"I wanna get married at Costco! I want my wedding reception and cake from Costco!"Remilia Nephys
  • I'm streaming at 22:30 UTC/10:30 PM GMT. I'll be covering the numerous insane and demented reactions of vtubers/vtweeters to the recent political assassination attempt. If you have specific examples you want me to cover, post them here.

Riro Ron and other Staff sacked by Idol Corp for on-stream drug use and other offences

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This alone isn't enough to tarnish Idol, but it is the start of a paradigm shift for them, and their next move is what could make or break them.

Up until now Idol's entire business strategy has been to buy themselves good optics. Give the talents upfront funding and a generous revenue cut, pay clippers, pay for debut watchalongs etc., it's been easy enough to push a clean image in front of a significant portion of the community. Even the one minor drama I remember from before this (them taking forever to pay an artist they'd commissioned) was dealt with by giving the artist a bonus iirc.

The Riro termination notice has put an end to this image, and regardless of how we on the forum may feel about the content of the announcement post there are a lot of people who feel listing her crimes was in poor taste - and that's the kind of backlash you can't buy your way out of, because the sentiment's already out there and you can't put that genie back in the bottle. Everything they do going forward is going to be much more harshly scrutinised, and I feel it's going to get the ball rolling on the general public having a much more cynical interpretation of the company's financial "generosity".

In hindsight the announcement post giving clear details about Riro's misconduct feels out of character for Idol, and I think the only reason they went public rather than giving a generic breach of contract statement was because the staff member being involved put them between a rock and a hard place. Someone would have found out about their affair anyway because of course they would, it's the internet, and if the only acknowledgement from the company was a vague talent suspension and a manager quietly leaving then it could very easily be framed as them covering up a grooming incident even if that's wildly untrue, there's no way that kind of thing would be spun charitably. Volunteering this much information themselves might come off as unprofessional in the moment, but drawing attention to the other ways that Riro stepped out of line makes it harder for her/her fans/random shitstirrers etc. to frame her as a completely innocent party being abused by a corporation, it's a much more balanced image making the company's wrongdoing (being oblivious to a member of staff participating in an inappropriate relationship) the lesser of two crimes.
Pretty much this, no company is without drama, not in this industry. Idol has sailed smoothly on the simple tactic of "throw money at it" but there are some things you can't just fix with cold hard cash. Idol, Phase and others have it pretty easy, they're small and the underdogs of the industry, people are always going to be less critical of smaller entities and they don't have as many eyes on them yet, also who doesn't love an underdog. But it is an inevitability that these smaller corpos will have to go through fire to get on the level of the big two, that transition could drastically change them or destroy their public perception if handled incorrectly, only time will tell.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
God help Aviel if any of Katta's members are black.
Come on, she might be a filthy league playing nepo hire, but Yuko Yurei is the designated BBC containment girl for idol!

Also agreed with what others are saying about the drama being the main fallout. I don't see Jewbacorp imploding as long as there are shekels to be made, but this might steer some talent away from them for a bit, especially if Riro ends up keeping the story fresh in the minds of click hungry drama tubers. As for Riro, hey vshojo is always looking for girls who can sing :smugpipi:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Pretty much this, no company is without drama, not in this industry. Idol has sailed smoothly on the simple tactic of "throw money at it" but there are some things you can't just fix with cold hard cash. Idol, Phase and others have it pretty easy, they're small and the underdogs of the industry, people are always going to be less critical of smaller entities and they don't have as many eyes on them yet, also who doesn't love an underdog. But it is an inevitability that these smaller corpos will have to go through fire to get on the level of the big two, that transition could drastically change them or destroy their public perception if handled incorrectly, only time will tell.
Yeah if Holo/Niji accused one of their members of doing drugs they would receive dozens of Yamanbass saying that they did them dirty or something like that

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Last edited:

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Oh God damnit

Holocaust jokes are still pretty rare for me to see

I get it now
You really are too pure for this forum sometimes.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
You really are too pure for this forum sometimes.
There is a reason Airi is my Oshi

Chat reflects Streamer

Tho that said Airi is leagues more pure than I

Last edited:

Panko Enjoyer

There is a reason Airi is my Oshi

Chat reflects Streamer

Tho that said Airi is leagues more pure than I
I've seen your video thumbnails.
:koboharam:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!

braindoko

as spanish speakers say
"se vienen cositas"
1701529453341.png

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Top Bottom