"I am a proud vtuber, representative of Sneed's Feed & Seed. Please go to your local Sneed's Feed & Seed today, and purchase their fine... sneed... and feed."Nyaru

Mascot Thread v2: Brown Woman Good Edition

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Many many moons ago I made a thread for a forum mascot character. It didn't really go anywhere. There were much more pressing concerns, and we hadn't even developed much of a site culture yet to base anything off of.

This has now changed. Yesterday I reached out to everyone's (well @God's Strongest Sanalite at least) favourite brown woman, Sena Bonbon, who recently opened art commissions. I offered her $150 for a mascot character, which she agreed to.

In other words, a mascot has gone from 'this'd be nice' to 'ronpaulitshappening.gif'

Now, I have ideas. But I also possess a deep, abiding self-loathing that drives me to constant irrational acts of self-harm and ill-advised behaviour. This tendency has manifested presently as a desire to involve the community in the design of this mascot character. I'm particularly tagging in people like @Fucking YTs and @Clem the Gem because they've done stuff with A.I waifus over in that thread that could serve as a very good basis for helping consolidate our collective brain-vomit into something vaguely coherent.

I'm making this thread at 3AM, so my own input is going to be less than magically informative. However, there are some simple prompts I'd like to lay out.

1) I am a shameless bunny & fox kemonomimi connoisseur. Glasses are good too.
2) The most blatantly obvious costume choice is that of an asylum nurse/orderly, but perhaps people can think of ideas to spice that up.
3) I dislike generic copy-pasted smiling enthusiasm. I'm fairly sure this place is responsible for at least a few of my grey hairs, so it's logical a mascot should look at least a tiny bit weathered by the kind of nonsense they have to wrangle.
4) Design elements that stand out as representative of the site culture or act as little references to events here would be fun. I don't know what those might be yet, but we can discuss them. Perhaps something that could represent an at least somewhat veiled acknowledgement of our KF origins might be in order.

That's all for now. Any questions and comments can be chucked below, and I'll address them soon[tm].

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Eye bags and a cigarette are non-negotiable.
I mean, have you seen the degeneracy thread?

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Hey, I was gonna try and continue my design for the mascot, but well... obviously that didn't come through. I was getting overwhelmed by work for school and had pretty bad burnout otherwise.
Regardless, I'll post my interpretation of the mascot for reference.
1689473998675.png
In hindsight, I think there should be a bit more special "Virtual Asylum"-ness added to it. Obviously there's a bit of Pippa in there but I feel like she could be more specialized to the forum specifically.
I should probably redraw her now that I have more free time. Digitally.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
I'm retarded, but:
Perhaps something that could represent an at least somewhat veiled acknowledgement of our KF origins might be in order.
Maybe subtly hide the logo somewhere, like in the hair or something. Look at how it happened with the site's Pippa Anniversary Project mosaic:
1689474100150.png1689474244186.png
But have it perhaps be a bit smaller and less prominent.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
Hey, I was gonna try and continue my design for the mascot, but well... obviously that didn't come through. I was getting overwhelmed by work for school and had pretty bad burnout otherwise.
View attachment 36107
In hindsight, I think there should be a bit more special "Virtual Asylum"-ness added to it. Obviously there's a bit of Pippa in there but I feel like she could be more specialized to the forum specifically.
I like this one, along with thhrang's idea of hiding the kiwi logo somewhere.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

I quite liked this initial design overall, an iteration upon it would make solid reference material.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
If anyone wants to keep throwing suggestions, I'd definitely spend all day coming up with an refining a character.

First attempts, kind of generic. I was going with the green as a callback to KF. I don't know if our own colour scheme would be better suited. Do we really have one?
I'd put a proper logo on there after the basic design has been decided. Like a hairclip or armband or something.

26410-[A] Anything 5.0 PrtRE_280366944.png26433-[A] Flat-2D Animerge 2.0_2351674117.png26441-[A] Koji 2.1_1456455051.png

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
If anyone wants to keep throwing suggestions, I'd definitely spend all day coming up with an refining a character.

First attempts, kind of generic. I was going with the green as a callback to KF. I don't know if our own colour scheme would be better suited. Do we really have one?
I'd put a proper logo on there after the basic design has been decided. Like a hairclip or armband or something.

View attachment 36116View attachment 36117View attachment 36118
Our default "color scheme" is the dark blue/grey that the logo is.

Steiger

Coming along for the ride
Early Adopter
This was the AI one I did a while back when we were first talking about it; I like the colors of this one.
1592658239165828041.png
Do we got a name for her? My idea was Tiva, like pronouncing the acronym TVA (but it does sound like a whore's name so I'm open to ideas).

Glasses are good too.
I concur my good sir

Topo Chico

nolan.png
This is the only reference photo she needs.
e:
1689479311043.png
I'm right and you know it! :smugpipi:

Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

View attachment 36116View attachment 36117View attachment 36118
There is no colour scheme
but what about yellow or red?

Steiger

Coming along for the ride
Early Adopter
There is no colour scheme
but what about yellow or red?
Either or, but not both.
If we do both it's bound to be compared with Ronald McDonald.
2386993765927873.png
@Richard 'Lowtax' Kyanka What's the official color scheme? We're kinda assuming it is what it is now, but are there any plans on creating an actual color scheme instead of using the default XenDark theme?

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I'm going to go against the grain and suggest the happiest most genki cheerful design, but dressed up in a pill bottle.

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!
I vote we get a fox girl, if only because rabbits lend themselves to the wrong kind of jokes.

I will not elaborate, citing powerlevel reasons.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I want to Suggest something a little more unique. The Weasel (also minks ferrets and polecats) Why? Well outside of personal preferance and ive yet to see a "weasel toober" their most notable trait is the standing on the backlegs for a vantage point Now slap on a straight jacket. Particularly an open one. representative of being mostly self moderated or at least moderated by the users here

I think it's pretty good base for an Asylum mascot. Plus some of them have bandit masks similar to the Raccoon which could be worked into a visual representation of "Bags under eyes tired" Which I agree with everyone else should be on our mascot.

For colors we have a huge color pallet available as Weasels tend to come in many colors I think the default site colors should be in there somewhere but I also think having a grey blue mascot is kinda colorless so I suggest hiding the site logo or something somewhere in it's design as a hair clip or pin or maybe some gloves or something for actual colors I suggest Grey or Navy Blue as a core color and then highlight it with something lighter.

Accsessories. I think a set of pins or something where you can shove TVA perhaps the Kiwilogo as well Gloves glasses (in a pocket) a Labcoat over the straight jacket (the jannie is also an inmate) maybe a clipboard and pen.

Hope any of these ideas help form the final product good luck proctor.

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
I vote we get a fox girl, if only because rabbits lend themselves to the wrong kind of jokes.

I will not elaborate, citing powerlevel reasons.
No problem with fox girls here.

I was going for a certain style/expression and then realised I was just trying to recreate the girls from Helltker.
Not proposing this, but thought I'd just share it. I'm will say I'm leaning more towards the short sleeves and apron outfit though. Just replace the red with blue or green.

26476-[A] MeinaMix 9.0_964165240.png26490-[A] MeinaMix 9.0_4278348472.png26497-[A] MeinaMix 9.0_2852318812.png

Two potential expressions I was thinking of were:

1) Wavy mouth, crazy swirly eyes (we're all crazy here in the asylum)
2) Bags under eyes, serious tired expressions. Sick of all this world's shit

Top Bottom