"Ngl... NGL? Nasa... Good job Life!!!"Utatane Nasa

Phase Connect JP Gen 1 'KALEiDO' Speculation/Liveposting

PemAloeKenzoku

Yuu has a great voice for asmr, jeez. The asmr mic caught me off guard :shiinastare:

edit: NekoYuu is extremely cute
Share-X-7ohqj-AMb6x.png
brave-Bexgkw-YXvh.png
brave-T1a1-Lr-Rg-Z9.png
10/10. I'm not simping. Honest.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
What do we make of the story of her joining the group a month later than the others?
In terms of joining Phase it's usually been some variation of either Clara personally asked and wanted to be in JP, or the only spot fishman had left was a JP spot so he put her there. (funny enough I think I've heard Clara say both versions on stream). Being in EN didn't seem to be on the table at any point.

About joining the basement a month after her genmates, is a little more interesting. Clara showed those discord requests from sakana; it looked like the earliest was 6/29. Beryl graduated on 6/26, so it's safe to assume she already established a working relationship with the fish at some point prior. Hitori, (we've agreed that it's Loki, yes?) fellow corpo mate, graduated 2 weeks prior to Beryl. Two talents from the same company, leaving within the same month, but fish accepted one talent an entire month before the second one? Not just Loki, but the other 3 as well before Clara? So maybe the rrat is Fishman took longer to decide what to do with Beryl then anybody else. (Gen 3 included?) And going by Airi's interview, sakana doesn't let the talent into the basement until they're "finalized".

EDIT: Ah, but I remember, I think either Lia or Airi said that one day 10 new people entered the basement all at once. Did all 10 really get added at one time, or was that just a generalization?

Last edited:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
In terms of joining Phase it's usually been some variation of either Clara personally asked and wanted to be in JP, or the only spot fishman had left was a JP spot so he put her there. (funny enough I think I've heard Clara say both versions on stream). Being in EN didn't seem to be on the table at any point.

About joining the basement a month after her genmates, is a little more interesting. Clara showed those discord requests from sakana; it looked like the earliest was 6/29. Beryl graduated on 6/26, so it's safe to assume she already established a working relationship with the fish at some point prior. Hitori, (we've agreed that it's Loki, yes?) fellow corpo mate, graduated 2 weeks prior to Beryl. Two talents from the same company, leaving within the same month, but fish accepted one talent an entire month before the second one? Not just Loki, but the other 3 as well before Clara? So maybe the rrat is Fishman took longer to decide what to do with Beryl then anybody else. (Gen 3 included?) And going by Airi's interview, sakana doesn't let the talent into the basement until they're "finalized".
I think fish used INT 100 and put her in JP due to her bilingual ability, why would he waste her on EN?

bothyourhouses

Clara personally asked and wanted to be in JP, or the only spot fishman had left was a JP spot so he put her there. (funny enough I think I've heard Clara say both versions on stream). Being in EN didn't seem to be on the table at any point.
The way it sounded to me was that fish had a spot for her in EN and wanted her there, but she asked to switch to JP and they made it work.
Given her level of Japanese I would rrat that it's visa issues, she needs to be employed by a Japanese company so that she can stay in Japan.

NotDecatto

DYRBI
EDIT: Ah, but I remember, I think either Lia or Airi said that one day 10 new people entered the basement all at once. Did all 10 really get added at one time, or was that just a generalization?
It was Lia.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
I think fish used INT 100 and put her in JP due to her bilingual ability, why would he waste her on EN?
The way it sounded to me was that fish had a spot for her in EN and wanted her there, but she asked to switch to JP and they made it work.
Given her level of Japanese I would rrat that it's visa issues, she needs to be employed by a Japanese company so that she can stay in Japan.
Either way, I think it was correct choice for the growth of Phase; much to the chagrin of @Lurker McSpic. I mean, I'll have to do my reps to get the most out of her streams as well. It's a strange feeling to finally get what you want, but woefully unprepared to fully enjoy it.

seenister

To add to that, I do think Fish wanted her to be the face of Phase JP (evident by the lightning bolt oshi mark). Why wouldn't he? She was literally a JP idol and Japan is obviously really big on that. With Gen 3 and JP Gen 1 teasing about 3D concerts and such, Clara is the best possible candidate to do that, at least initially. She has been teasing about her 3D sololive and the JP animated trailer also implied that is going to happen in the near future.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

What do you mean by "waste her?"

God's Strongest Dragoon

What do you mean by "waste her?"
By putting her in the JP branch, she can pull the EN viewers to watch a JP talent and attract more JP viewers because they see "oh, JP stream with a lot of views!". Fuwamoco is in a similar role as her but they have a second timeslot reserved entirely for the JP viewers and Hololive already has a strong and established JP fanbase. Phase doesn't have that strong JP fanbase and it's more important to lure their EN over to prop them up.

Suppose you put Clara in EN and she helps your EN fanbase of 1000 grow by 10%. Meanwhile you can put her in JP to help your JP fanbase of 200 grow by 70%. It's all a long-term strategy and if it fails tremendously, she can always take the Tenma route of forgetting she's suppose to be JP.

Last edited:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
By putting her in the JP branch, she can pull the EN viewers to watch a JP talent and attract more JP viewers because they see "oh, JP stream with a lot of views!". Fuwamoco is in a similar role as her but they have a second timeslot reserved entirely for the JP viewers and Hololive already has a strong and established JP fanbase. Phase doesn't have that strong JP fanbase and it's more important to lure their EN over to prop them up.

Suppose you put Clara in EN and she helps your EN fanbase of 1000 grow by 10%. Meanwhile you can put her in JP in have her help your JP fanbase of 200 grow by 70%. It's all a long-term strategy and if it fails tremendously, she can always take the Tenma route of forgetting she's suppose to be JP.
Put it better than I ever could.
Also wanna add that having her in an exploratory branch helps tie it to their MUCH more successful main branch, I'd compare it to Kiara tbh and how important it is to not just shit out a foreign branch and leave them out to dry without a bridgehead from the established fanbase, which is already apparent with her having double the subs of any of her genmates.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Put it better than I ever could.
Also wanna add that having her in an exploratory branch helps tie it to their MUCH more successful main branch, I'd compare it to Kiara tbh and how important it is to not just shit out a foreign branch and leave them out to dry without a bridgehead from the established fanbase, which is already apparent with her having double the subs of any of her genmates.
Yeah, it's very much a "rising tide raises all ships" philosophy. When people become fans of a branch, it's usually 1-2 people that they'll start to watch and usually they'll check out the other talents there over time. Personally I mainly got into Phase due to Temna and Lumi. Now I'll check out like 10+ other talents in the company I might watch. Clara's there to get the EN fanbase to show up and support a PhaseJP to bait JP viewers to watch and hopefully be converted to PhaseJP fans, causing them to watch other talents.

People are inherently prone to checking out associated content in media, it's why media crossovers are so prominent. You want to make a branch succeed in a new market? You're going to want at least one talent to pop off to carry them for a while and lure people to the rest of the branch.

Last edited:

The Dented Guy

I have autism, please be patient

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Hitori, (we've agreed that it's Loki, yes?)
I honestly don't know, and I'm leaning like 80% it's not her. Only the voice matches, nothing else does.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Pretty entertaining stream so far from Clara. Hopefully she gets convinced to play Alien: Isolation at some point because she keeps talking shit while hiding whereas the Alien in that game can actually listen to your mic.
:smugina:

NotDecatto

DYRBI
English study stream with Yuu.

Geology class with Pico.

Karaoke with Loki-sama in 4+ hours.

Last edited:

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Pico is cute as hell, getting spooked every time she gets a donation :pomuLove:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Do we have an age estimate on Yuu yet.
She might be a hag.

NotDecatto

DYRBI
Morning chat with Yuu. Today will be a double stream day as she's also streaming Portal later tonight at 8 PM JST.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I understand the choice to have a member as a bridge to increase the numbers on both sides. On paper sounds great but in practice I don't see it working to the full extent my nigga fishman might've hoped, assuming he's even aiming for it because, he's fishman.
I think clara is gonna end like pikamee where 90% of her audience ended up being eop's. Japs are too bitchmade that will stop commenting eventually and clara is just gonna be speaking japanese to a full english chat and I've already seen it happen on outlast. If she commits to only japanese she will filter her audience but might cripple her numbers in the process, she's bleeding japs during this filter process and who knows if they'll come back.

Whatever the outcome I hope she does well regardless even if I don't get to enjoy her hagness. FIIIISHMAN YOU CHINK FUCK!!! YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB!!!
THE ONE TIME I NEED YOU TO SAY NO TO A TALENT AND YOU SAY YES!!!!! :urtearingmeapart::urtearingmeapart::urtearingmeapart:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Wait, I don't get it, are you angry that Beryl might have a shot at reaching a wider audience in japan? Does it really matter what language chat speaks for the most part.

Top Bottom