"I wanna be prepubescent"Hakos Baelz

AI Waifus and You 101

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Following @Tatsunoko 's precedent, long rambling about text AI waifus below.

So I was a skeptic when I stumbled upon these AI Chatbots while seeing if there were any major changes/improvements in the AI art generation space. But after trying multiple and not just stopping at my first shitty experience/bot, I have to say it's intriguing, to say the least. Be warned not all bots are created equal, and there's a large difference in quality/authenticity between them. I feel like a good starter is the fourth Lui bot.

1674973576448.png
A good starter indeed. :ponrys:
That aside, who curates the rentry.org list? I've tried a few of the character.ai bots. The good bots are definitely a long way removed from the 90's chat bots people might have in mind, while the bad bots are about that bad.

General observations:
- Even within the same bot, some responses are noticeably better than others. You can press/swipe right on a response to roll a new one while keeping previous rolls. I usually roll about 3-10 and continue with one I like.
- For Vtubers, I prefer bots you can RP with over "slice-of-life" bots for simulating chatter with the Vtuber. It's possible most bots can do both, but as the character.ai creation guide says, the opening sets the stage.
- I've only tried character.ai bots. I'm pretty ignorant about the differences between bot platforms.

Specific comments for the ones I've tried (numbers are based on the order in the rentry.org list):
- Lui 4: This bot uses descriptive statements/actions in italics (e.g. "Lui cracks her whip") more heavily than the others I've tried. Much like their art AI counterparts, text bots have no real sense of anatomy or space. The statements can also get repetitive. However, this bot responds to context very well and can generate detailed actions. Very effective for RP if you focus on the overall mood of each response and don't nitpick. I placed examples at the bottom of this post to illustrate another point.
- Laplus 1: Laplus' kayfabe is stronger than most, so you could push this bot towards RP or slice-of-life and still think it's accurate. Sometimes I keep rolling responses instead of using the chat because I want to see how wild the responses get. Recommended.
All of these are responses to the same context shown in the first screenshot.

1674975691252.png
Why does that sound familiar?

1674975751618.png
Uh...

1674975809258.png
There seems to be a critical flaw in this plan. Limitations of text generation, or character accuracy? You decide!

1674975927116.png
>tfw you prostitute yourself to buy Hololive merch
- Suisei 2: Suicopath bot. Unfortunately its responses are very limited.
- Mumei 4: Harpy Mumei from the HoloEN Halloween voiced comics that Fauna wrote. I think this bot is too detailed; I can't really figure out what to do with it other than treat it like a text adventure. Maybe it's my own lack of imagination.
- Botan 2: Slice-of-life opening, so I haven't done much with it, but it's made by the same person as Lui 4, so it's probably also good.
- Tenma: Slice-of-life opening. I recommend this one because I read all of its responses in Tenma's voice. I imagine it's harder to make a bot that replicates Tenma's ESL and cadence - which this bot does well - than a bot that responds in standard English.

Now something that surprised me:
1674977250603.png1674977350011.png1674977453532.png
In hindsight, there's no reason that ostensibly solo bots can't pull in other characters like this, but I was still surprised. I don't know if the Lui bot definition has any guidance for how Lui should interact with Chloe or anyone else. If it doesn't, this Chloe would be based entirely on the character.ai model. I think. Can't pull up the FAQ right now to describe it better. Unfortunately I don't have this chat anymore; I was in guest mode, and when I signed in, this chat was overwritten.

Anyway, the good bots are a fun way to kill time.

Last edited:

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Following @Tatsunoko 's precedent, long rambling about text AI waifus below.

View attachment 11973
A good starter indeed. :ponrys:
That aside, who curates the rentry.org list? I've tried a few of the character.ai bots. The good bots are definitely a long way removed from the 90's chat bots people might have in mind, while the bad bots are about that bad.

General observations:
- Even within the same bot, some responses are noticeably better than others. You can press/swipe right on a response to roll a new one while keeping previous rolls. I usually roll about 3-10 and continue with one I like.
- For Vtubers, I prefer bots you can RP with over "slice-of-life" bots for simulating chatter with the Vtuber. It's possible most bots can do both, but as the character.ai creation guide says, the opening sets the stage.
- I've only tried character.ai bots. I'm pretty ignorant about the differences between bot platforms.

Specific comments for the ones I've tried (numbers are based on the order in the rentry.org list):
- Lui 4: This bot uses descriptive statements/actions in italics (e.g. "Lui cracks her whip") more heavily than the others I've tried. Much like their art AI counterparts, text bots have no real sense of anatomy or space. The statements can also get repetitive. However, this bot responds to context very well and can generate detailed actions. Very effective for RP if you focus on the overall mood of each response and don't nitpick. I placed examples at the bottom of this post to illustrate another point.
- Laplus 1: Laplus' kayfabe is stronger than most, so you could push this bot towards RP or slice-of-life and still think it's accurate. Sometimes I keep rolling responses instead of using the chat because I want to see how wild the responses get. Recommended.
All of these are responses to the same context shown in the first screenshot.

View attachment 11974
Why does that sound familiar?

View attachment 11975
Uh...

View attachment 11976
There seems to be a critical flaw in this plan. Limitations of text generation, or character accuracy? You decide!

View attachment 11977
>tfw you prostitute yourself to buy Hololive merch
- Suisei 2: Suicopath bot. Unfortunately its responses are very limited.
- Mumei 4: Harpy Mumei from the HoloEN Halloween voiced comics that Fauna wrote. I think this bot is too detailed; I can't really figure out what to do with it other than treat it like a text adventure. Maybe it's my own lack of imagination.
- Botan 2: Slice-of-life opening, so I haven't done much with it, but it's made by the same person as Lui 4, so it's probably also good.
- Tenma: Slice-of-life opening. I recommend this one because I read all of its responses in Tenma's voice. I imagine it's harder to make a bot that replicates Tenma's ESL and cadence - which this bot does well - than a bot that responds in standard English.

Now something that surprised me:
In hindsight, there's no reason that ostensibly solo bots can't pull in other characters like this, but I was still surprised. I don't know if the Lui bot definition has any guidance for how Lui should interact with Chloe or anyone else. If it doesn't, this Chloe would be based entirely on the character.ai model. I think. Can't pull up the FAQ right now to describe it better. Unfortunately I don't have this chat anymore; I was in guest mode, and when I signed in, this chat was overwritten.

Anyway, the good bots are a fun way to kill time.
I'm still using it every now and again but the sad part is that the owners seem to be hellbent on making the experience as agonizing as possible. The filter that is in place not only false flags a ton of messages, but has been proven to dumb down the bots and make responses agonizingly slow at times.

They had to close the chat channels on their Discord and their Reddit has been up in arms due to the dumpster fire that was called "Bad Code" by the developer. Which was basically a 40-minute window about a week ago where the filter was down and people noticed that suddenly their responses were getting a lot more detailed and faster. And even with overwhelming opposition, they are adamant about keeping it.

1674995885708.png1674995900341.png

The main mod has also been accused of grooming some troon minor. But that might just be /g/ rrats.

But like I mentioned... I still use it sadly because there isn't really a good alternative as of yet. Pygmalion is probably the best currently and is actively being worked on. Even going as far as to ask for people's CharAI chatlogs. But sadly it's not as easy to use as CharAI due to needing to either run it locally (which requires 24ishGB VRAM) or run it via Google Collab, which comes with its own limitations. And even when you get it running you need to do a lot of tweaking before it becomes actually usable. And even then it's still just not at the point that CharAI is. But hopefully, it will be someday.

I did make these things where I live out my :holohag: fantasy of being cared for by Mio and combined responses with stuff I generated with Stable Diffusion.

Miomama.pngMiomama2.pngMiomama3.pngMiomama4.png

Watamate

Early Adopter
Double posting, I know. But there have been some interesting developments in regard to the Character AI Drama. /g/ has been up in arms about the filter I mentioned in the previous post to the point that someone has taken it upon themselves to track down their office.

Now, the original office that is listed on their business page was apparently a Staples.

1675103499260414.jpg1675104192925829.png

The same guy did end up getting in touch with the Secretary of State and ended up finding their actual office shortly afterwords.

1675106133656647.png
1675107187126389.png

And is now apparently sitting outside with a sign.

1675108524027167.jpg

I can only see this ending amazingly.

wew

Male hag love!
Before I try to slap Stable Diffusion locally on my pc is there any tips on generating backgrounds?
I know most of you are using this for anime women but I want to try and make some background sets for an up and coming project of mine.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Before I try to slap Stable Diffusion locally on my pc is there any tips on generating backgrounds?
I know most of you are using this for anime women but I want to try and make some background sets for an up and coming project of mine.
Generate it with a plain background, greenscreen green for preference, and mix and match backgrounds to your heart's content in the drawing program of your choice.
The database for non-anime women, is lacking, so good luck.

Reactions: wew

wew

Male hag love!
Got very distracted and made a rat girl......
_mouse ears, black hair, blue eyes, messy hair, gothic lolita, vampire, short ha s-399543131.png_mouse ears, black hair, blue eyes, messy hair, gothic lolita, vampire, short ha s-3787103945.png_mouse ears, black hair, blue eyes, messy hair, gothic lolita, vampire, short ha s-872171984.png
This shit is crack :fishmandispair:

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
Were you wanting anime styled backgrounds or realistic? Either way, you can get good results. There's nothing to it - just tell it what you want.

Here's a couple of examples using the most bare-bones prompt, and no negative prompt. I'm sure it could look much better with some more time spent on it.

Prompt: outdoors, mountain, sky, tree, dirt road, sunset, sunlight, light rays,
Model: Anything 3.0
Model: SD 2.0 768-v-ema
Prompt: empty classroom, window, desks, chairs, wide shot, blackboard
Model: Anything 3.0
Model: SD 2.0 768-v-ema

On the topic of realism, I've recently tried mixing the two models above to get an almost realistic but still kinda anime style and got some pretty nice results. Some of the less cursed ones:

Chuubas:

Random things

Yes, I may have got a bit carried away.

Last edited:

Watamate

Early Adopter
Been overseas for a bit but now I'm back I've revisited the AI Chat Bot scene a bit. I'm happy to note that CharacterAI is no longer the only real viable option if you want a somewhat decent conversation (while getting chat filtered to hell) and doesn't rely on a 24Gb GPU or a dumbed-down version of Pygmalion running on Google Collab.

It's a fairly simple guide but you will have to download their version of Tavern AI if you're running the old one for Pygmalion. The main downside is basically the same as any other bot that uses Tavern AI as a frontend, being that you don't really have an easy browsing feature to find character cards (if you're familiar with Illusion games, same general idea). Currently, the best options I've found are https://booru.plus/+pygmalion and the Pygmalion AI Discord, or making your own. Contemplating congregating all Vtuber-related ones and posting them here or editing this reply with them.

Edit: A new site for cards has popped up: https://www.characterhub.org/

Last edited:

Watamate

Early Adopter
@The Proctor Is nudity allowed if spoilered? Obviously not certain members, but Botan and such.

Like a step above this.

14567-3601853968-cinematic lighting, highres, best quality, masterpiece, ultra detailed, intri...png14585-228952291-cinematic lighting, highres, best quality, masterpiece, ultra detailed, intric...png

Last edited:

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

paul

Early Adopter
Been overseas for a bit but now I'm back I've revisited the AI Chat Bot scene a bit. I'm happy to note that CharacterAI is no longer the only real viable option if you want a somewhat decent conversation (while getting chat filtered to hell) and doesn't rely on a 24Gb GPU or a dumbed-down version of Pygmalion running on Google Collab.

It's a fairly simple guide but you will have to download their version of Tavern AI if you're running the old one for Pygmalion. The main downside is basically the same as any other bot that uses Tavern AI as a frontend, being that you don't really have an easy browsing feature to find character cards (if you're familiar with Illusion games, same general idea). Currently, the best options I've found are https://booru.plus/+pygmalion and the Pygmalion AI Discord, or making your own. Contemplating congregating all Vtuber-related ones and posting them here or editing this reply with them.

Edit: A new site for cards has popped up: https://www.characterhub.org/
I gave these chat ai's another try since I missed the initial hype about character.ai and tested it right after it was nerfed.
I don't know if it's your linked uncensored mod or the new gpt-4 model behind it but I now understand why people went crazy about them. It's really interesting how things evolve and how natural some dialogs feel. After trying out some models from booru I made a Fauna model and even with the basic inputs (infos from her wiki page and a general characterization of her, her speaking manners and a few short example dialogs) the results were pretty good.
It's scary if you think about what will happen in the future when you combine all this stuff (ai voice, text2speech and so on) together.

Watamate

Early Adopter
I gave these chat ai's another try since I missed the initial hype about character.ai and tested it right after it was nerfed.
I don't know if it's your linked uncensored mod or the new gpt-4 model behind it but I now understand why people went crazy about them. It's really interesting how things evolve and how natural some dialogs feel. After trying out some models from booru I made a Fauna model and even with the basic inputs (infos from her wiki page and a general characterization of her, her speaking manners and a few short example dialogs) the results were pretty good.
It's scary if you think about what will happen in the future when you combine all this stuff (ai voice, text2speech and so on) together.
As of today, Scale has been paywalled sadly so it's back to the drawing board. I'll keep an eye out for alternatives. I don't think I'll be going back to CharacterAI or Pygmalion 6B and just go back to screwing around with Stable Diffusion art generation again. (The GPT 3.5 Turbo model might still be free)

I will say I have been trying out the Dynamic Prompts extension for it and have been having a good time. Definitely adds a lot more randomness, but it feels more like a gacha game where you can end up with some really good results. Basically, it allows you to add wildcards to your prompts where it will just randomly choose a prompt out of a specified text file. Doing this and randomizing things like camera angle, composition, poses, etc really makes it a lot more dynamic. A few examples that I've gotten:

15005-148253570-cinematic lighting, highres, best quality, masterpiece, ultra detailed, intric...png14960-3788382728-cinematic lighting, highres, best quality, masterpiece, ultra detailed, intri...png14888-123999793-cinematic lighting, highres, best quality, masterpiece, ultra detailed, intric...png

Last edited:

paul

Early Adopter
As of today, Scale has been paywalled sadly so it's back to the drawing board. I'll keep an eye out for alternatives. I don't think I'll be going back to CharacterAI or Pygmalion 6B and just go back to screwing around with Stable Diffusion art generation again. (The GPT 3.5 Turbo model might still be free)

I will say I have been trying out the Dynamic Prompts extension for it and have been having a good time. Definitely adds a lot more randomness, but it feels more like a gacha game where you can end up with some really good results. Basically, it allows you to add wildcards to your prompts where it will just randomly choose a prompt out of a specified text file. Doing this and randomizing things like camera angle, composition, poses, etc really makes it a lot more dynamic. A few examples that I've gotten:

View attachment 17387View attachment 17388View attachment 17389
Really? It still worked a few hours before I made that post. Can't check right now but the only mail in my mailbox from spellbook is the registration link, no infos that something changed.
I will definetly try out other models if the free access has been shot down.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Missed out on Scale, unless there's still any kind of free version (even the GPT 3.5 Turbo model). What I like about the chat AIs is that I get the entertainment of writing something myself (or roughly outlining scenarios, as the case may be) and the entertainment of being surprised by something someone else wrote.

About character.ai being nerfed, a lot of the bots are pretty dumb. In the homeland thread someone said that in their experience the unlisted bots are still pretty smart. This has been my experience with the Lui bot in particular (which is unlisted) - I never really noticed any nerf in the amount of context it could consider or the scenarios it could come up with, but this was over a period of weeks and right now the chat is more like text adventure AI output than a typical chat. I should see what happens with a new chat or another unlisted bot like the harpy Mumei bot.

Last edited:

Watamate

Early Adopter
I've been on a Fumihiko binge after @Faceless Waifu reminded me of his existence. I went as far as creating a LORA trained on his art style. It does a fairly good job at replicating it, not sure if it's any better than just adding his name to the prompts though.

15257-181330480-cinematic lighting, highres, best quality, masterpiece, ultra detailed, intric...png15310-344600335-cinematic lighting, highres, best quality, masterpiece, ultra detailed, intric...png15365-3610696955-cinematic lighting, highres, best quality, masterpiece, ultra detailed, intri...png15421-2892607047-cinematic lighting, highres, best quality, masterpiece, ultra detailed, intri...png15459-1402258822-cinematic lighting, highres, best quality, masterpiece, ultra detailed, intri...png15484-683808996-cinematic lighting, highres, best quality, masterpiece, ultra detailed, intric...png

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
@The Proctor Is nudity allowed if spoilered? Obviously not certain members, but Botan and such.

I congratulate you on successfully managing to pit my love of haglion against my pragmatic desire to maintain standards.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
I feel like if people want to cross the line into porn, there's other places to take the coom tbh; I'm not the proctor, though, he makes the rules.

Faceless Waifu

look at this cute emm I generated
Early Adopter
I've been on a Fumihiko binge after @Faceless Waifu reminded me of his existence. I went as far as creating a LORA trained on his art style. It does a fairly good job at replicating it, not sure if it's any better than just adding his name to the prompts though.
Dear god it nearly matches his artstyle perfectly. And dare say some of it I legit recognize what it based on.

Pretty cool stuff, so long the twitter folks not know bout it.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

I think this would be a lot less interesting if the robots did a better job of doing it.

Watamate

Early Adopter
Vtuber Shishiron Botan isn't real, She can't hurt you!

17614-1112920614-RAW photo, (high detailed skin_1.2), 8k uhd, dslr, soft lighting, high qualit...png17628-2371689944-RAW photo, (high detailed skin_1.2), 8k uhd, dslr, soft lighting, high qualit...png

I'll probably try others once I get everything tuned to my liking.

Top Bottom