"I never said that, pay attention to the wording, I... uhhuhuHuHUHh I said 'I just don't swing that way', that's not a hard no! uhuhHUHuhahaha"Fujikura Uruka

Nijisanji L Collection

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.
So I just saw this article in the Kurosanji Reddit and used google translate on it:
Cover and ANYCOLOR, unexpected contrast due to the succesful festival.

TLDR: basic summary of what happened to Nijisanji these past few months omitting the details of Selen's flip attempt and Cover's rise to take the crown of number one vtuber agency in Japan.

It seems that Anycolor has lost its luster even in the Japanese market and this article shows that Cover is doing better as a vtuber agency than Anycolor (obviously). The article was released on March 28. Stock trading will resume on Monday, 9AM JST. Anycolor's current stock price is at 2559 yen. Before the Selen shitshow, it was at 3820 yen. Anycolor's stock price went down by 66.98% in just 54 days (Negligible). We'll see what will happen with their stock this coming Monday. For now, it's not looking too bright for the black company.

Fat fingered my post. My bad.

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
So I just saw this article in the Kurosanji Reddit and used google translate on it.
Cover ans ANYCOLOR, unexpected contrast due to the succesful festival.
Tazumi still wants to ACCELERATE
"According to the company, the development of systems such as training has not kept pace, and the debut of new V-tubers has been delayed. In order to produce V-tubers who can play an active role in the medium to long term, ``we will continue to create a system that will prevent schedule delays and compliance issues,'' said Riku Tagaku, CEO."

But an interesting bit is this

"The deficit widened at the festival at the end of last year.
One of the reasons for the recent slump in business results was the Nijisanji Festival, which was held for two days in December last year. According to the company's explanation, although income from festivals itself increased by nearly 50% compared to the previous year, the deficit widened due to ``more than expected related expenses,'' leading to a decline in the company's overall operating profit margin. ."
In spite of getting 50% more revenue, they still overspent on the december festival they held
The article also mentions Selen's termination and the overseas reaction to the neglible bit

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

"The deficit widened at the festival at the end of last year.
One of the reasons for the recent slump in business results was the Nijisanji Festival, which was held for two days in December last year. According to the company's explanation, although income from festivals itself increased by nearly 50% compared to the previous year, the deficit widened due to ``more than expected related expenses,'' leading to a decline in the company's overall operating profit margin. ."

In spite of getting 50% more revenue, they still overspent on the december festival they held
That's a straight up lie.
eventsrevenue.png

Their previous year had Nijifes in Q2 FY2023 (October 1st & 2nd in 2022) and that quarter produced event revenue of 837 million JPY
Their last year's recent Nijifes was held in Q3 FY2024 (December 23rd & 24th in 2023) and that quarter produced event revenue of 741 million JPY.

Again, this chart is REVENUE, not even profit, and they acknowledged their profit margin for the event suffered due to increased expenses for this year's Nijifes. There's no way Nijifes this year produced higher revenue.

Negzana

I still don't get how NijiJP has always been bigger than HoloJP? Is it purely from financial numbers because they have so many talents they brute force themselves to the top or is Niji legitimately just more popular?

Limkin

Again, this chart is REVENUE, not even profit, and they acknowledged their profit margin for the event suffered due to increased expenses for this year's Nijifes. There's no way Nijifes this year produced higher revenue.
This is why they group things so much, Niji considers all of the income associated with event as "Event" tab on a chart including merch sold during it. But this doesn't stop them from only counting event tickets, when talking about it on a separate page, when comparing revenue. Taking their words at face value, it means the amount of merch they were able to sell was so dramatically lower than previous year at this particular event, that it still tanked the graph, despite earning 50% more on selling tickets for it. By directly or indirectly excluding and including different things they can twist your perception as much as they want
I still don't get how NijiJP has always been bigger than HoloJP? Is it purely from financial numbers because they have so many talents they brute force themselves to the top or is Niji legit just more popular?
They were first, fujoshis, they were indeed just more popular, fujoshis, they have extremely wide appeal instead of only going for one specific niche due to number of members, fujoshis, they are extremely aggressive in monetizing their audience. Did I say fujoshis? Because this is their main income source. Looking at their own financial report the bulk of the revenue is made up by women from the age group of 20-30. It's all fucking fujo money

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I still don't get how NijiJP has always been bigger than HoloJP? Is it purely from financial numbers because they have so many talents they brute force themselves to the top or is Niji legitimately just more popular?
Yep. Bruteforce carpet bombing is exact reason. I think fujo market penetration was more of an accident.

tgmslc

They've pretty much always had more talents on their roster & if you look at their stock history it peaked at over ¥6000 so the company was just worth more. Of course, Cover never bothered with stock manipulation schemes like splits or buybacks, so Niji's stock value has probably always been super inflated compared to the company's actual value.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
They've pretty much always had more talents on their roster & if you look at their stock history it peaked at over ¥6000 so the company was just worth more. Of course, Cover never bothered with stock manipulation schemes like splits or buybacks, so Niji's stock value has probably always been super inflated compared to the company's actual value.
Cover only bothered with stocks because they needed money for the studio. They spent x6 times the amount of cash they made from fes 5 on the studio.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Bit of both.

NijiJP has some heavy hitters like Kuzuha and Kanae giving Pekora a run for her money for most watched JP vtuber for a week but the rest of the top 10 or top 20 spots are usually occupied by HoloJP. NijiJP wins out because they own like the entirety of the #40-100 spots except for the few runts of HoloJP and a few vtubers from the 3rd party agencies. That's always been Niji's strategy, it's why they don't dedicate a bunch of resources to helping a talent grow and develop. They'd rather throw out 10 more talents and hope some of them captures their own niche audience.

Cover wants to develop their talents, help them get more recognition, and gain a bigger audience. Niji wants to gain more fans in their sphere of influence by just releasing a bunch of random vtubers that might appeal to a group that doesn't watch their other vtubers. It's why Niji has so many talents and there's so many weird ones, like a fucking dog vtuber (Kuroi Shiba) or a demon imp (Debidebi Debiru).
This is why they group things so much, Niji considers all of the income associated with event as "Event" tab on a chart including merch sold during it. But this doesn't stop them from only counting event tickets, when talking about it on a separate page, when comparing revenue. Taking their words at face value, it means the amount of merch they were able to sell was so dramatically lower than previous year at this particular event, that it still tanked the graph, despite earning 50% on selling tickets for it.
They've explicitly stated they calculate the entirety of their merch from events as just merch. This is blatantly visible with the surge in merch revenue in the quarters following NijiFes, as they can finally recognize that revenue when they start shipping that merch. Cover actually had this issue with their last report where they stated their merch didn't grow as much in their last quarterly report because they were so overflowed with merch demands that they couldn't fulfill them all in time for that quarterly report.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Cover only bothered with stocks because they needed money for the studio. They spent x6 times the amount of cash they made from fes 5 on the studio.
They also only opened themselves to the public a little over a year ago. Also, unlike Riku, Yagoo holds majority shares over 50%, so the company is still firmly his.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
The vtuber industry is in its most fragile state ever imo, there are so many dramafags circling looking for shit atm that any drama, no matter how big a nothingburger it is, will cause damage. I plead to the gods above that Holo can stay drama free for 6 months at least, I don't like all of the praise being thrown their way atm, that shit easily turns to scorn the moment the inflated expectations are betrayed, if anything can obliterate the whole industry (in the west) it is this point in time where people have gone absolutely rabid.

My paranoia and fear have reached a record peak.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
So I just saw this article in the Kurosanji Reddit and used google translate on it:
Cover and ANYCOLOR, unexpected contrast due to the succesful festival.

TLDR: basic summary of what happened to Nijisanji these past few months omitting the details of Selen's flip attempt and Cover's rise to take the crown of number one vtuber agency in Japan.

It seems that Anycolor has lost its luster even in the Japanese market and this article shows that Cover is doing better as a vtuber agency than Anycolor (obviously). The article was released on March 28. Stock trading will resume on Monday, 9AM JST. Anycolor's current stock price is at 2559 yen. Before the Selen shitshow, it was at 3820 yen. Anycolor's stock price went down by 66.98% in just 54 days (Negligible). We'll see what will happen with their stock this coming Monday. For now, it's not looking too bright for the black company.

Fat fingered my post. My bad.
That's some Ao-kun level math. It's 33.01%.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I plead to the gods above that Holo can stay drama free for 6 months at least
pulls out monkey's paw
Perhaps I may be of assistance...

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
The vtuber industry is in its most fragile state ever imo, there are so many dramafags circling looking for shit atm that any drama, no matter how big a nothingburger it is, will cause damage. I plead to the gods above that Holo can stay drama free for 6 months at least, I don't like all of the praise being thrown their way atm, that shit easily turns to scorn the moment the inflated expectations are betrayed, if anything can obliterate the whole industry (in the west) it is this point in time where people have gone absolutely rabid.

My paranoia and fear have reached a record peak.
Take a chill pill fren
The internet has a goldfish memory and even if NijiEN reaches an apex dramafag point the people who just want to be left alone unlike dramafags or VSJ types will have plenty of perfectly good and decent alternatives

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Horo7618

No one in particular
Gen 0, Gen 2, HoloX, Myth, and advent all are left to have one member culled from them, for the record.
You forgot ReGloss, and all of ID.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
You forgot ReGloss, and all of ID.
I did forget ReGLOSS and ID cheats because they are all less than 5. ID superiority found a way around the curse.

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.
Stolen from /news/: Dokibird has partnered with Gamer Supps.

WHY DOES THIS WOMAN KEEPS ON WINNING!?!?!?
Nijisisters, don't look... Magni, your menhera will show again!
Riku, the yacht!!! Aieeeeeeeee!!!

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Faceless Waifu

look at this cute emm I generated
Early Adopter
Niji wants to gain more fans in their sphere of influence by just releasing a bunch of random vtubers that might appeal to a group that doesn't watch their other vtubers
Also at that time, the appeal of Nijisanji is that the talents themselves aren't, say, virtual-like idols or whatever. The appeal Niji brought is that these talents they have are just whatever people that just want to sat down and stream, which in itself is a contrast toward vtuber agencies at the time that still mostly following scripted/show-like stuff. Of course, Niji ended up realizing that it doesn't really worked out and spice things up a bit while also increasing the number, but it doesn't really help much in the long run and resulted in talents that quits/graduated after less than stellar activities that doesn't even reach a year or so.

It does create that niche followings for certain talents that have unusual design or certain personalities, but because there were so many to begin with, most people would ended up just focusing on what's popular rather than say, evenly spreading out toward other talents. When people are talking about Kuzuha or Kanae, there are other talents in Niji that would endure less than 3 views or having slow rise of fame because everyone and their mother just flocked to the ones that is popular.

Top Bottom