"I have to go lick Lui-chan fast!"Oozora Subaru

Pochi Calls Out Idol Corp

Limkin

She said she's not stupid enough to take the money and flee because it'd be career suicide which is probably true plus she already completed 17 of the 26 goals she clearly had intention to finish them and told Aviel multiple times she wouldn't be leaving until she fulfilled them but I guess that comes down to if you think she's lying or not

Also she was moving to a new country she said so in her statement and was already in the process that's why she couldn't be more lax about it it's literally the whole reason she did the donothon and it wasn't in small portions he didn't give any of it and when someone requested a refund they were told no because most of the rewards were already done and that they should only have donated if they wanted to support the talent
So let me get this straight. In a year she only finished 65% of the goals, did a second donothon, and I am supposed to believe she would finish it all in just a couple of months? Why was she moving to a new country when she clearly knew she had no money to do so? There was clearly something really wrong going on before with her spendings if she ended up in this situation, because most people don't even leave their homeland city in their entire life. Sorry, but that's entirely her own fault. You say Aviel didn't give any money, except the screenshots she posted say that he did. And if "most of the goals" were already finished, what exactly prevented her from finishing them? Except the part where 65% is barely more than half, and not most of
Edit: With how much what you say contradicts what she says I am seriously starting to wonder who is this new account that only posted a couple of messages before this thread was made and suddenly became extremely active

tectalharp

So let me get this straight. In a year she only finished 65% of the goals, did a second donothon, and I am supposed to believe she would finish it all in just a couple of months? Why was she moving to a new country when she clearly knew she had no money to do so? There was clearly something really wrong going on before with her spendings if she ended up in this situation, because most people don't even leave their homeland city in their entire life. Sorry, but that's entirely her own fault. You say Aviel didn't give any money, except the screenshots she posted say that he did. And if "most of the goals" were already finished, what exactly prevented her from finishing them? Except the part where 65% is barely more than half, and not most of
Edit: With how much what you say contradicts what she says I am seriously starting to wonder who is this new account that only posted a couple of messages before this thread was made and suddenly became extremely active
First according to the Google doc keeping track of the donothon awards except for the game all of the rewards for her first donothon were on track to release Q1 or Q2 of the year so they most likely decently far along and that's idol saying it same goes for her moving stream donothon

Second I can't say why she moved but neither can you we can make assumptions but we simply don't know at the moment all we know is she was moving for some reason it ended up being expensive so she did a donothon to pay for it

Third that isn't what was said in the screenshot Pochi asked why she hadn't received her pay whoever she was talking to asked Aviel and was told since it was over 10k it was taking longer to process but it should have been sent no confirmation it actually was

Edit: I discovered this the same day I made my account and just haven't been active on it mainly lurking and using it for the recaps plus I'm sick right now and have nothing better to do

Last edited:

x Hades Stamps

Not sure when the goals were all completed, but according to the donothon tracker, it’s closer to 75%

Limkin

Not sure when the goals were all completed, but according to the donothon tracker, it’s closer to 75%
He said 17 out of 26, the doc says 16 out of 23. The second donothon is 14 out of 26. Neither is what he said. This is in large why I am questioning who he is, as his info is not the same one as official. And the goals left are also the most time consuming ones, with large amount being TBD. The remaining ones are Q1-Q2, implying it is at least Q3 if she stays on track. But she tried to bail in 2024
Third that isn't what was said in the screenshot Pochi asked why she hadn't received her pay whoever she was talking to asked Aviel and was told since it was over 10k it was taking longer to process but it should have been sent no confirmation it actually was
And she did not include a screenshot with any message after September of her asking again and getting a no, or simply getting a no at a later date? While actively trying to paint the company black? It would've been so easy to just put the screenshot saying "yeah you know you are not getting this money". If she ever received message like this, and not the "yeah we sent it to you, please make sure to check it"
So far the only reason to believe she was planning to finish it is - she said so. But all the actions she committed say she wasn't

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Kalion

:)

tectalharp

He said 17 out of 26, the doc says 16 out of 23. The second donothon is 14 out of 26. Neither is what he said. This is in large why I am questioning who he is, as his info is not the same one as official. And the goals left are also the most time consuming ones, with large amount being TBD. The remaining ones are Q1-Q2, implying it is at least Q3 if she stays on track. But she tried to bail in 2024
What??? What on the doc that's marked as complete isn't??? The Buy Retro Consoles and Retro Games one she did it just isn't marked and I'm bad at math but I can certainly count how many are marked as complete and it isn't 14 and Q1-Q2 means in Q1 or Q2 not Q3 and I don't know how much I have to repeat that she wanted to finish them before leaving but Aviel wouldn't really negotiate

And she did not include a screenshot with any message after September of her asking again and getting a no, or simply getting a no at a later date? While actively trying to paint the company black? It would've been so easy to just put the screenshot saying "yeah you know you are not getting this money". If she ever received message like this, and not the "yeah we sent it to you, please make sure to check it"
So far the only reason to believe she was planning to finish it is - she said so. But all the actions she committed say she wasn't
Yeah and my point is the screenshot she did include doesn't say what you said it did and she deleted it real fucking quick saying it was to be cautious saying there still is stuff she can't talk about which is probably why she deleted her tweets

but let's be honest this is just boiling down to I believe her (or at least think it's mostly true) and you just think she's a complete lier

Limkin

but let's be honest this is just boiling down to I believe her (or at least think it's mostly true) and you just think she's a complete lier
The first donothon has a total of 23 positions, of which 16 are marked in green, and 1 more says completed but isn't marked
The second donothon has a total of 26 positions, of which 14 are marked in green, and 1 more says completed but isn't marked
Even if you count unmarked ones the same it still doesn't line up with numbers you said first. And even your numbers (which are higher) are still incredibly low for something that was started a year ago
We have a doc that tracks the progress, and your reply to discrepancy in numbers is "she said she finished it, it's just not marked as completed". How did you come to a conclusion she finished it? Did she say it in the stream or posted progress on twitter? if so can you post a link? I am very curious if it's really a poor tracking of goals on idol's part or something else.
If she only said it, but didn't show any proof and it's not tracked as finished on the doc then it only adds to my previous post of her only saying she will finish it but not finishing it
and Q1-Q2 means in Q1 or Q2 not Q3
??? I simply talked about the ones which are TBD. If they are still "To Be Done", and the ones scheduled for Q1 and Q2 are mentioned as so, by the process of elimination the earliest timeframe to TBD entries would be Q3. Also it's a week left in march, the ones slated for Q1 have barely any time left to be delivered on schedule
Edit: I went through all entries and she has the worst progress on donothons excluding Roca lol

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Interesting that they're all explicitly referring to "internal matters" and not just saying tummy hort and letting people connect the dots. It pinpoints the specific situation, but leaves it vague as to which side they're upset with.
Definitely stood out to me that all three said the same thing. Even more curious now that two deleted the Tweet with one walking back the entire thing and deciding to stream. Though, I guess it shouldn't be too surprising that there's some stress behind the scenes after one of the talents dropped a bomb out of nowhere like that.

Maybe he should stop letting donothons happen. Someone had a theory earlier that Holo talents wanted to do donothons but cover disapproved and they allowed commissions as sort of a middle ground. If so, some manager is probably really smug right now.
I'm not entirely against donothons, but I did find it odd how often they would happen in Idol. If I remember correctly, wasn't there a talent that held a donothon not long after she debuted? There also seemed to be donothons that weren't attached to special events like a birthday or something. If they're done sparingly and for special days/events, then I think donothons can be fine, but we've also been seeing issues with them where people aren't fulfilling the goals and higher ups clearly aren't properly vetting the goals (Idol and Phase are both guilty of these).

As for Pochi's particular situation, I don't know why she needed to move in the way she did, but it seems a bit weird to me to have a donothon dedicated to raising money for a move. I don't know, maybe I'm being dumb, but like I said, I think donothons should be something for a special occasion, and having one to raise money for something specific and not related to vtubing seems weird to me.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Looks like Juna backtracked and now is going to stream

was about to go into my usual stop reading into tweets you retards spiel but even ill admit this one is weird.

more likly a case of "i don't want to today a coworker got the sack" then anything else but still.

Bronze

I'm not entirely against donothons, but I did find it odd how often they would happen in Idol.
6 donothons from last September to end of 2023 to be specific. So they did one approximately once every 2-3 weeks.

tectalharp

The first donothon has a total of 23 positions, of which 16 are marked in green, and 1 more says completed but isn't marked
The second donothon has a total of 26 positions, of which 14 are marked in green, and 1 more says completed but isn't marked
Even if you count unmarked ones the same it still doesn't line up with numbers you said first. And even your numbers (which are higher) are still incredibly low for something that was started a year ago
For the second donothon you're completely right I miscounted sorry about that but it wasn't started a year ago it was in December she only had been working on second donothon rewards for only about 2 monthes before shit went sideways
We have a doc that tracks the progress, and your reply to discrepancy in numbers is "she said she finished it, it's just not marked as completed". How did you come to a conclusion she finished it? Did she say it in the stream or posted progress on twitter? if so can you post a link? I am very curious if it's really a poor tracking of goals on idol's part or something else.
If she only said it, but didn't show any proof and it's not tracked as finished on the doc then it only adds to my previous post of her only saying she will finish it but not finishing it
This is the stretch goal for buying Retro gaming stuff

I also realized her roleplay reward was also completed but never marked off

??? I simply talked about the ones which are TBD. If they are still "To Be Done", and the ones scheduled for Q1 and Q2 are mentioned as so, by the process of elimination the earliest timeframe to TBD entries would be Q3. Also it's a week left in march, the ones slated for Q1 have barely any time left to be delivered on schedule
Edit: I went through all entries and she has the worst progress on donothons excluding Roca lol
My bad but still TBD simply means they have no idea they could've happened soon or happened at anyit's also outdated she mentioned she could have been working on them the entire time but the money situation stalled progress

x Hades Stamps

Go by text, not color

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

God's Strongest Mozumite

Gaod help me.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Good job Pochi, I'm glad that little stunt on Twitter worked out for you. You're the next Dokibird! :dokiSmug: No graduation stream either, what a nice way to treat your fans! Attempt to pump and dump them for that precious donothon money, and you don't even give them a proper goodbye? I'm glad they're getting refunds, what a menhera bitch.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Thank goodness they aren't doing some dumb mud-dragging, better for everyone that way.

e: with Fen's statement corroborating, they make a decent attempt to set themselves above the more dramatic exits

Pochi gets out with some money without needing to do the work.
Idol gets to push out a problem child without going through a Selen situation that would destroy a small corpo.
I wouldn't call it a win but they avoided the lose-lose here.

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Good job Pochi, I'm glad that little stunt on Twitter worked out for you. You're the next Dokibird! :dokiSmug:
front flip when :gloomiLaugh:
at this point in time a woman moment seems to be the only way company vtubers are graduating. :pippasquish:

Bronze

Her statement

20240324-031022.png
Archivist edit: a

Last edited by a moderator:

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Top Bottom