"I can't stop it if your pp gets hard"Fujikura Uruka

Phase Connect Gen 3 Speculation and Liveposting thread

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Now we have all five design previews up, who are we liking the most so far, design-wise?

I'm digging the design for the detective girl the most. The belts, the black outfit, the stomach tattoo, the monocle, all very nice.

What's everyone else thinking?

Bronze

Now we have all five design previews up, who are we liking the most so far, design-wise?

I'm digging the design for the detective girl the most. The belts, the black outfit, the stomach tattoo, the monocle, all very nice.

Clara :shiinastare:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Bronze

Follow-up:

Her art style didn't attract my attention at start, but now its growing on me. They are pretty well done too, considering how fast she puts them. Want to see a proper art of her that she's spent an hour or too. E:Although Loki's more impressive when it comes to art

Last edited:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Gaod help me.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

Design - Yuu
Art style - Loki
Personality on Twitter - Clara

Pico and Memory seem chill. Excited to see their reveal

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

yuu because i like it when women looks like they could kick me in the gut spit on my shivering self as a writhe from pain and pop a bullet in my cranium in that order

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Bunnygirl>Snake=tattoo>dog>elf
I like bunnygirl's outfit, snake and office lady are hot, the other two don't stand out very much, elf looks like an ironlung outfit and dog I forgot existed.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
now lets ask ms clara about her opinions on black people and slavery
>Pankophile

Do you need to ask?

Memory's outfit looks really cute.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
wow!!!!! -Fishman probably

Bug lovers - this doing anything for you? Seems more like cosplay then anything.

Clara > Yuu > Loki > Memory > Pico
Clara's preview is giving me Mondaiji vibes; a plus for me.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Bug lovers - this doing anything for you? Seems more like cosplay then anything.
Bug lovers? Not sure what that means, but if we're talking about Memory Kekoromo's design/outfit, it's a nice colour scheme and there's definitely a wide range of potential character types that could conceivably fit the character concept, either supporting the outward design or taking advantage of gap moe in an entertaining way.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Bug lovers? Not sure what that means, but if we're talking about Memory Kekoromo's design/outfit, it's a nice colour scheme and there's definitely a wide range of potential character types that could conceivably fit the character concept, either supporting the outward design or taking advantage of gap moe in an entertaining way.
I know there are some on the forum who's ears perk up when they see any kind of "bug" (term used loosely) silhouette. Just wondering if they're still interested now that the preview is out.
I agree on the outfit design though.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I know there are some on the forum who's ears perk up when they see any kind of "bug" (term used loosely) silhouette. Just wondering if they're still interested now that the preview is out.
I agree on the outfit design though.
Doesn't look like a bug to me. She's a cute loli elf with a very feminine pink, purple, black, and white outfit.

Bug-themed vtubers, I'd think vtubers more like Matara Kan or Juniper. I'm not seeing any bug traits here.

hylic

God's Strongest Dragoon

Fucking knife ears :botanheadshake:
Nice of you to share your honest opinion of Hexa.
yuu because i like it when women looks like they could kick me in the gut spit on my shivering self as a writhe from pain and pop a bullet in my cranium in that order
How often did your mother beat you?

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Nice of you to share your honest opinion of Hexa.

How often did your mother beat you?
Moms fine
The other women on the other hand

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
So watching a Raden clip made me think about this again
You're thinking too much. It's inevitable that models will share similarities when everyone is drawing from the well of Japanese culture and history to inspire their designs and there are so many vtuber designs being released. There are only so many meaningfully different colours you can pick for hair and so many meaningfully different body shapes you can pick from. If there are similarities, that's just a product of the sheer numbers involved.
I was thinking more about the style of the art vs. the theme of the vtuber. For phase, the gapmoe of the character and the style of the art has had a positive influence for "pink rabbit" and "angry business suit fox". Lia changing the theme of her model vs. Lumi changing the style of her model is an ideal example of character vs. art. Some character art leans into tropes like Michi's big ass hat but others flip the script like Nasa having dragon hands. Unless the person is entertaining none of this matters but it's hard to know what people will become fans of.

Phase doesn't have to budget to blow on redesigns left and right like Cover with Irys - I still think her original model is outstanding - and others like Vesper/Magni/Nene/Flare etc. The Regloss model themes are pretty plain but the art style plays a big part in distinguishing them.

HLreglossgeneral.webp

Ao - Manga character style
Kanade - Clean illustration
Ririka - Also crisp illustration
JFT - muted version of their art - see Suntory Nomu
Hajime - Bright, somehow not oversaturated illustration
The makeup for JFT being obvious, the glow of Hajime and the mature eyes of Ao set these characters apart at first look. Kanade and Ririka are left to their personalities. These illustrators are all amazing but think about if Kanade and Ririka didn't look like characters from the same show...

The timing of this Phase generation seems really good though! Their character art make them seem like characters from the same show but that's OK as personality is key. I watch too many JP streamers and I am still really excited to see these new girls. Big wish - off collabs....

TL;DR Character design can synergize with or elevate a talent. The new gen might not get that boost as their character art has a similar "look and feel".

Last edited:
Top Bottom