"I am youa mazzaa"Pochi

DEV_IS Discussion/Debut Thread

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Europe branch or vsingers like KAF is my guess.
Hey dumbfuck, its obviously a Japanese branch

Relevant passage - new music artist VTuber group "ReGLOSS" under the umbrella of "Hololive Production"

MeteorImpact

In somewhat related news:
Multi-million dollar corporation strong-arms multiple single 2-view indies out of their art tag.

EDIT: I'm stupid and can't read dates.
Or am I?

Last edited:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Somebody just pointed something out in /vt/ that I hadn't even realized, all of these designs are just normal girls... Like DAMN that sounds weird to say but Holo designs usually tend to be some fantasy shit or have some flair to stand out from "girl", but all of these are just regular bitches in matching outfits and it's kinda amusing ngl, maybe that's also why their names are so normal.

If you compare it to gen 6 where we have a time demon loli who's chained up to contain her chuuni power, a mad scientist coyote kemono, a lady with bird wings in her hair, an orca woman assassin and a wannabe samurai country girl, all of whom are part of an evil organization plotting to take over the world.

Faceless Waifu

look at this cute emm I generated
Early Adopter
Somebody just pointed something out in /vt/ that I hadn't even realized, all of these designs are just normal girls... Like DAMN that sounds weird to say but Holo designs usually tend to be some fantasy shit or have some flair to stand out from "girl", but all of these are just regular bitches in matching outfits and it's kinda amusing ngl, maybe that's also why their names are so normal.
It's nice to have some normalcy after all the fantasy. And probably COVER knew that people has been rather tired with lore anyway, so might as well tone it down a bit.

God's Strongest Dragoon

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

INNK was a project, but I'm 90% sure it was some collaboration between Holo and another nip corpo, though I'm unsure if it was Activ8 or Entum and cannot find a source though I'm sure I read that somewhere.
It was some co-owned company under Activ8 with Cover, wasn't it?

Azki was part of upd8 under Activ8, which complicated a lot of matters. I can't find the Information about Innk that I ran across in the past, but it was a lot more complicated than just a label under hololive.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It was some co-owned company under Activ8 with Cover, wasn't it?

Azki was part of upd8 under Activ8, which complicated a lot of matters. I can't find the Information about Innk that I ran across in the past, but it was a lot more complicated than just a label under hololive.
Vtuber wiki also puts her under upd8, with all of the other shit they owned at one point or another... jesus fuck. I'm guessing she was handed over fully to Cover after Upd8 went defunct in 2020.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
I just realized Ao's mama is also Kaoru's mama so they essentially have a girly-looking guy and tomboy-looking girl on their cover work list now

Vtuber wiki also puts her under upd8, with all of the other shit they owned at one point or another... jesus fuck.
I still don't get what's the deal with up8, once owned most of the biggest vtuber talents out there and just fluctuated further down once they started leaving one by one

Rednax

If you compare it to gen 6 where we have a time demon loli who's chained up to contain her chuuni power, a mad scientist coyote kemono, a lady with bird wings in her hair, an orca woman assassin and a wannabe samurai country girl, all of whom are part of an evil organization plotting to take over the world.

My first reaction to this gen is.... Underwhelming.

From the teasering to the models and looks, it's.. 2nd or 3rd rate.

Not sure what Hololive is trying to do here but I'll let them cook and see what happens.

Alchemyth

MeteorImpact

God's Strongest Dragoon

I'm seeing people saying that

was Hoju Rura, a jp 3 view who graduated last month.
https://hojurura.online/

Well her reddit and old youtube are deleted. We might find out soon since we're getting one of those rare situations where we hear their voices before their debuts as that MV comes out in 2 hours.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
It's nice to have some normalcy after all the fantasy. And probably COVER knew that people has been rather tired with lore anyway, so might as well tone it down a bit.
You don't need L O R E to have a unique character design. I don't like all the outfits being so similar, it feels like a lazy harem anime where the only way you can tell anyone apart is by their hair style/color. Sure it's not all 'generic schoolgirl uniform' and there's slight variation in the outfits, but it's still too same-y.

Not that it matters much, since I don't really watch JP to begin with.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
so like are they going to stream like every other holo, or are they only going to appear every so often with singing streams and covers/originals? and if they stream like every other holo then what makes them different/special? there are some JPs that have a lot of songs out and also stream other things than music, so i really don't get why the need for a "specialized" music group on an idol company where all the girls are already expected to perform on stage.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Even as a Hololive fanboy, I'm kind of super... :botanshrug:

Their designs look boring, they're all dressed in similar ensembles. I don't get it. Wouldn't go as far as calling this a Hololive L but just... :Juna-WHY:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Well might as well put out my hopes and dreams - Ririka is Beryl.

Not-Username

Koyori with some semi-confirmation in here current stream

1693820082459.png

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
so like are they going to stream like every other holo, or are they only going to appear every so often with singing streams and covers/originals? and if they stream like every other holo then what makes them different/special? there are some JPs that have a lot of songs out and also stream other things than music, so i really don't get why the need for a "specialized" music group on an idol company where all the girls are already expected to perform on stage.

This is why I don't get why they labeled Irys as a "VSinger" when she pretty much does the same things as the other talents in Holo. If we measure it by music output, Calli is more of a VSinger than her.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
This is why I don't get why they labeled Irys as a "VSinger" when she pretty much does the same things as the other talents in Holo. If we measure it by music output, Calli is more of a VSinger than her.
She got brought on as a solo talent to sing, so vsinger. Sana left and Irys has been less then enthusiastic about her assigned songs so now she streams with council. No sure about the confusion. Cover allowed her to pivot, should be a good thing.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Oh yeah, @The Proctor was, of course, away when this happened. Truly on brand.

Top Bottom