"A fruit fly flew into my mouth during the meet & greet and I didnt want to worry all the beautiful con-goer cookies so i swallowed. 🙃"Amanogawa Shiina

DEV_IS Discussion/Debut Thread

God's Strongest Dragoon

This is why I don't get why they labeled Irys as a "VSinger" when she pretty much does the same things as the other talents in Holo. If we measure it by music output, Calli is more of a VSinger than her.
Calli joined on knowing how the whole music production cycle works so she knows how to work that grind and she's a workaholic. I don't follow Irys too much but being a good singer doesn't mean you're going to get good songs or know how to coordinate/network properly to produce solid songs.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
I'm very curious as to what niche this group is supposed to fill.

If there's anything Cover has done well it's that they space out their talent debuts and allow their fanbases to flourish. It feels weird to have a group debut right after Advent especially since Fuwamoco is probably going to conflict by sucking in part of the fans that should be going to them.
Oh well I'll judge after the debuts happen and then spam in here about how they're all :WHORE!!!:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Cover literally tells you why they are doing anything: https://contents.xj-storage.jp/xcon...4be1/9415/fe25251d510d/20230809143240714s.pdf
musicx.png
music2x.png

They are expanding beyond vtubing as much as possible and with the amount of work that current talents do it's a good think that new people come in to help. This is their main goal
businessx.png
A vsinger group that follows after KAF, or even Suisei, by focusing on doing lives/music and bringing existing talents or groups like Holotori along sounds like a great way to expand.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
I just assumed it was supposed to be another music project they were running with a set of Holo girls, not the next branch. Also surprised they're so quick after Advent a bit honestly. Though the twins seem to be the only ones on any sort of Japanese radar so likely doesn't affect much.

Also sort of figured they're mostly generic and form fitting in looks because a lot of Japanese gacha games and anime stuff seem to be plainish girls for the most part til they're on stage. At least as far as I've seen in their idol girl things I'm most aware of. I don't really mind it but it is somewhat out of place considering their other options of normal women are.. what, Matsuri and Amelia? I mean they have other humans of course but Marine's hardly normal, Shion's a witch, etc. Then again I guess none of them have "standard" jobs either like a few of these announced girls do. Maybe a push to do more inhouse shit if the jobs aren't just lore?

Curious to see if it's actually just a branch or supposed to be something more. Cover's doing pretty good but I'm still a little hesistant with their singing ambitions. Calli seems to have a little bit of issues with the music side and IRyS is still.. whatever the fuck they're doing there. At the same time them having an actual reason to fully focus on sorting that shit out might pay off and work out better. If they wanna focus on some singing efforts they need to get on smoothing issues out.

Late thought edit: Should clarify part of why I was still partially assuming existing talents is because I'm like 80 pages late in general lol. Missed a lot of shit assumedly and working with older info. "I'll check tomorrow" is a trap. Don't do it.

Last edited:

Pyhf

Somebody just pointed something out in /vt/ that I hadn't even realized, all of these designs are just normal girls... Like DAMN that sounds weird to say but Holo designs usually tend to be some fantasy shit or have some flair to stand out from "girl", but all of these are just regular bitches in matching outfits and it's kinda amusing ngl, maybe that's also why their names are so normal.

If you compare it to gen 6 where we have a time demon loli who's chained up to contain her chuuni power, a mad scientist coyote kemono, a lady with bird wings in her hair, an orca woman assassin and a wannabe samurai country girl, all of whom are part of an evil organization plotting to take over the world.

so like are they going to stream like every other holo, or are they only going to appear every so often with singing streams and covers/originals? and if they stream like every other holo then what makes them different/special? there are some JPs that have a lot of songs out and also stream other things than music, so i really don't get why the need for a "specialized" music group on an idol company where all the girls are already expected to perform on stage.
normal people, kinda like niji then

What are the chances that this is Cover actually going for an actual VTuber Idol-centric group?
This would explain the similar uniforms as idols tend to have.
They could be doing more idol-focused activites while doing "normal" vtuber activities on the side as opposed to the rest of the Holos who mostly do Vtubing with a bit of Idoling every now and then

As for Idol activities, aside from concerts, they could also be doing more collab activities/shows like other idol agencies do.
For example, Sakura Gakuin (It's the one I know the most because Babymetal) used to do these school activities or some shit

But still... why?

Not-Username

normal people, kinda like niji then

What are the chances that this is Cover actually going for an actual VTuber Idol-centric group?
This would explain the similar uniforms as idols tend to have.
They could be doing more idol-focused activites while doing "normal" vtuber activities on the side as opposed to the rest of the Holos who mostly do Vtubing with a bit of Idoling every now and then

As for Idol activities, aside from concerts, they could also be doing more collab activities/shows like other idol agencies do.
For example, Sakura Gakuin (It's the one I know the most because Babymetal) used to do these school activities or some shit

But still... why?
Remember that Akb48 launched a Vtuber idol group in their id branch?
Maybe something like that.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
considering their other options of normal women are.. what, Matsuri and Amelia?
Sora, Suisei, AZKi, Aqua, Subaru, Nene and arguably Miko & Polka.

Limkin

Ao and Ririka are so far my favorites. The voices are great, design too. Now all they need is to not exclusively stream nintendo shit or minecraft. The twintail girl is odd. Skinsuit looks weird and her voice doesn't sound natural, but maybe they just told her to fill in the place so you don't have two people being hard to tell apart for a debut song and her regular one is different idk

God's Strongest Dragoon

Ao and Ririka are so far my favorites. The voices are great, design too. Now all they need is to not exclusively stream nintendo shit or minecraft. The twintail girl is odd. Skinsuit looks weird and her voice doesn't sound natural, but maybe they just told her to fill in the place so you don't have two people being hard to tell apart for a debut song and her regular one is different idk
A brief look at Raden's mama shows that they really like skinsuits.

AmpleChip

Now that we have their voices hopefully it won't take too long for the internet to dig up their PLs.
MV was not bad, too idol-esque for my taste but maybe that's the point of the branch.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Debuting a month after Advent is close, but there is precedent, as someone said in the main thread. Myth debuted a month after JP5.

Outlandish designs and backgrounds are, well, outlandish, but they are very useful for first impressions. One or two normal humans in a gen of chuunis can also stand out. In a gen of normal people, I haven't latched on to anyone yet. I'm mildly interested in Ririka because English, but I can't remember which one she is without looking them up now.

Ririka's English so far has few grammatical errors but very ESL word choice.

The gen debut song, Shunkan Heartbeat, is... at least it's not super autotuned.

ReGLOSS' profiles also have their ages. Most likely not their roommate's ages, but it's another mark of how normal they are; flesh idols may not reveal their ages, but they don't play at being thousand-year-old demons or embodiments of primordial forces either.

Probably DEV_IS is meant to attract people who would normally watch idols but not Vtubers, like Niji's Lie:Verse Liars manga project is meant to attract manga readers (as opposed to being a manga based on lore like HoloX Meeting).

Anyway:

[a]
Millishare:
View attachment 43622

Millishira means: fill in those blanks with your first impressions. Don't know jack about them? That's the point.

Koyori filled it in on her stream, but I'll have to wait for a clip.

Last edited:

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Sora, Suisei, AZKi, Aqua, Subaru, Nene and arguably Miko & Polka.
Mostly fair. Though Polka's considered a full Fennec lady pretty sure. I could act like a tool and "argue" Nene isn't normal and Subaru's a duck. :SelenHAHAhere:

Actually thinking on it I feel pretty dumb for the original comment. Missed a good number of people, even if I discounted the arbitrary "weird jobs" lore or whatever I was working with originally to pretend Marine didn't count. Iroha, Noel, Kaela, Zeta, Reine and Chloe. Moona.. mostly? Feels weird that I blanked on most of these honestly. Gonna blame tiredness and take my autistic dumbass to bed.

At any rate, curious to see what they're doing here if anything special for 7. Their opening song is alright. Parts of it are decent but feels too safe to me maybe? If the're swinging for drawing in some non-vtuber audience then that would make sense.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Debuting a month after Advent is close, but there is precedent, as someone said in the main thread. Myth debuted a month after JP5.

Outlandish designs and backgrounds are, well, outlandish, but they are very useful for first impressions. One or two normal humans in a gen of chuunis can also stand out. In a gen of normal people, I haven't latched on to anyone yet. I'm mildly interested in Ririka because English, but I can't remember which one she is without looking them up now.

Ririka's English so far has few grammatical errors but very ESL syntax.

The gen debut song, Shunkan Heartbeat, is... at least it's not super autotuned.

ReGLOSS' profiles also have their ages. Most likely not their roommate's ages, but it's another mark of how normal they are; flesh idols may not reveal their ages, but they don't play at being thousand-year-old demons or embodiments of primordial forces either.

Probably DEV_IS is meant to attract people who would normally watch idols but not Vtubers, like Niji's Lie:Verse Liars manga project is meant to attract manga readers (as opposed to being a manga based on lore like HoloX Meeting).

Anyway:

Millishira means: fill in those blanks with your first impressions. Don't know jack about them? That's the point.

Koyori filled it in on her stream, but I'll have to wait for a clip.
Yeah, I'm familiar with millishiras, I was just sharing the link for meme purposes.

It is pretty weird to have an all normal human gen with all similarly designed outfits while having an....ok...song that's serviceable. Like everything just feels lukewarm hype at most for me, maybe JP are enjoying it more. I like Raden's design the most and I'm hoping we might actually get a chuba that tries actual comedy routines since rakugo is suppose to be their specialty. However I might end up watching Ririka the most just because she's ESL and it's another "damn, I wish I cared enough to learn Japanese" for the rest of the girls where I'm strictly relegated to translated clips.

Somebody also linked a jp article that didn't just include their ages but their birthdays and heights.
Ao: 2/27, 22yr, 171cm (~Reine height)
Kanade: 4/20, 20yr, 153cm (Risu and Pekora height)
Ririka: 5/12, 23yr, 162cm (Ollie and Aki height)
Raden: 2/4, 21yr, 159cm (Nene height)
Hajime: 6/7, 21yr, 155cm (Fubuki and Zeta height)

EDIT: Just realized Kanade's birthday. Yeah, that's going to be a huge meme right out the gate.

Last edited:

Faceless Waifu

look at this cute emm I generated
Early Adopter
Remember that Akb48 launched a Vtuber idol group in their id branch?
Maybe something like that.
Ah yeah, the JKT48's vtuber sub-unit thing that I reported a while back. As of what I saw and what they are doing right now, they basically just... doing vtuber stuff. So if we used that as example for DEV_IS/ReGloss, then we could see them still doing regular vtubing stuff anyway like gaming or zatsus, while probably already focused on idol/music stuff behind it.
A brief look at Raden's mama shows that they really like skinsuits.

No wonder I got enticed. Her mama really love drawing those idolmaster girls with those front zipper biker outfit, very damn enticing and even if it goes yabai NSFW (locked behind fanbox), they never go full NSFW beyond tasteful stuff. And iirc, they only recently went skinsuit, the rest back then is either those biker outfit or competitions swimsuits.

I can see good stuff coming up, am very sure of it.

Chiato Macchiato

Macchiato "Definitely a PSYOP" Chiato
Honestly I like how normal all these girls look. Raden and Hajime being my favorites.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Mostly fair. Though Polka's considered a full Fennec lady pretty sure. I could act like a tool and "argue" Nene isn't normal and Subaru's a duck. :SelenHAHAhere:

Actually thinking on it I feel pretty dumb for the original comment. Missed a good number of people, even if I discounted the arbitrary "weird jobs" lore or whatever I was working with originally to pretend Marine didn't count. Iroha, Noel, Kaela, Zeta, Reine and Chloe. Moona.. mostly? Feels weird that I blanked on most of these honestly. Gonna blame tiredness and take my autistic dumbass to bed.

At any rate, curious to see what they're doing here if anything special for 7. Their opening song is alright. Parts of it are decent but feels too safe to me maybe? If the're swinging for drawing in some non-vtuber audience then that would make sense.
Polka's clown persona is so dominant, I completely forgot about her furry side.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Only Suisei,Mori and Azki have a ton of Originals or Cover songs.Irys stopped for a while with the originals but even if we count her out of 80 people in the company only FUCKING 4 were able to put out music on a daily basis meaning that only 5% of their vtubers were "Music" focused, i think the idea is really good and thats why they all have the same uniform(if it was a unique design they would still scrap it for their 2nd outfits) but this isnt for me.Also with the excuse of them being a "New" branch Cover can speedran their 3D´s
Edit: I agree with the opinion of this guy that i stealed from Reddit:
"It’s probably more about organisational structure than anything. Audience doesn’t really care if it’s a new branch or just a new gen that’s themed as a music group. We mostly just care about the content.
But for management and staff it helps to say “This is the DEV_IS branch, your focus is on this, events are like that, marketing should promote these things”
Basically it makes sure everyone involved is pulling in the same direction. I know it’s a bit of a joke at this point but hololive really has become something different from an idol company, so if Cover wants to have an idol group instead of just another 5 streamers they will need a focused and tailored management and support staff to accomplish that"
If this really is a new branch and they are music focused i dont think they would care about games perms that much for example.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Also with the excuse of them being a "New" branch Cover can speedran their 3D´s
That's assuming they don't debut with 3D models instead of Live2D. It is weird that none of them have shown their Live2D models and they also don't have art that matches what their Live2D would look like. I think they are a full 3D gen.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Anybody haves a prediction? I just see people saying random names. @Style seems to know something.Hey buddy can you tell us?

Top Bottom