"Do you think my laughing is real?"Takane Lui

Debate @famous artist pipkun about Nijisanji (Pipkun Retard War)

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter

A bit irrelevant to the debate but anon is discussing this.
Stolen from Parrot Cord.
we're talking about it in Gaycord. Anon is working off the premise Selen is an employee, but she isn't. she's a contractor. so none of the pida pipda stuff applies.
Theres no reason for niji to get a canadian TIN because shes not on the payroll. I thought you could use the goods and services to say they need one but im pretty sure the customer becomes an importer when they buy jap merch. so theres nothing connecting canada and niji yet.

overcoming the contractor hurdle is hard. and so anon's review is poorly thought out and falls apart.

whats funny is that if Selen wins whatever case she brings because the courts say shes a bonafide employee and not a contravtor then jp vtuber corps lose their contractor protections. would facilitate the end of en brances unless the talents want to move to japan. final yab territory.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
The post: Even unpaid volunteers are considered as employees for the purposes of PIPA

Pipkun: Doesn't count because she's not on payroll, she's a contractor not employee

Tubedude

Pipkun was right about no signed legal agreement, although according to Doki's most recent tweet the document had been sent just before the termination notice since they had not heard anything for a week. So if Doki is telling the truth the document wasn't sent to pursue a lawsuit, and her tweet makes no mention of wanting to pursue one.

famous artist pipkun

The post: Even unpaid volunteers are considered as employees for the purposes of PIPA

Pipkun: Doesn't count because she's not on payroll, she's a contractor not employee
a contractor isnt a unpaid volunteer or an intern.

in the end i was right that none of that shit mattered and all i did was read the tweets and ate hot chip.

famous artist pipkun

@thhrang Lock the thread
because its a Total Harine Victory

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
No, no, let's keep it open, Kurosanji is still burning, there might be more occasions to be an edgy contrarian down the way. :nolancries::crushsobs:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
>When the circle jerking and dogpiling need separate threads :Vesper-UNHINGED:

famous artist pipkun

No, no, let's keep it open, Kurosanji is still burning, there might be more occasions to be an edgy contrarian down the way. :nolancries::crushsobs:
calling me a contrarian is one helluva way to cope with me being right on everything but niji being run by competant staff.

YugiBro

Casting Yamanba Magic
Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Can someone derail this into a completely different argument now? I think a fifth thread would be cool.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
calling me a contrarian is one helluva way to cope with me being right on everything but niji being run by competant staff.
I don't know about 'everything', but you were correct about NDA. This isn't mutually exclusive with you being a contrarian. And it's definitely not mutually exclusive with me calling you an irritating subhuman, which is what I use this thread for. :jellySlurs:

Last edited:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
@famous artist pipkun legal shit that you asked
Hello. I made this as a little thing for myself because while I was reading a long screenshot about the legal situation of Doki with Phoenix Wright's face on it, I was playing around with AA music in my head, and I figured I could share it around.
Hopefully this provides some interesting entertainment. It ain't perfect, but it was something to do.

Last edited:

famous artist pipkun

@famous artist pipkun legal shit that you asked

le siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh
we're talking about it in Gaycord. Anon is working off the premise Selen is an employee, but she isn't. she's a contractor. so none of the pida pipda stuff applies.
Theres no reason for niji to get a canadian TIN because shes not on the payroll. I thought you could use the goods and services to say they need one but im pretty sure the customer becomes an importer when they buy jap merch. so theres nothing connecting canada and niji yet.

overcoming the contractor hurdle is hard. and so anon's review is poorly thought out and falls apart.

whats funny is that if Selen wins whatever case she brings because the courts say shes a bonafide employee and not a contravtor then jp vtuber corps lose their contractor protections. would facilitate the end of en brances unless the talents want to move to japan. final yab territory.
tl;dr anons wrong

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Yup, and from what i glanced about canadian laws she would easily qualify as employee. (but people who work less than one year might not)
End of all EN branches - big stretch, it might be cheaper for them to comply than lose talents. Also talents can move to other countries, not just JP.
Though even without being employee, there are few other potential yabs that can get tardsanji booted from canada.

Last edited:

famous artist pipkun

Yup, and from what i glanced about canadian laws she would easily qualify as employee. (but people who work less than one year might not)
so explain why you think they pass CRA's 4 point test for the employee designation

End of all EN branches - big stretch, it might be cheaper for them to comply than lose talents. Also talents can move to other countries, not just JP.
Though even without being employee, there are few other potential yabs that can get tardsanji booted from canada.
comply how? incorporate in every country their vtubers live?

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
so explain why you think they pass CRA's 4 point test for the employee designation
This is not "all of", even with one matching criteria she can be considiered employee. Starting with first - exclusivity.
comply how? incorporate in every country their vtubers live?
This is not required. They can just pay taxes, maybe trough shell company. There are many ways to get clean-ish.

That aside, i wonder what would terms qualify as predatory contract in canada?

famous artist pipkun

This is not "all of", even with one matching criteria she can be considiered employee. Starting with first - exclusivity.
We're both wrong: Beach Place Ventures Ltd. v. Employment Standards Tribunal, 2022 BCCA 147

e: Article with BC and Cannuck SC case law
BC court says there is no singular test, the courts look at the facts in context of the job.

as it stands Anycolor doesn't do business in Canada according to the tax law anon mentioned.
This is not required. They can just pay taxes, maybe trough shell company.
so they incorporate in the country where the talent lives. and with incorporation comes the various healthcare, Worker comp, unemployment,and business insurances, along with a registered agent and other associated costs. on top of the federal and state income tax, etc.

Last edited:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Wait, I thought all the shit Pipkun was tweeting about Nijisanji was some sort of bait!

Top Bottom