"Rock 'n' roll is about things that are bad for you"Nanashi Mumei

Pochi Calls Out Idol Corp

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Man, it would be awfully unfortunate if Idol were to collapse and Rin never streamed again because she's too autistically fixated on playing Splatoon or Pikmin to bother hitting the "go live" button.
Or she could just continue to stream Splatoon and Pikmin. She doesn't need Idol for that.

silentcouch

I suspect we will see some news soon enough as there may have been some meetings today. That said I do think idol girls usually have weekly meetings but given this event it likely could be related.

tectalharp

My current position is that everyone involved is retarded.
Honestly a little bit I don't know much about Aviel or idol management but imo seems like something went wrong SOMEWHERE with communication I mean the fact the shit with Riro not only happened but how they handled it shows they need to get there shit together to some extent

Hff201

Early Adopter
Honestly a little bit I don't know much about Aviel or idol management but imo seems like something went wrong SOMEWHERE with communication I mean the fact the shit with Riro not only happened but how they handled it shows they need to get there shit together to some extent
I've heard, on multiple occasions, that Idol's approach to "talent freedom" is that management will advise talents if something is a poor idea, but will allow them to continue once they're aware of the risks.

This is a terrible philosophy.

The opposite extreme of micromanaging everything they say and do is also a problem, but the reality of the situation is most of these women are not business-minded in the slightest, and may get swept up in the moment. This shouldn't be a problem since management are there for a reason, they should be able to weigh up the interests of both the talent and the company, and give a frank reality check when needed. If a donation goal can't be fulfilled in a reasonable amount of time it shouldn't have been listed in the first place - I can understand if an indie who manages everything themselves overcommits, it's very, very easily done, but there are multiple people in the corpo who could've prevented this from becoming an issue but didn't.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
I've heard, on multiple occasions, that Idol's approach to "talent freedom" is that management will advise talents if something is a poor idea, but will allow them to continue once they're aware of the risks.

The opposite extreme of micromanaging everything they say and do is also a problem, but the reality of the situation is most of these women are not business-minded in the slightest, and may get swept up in the moment. This shouldn't be a problem since management are there for a reason, they should be able to weigh up the interests of both the talent and the company, and give a frank reality check when needed. If a donation goal can't be fulfilled in a reasonable amount of time it shouldn't have been listed in the first place - I can understand if an indie who manages everything themselves overcommits, it's very, very easily done, but there are multiple people in the corpo who could've prevented this from becoming an issue but didn't.
I don't think it's a problem to have 1 expensive/long term project like a Orisong, Animated MV, New outfit, or a VN. But when you are doing all of them it's gonna be a shitshow.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't think it's a problem to have 1 expensive/long term project like a Orisong, Animated MV, New outfit, or a VN. But when you are doing all of them it's gonna be a shitshow.
More so when people directly paid for them and are thus monetarily invested...

tectalharp

Holy fuck really??? Yeah that's pretty retarded sure management needs to let talents have freedom but they also need to keep them on track and stop them from fucking up and doing dumb shit especially if you're going to be dealing with young and likely irresponsible woman who probably not only aren't business minded but just simply need actual help you know MANAGING themselves that's the whole damn point and clearly what Pochi needed and didn't properly get and now she's scared and desperate sure she probably fucked up in some way but it likely got to that point because management let it get that bad

tectalharp

Yeah management really shouldn't of let her do that I do think she had full intention of doing them even if in reality it was more than she could

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I can't believe Pochi is going to make a Jew give money back to other people.

Hff201

Early Adopter
I can't believe Pochi is going to make a Jew give money back to other people.
I can't wait to send in a refund request claiming I donated six million dollars during the donothon. He's not going to tell me it wasn't that much, is he?

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Even if some of their content isn't my thing, I don't think Idol has shitty talents. Riro seems like an outlier. Pochi just might have bitten off more than she could chew work-wise which, while bad, isn't exactly the worst thing ever. Plenty of the non-Rin girls seem to handle themselves fine.
To me this really sounds like she isn't a malicious scammer who wants to take the money and dip or whatever I think she's young and irresponsible extremely stressed and not doing well mentally and honestly??? Probably a little scared she knows she's in a bad spot right now she doesn't have the money she needs is almost certainly about to get terminated and KNOWS she fucked up and is scrambling to try and do something to help her situation her statement probably wasn't accurate and left out important details but I'm sure she genuinely does feel isolated and alone right now and is at least a bit desperate at the moment
If you did one donothon and overpromised, that's understandable, especially if the talent just came out, explained herself and apologized. But two donothons without doing all the rewards, and it looks like she's trying to not do the rewards for a third donothon? I think we're overstretching a charitable interpretation there. There comes a point where the easiest and simplest explanation is that she doesn't want to do her donothon rewards.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Holy fuck really??? Yeah that's pretty retarded sure management needs to let talents have freedom but they also need to keep them on track and stop them from fucking up and doing dumb shit especially if you're going to be dealing with young and likely irresponsible woman who probably not only aren't business minded but just simply need actual help you know MANAGING themselves that's the whole damn point and clearly what Pochi needed and didn't properly get and now she's scared and desperate sure she probably fucked up in some way but it likely got to that point because management let it get that bad

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

tectalharp

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Still 5 talents down, 2 of them rrated that they were fucking Tomer with another rrat here that Pochi could very well have been the third. Tomer must have been some kind of ultra jew
Wait, what? I haven't been following them. Idol has lost FIVE streamers?

Edit: Oh, they're all from the Hebrew branch. That makes sense.

Last edited:

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
If you did one donothon and overpromised, that's understandable, especially if the talent just came out, explained herself and apologized. But two donothons without doing all the rewards, and it looks like she's trying to not do the rewards for a third donothon? I think we're overstretching a charitable interpretation there. There comes a point where the easiest and simplest explanation is that she doesn't want to do her donothon rewards.
There's also the rrat that she had uncompleted subathon rewards from her PL. The subathon existed and she completed at least a couple goals that are posted on her twitter but I haven't found a full subathon goals list or proof of her bailing on it, given she's trying to bail on 2 donothons at the moment though...

Hff201

Early Adopter
Wait, what? I haven't been following them. Idol has lost FIVE streamers?
Lily, Emi, Neo, Riro, and soon Pochi. We obviously know about Riro but there've been rumours both Neo and Pochi have been Tomer's Discord kittens at one point or another too.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Lily, Emi, Neo, Riro, and soon Pochi. We obviously know about Riro but there've been rumours both Neo and Pochi have been Tomer's Discord kittens at one point or another too.
I can't believe there have been four people that have left all of that talent freedom and transparency.

Top Bottom