"Do you look at people's feet to feel human again?"Tabby Ragtan

Nijisanji L Collection

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I well understand that it's almost impossible to find good middle ground between labor laws and corpo interests.
This is the middle ground. Corpos can't recycle vtuber models since we expect the character to be played by only one person. Talents lose subscribers and branding associated with the model they play if they get fired or can't come to an agreement with a contract. This means that both parties want to be able to agree that the talent can play their role, and both have something to lose should they not be able to come to this agreement.

tgmslc

I made this comparison on the farms years ago and got fucking screeched at but it's fucking true and everyone knows it.
I would think that getting screeched at by Kiwifarms users would be the first hint that you're speaking truth.
:Vesper-UNHINGED:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I kinda see Hololive as an analog to Nintendo in the gaming space, i.e. a company that cultivates its own demographic of loving fans & mostly ignores the rest of the industry.

Nijisanji is Sony in this analogy. Was hugely popular, even much more so than their main rivals at one point, but made some really stupid decisions that set them on the back foot for a long, long time. They'll probably coast through on the back of the good will they built up originally, though.
The comparison is not helpful. I associate Nintendo with coasting along on a few gimmicks, old IPs that keep getting rehashed to death, never spending enough money on game development or hardware, and making stuff for kids and people that can't let go of childhood nostalgia. Meanwhile, Hololive doesn't skimp on funding their stuff, everything looks top-tier, the stuff gets marketed towards adults, and Hololive does branch out with new vtubers, and nostalgia isn't really a thing for stuff that's as new as Hololive is.

I see where you're coming from, but I feel comparing vtuber corpos to consoles is a mistake. Or you could equally make the comparison with Hololive and Sony, especially with the focus on graphic whoredom and state-of-the-art technology, and be just as equally right and wrong while not really giving helpful information.

God's Strongest Dragoon

The comparison is not helpful. I associate Nintendo with coasting along on a few gimmicks, old IPs that keep getting rehashed to death, never spending enough money on game development or hardware, and making stuff for kids and people that can't let go of childhood nostalgia. Meanwhile, Hololive doesn't skimp on funding their stuff, everything looks top-tier, the stuff gets marketed towards adults, and Hololive does branch out with new vtubers, and nostalgia isn't really a thing for stuff that's as new as Hololive is.

I see where you're coming from, but I feel comparing vtuber corpos to consoles is a mistake. Or you could equally make the comparison with Hololive and Sony, especially with the focus on graphic whoredom and state-of-the-art technology, and be just as equally right and wrong while not really giving helpful information.
I believe the main thing with Nintendo is that it's been noted numerous times in business that they don't really compete with Sony or Xbox because they're in their own lane. The idol avenue does that for Cover, as they're the ones that are willing to throw a fuckton of money at it while guaranteeing that even if you are the runt of your gen or branch, you're still going to get the support. By all means, Stars would have been shuttered for their poor performance in a lot of other agencies but they let them stick around and grow (partly because they're Yagoo's pet project).

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I believe the main thing with Nintendo is that it's been noted numerous times in business that they don't really compete with Sony or Xbox because they're in their own lane. The idol avenue does that for Cover, as they're the ones that are willing to throw a fuckton of money at it while guaranteeing that even if you are the runt of your gen or branch, you're still going to get the support. By all means, Stars would have been shuttered for their poor performance in a lot of other agencies but they let them stick around and grow (partly because they're Yagoo's pet project).
YAGOO working to hit that TAM! (Total Addressable Market, for anyone that doesn't know the business lingo.) But, the Stars have still been profitable for Cover, though they also get far less direct investment. Though with issues of none of them really popping off, letting them go full time and scale the product, it's more niche. However, niche products still make money, expand reach and, as long as its viable/stable, you always have a chance to catch lightning in the bottle one day.

Coffee Filter

Meanwhile Kurosanji is experiencing a train wreck, plane crash, and rapture all at the same time with EN merch dropping all at once.1000003120.jpg
Like, why did Riku think this was a good idea???

(Also apologies am on mobile right now so formating might suck ass)

EDIT: Also with Kotoka being in 3/4 of these, wonder if they will announce termination/graduation of her after the sale ends to milk as much money from the fans as possible.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Q4 for Nijisanji started on February 1st and ends April 30th. They're doing everything they can to pad that Q4 financial report. NijiEN was already having a heavy downward trend in revenue/profitability but the Selen shit dropped on February 5th, so that financial quarter is plagued with that shit right at the start. Think back to February and how a lot of their big talents in NijiEN just weren't streaming in February to avoid the fallout. Ignoring the obvious drop in viewership and earnings from streams, having one-third of your quarter consist of non-existent streaming is horrific for the branch's financial performance. Their Q4 is going to look horrendous, hence the padding.

A Mario Kart branch tournament, AR Live, 2 4 3D debuts, and merch spam all in one quarter. NijiEN must have some ridiculously awful stats right now if they're pulling out all the stops.

Last edited:

Saturnus

haha it's unou

God's Strongest Dragoon

It'll be 4 by the time they push out the report. Millie and Enna are scheduled to debut later this month before the 30th.
I was actually thinking about Millie and Enna. I completely forgot that Rosemi and Petra had their 3D.
:Vesper-UNHINGED:

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.
Q4 for Nijisanji started on February 1st and ends April 30th. They're doing everything they can to pad that Q4 financial report. NijiEN was already having a heavy downward trend in revenue/profitability but the Selen shit dropped on February 5th, so their Q4 is going to look horrendous, hence the padding.

A Mario Kart branch tournament, AR Live, 2 3D debuts, and merch spam all in one quarter. NijiEN must have some ridiculously awful stats right now if they're pulling out all the stops.
Nijisanji in a nutshell right now:
:sinktheyacht::sinktheyacht::sinktheyacht:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Hypothetically if investments dry up and Riku ends up forced to sell or break down shop what would happen to the Vtuber market?
Well japan is fucked and thats bad cause Tamaki is nijijp and I like Tamaki and theres no way niji is going to give her model up :(

tgmslc

Meanwhile Kurosanji is experiencing a train wreck, plane crash, and rapture all at the same time with EN merch dropping all at once.View attachment 67766
I don't pay attention to Niji merch drops as a Holofag, is this normal for Niji this time of year? I was gonna say that it seems insane until I remembered the almost $250 i dropped at the end of the Feb-March Hololive Promise birthday gauntlet.

Limkin

EDIT: Also with Kotoka being in 3/4 of these, wonder if they will announce termination/graduation of her after the sale ends to milk as much money from the fans as possible.
They are still selling Pomu merch, and Hex is in the same gen, methink they wouldn't even care to wait until the end as he would make the bulk of profit anyway

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
The Mario Kart vod sits at 10k dislikes to 9.7k likes

The coming financial reports are going to be spicy

Negzana

The Mario Kart vod sits at 10k dislikes to 9.7k likes

The coming financial reports are going to be spicy
Kaela's Collab with Kronii only barely fell short of it in CCV and Mumei's karaoke outright surpassed it

Niji doing doing good

Big PiPi Energy

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
I thought the Niji L's were starting to dry up. Thank vtuber Jesus for the rain during this drought.

Doki being able to yank her Fortnite account out from under Niji and rebrand it has to be one of my favorite L's of recent weeks. While it doesn't effect Niji at all to lose a dead account, you know it seriously hurt their pride. And that's the real Doki W.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Some redditor made a tally of all the superchats and memberships from all the people who streamed their Mario Kart POVs

svxh5rngk1tc1.jpeg

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Big oof for Vezalius, that's going to need a bandage.

returntomonke

Unapoligetic sheep enjoyer
Some redditor made a tally of all the superchats and memberships from all the people who streamed their Mario Kart POVs

View attachment 67774
1.8 million yen, around 1.2K USD. i dunno if i would count that as an L, but again i'm not familiar with the numbers a big collab should bring to the table.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I thought the Niji L's were starting to dry up. Thank vtuber Jesus for the rain during this drought.

Doki being able to yank her Fortnite account out from under Niji and rebrand it has to be one of my favorite L's of recent weeks. While it doesn't effect Niji at all to lose a dead account, you know it seriously hurt their pride. And that's the real Doki W.
I like to imagine a Niji intern angrily E-Mailing Epic about this, and the reply consists of the following:

Code:
To: Anycolor
Subject: Selen Tatsuki's Fortnite Account

Dear valued customer,

get bent.

Kind regards

Epic

Top Bottom