"I can see her in the reflection of your eyes!"Ouro Kronii

Mascot Thread v2: Brown Woman Good Edition

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
If anyone wants to keep throwing suggestions, I'd definitely spend all day coming up with an refining a character.

First attempts, kind of generic. I was going with the green as a callback to KF. I don't know if our own colour scheme would be better suited. Do we really have one?
I'd put a proper logo on there after the basic design has been decided. Like a hairclip or armband or something.

View attachment 36116View attachment 36117View attachment 36118
There is no colour scheme
but what about yellow or red?
Honestly I like the green/white/gray better than red and yellow.

The first idea that popped into my head was a character that looks somewhat evil and truly deranged, :Pekora-EVILGRIN: kinda like that.
I tend to dislike human faces in character design (prefer masks or wholly inhuman characters) but I know the majority will want a waifu.

Also we must think of a name, we could go with "asylum-chan" but that's kinda generic. I'd say something like "The Overseer" or "The Secretary" to keep up with proctor and my chunni headcanon for the asylum.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Fem!Hitler with fluffy wolf ears to satisfy dear leader's furry tendencies, eating a kiwifruit.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Can I interest you in a Meatkin my good sir?

If not, I vote sad Hitler married to Anne Frank to show our love of Israel triumphing over adversity:
1689483899243.png

Seriously, why is this such a popular thing?
1689484020177.png

Uncle Marv

Are they real or they only pretend?
The image I have always had in my head is a cute relatively normal looking girl in a straitjacket with slightly messy hair on one side. maybe with one arm freed. Hair color might look best if it fit in with the default color scheme, blue, white or silver.
A Kiwi logo could be subtly embroidered on the straitjacket, like a manufacturers logo. Or a tattoo.
A nurse or orderly is more of a owner and janny thing in my eyes.

Last edited:

Steiger

Coming along for the ride
Early Adopter
I'd say something like "The Overseer" or "The Secretary" to keep up with proctor and my chunni headcanon for the asylum.
How about The Matron? It's the title of the chief nurse.

The image I have always had in my head is a cute relatively normal looking girl in a straitjacket with slightly messy hair on one side. maybe with one arm freed. Hair colour might look best if it fit in with the default color scheme, blue, white or silver.

A nurse or orderly is more of an owner and janny thing in my eyes.
The idea we kinda had last time was that the mascot would be a nurse overseeing an asylum housed by retards shitting all over the floor; overworked, tired, and kinda done with it, but can't get a job anywhere else, so she has to stay and deal with us.

I have an idea of a naive nurse who went into the field with bright starry eyes, eager to help the mentally disabled, but over time her passion degraded to pretty much nothing.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
The idea we kinda had last time was that the mascot would be a nurse overseeing an asylum housed by retards shitting all over the floor; overworked, tired, and kinda done with it, but can't get a job anywhere else, so she has to stay and deal with us.

I have an idea of a naive nurse who went into the field with bright starry eyes, eager to help the mentally disabled, but over time her passion degraded to pretty much nothing.
I really like this idea and I think @Trap Supremacy had some great art for it with the bunny ears representing Pippa, and the elf ears potentially being a nod to Sleepy. All that's really missing is a Korshe tail or something and it captures the early interests of the place without being too on the nose.

God's Strongest Dragoon

The image I have always had in my head is a cute relatively normal looking girl in a straitjacket with slightly messy hair on one side. maybe with one arm freed. Hair colour might look best if it fit in with the default color scheme, blue, white or silver.
A Kiwi Logo could be subtly embroidered on the straitjacket, like a manufacturers logo. Or a tattoo.
A nurse or orderly is more of a owner and janny thing in my eyes.
How about two mascots?
1) A nurse/orderly that's absolutely done with the shit. Bags on eyes, disgusted look, smoking a cigarette, etc
2) Inmate that's crazy, smiling, messy hair, etc.
Considering gray/blue are supposedly the site's colors, could have the orderly in gray while the inmate is in blue.

Uncle Marv

Are they real or they only pretend?
How about The Matron? It's the title of the chief nurse.

Think of it like this.
A prison, the military or an asylum.
What is the strongest image in your head.
The prison officers or the inmates?
The soldiers or commanders?
The nurses or the asylum patients?

The closest equivalent of a nurse in this place would be a moderator.. Since when have you guys been celebrating jannys?

Last edited:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Think of it like this.

The closest equivalent of a nurse in this place would be a moderator.. Since when have you guys been celebrating jannys?
This man speaks only the truth, I swear it on the name of the good Nenechi.

Minotaur

Lurking in the digital labyrinth
Either way i do like the white geen gray color scheme though id prefer a rabbit over a fox

Steiger

Coming along for the ride
Early Adopter
Think of it like this.
The Nurses or the asylum patients?
I mean, sure, but it's not a rule we have to follow.

The obvious decision would be the patient, I thought of it too (you can even see it in my AI generated image from my post earlier, a mask and chains were in the prompt with that intention), but taking the route of something people don't generally think about, such as the nurse, would Subvert Expectations™, and give people pause to think about the connection; even if it's for a split second, that time thinking about it would make that image more memorable, and in the future, recognizable. It would also have the viewer to think about why a mascot, who is usually presented as positive and cheerful, would be in such a dilapidated state, and if they inquire on the backstory of her naive world view being shattered, it can establish a sense of connection and relatability, further cementing the mascot in their head.

I think the nurse would be better for marketing and recognizably; in addition we can, if we want to, put her in a lot of interesting situations in ads or as a local site comic.

I don't know how the patient route would be. Would she be overly cheerful? Overly angry? Deadpan? It's not that we can't do anything with it, but it would be very predictable and much more difficult to flesh out her personality as her character would have to be within the prerequisite of being insane; if she's institutionalized, then she's probably not very stable, so her character and emotions would likely be in the confines of being in the extremes, which starts to get clichéd.

I'm all ears for fun and interesting ideas for the patient, as I can't really think of any.

imozoN

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Think of it like this.

The sheep always love the shepherd, and it takes one of loose sanity to comprehend that the warm embrace of the herald is but a fleeting phantasm of surety, so it must be insanity to follow the norm. Though at the same time no one of sanity can truly embrace the alternative for it is to alienate ones self from friend and family, and to turn one self to a pariah, for the sole benefit of a moment of enjoyment in clarity. In short, we're all quite mad here Alice.

I'm 14 and this is deep.

I liked the way @AO Cody represnted us in his comic for the Pippa project.
https://thevirtualasylum.com/thread...thing-thread-no-pippas-allowed.85/post-111444
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I would support a straight-jacketed mascot over a doctor/nurse.
There's potential for it but I don't get the one eyed thing, though Cody is a rather good artist and could probably make a solid mascot.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
There's potential for it but I don't get the one eyed thing, though Cody is a rather good artist and could probably make a solid mascot.
I originally wanted to go with an uneven eye look to convey the crazy but thought it looked better with just the one eye. Mostly a style thing. It started as a knock-off of the Spirit Science guy's avatar (because, y'know, crazy) and sort of evolved from there.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I originally wanted to go with an uneven eye look to convey the crazy but thought it looked better with just the one eye. Mostly a style thing. It started as a knock-off of the Spirit Science guy's avatar (because, y'know, crazy) and sort of evolved from there.
Actually, here's a thought, you're obviously more of a cartoony style artist who loves 90's animation while @Trap Supremacy seems to take a more realist tone. Is there an opportunity for collaboration where the face/character is done in a more realistic sense, while their outfit and surroundings are done in a more cartoonish style to show the disconnect of self and surrounding?

What I mean by that is a don't take the online world too serious in comparison to who you are type of theme.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
I can do realism too. Or comic-style realism, anyway. I just learned 90's cartoon style to do Cloudscratcher. A good example is the art I did for Mega Ran's The Nocturnal Cantata.
MegaRan-SotN-Back.jpg

And here's a couple others.

Jedah2.pngRugal.png

A little example of what I can do on that end of things, if you'd like me to do something more realistic.

If y'all want me to make a mascot, logo, whatever it is, I'm down for it.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Actually, here's a thought, you're obviously more of a cartoony style artist who loves 90's animation while @Trap Supremacy seems to take a more realist tone. Is there an opportunity for collaboration where the face/character is done in a more realistic sense, while their outfit and surroundings are done in a more cartoonish style to show the disconnect of self and surrounding?

What I mean by that is a don't take the online world too serious in comparison to who you are type of theme.
The character I turn to for inspiration is AE-tan.
Aetanagain.jpg
Anotheraetanchorva.png

AE-tan feels like the perfect personification, because she's both cute and showcases the inherent schaudenfreude and insanity of the site she represents, and she works well chibi or full size. She's a bit realistic, but not too realistic to the point that she feels drab. That was probably my issue with making VA-tan, I couldn't really tap into more silliness for the site.
I would say we should try and emulate her if we can, here.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I can do realism too. Or comic-style realism, anyway. I just learned 90's cartoon style to do Cloudscratcher. A good example is the art I did for Mega Ran's The Nocturnal Cantata.
View attachment 36156

And here's a couple others.

View attachment 36154View attachment 36155

A little example of what I can do on that end of things, if you'd like me to do something more realistic.

If y'all want me to make a mascot, logo, whatever it is, I'm down for it.
Don't take this the wrong way, but those images are cartoony, but they're good.

I should probably say that what @Trap Supremacy submitted isn't super realistic either, but there's a certain roughness to the face of the piece that makes it feel gritty which is attributed to realism.

I ultimately have no say in any of this, but I think there's a lot of potential in your more rounded shapes and colors with the more rough style to create something that's a lot of fun visually.

Edit: I mean compare the tone:
1689493215285.png1689493234007.png

I like the piece in the original but I think there's more to explore with a combo and this is a very crude representation because neither is intended for the other.

Edit 2: I mean this when I say I like your work, but I really like to edit it as there's so much stuff that can be done with it which isn't true for a lot of art. It's like how WC3 is fantastic but someone made DotA out of it as well.

Last edited:

No Name

Eye bags and a cigarette are non-negotiable.
I mean, have you seen the degeneracy thread?
As someone who works in the healthcare system, I second this idea.
Imagine being a nurse at asylum full of vtuber addicts and spergs.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Am I crazy or do I recall seeing a mascot that was basically a pudgy dog with the same yellow and red coloring as the favicon somewhere on this site? I remember thinking that was really cute. But it sounds like you're looking for something more anthropomorphic - a TVA-tan, if I may.

Top Bottom