"On April 11th 2023, Rin desecrated Wikipedia by writing her own article full of mistruths, misrepresentations and general lies. The page is still up."Rin Penrose

Nijisanji L Collection

Mehk

I got the sense that this is FalseEyeD stirring up a gay op. The image he posted on that post was 2 different images spliced together, to imply that Anycolor has a hand in this.

I'm just going to roll my eyes at this nothingburger and forget about it.
I'm thinking False was rejected from the con and got messaged a few other people were denied as well and is attempting a shit-stir. I swear a few days ago someone posted a rejection letter from Offkai guest, and the letter basically said they were short on room and they apologize about not being able to let the person be a special guest. Standard robo apolo letter

Limkin

Salome was capitalized on... to shill for other companies. They basically treated her like an ad instead of a talent.
They couldn't even give her decent merch, it wasn't as shit as usual design wise, but you could tell even from the photo the quality of production was from the same sweatshop as the rest. You have a breakout talent who is mogging everyone and when it's time to cash out you still can't let go of your "maximum profit from minimal investment" habits

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
- Stock Buybacks are standard stuff and absolutely something you might want to do if you've got your business in order and cash to spend.
- "Negligible" was a true statement at the time that was received badly by people it wasn't aimed at.

The contract lingo, being contractors instead of employees both seems to be industry standard and would need to be challenged in a court of law to make definitive statements on it's validity. And it's not an easy fight at the best of times, see Uber and the gig economy as a whole.
Stock buybacks are a money sink. You don't do them when you could invest in your company. It's clear in Niji's money spending that Riku doesn't know what he's doing as a CEO.
You shouldn't sit on hundreds of millions like you're a fantasy dragon. You're supposed to re-invest. There's so many things he could've decided to invest into. Tell me, even if the stocks didn't crash after buyback, what would he have gained from it ? A few millions a year later ? If he had built his own 3D studio, for example, he could've easily made that much in a few months. What about setting up their own merch infrastructure ? Or starting offices in other countries to make collab projects easier for talents ?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Salome was capitalized on... to shill for other companies. They basically treated her like an ad instead of a talent.
I mean... you won't find a talent that'll complain about getting sponsorships.

Xuhle

Offkai has responded to False.

So just watching Lidia video and she raised a good question why did the Offical Offkai account mention Niji at all, false didnt directly and was just on the main page of there site.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
So just watching Lidia video and she raised a good question why did the Offical Offkai account mention Niji at all, false didnt directly and was just on the main page of there site.
I think because of the image, which seems to be of an email with offkai's default marketing email, had Nijisanji talents on the forefront. People in the replies were instantly talking about it being because of Nijisanji.

Xuhle

I think because of the image, which seems to be of an email with offkai's default marketing email, had Nijisanji talents on the forefront. People in the replies were instantly talking about it being because of Nijisanji.
That is certainly believable and plus with the hate train for nijisanji right now. Though you would think that the Offical account wouldnt instantly jump to that as well.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

USS IOWA

God's Weakest Tard

Stock buybacks are a money sink. You don't do them when you could invest in your company. It's clear in Niji's money spending that Riku doesn't know what he's doing as a CEO.
You shouldn't sit on hundreds of millions like you're a fantasy dragon. You're supposed to re-invest. There's so many things he could've decided to invest into. Tell me, even if the stocks didn't crash after buyback, what would he have gained from it ? A few millions a year later ? If he had built his own 3D studio, for example, he could've easily made that much in a few months. What about setting up their own merch infrastructure ? Or starting offices in other countries to make collab projects easier for talents ?
This is always something that struck me as odd about Niji. They've always been in such a hurry to try and expand their reach inside of Japan and outside of their sphere of influence and will drop a (relatively) large amount of money on debuts, models, and art, but it never really goes anywhere when you compare it to Hololive, Phase Connect, or even VShojo. Just look at the merch options; Nijisanji always comes in dead last with stuff that looks like it was manufactured in a low-end sweatshop with no effort put into it. It's this inaction and sheer dedication to penny pinching that's played no small part in the eradication or decline of their non-JP branches.

It's genuinely fascinating watching a company like this continue to exist in such a competitive and autistic entertainment sphere as V-Tubing.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
It's genuinely fascinating watching a company like this continue to exist in such a competitive and autistic entertainment sphere as V-Tubing.
It's because their incompetence gets eclipsed by worse companies like wactor and other ones that just jumped on the vtuber train to make quick cash, any time something happened at niji people would just laugh because it was nothing compared to something like wactor doxing the talents they just fired.

God's Strongest Dragoon

OffKai is such a shitshow regardless of Nijisanji interfering or not that I don't doubt they are doing stupid shit on their own without outside influence.
People seem to forget how much of a mess OffKai 2023 was. It was definitely serviceable as a con but it was incredibly poorly managed.

Punished Lurker

Posting the second part so it gets more context

Also goddammit, someone reset the clock :depressedtako:

Xuhle

People seem to forget how much of a mess OffKai 2023 was. It was definitely serviceable as a con but it was incredibly poorly managed.
Who needs to remember if you didnt go and just enjoy the shit show. :whatastory:

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
I don't think Niji is gonna sink because of EN, in the grand scale of things EN has always been and will probably always be a minor league compared to JP. It's just that us westoids put a lot more stock on ourselves than is warranted.
I agree with you in principle; JP has always been the big earner for Nijisanji. With that said, there are a couple wrinkles in that equation that still leave me on the fence about Anycolor's stability moving forward.

For one thing, with the yen being so weak at the moment, any given amount of donations or superchats for a purely JP streamer is worth about two thirds as much as an EN streamer with an equivalent subscriber base in the west. Expanding in the US is a more "efficient" way for Japanese vtubing companies to make money (expanding in Europe would be even better, but no one has really managed to break out there yet AFAIK).

The other wrinkle is that this whole affair has essentially stonewalled Niji's growth potential, likely for the rest of 2024 at least. Where do you even expand from here if you're Riku? ES has no spending money and EU seems uninterested overall. I guess China, but there are some weiiiird things that can happen when companies try to pander to the chinese market too much. And at this point, I question if there's enough liquid capital left in the Yacht to get out of trouble.

EDIT: Holy shit Offkai is dropping Ethyria, that is a major source of money evaporated. I wonder how Anycolor will respond, if at all

VSoyBoy

Posting the second part so it gets more context

Also goddammit, someone reset the clock :depressedtako:

How absolutely unnecessary to announce this today then.
So they make the decision when the situation was still fresh and developing, don't announce it and instead wait two weeks, announcing it just when things start to mellow out again coinciding with drama about you turning other guests away.

Almost makes me think they want to stir shit and ride the waves for marketing.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
EDIT: Holy shit Offkai is dropping Ethyria, that is a major source of money evaporated. I wonder how Anycolor will respond, if at all
Is offkai that profitable? How many people even go there?

Xuhle

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Anycolor sold things there?
Yeah and? They sell shit online constantly, the guy said "major", I'd like to know how "major" not selling stuff for 2 days is or if it even matters that much.

Xuhle

Yeah and? They sell shit online constantly, the guy said "major", I'd like to know how "major" not selling stuff for 2 days is or if it even matters that much.
I was actually asking a genuine question cause i thought they were the only ones to not have a booth there out of the big companies.

Top Bottom