't quite know how deep it goes. What if some companies literally share audition videos and keep track of potential candidates across the vtubing sphere to judge their potential value to the corporate industry? They all have at least some level of shared interest in not blackening the vtuber brand as a whole, so it makes sense on some levels.

Mostly a rrat, just a thought that sprung to mind.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Interesting data-point here. He says 'auditions likely sent to other companies'. This at least implies he knows what these would look like, and that other companies in some way share data to the point they are aware of people trying to apply to multiple companies.
Nothingburger, likely ESL moment. Everyone knows that people send same audition to many companies, but he have a gall to bitch about it like a snowflake.
What if some companies literally share audition videos and keep track of potential candidates across the vtubing sphere to judge their potential value to the corporate industry? They all have at least some level of shared interest in not blackening the vtuber brand as a whole, so it makes sense on some levels.
If any audition sharing goes on, it gonna be limited to situations like "total schizo/spy, beware!" and "definitely not our cup of tea but you can try". Not any significant amount of apllications pool.

Last edited:

hara돌

☆하라돌이라고합니다☆

I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I'll say it here again; I know that groups like Idol & Phase maintain semi-formalized cross-corporate lines of communication, I just don't quite know how deep it goes. What if some companies literally share audition videos and keep track of potential candidates across the vtubing sphere to judge their potential value to the corporate industry? They all have at least some level of shared interest in not blackening the vtuber brand as a whole, so it makes sense on some levels.

So I guess I'll give some insights as someone who's done a few corpo auditions for the hell of it.

There's different levels to the amount of effort you can put into an audition video. Many corpos have specific things they want to see (some specifically ask for you to sing, others don't, etc.) but a lot of videos are essentially the same. I won't speak for anyone else, but I have a 'generic' 5 minute audition video that I'll submit if I don't have the time or I just don't care enough. It's a decent video, just not very specific. I believe this is what he's referring to as 'auditions likely sent to other companies.'

Meanwhile, when it comes to some auditions, I'll film and edit a whole new video to meet the requirements as stated in the audition (ideally I'd do this for every audition, but I just don't have the time). I'll mention the company by name and specifically talk about why I want to join that company. From my experience, these videos have performed the best (duh).

Is it possible that they share audition videos? I mean I guess. Doesn't feel like a particularly useful thing to do, since not everyone will audition for every company, and people can develop and change very quickly in the months between audition periods. Unlike something like a shared banlist, the amount of useful overlap is going to be minimal.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

I doubt Holo shares this kind of info with other corpos, smaller projects might, but the competition for talent is so harsh ATM that I wouldn't think it is a very good idea.
These corpos play nice on the surface but they are businesses in the end, their main directive should be to appropriate the biggest share of the market possible.

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Rate me late because i did not read this thread later but there is a little suspicion on my part that this is backed by big players because apparently AnyNegroes and Cover were in the funding process, sadly i still have not managed to make a firm connection between Cover and Nexas the only proof i have is that Anycolor and Cover are mentioned as funding this process in a website in japan that i cant read very well and the fact someone that i did not expect to find in my digging was on Nexas twitter

1712952079616.png

btw apparently Aviel knows Harry the owner of NEXAS he follow him on Twatter

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Rate me late because i did not read this thread later but there is a little suspicion on my part that this is backed by big players because apparently AnyNegroes and Cover were in the funding process, sadly i still have not managed to make a firm connection between Cover and Nexas the only proof i have is that Anycolor and Cover are mentioned as funding this process in a website in japan that i cant read very well and the fact someone that i did not expect to find in my digging was on Nexas twitter

View attachment 67940

btw apparently Aviel knows Harry the owner of NEXAS he follow him on Twatter
Why would cover and anycolor fund their competition? I think you read the info wrong, the only connection they had is that Nexas claims to be funded by the same investor funds that funded cover and anycolor.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Why would cover and anycolor fund their competition? I think you read the info wrong, the only connection they had is that Texas claims to be funded by the same investor funds that funded cover and anycolor.
I thought the same but the firm has only been around for a year thats why i dont understand why it says that, and in Cover financial reports they dont appear anywhere and the only company AngelRound has financed is NEXAS, also the entire thing is weird, the owner is japanese the company is mostly japanese but is registered in Singapore? why? all the investors are japanese

And i find NEXAS very confusing they are literally carpet bombing talents, 14 of them in a single wave but they keep saying they are not a company but some kind of training camp like VTA is? i need to dig more im intrigued of why Yagoo of all people is interested in NEXAS

Last edited:

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Why would cover and anycolor fund their competition? I think you read the info wrong, the only connection they had is that Nexas claims to be funded by the same investor funds that funded cover and anycolor.
I thought the same but the firm has only been around for a year thats why i dont understand why it says that, and in Cover financial reports they dont appear anywhere and the only company AngelRound has financed is NEXAS, also the entire thing is weird, the owner is japanese the company is mostly japanese but is registered in Singapore? why? all the investors are japanese
NEXAS doesn't need to have been funded at the same time as Anycolor and Cover. Harry just needs to have approached the same people who invested in Cover and Anycolor when they first started years ago. My guess is they're funding Harry because he fooled them, or because they consider it a nepo favour they're hoping to call in later, or because they're paying off a nepo favour they owe to someone else. In return, Harry gets money and the clout of saying "people who got in on the ground floor of Anycolor and Cover think I'm the next big thing".

"Angel round" is a term describing the financing strategy itself, not the name of the group of people investing.

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

Yeah lets copy the top cashcow of Nijisanji no one is going to notice

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Top Bottom