"What do you mean? I got all, I got picture of ghost! I got the picture of finguhpurint! I was only one who ackshually went, like crazy woman, while everyone else was praying with the television remote controOOOOool !!!"Tenma Maemi

Pochi Calls Out Idol Corp

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
From what I've gathered from what Pochi has said, a new clause in their contract she missed when she renewed changed policy and that's what's biting her in the ass
A tale as old as time...

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
A looooot of people aren't going to understand this and will fail while trying to "emulate" Doki.

Doki didn't fire the first shot. Nijisanji pulled the trigger after over a month of silence, coming across as vindictive, in an environment in which Nijisanji was already being meme'd on through silver playbuttons and 2%.

Only then did Selen fire back. While benefitting from her extensive contacts outside of Nijisanji, thereby reaching tourist audiences, as well as from Nijisanji casually confirming that yes, they'd ghostwalked the suicide girl's twitter account and harrassed her during her hospital stay.

It is difficult to imagine a more slanted battlefield in the court of public opinion.

The talent firing the first shot, against a corp that if not beloved, is at least not being meme'd on (TVA's usual antisemitic diatribes notwithstanding), well, one only needs to take a look at /jidf/ to see how that goes.

Talents can't kill corpos. Corpos can only kill themselves.

Elira's decision to "upstage" her right as she was starting to play Neopets really did them all in. Until that point it was a trashfire, Elira's crew made it a hindenburgian calamity broadcast on all winds, and a prime opportunity for Doki to further elaborate on her story.

Negzana

So far it seems like Idolcorp is less of a bad company, not black at least, and just has some really shitty talents. Rin seems like such an outlier.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I've always thought the upper tier of donothon goals that Idol had were unrealistic. So many of these would require a substantial amount of time investment and resources from the talent that wouldn't be worth the money gained. Visual novels, books and plushies shouldn't be something you can just put on a donothon. The opportunity cost from talent is way too much.

It's hard to tell who is really at fault here though. My condolences to Pochi fans for their upcoming talent termination.
why does someone have to be at fault it's completely possible both sides are being retarded.
Cover doesn't smugly talk about how much better they are than other corps, it just shows you what they have to offer and works on itself.

Phase doesn't smugly talk about how much better they are than other corps, it just shows you what they have to offer and works on itself.

Vshojo used to smugly talk about how much better they are than other corps, got shit for it, and eventually stopped that shit.

Even fucking Anycolor doesn't smugly talk about how much better they are than other corps, they leave that to the Nijisisters.

Something Aviel should consider.
It's a marketing gimmick as stupid as he is hes not dumb enough to believe it and that it sticks in the brain around here kinda proves it's working and before you say "don't insult your audiance" which is a fiar and valid point as doing so tends to ruin marketing (the potential customer is too annoyed at you to be engaged) only selects out people who dont fall for gimmick marketing.

I know i keep saying it but it's also super common as a tactic to get people outside your demographic to filter themselves out.
that puts me at ease
its all just so tiresome man

can i just enjoy rin at fucking peace

please
no.
Nah Idol's niche is rejected chumcons.

It's funny how every agency that was supposed to "DESTROY HOLOLIVE" because their PR gimmick made them "BETTER AND FREER!" blows up while Holo keeps chugging along with their vile idolshit slavedriving.
the only ones who pushed "destroy hololive" were the idiot fans of Vsho because sho pushed the talent freedom nonsense as i said above it's all marketing. Twittards at the time were upset at corp restrictions so brand yourself as talents first and rake in the cash even Idol it's self did this even as recent as Mozu's group have done this.
So far it seems like Idolcorp is less of a bad company, not black at least, and just has some really shitty talents. Rin seems like such an outlier.
Idol seems firmly in the camp of failing to learn as fast as Sakana did.That's my take away along with some bad luck with a few talents rather then One phase had.

Negzana

I think it helps that Phase's only loss so far was a Phase Invader who while are integrated with the other girls still feel like their own thing

Idol has been hemorrhaging from its main talents.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I think it helps that Phase's only loss so far was a Phase Invader who while are integrated with the other girls still feel like their own thing

Idol has been hemorrhaging from its main talents.
To be fair, Riro was pretty much an invader-type deal with them advertising the performer's PL

VTuberThrow

Even if some of their content isn't my thing, I don't think Idol has shitty talents. Riro seems like an outlier. Pochi just might have bitten off more than she could chew work-wise which, while bad, isn't exactly the worst thing ever. Plenty of the non-Rin girls seem to handle themselves fine.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Still 5 talents down, 2 of them rrated that they were fucking Tomer with another rrat here that Pochi could very well have been the third. Tomer must have been some kind of ultra jew

Negzana

Even if some of their content isn't my thing, I don't think Idol has shitty talents. Riro seems like an outlier. Pochi just might have bitten off more than she could chew work-wise which, while bad, isn't exactly the worst thing ever. Plenty of the non-Rin girls seem to handle themselves fine.
Yuko sounded really terrible even if she's trying to turn course now

Tamavitch

Pig in human clothing
I get the feeling that this shouldn't have been a huge mess but woman brain said "post about this on my alt and bitch" rather than stfu and get it resolved. Definitely need a Dizzy or whoever to wrangle harder. She did the usual early-20s idiot thing where they think "should" and "want" rather than "is" and "will be".

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Fen has now deleted the original tweet, and appears to have removed the document from Google Drive. I've pasted the content of the document into a spoiler in the OP for convenience.

wrp

Fen has now deleted the original tweet, and appears to have removed the document from Google Drive. I've pasted the content of the document into a spoiler in the OP for convenience.
All evidence of her making the tweet is gone in fact. Just her tweet about wanting to stream was left up.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
All evidence of her making the tweet is gone in fact. Just her tweet about wanting to stream was left up.
I wonder if it's natural post-retard clarity, or if she got a message from Idol that spooked her? I can't imagine Aviel's in the best mood right now.

God's Strongest Dragoon

that puts me at ease
Man, it would be awfully unfortunate if Idol were to collapse and Rin never streamed again because she's too autistically fixated on playing Splatoon or Pikmin to bother hitting the "go live" button.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Man, it would be awfully unfortunate if Idol were to collapse and Rin never streamed again because she's too autistically fixated on playing Splatoon or Pikmin to bother hitting the "go live" button.
Her fans would still find a way to watch. They will literally watch her do anything. They followed her to fucking tumblr live. Which was then shut down like a 2 weeks later, I think they themselves forgot it existed until she caused a big spike in bandwith.

x Hades Stamps

ProjectF also smugly talked how much better than other corps they will be.... MANY. SUCH. CASES!
Oof. Yeah, that’s true.
Look at what they leave out of these PR statements and ask why they're not advertising those factors as heavily. Why aren't they being "transparent" about high-quality, one-to-one management? Because they're understaffed.
That is true, especially having known some of the talents’ past lives (Pochi/Fen, Yuko/Rye, Coni/Menace, Roca/Chapipi, and Kai/Tsunari, the latter of which I actually consider a bit of a friend)--while some of them may be the sweetest ever, each one of them (except maybe Roca) is a lot.
Why aren't they "transparent" about the company and fanbase culture? Because while Hololive, Phase, and even tiny corpos like Kawaii have found comfortable niches (idol performances/chaotic "sad girls"/GFE respectively), Idol still feel like they're in the "throwing ideas around to see what sticks" phase.
That’s true. While a niche does attract a narrower audience (e.g. I’m not into Kawaii), it consistently attracts that audience. By trying everything, you’re attracting a wider audience, but only to the parts they’re interested in–This leads to poor retention, which is not good for growth or business.
Idol doesn't take a cut from the donothon. That puts the onus on fulfilling the rewards squarely on the talent.
Where are you getting that from?
He said it's "around the corner" on the first day of the year, so maybe Pochi's decision to graduate got in way?
Maybe. They are understaffed, after all
On the other hand I don't understand what was stopping her from fulfilling the donathon goals and then requesting to graduate (outside of the obvious grift/scam answer), she has to be retarded if she doesn't understand how bad that looks.
Menhera? Not going to deny that she is. Very much so.
Can anyone who is her fan explain to me why she decided to redesign herself as a loli anyway?
That much I don’t know
From what I've gathered from what Pochi has said, a new clause in their contract she missed when she renewed changed policy and that's what's biting her in the ass, yes. It does seem like an accurate summary.
That’s why you always read through contracts with a lawyer!
Also add in to the fact people are claiming she scammed a donothon on her PL before joining Idol, but I've found nothing definitive on that yet. Still searching for it. Either way, it doesn't paint a good picture for her.
Unfortunately I am unable to locate anything on any Fen suba/donothon bar one subathon goal. News to me, though.
One of the only true invaders (so far, at least. Maybe more are possible, maybe not). While it sucks that we lost half, they’re even more of their own thing than the reincarnated invaders

SomeRando

I wonder if it's natural post-retard clarity, or if she got a message from Idol that spooked her? I can't imagine Aviel's in the best mood right now.

"You do not fuck me Pochi, my people will make Operation Wrath of God look like child's play."

Before he hangs up, she hears Hava Nagila playing ominously in the background.

Intestinal Distress

Edit: I assume I'm not the only one who's a bit leery of a "Get a cat" donothon goal. That just reeks of Christmas pet for the kids, abandoned by easter.
She was probably planning to get a cat anyway, or had already gotten one. If she meets the goal she posts pictures and updates of the cat on Twitter. If not, she just doesn't post those (or posts them on her alt account).
Ah, taking a page from DSP's playbook. You love to see it.

chihirogumi

tectalharp

To me this really sounds like she isn't a malicious scammer who wants to take the money and dip or whatever I think she's young and irresponsible extremely stressed and not doing well mentally and honestly??? Probably a little scared she knows she's in a bad spot right now she doesn't have the money she needs is almost certainly about to get terminated and KNOWS she fucked up and is scrambling to try and do something to help her situation her statement probably wasn't accurate and left out important details but I'm sure she genuinely does feel isolated and alone right now and is at least a bit desperate at the moment

Top Bottom