"PIPKIN PIPPA! I'M COMING TO KILL YOU! In Phase World? NO! At your house! In real life! I'm going to stalk her, and become obsessed with her! And wear her makeup, and her mold! And use her Live2D as a coat like the ancient foxgirls did!"Kirschey

Nijisanji L Collection

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
With what money? And they have no assets in ID, so it's gonna be long process in nipland. But yeah, she and Kuro absolutely should at least threaten to file criminal charges and sue.
I would like to add that this type of shit is a good way to get financial feds involved to rail your shit. No idea what her government rules are, but if this shit happened in the US, the IRS would definitely begin digging. Also, given the state of the JP economy at the moment, I would not be surprised if she could get some solid results by contacting their authority to do the work for her. She probably wouldn't win or get anything substantial though.

Militante

Edit: Also I forgot, but as long as it's still live and they don't kill it specifically, if you go to their videos section while they're live there should be a currently running vod, so you can go back and check in there in the meantime.
Just to save a few seconds, I think this is when she starts to discuss it:

Great, not sure how to download off this but useful as a reference.

Tax talk and transition to Niji talk happened around 1:50:00 ish; Niji specifically 1:57:15 - She took up the offer of the certain percentage due to the flexibility of her rates. Since she sometimes earned more, sometimes earned less.
Note: Nijisanji offered, not Mika asked for assistance.

2:00:25 talking about how she's grateful for the system - and how she never spent money out of her wallet to pay for the tax because every month, they took 10% for the taxes. It was written up specifically as money for taxes, and not just verbal.

No mention of not having paid enough taxes, just that she owed taxes for the past 2 years.

2:03:15 Contacted friend's lawyer dad to help dispute the nonpayment of taxes
2:04:05 Talking about the tax payment/transfer code/receipt, asked Niji about the requisite documents for the tax payment, made 28 files that she sent to Niji to ask for the receipts
2:05:05 Niji tells her that those were not her taxes, those were their taxes (I assume corporate income tax?)
Niji did not respond as to why they were taking their taxes from her payroll.
2:12:00 Liquifying her insurance

2:18:52 "the only way I could see myself surviving that situation is if I were like to not just be there"
Yeah I heard it right the first time. Unfortunately.

Last edited:

tarkanoltr

2:07:15, she asked for help from the black company and as expected, none was given. Thankfully her friend's lawyer dad/firm stepped up and hooked her up with an accountant.
Geez, her interest penalty would have been 150%.

Limkin

Don’t quote me on this, but I’m pretty sure that’s highly illegal–actual fraud. Theoretically, they could be held liable in court for this (although they do have enough money to stall it until it’s dismissed. No idea how any of this works in her court, though)
If they never said they would use it to pay her personal taxes - no, not really. Something something read the fucking contract. Whatever they could've explained to her verbally is almost always entirely irrelevant compared to what's written in agreement. I will say whoever keeps peddling that Nijisanji is "incompetent" should be forced to apply to them, the shit they pull off is strictly malicious and doesn't come from the place of misunderstanding or lack of skill. There is no universe where asking an employee to take a paycut so you (a company) can pay your taxes using it is some sort of weird miscommunication - you wanted to steal their money they earnt so you don't have to spend yours. It's as simple as that. Not checking your employee's work for over a year, and then one day before release going "well ackshually you still need to secure rights so go and delete the whole work" is not incompetence. You willfully refused to do your actual job, knowing full well it will cause massive irreperable damange to a person

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Great, not sure how to download off this but useful as a reference..

Thanks for the timestamps. I've got the VOD downloaded and I'm about to clip out the tax part and upload it since it doesn't look like anyone else has yet. I've watched to the point where she talks about VShojo teaching her to use a VPN (holy fuck Niji doesn't have their talents use VPNs). Do you know if she says anything relevant past that point?

Edit: Never mind. Here's the clip.

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Developing from Michi livestream on Twitch.

Niji offered Mika an option to have a portion of her income deducted to pay for taxes. Prior to this, Mika was filing her taxes herself, and figured that she'd take the option to avoid the hassle. As legally required, she also continues to declare her income to the government. The sum scalped off was 10% or so.

Two years later, she gets a letter from the government saying she hasn't paid her taxes for 2 years. Thinking there was a mistake, she went to Niji to ask for the tax payment codes so she can prove to the government that the portion of her paycheck earmarked for "taxes" were indeed paid. She found out that the tax payments were for Nijisanji, the corporate entity, and not her.

At best she managed to negotiate for leniency from the interest for the unpaid taxes, which slashed the amount in half, but still had to pay for the rest of the unpaid taxes. She had to liquidate her insurance plans, and was 300 dollars away from total bankruptcy. She spent a 6 month period avoiding going to the doctor or her therapist. Niji did not offer financial or legal assistance in any capacity from what I've understood from her story.

She also genuinely considered that the problems will go away if she went away.

No idea how to archive from Twitch streams that are still in progress, but I'm damn sure this moment will be clipped by every dramafag under the sun.

Liveposts on the topic from the /vsj+/ thread on the same:

holy shit what the fuck

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
2:18:52 "the only way I could see myself surviving that situation is if I were like to not just be there"
Yeah I heard it right the first time. Unfortunately.

Wait am I reading this right? Niji drove ANOTHER talent to thoughts of suicide?

Limkin

Wait am I reading this right? Niji drove ANOTHER talent to thoughts of suicide?
You don't "survive" through suicide. That's just saying Niji would continue to screw her over unless she graduates. The good old japanese tactic of never firing you, but continuing to abuse you until you take a hint and retire yourself. Selen just didn't take a hint they want her out for way too long

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
You don't "survive" through suicide. That's just saying Niji would continue to screw her over unless she graduates. The good old japanese tactic of never firing you, but continuing to abuse you until you take a hint and retire yourself. Selen just didn't take a hint they want her out for way too long
Oh ok I just misinterpreted it as her saying if she stayed in Niji she wouldn't survive it through an eventual attempt but I see what you mean

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Yeah, apology is actually quite a lot. But there's plenty of space to express sympathy and regret without admitting fault, and even quite bad companies usually manage that.
I agree. I just think that expressing sympathy and regret without admitting fault is as much as the Riku video did.
[...] We unfortunately used the expression "negligible" to describe performance impact. Our wording lacked consideration for the situation, and caused Nijisanji EN fans and everyone who supports the VTuber industry to feel that Anycolor Inc. undervalued the impact of Selen's contract termination, and Selen herself. I deeply regret this outcome and will be rethinking how our communication in English is done. Without a doubt, Selen was integral to the growth of Nijisanji EN. As a company, it is truly unfortunate that our relationship ended the way it did. We regret that the notice we published on February 7th was worded this way. We made it sound like our company does not value the hard work of our livers. I deeply apologize. [...]
The PR might have been better if he had a more direct allusion to Selen's suicide attempts and hassling her in the hospital, but I can also see why a PR team might have explicitly advised Riku to avoid it. Although:

With how tightly micromanaged the Selen situation was I doubt there's any room to apologise without also ending up under the guillotine.
That people (both outside and probably within) Nijisanji still believe this, shows that Riku really needed to force Yasuhiro and the rest of NijiEN management to bow as well. If Riku can say Selen did not kill puppies, anyone else should be able to, and any obstruction shows that Riku is a weak leader (which we knew TBF). I posit that NijiEN hasn't apologised because there is genuine resentment, on top of the influence of Yasuhiro or le clique. I'll admit it could still all be Yasuhiro.

I asked earlier why Yasuhiro wasn't forced to apologise. But thinking about it, EN branch manager is his part-time position - his full-time position is in UMG. Humiliating or firing him would not just force Riku to find a proper replacement (who might ask for proper wages, the horror), it would also burn bridges with UMG. Good job using such a crucial position as a traded favour, Riku.
:kroniibitchclap:

The comparison falls apart because Froot isn't our employee. There are laws in many countries, including Canada, as to how management can treat its employees, and discriminating against specific employees and harassing them is illegal. Nijisanji has obligations with how they treat Selen under Canadian law, and those obligations cannot be waived away because Selen is a contractor or because her employers were in Japan. On the other hand, we have no legal obligation to Froot or her welfare beyond what we'd have towards any other random person.
I mean, that's why I said Froot could just close the tab while Selen couldn't. The point of the comparison is that it's not unimaginable that NijiEN would refuse to apologise, especially if they've gotten into a loop of "all she had to do was follow the rules".

With all that said, the Mika tax revelations show that the rot runs deep.

Being optimistic, this sounds like a big misunderstanding of Japanese tax withholding. If you're a contractor/casual worker then payments to you can (and in some circumstances must) have some tax withheld at source. But the withholding happens at the lowest tax rate (because the system is meant for, like, casual hourly workers first and foremost), so if you earn enough to hit a higher tax bracket then you're still obliged to file a tax return and pay the difference.
I can see this, but I think the following is telling:

2:00:25 talking about how she's grateful for the system - and how she never spent money out of her wallet to pay for the tax because every month, they took 10% for the taxes. It was written up specifically as money for taxes, and not just verbal.

2:05:05 Niji tells her that those were not her taxes, those were their taxes (I assume corporate income tax?)
Niji did not respond as to why they were taking their taxes from her payroll.
If this was because of Japanese tax withholding (willful misunderstanding or not on Nijisanji's part), they could have replied to Mika with "oh, we meant the Japanese tax withholding for contractors under Japanese law xyz, we saved you the trouble of filing your Japanese tax return, aren't we awesome? Your country's taxes are not our problem, please understand."
No response at all suggests someone was flailing for a proper response. Then again, her email might have gone to a high schooler who knew nothing about the tax deal who started wondering why he didn't apply to the konbini instead.

I would like to add that this type of shit is a good way to get financial feds involved to rail your shit. No idea what her government rules are, but if this shit happened in the US, the IRS would definitely begin digging. Also, given the state of the JP economy at the moment, I would not be surprised if she could get some solid results by contacting their authority to do the work for her. She probably wouldn't win or get anything substantial though.
I'm no legal expert, but is this how Anesama_daisuki got redress?

Is there a timeframe for when this tax deal was made? Mika says she owed two years of taxes. Assuming some time for her resolving this situation, graduating from Niji, and telling this story now, the tax deal would have been made before the NijiID merge to JP management, which was finalised 15 April 2022.

Last edited:

Xuhle

Honestly I got to wonder how many of the talents have fallen for this tax fraud scheme. I think at least a third of EN has, I have no evidence of this but I know how stupid everyone in the branch is that they aren't going to try and avoid taxes if they can.
Though another thought is maybe some found out and realize they can't leave otherwise they will go bankrupt making this in some form blackmail, fitting for this black company. Contracts might be one thing but blackmail on top of that could be why it's so hard to leave niji as well.

Limkin

Though another thought is maybe some found out and realize they can't leave otherwise they will go bankrupt making this in some form blackmail, fitting for this black company. Contracts might be one thing but blackmail on top of that could be why it's so hard to leave niji as well.
They will still have to pay it. It's not a blackmail in any way, shape or form. It would be a blackmail if Nijisanji found out livers are not paying taxes because they are not reporting income from the company, and threatened them using this into doing their bidding. There is no alternative option where if they do what Nijisanji says they will not get in trouble. They already are in trouble, it's just a shitty way to try and earn money you owe. A better way would be to come out clean, deal with it with the help of the lawyer, and find yourself a job that will not actively screw you over. Staying at Nijisanji will only lead to more situations where a company will try to take advantage of you. You are reaching the point where meetings with management should be held with the lawyer to make sure you don't sign up for something absurd. And if you go that fucking deep - just get out

Bug Eater

That's fucking dirty, and here I thought that Kuro was just an idiot for his tax troubles. Looks like there's a consistent pattern here.
I'm fairly sure that the property tax he owed was completely out of Anycolor's hands (at least in terms of who to blame - it was still dumb to not offer him any support) but now I'm a bit curious about the other tax problem he had, where IIRC he claimed that his accountant didn't file his taxes and he had to pay a fine because of it. I don't think he's talked about that since leaving Niji.

x Hades Stamps

Optimistic version of events would be making up the difference for two years worth of taxes, which was somehow enough to nearly bankrupt Mika at the time. The less optimistic version would be Niji taking their corporate income tax payments off their collective ID talents, which may be possible given that she mentioned that there were payment confirmation numbers given after she asked Niji about it.
Considering that’s the best case, it’s incredibly fucked up.
Yup. The IRS doesn’t care who you are. They’ll absolutely tear you apart for this. Even if you’re Nijisanji.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
To no-one suprise, apparently the Singapore M&G were a shitshow, according to this chinese (?) fan

Ninja'd as I'm typing this out. Going to post it anyways since I have more information (HA)

8oeijb.jpg

Screenshot-2024-04-29-091831.png

(Insert what Superduper Samurai posted here)
Screenshot-2024-04-29-091906.png

Also more testimony here -

Translated below-
Screenshot-2024-04-29-105455.png

Screenshot-2024-04-29-092006.png

image.png

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp

I wonder if this is what happened to Kuro?

I doubt it, he's just retarded and have proven as such, but I guarantee this will be used in support of him being retarded with taxes.
I guess that's why the majority of their ID talents left, this company gets worst by the second holy shit.
I used to believe it was at least a decent decision to join niji as an alternative to holo, but now I am glad the ones that joined holo did so.
They've talked about it quite specifically, many left simply because there was no management or support for them once they got merged into main branch, and even before hand there wasn't much done.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Yup. The IRS doesn’t care who you are. They’ll absolutely tear you apart for this. Even if you’re Nijisanji.
USA IRS is hardly of relevance to tardsanji. Yeah, they can and will sue and win against the in jap, but it'll take like 5 years.
Talents won't see any money from it though.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Ninja'd as I'm typing this out. Going to post it anyways since I have more information (HA)

8oeijb.jpg

Translated below-

image.png

jesus fucking christ man

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

8oeijb.jpg

Translated below-

image.png

"Perhaps the last show she (shit female staffer) was responsible for Finana, no one lined up"
"When i met Finana i had 2 minutes" (out of a 90 second M&G)

:selenpointandlaugh::selenpointandlaugh::selenpointandlaugh::selenpointandlaugh:

Top Bottom