"I'll suck you dry don't take that shit outta context"Lucy Pyre

Pipprojects 2024

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
This one?

If people have ideas/suggestions, feel free to throw them here. I don't watch Pippa on the regular besides collabs and clips, I can be missing the "vibe".
Yep - that's the one. I have a brand new reprint instead of a nice weathered version like that, though. I was sort of thinking if we loosely based the structure on a Navy / Army cookbook and threw in joke flair like WH40k's Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer we'd:
  • Have a lore-friendly reason to explain things like cleanliness and mold remediation and proper storage of fresh fish and how to boil water or make Phase Brand Coffee.
  • Standard recipes that don't have pictures could just be no-nonsense entries and others could have pictures 'paperclipped' in. In that same vein the Panko recipe you did could be a whole page 'stuffed' into the book as a "picked this up in a foreign port where they talk funny" kind of thing. Basically it kind of frees us from having to be stylistically consistent.
  • We can optionally cheat and pad out the book by including stock recipes that we know she'd fucking hate like Buttered Carrots which are then angrily scribbled out.
To be clear I'm theorycrafting; I don't want to railroad anyone anywhere. I don't think anyone's missing the vibe.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I'm going to start throwing out useful info, I don't have the bandwidth to put it into kayfabe format right now:

Measuring Ingredients

Common Abbreviations

tsp = teaspoon
tbsp = tablespoon
c = cup
pt = pint
qt = quart
oz = ounce
lb = pound

Measurements and conversion

dash = less than 1/2 teaspoon
3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon
16 tablespoons = 1 cup
1 cup = 1/2 pint
2 pints = 1 quart
4 quarts = 1 gallon

1/4 cup = 4 tablespoons
1/3 cup = 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon
1/2 cup = 8 tablespoons
2/3 cup = 10 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons
3/4 cup = 12 tablespoons

Measuring tools

Dry measuring cup: No rim, cylindrical, usually metal, usually 1 cup
Liquid measuring cup: Has a rim above the measuring line, handle, usually glass or Pyrex
Graduated measuring cups: Stackable plastic cups for fractions of a cup
Measuring spoons: Usually 1/4 tsp , 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp
Straight-edged knife or spatula: Can be run across the top of a dry measuring cup to remove excess ingredients and get precisely 1 cup

Notes on measuring certain ingredients

Flour: Sift into bowl, gently pour into dry measuring cup, level off with knife/spatula
White sugar: Only needs sifting if lumpy, level off with knife/spatula
Brown sugar: Usually needs to be packed into a dry measuring cup, level off with knife/spatula
Liquids: Pour slowly into liquid measuring cup, bring up to eye level to check. Because of surface tension, the bits around the edge (the "meniscus") will climb up the walls of the cup, so make sure you're measuring from the actual surface rather than the meniscus.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Important Utensils (not counting measuring cup, I had those in the measuring section)

Note on material: Pyrex is a clear, glass-like material that expands less when heated than glass does, so it's better for use in ovens and microwaves

Saucepans: medium cylindrical pots, have a long handle on one side, come with lids. Usually come in 2-4 qt sizes. Often good to have 2-3 if you're making multiple things
Dutch Oven: large pot, has two short handles and a lid
Skillet: Shallow, flat pan with angled or curved sides. May have a non-stick coating on the inside, which requires certain precautions to avoid damaging it (see below)
Mixing bowls: Usually metal or glass; scraping a plastic bowl with a whisk or blender is a bad idea
Custard cups: Glass or pyrex, used for things like breaking eggs into
Whisk: A series of metal (or rubber-coated metal) loops, used for mixing ingredients together
Egg beater: A hand-cranked device that spins two metal bits, used for whipping cream, icing, eggs, etc. Honestly, an electric hand mixer is easier to use and does the same thing
Square pan: 9 in x 9 in, 2 in deep, pyrex or metal
Oblong pan: 13 in x 9 in, 2 in deep, pyrex or metal
Bread loaf pan: 9 in x 5 in, 3 in deep, pyrex or metal, used for making bread and meatloaf
Pie pan: Circular, pyrex or metal, often has a crimped edge to help shape the crust
Baking sheet (also called jelly roll sheet): 15.5 in x 10.5 in x .5 in, metal
Colander: Bowl with holes in it, plastic or metal, used for draining pasta and washed produce
Sifter: Wire mesh bowl with handle(s), put
Most useful kitchen knives: chef's (long, thick blade with the handle's axis set along the edge opposite the blade, used for chopping), bread (serrated blade, used for slicing exactly what you'd expect), paring (short, used for slicing fruits & vegetables), carving (long, thin, used for slicing meat)
Cutting boards: Plastic or hard wood preferred, soft woods can let juices from meat seep into the scoring and retain salmonella-laced fluids that transfer to the next thing you put on there. Attempting to use Tenma is not recommended.
Kitchen shears
Wooden spoon
Slotted Spoon
Potato masher
Tongs
Ladle: Deep spoon with long handle, used for transferring soups or skimming fat
Plastic scraper for cleaning
Scrub brush for cleaning
Big plastic dishpan for cleaning

Non-stick pan rules: Do not use cooking sprays like PAM (use oil or butter instead), do not preheat when empty, do not take heat above medium, do not scrub with abrasive sponge or cleaning pad, do not let knives or other sharp objects anywhere near it

If you get serious about cooking, you're going to want a stand mixer eventually for things like making dough. I recommend Kitchenaid, specifically the ones that lift the bowl rather than tilting the head.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
This is one long architect shitpost.

Jackie Forests

Not a Real Artist
I intend to submit something for the rabbit food section. If there's some method of wealth transfer that doesn't involve giving away my legal name (eg PayPal) I'm willing to offer some compensation to whomever steps up to be the editor.
I know how to edit stuff in capcut. I can't do complex cool designs like something off Canva if you need that though. I just put the clips together and cut them properly.
It's literally my actual job, I edit shit for marketing companies. Don't expect magic though, I started learning in March 1st as a nepo hire from one of those companies lol
Maybe you can DM me in discord over what you need to see specifically and I could tell you whenever it's possible or not.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

You might need more work on those instructions...

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Truly the most important of questions must be addressed.

This is probably random.txt worthy tbh.
JLFRrtR.png

The stock big brain animation in the background while the caveman ponders why thing get hot when over fire makes this for me.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
JLFRrtR.png

The stock big brain animation in the background while the caveman ponders why thing get hot when over fire makes this for me.
If we have a soup section, this definitely needs to be the chapter title

Saturnus

haha it's unou
If we have a soup section, this definitely needs to be the chapter title
You know, with the state of her teeth a soup/stew section should probably have a main focus tbh.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Paladin

Lia's Likers Luxurious Kibble
GNq-ISu-Ja-MAADk0-L.jpg

An ASD-friendly meal fit for Lia and Fido
Ingredients and Cookware
A large saucepan
A large stockpot or Dutch oven
1 ½ cups brown rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 pounds ground turkey
3 cups baby spinach, chopped
2 carrots, shredded
1 zucchini, shredded
1 Sweet potato, shredded
½ cup peas, canned or frozen

Directions

In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.

Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks.

Stir in spinach, carrots, zucchini, peas, and brown rice until the spinach has wilted and the mixture is heated through about 3-5 minutes.

Let cool completely and Enjoy.
GJg-Jm3-Gb-IAAtx-Gi.jpg

Source​

Image 1&2 @EurgerKingWitAE
Recipe https://damndelicious.net/2015/04/27/diy-homemade-dog-food/

Planetary Bombardment

Submitted for preliminary approval, first pages / sections:
  1. Large community art project / showcase based on the pipkun background art (is there any additional work being done on this?)
  2. Nearly empty page with small quote text to the tune of "It's all just jokes, we like you, happy anniversary."
  3. Letter of Reprimand loosely modeled after the official "bro why didn't you take the vaccine" letters.
  4. The Navy Architecture shitpost.
  5. Insultingly simplistic explanation about the physics of boiling.
  6. Recipes not following any sort of standardization allowing for individual art / pictures / arrangements.
I'm trying not to overextend myself and end up being solely responsible for a shitty product. I'm still soliciting assistance. In the meantime I'm just making dumb shit to see if it sticks. I would encourage others to do the same if so inclined.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
You know, with the state of her teeth a soup/stew section should probably have a main focus tbh.
meat pippa doesnt like teeth jokes

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I learned about this a bit too late but yeah using Ai is a nice way to make something that she would find appealing especially by including a mix of IRL photos of the cooked recipes and adding cute drawings and stickers on the pages.

Pippa Sticker.png

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

RedRage

I learned about this a bit too late but yeah using Ai is a nice way to make something that she would find appealing especially by including a mix of IRL photos of the cooked recipes and adding cute drawings and stickers on the pages.

View attachment 70603
The closer it looks to a kids book the more likely it holds her attention. :whatastory:
I'm working on something myself for the three year so I doubt I'll have time to pitch in much help but something sweet and easy to prep for snack food would be a good idea, something like puréed and dehydrated fruit that she could make in bulk to snack on when she wanted.

Paladin

Well I guess I know what she wants.

Planetary Bombardment

Well I guess I know what she wants.

Attempting to explain to Sister Rabbit how to operate a propane-fired 120qt boiler sounds like a good idea.

Top Bottom