"'You people'? What is she, ratphobic?"Hakos Baelz

Connect the World: Hololive English 1st Concert

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I don't need a full announcement, it probably isn't the best or appropriate time to take any attention away from the EN girls performing. But Yagoo would be a g and just flash three fingers at the camera as a hint... and then it turns out to be Holostars EN3 and the entire world drowns in salt lol
Teaser was exactly what I wanted it to be. Basically a whole lot of nothing, so it didn't take away from the concert.

I know people are focusing on all the fat niggas bit it's me and there are already way more girls in the crowd compared to the jp concert ? I feel the FEs crowds are a complete sausage fest usually
There were actually a good amount of girls there, and not just with their boyfriends. I was surprised. Would love to know who they were there for.

I am almost certain the whole thing was pre-recorded. I guess you could argue there was streaming delay for the awkward calls to simmer down, but seems doubtful, especially considering Calli has been in LA at least since Friday.

The only thing I felt was missing about the concert is I wish there were unit songs included. Otherwise, the quality of the screens were crisp AF. They looked leagues better than the HoloFes screens, at least from what I could tell in the streams for 4th Fes. The only awkward thing was the two big screens were like half a second delayed from the music and center stage. Given 4th fes had the same issue, iirc, wonder why they do that.

Edit: oh, and IRyS 3D was leagues better than it was in 4th fes. Looked perfect, imo.

Last edited:

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
If it is a vsinger, any likely candidates? The only recent graduations that fit the bill is Beryl.. Am I missing anyone?

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Huh. Well, there is still a vast difference between the segments I mentioned. Maybe it's just that some were recorded live while the others were clipped from multiple takes and spliced together? Like why would they keep IRyS's confused pen light instructions (besides the fact that it was cute) when they could just do a re-take? No reason unless it was recorded live and they just roll with any mistakes.

Milk Mage

is healthy boy sauce for you
Phone died midway through Ame's performance. Now that I'm back home here are a few of my thoughts about the concert:
GURALOVEAMELOVEINALOVECALLILOVEWAWALOVEIRYSLOVEFAUNALOVEBAELOVEKRONIILOVEMUMEILOVESORALOVESUISEILOVEMARINELOVERISULOVEMOONALOVEREINELOVEACHANLOVEENLOVEJPLOVEIDLOVEHOLOLOVEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
__kureiji_ollie_hololive_and_1_more_drawn_by_lutherniel__sample-395c0caccebe85ec7d11afd2ca89e1f9.jpg

I liked it.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
She lacks the POWER with Suisei's vocals, but she's trying her best
Ina and Mumei singing the songs they chose were definitely incredibly hype and emotional. I don't think anyone expected those songs from them. Suisei's singing is incredibly hard to live up to, just go look at some "Requiem" covers, there is like one good one and the rest are mediocre. I'd say Ina did an outstanding job.

mismatch

The only awkward thing was the two big screens were like half a second delayed from the music and center stage. Given 4th fes had the same issue, iirc, wonder why they do that.
Were the big screens the ones showing the AR camera shots / zooms? If so, the delay might probably be for the camera position info to round trip to the Japan studio to
produce those shots from live 3d data.
Huh. Well, there is still a vast difference between the segments I mentioned. Maybe it's just that some were recorded live while the others were clipped from multiple takes and spliced together? Like why would they keep IRyS's confused pen light instructions (besides the fact that it was cute) when they could just do a re-take?
I think you are exactly right. Kiara / Calli were in japan together as recently as a few days ago, and probably recorded their segments live together in the studio. Same for Bae and Irys. Whereas i don't think all of the SNOT members were in japan at the same time at all, so they probably had to splice those together from separate takes. Probably the same for all the large unit MCs. Also the IRyS pen light stuff is extremely IRyS and she probably adlibbed that and they smartly decided to keep it in.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Were the big screens the ones showing the AR camera shots / zooms? If so, the delay might probably be for the camera position info to round trip to the Japan studio to
produce those shots from live 3d data.
They were, yeah. That explanation makes sense. One thing I was curious about: how much if the audience did they show? The two big screens rarely showed them, I felt like. I thought those would end up being the direct streaming parts.

mismatch

They were, yeah. That explanation makes sense, yeah.
On the stream, they just cut to those shots instead of having them on a different screen, so you wouldn't notice any delay. Also the whole thing was probably streaming to SPWN from the Japan studio so they wouldn't have differential delay to begin with. I really wanna go to one of these lives in person so I can see how they handle that.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Imagine if they ended the concert a song where there's a spot open in the middle and then Sana appeared halfway through the song.
I always said that they would kill it if they did something like that. Imagine just have Coco show up in one of their concerts. Even if its only just to say some nice words or introduce 4th gen's performance. People would lose their collective shit. Just for nostalgia's sake.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
They were, yeah. That explanation makes sense. One thing I was curious about: how much if the audience did they show? The two big screens rarely showed them, I felt like. I thought those would end up being the direct streaming parts.
I think there were quite a few audience shots. And honestly I think Bae's performance had the worst camera work (or maybe that's just where you notice it because you try to focus on her dancing and it's cutting in between audience shots and hyper-close-ups where you can't see anything).

And regarding IRyS's frilly underwear that I mentioned, they might have modelled it accurately to her design sheet:
1688368970452.png
I forget if this was 1.0 or 2.0, but regardless that's pretty much how it looked. Edit: Yes it's 2.0, updated my spoiler with the full image, but I am referring specifically to the petticoat as being part of her official 3d model.
VoD still not up yet.
Edit: One of the very few things 4ch is good for; bonkable stuff:

View attachment 1688353446158986.webm
Edit 2: OOOOHHH-WEEE. The IRyS thread on 4ch is posting more clips and higher quality images. I'll spare you the details, but it's more of the same. :irysthumbsupl::inahungryl:

Attachments

• 1688365482495.png
    1688365482495.png
    559.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

stassy

Huh. Well, there is still a vast difference between the segments I mentioned. Maybe it's just that some were recorded live while the others were clipped from multiple takes and spliced together? Like why would they keep IRyS's confused pen light instructions (besides the fact that it was cute) when they could just do a re-take? No reason unless it was recorded live and they just roll with any mistakes.
Even if it was studio recorded, from the zatsu and the clips it seems to be that the super studio is so booked that everybody has only one take and go next, Azki had to do a one shot AND live for example.

Edit: Also Aqua did saw the EN team rush the studio and didn't have time for chatter

Last edited:

mismatch

I think there were quite a few audience shots. And honestly I think Bae's performance had the worst camera work (or maybe that's just where you notice it because you try to focus on her dancing and it's cutting in between audience shots and hyper-close-ups where you can't see anything).
Agreed. The same thing happened at the Fes. Bae's dancing is so good they should just find a good full body shot and then never break it.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I always said that they would kill it if they did something like that. Imagine just have Coco show up in one of their concerts. Even if its only just to say some nice words or introduce 4th gen's performance. People would lose their collective shit. Just for nostalgia's sake.
As cool as that would be, I doubt Cover wants anything to do with Kson at this point and I don't see Sana ever accepting a cameo at any point. Namie seems very content with her current life.

They desperately need to release a version of this and 4th Fes where it is just the main stage the whole time.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
The teaser is obviously for Omega's streaming debut.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
That would really only stir up a bunch of unnecessary drama and would only really work with Sana since she's the only one who's graduated without baggage. Even then, sorry to say but Sana wasn't that popular and it would really only serve to fanservice people who liked/cared about her.
As cool as that would be, I doubt Cover wants anything to do with Kson at this point and I don't see Sana ever accepting a cameo at any point. Namie seems very content with her current life.

They desperately need to release a version of this and 4th Fes where it is just the main stage the whole time.
This. Kson has become radioactive and tarnished much of the goodwill she had when she left. Quite depressing to go from "The legendary dragon of Hololive" who bridged communities, brought about the boom and tore down barriers to "Squeaky voiced has-been who steals recruits talent for vshojo " who nobody really talks about anymore, who vagueposts over industry drama on her twitter and which collabs with twitch whores, the wigger and other normies.

VTuberBobDole

Bae's post-concert chat starting. I think she is the first one who is getting to talk after.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Even then, sorry to say but Sana wasn't that popular and it would really only serve to fanservice people who liked/cared about her.
Nah, honestly the graduation month collab-fest got a lot of people to watch and appreciate her who probably always skipped her before. I'm willing to bet she gained more new fans in that 1 month than she did in any other time period of any length (besides debut).

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Bae's post-concert chat starting. I think she is the first one who is getting to talk after.

Wonder many they'll have. I know there can be up to 9.

mismatch

Concert is uploaded:

mismatch

Bae saying that her Psycho choreo was too crazy and that she's never doing anything like that again. Cameraman apparently really dropped the ball even more than we knew.

Top Bottom