"I don't have AIDS, Pippa"Fujikura Uruka

Termination of Yozora Mel

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
He doesn't give a shit.
I cannot believe The Prostate would disrespect the beautiful banpire in this way.

DEATH TO ALL TEAYamanbaS :BijouBijou:

Negzana

Mel might be unpersoned, but there will always be 5 members of Gen 1 (Ignore that Haachama was too sick to be in this)

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Rrat roundup essay below.

Did Mel's friend betray her?

I highly doubt it.

Since 5ch and dramafags also seem baffled, the traitor would need to be malicious or dense enough and have enough connections to intentionally or unintentionally reveal to Cover what Mel said, yet clean or detached enough to not trade what Mel said to 5ch or dramafags for anonymous attention. This is unlikely. I think the "indiscretion" Rica regrets is what she said and that she said it to someone not covered by NDA, not that she chose a bad friend.

Edit: Blackmail is possible, but an internal investigation by Cover would be required, which the short time frame of events weighs against (see below).

How did Cover find out?

If Mel's friend is out, other possibilities include an investigation, a routine check, or Mel turning herself in.

There was no sign of an investigation, or of anything that might need to be investigated like there was with Rushia. A routine check is possible. But Mel knew on the 14th that she had a meeting on the 15th, and she streamed the night of the 14th. It would be highly unusual to discover something that might be a firing offense and still let the talent stream. The short timeframe (stream at night 14th knowing there is an upcoming meeting, meeting 15th, internal announcement of termination by late night 15th according to Fubuki) also suggests there was not much of an investigation or argument/defense of the circumstances. So it's plausible that Mel turned herself in.

I can't speak for any vibes that Mel gave off in the stream on the 14th, as such vibes can come from people seeing what they want to see in hindsight. Mel had also made plans with Kobo, which weighs against her knowing what would happen on the 15th, depending on how far in advance the plans were made. But if Mel suspected on the 14th that termination was a possible outcome, the vibes could be legit.

What did Mel leak?

Here be rrats, we will never know, etc.

From context, it was done without malice, and it's something that she might have been too specific about when venting about work, e.g. tech in the new studio, non-public details about the other talents like "so this happened when I was with X at their place in Y", her contract details, management drama, etc.

I do hope that the talents know more about what was leaked than we do. I wouldn't put it past a JP corpo to just internally announce "Mel breached NDA and will be terminated, public announcement will be at ___ time" and expect everyone to be on board. But on that note:

I still can't accept the result....

This is an interesting clip. Kobo was supposed to have dinner with Mel on or after the 15th, but she suddenly messaged Kobo saying "Sorry, I can't", and Kobo was concerned because Mel is not usually that terse.

And then right after that, I just know about the announcement. (inhales deeply and sighs) I don't know, I - I cannot think, my mind went blank. I spammed - I spammed chat to her. Like I - (noises) - nande, nande, what's wrong? (noises) spam chat, I - I worried. Mel said "Kobo, Mel wa daijoubu blah blah blah blah". Quite long text, so, okay, she will be fine, right? Okay, I calm, I calm, Kobo calm. I thought maybe, maybe, uh, she won't be... the T word, the T word, she won't be, uh, the T word, uh, yeah, everything gonna be okay. It kinda shook me, because I thought, everything is gonna be daijoubu, just as she said. Yeah, I mean, yeah. Everything's daijoubu. Yeah, I pray the best for her, for everything she wanna do in the future.

So Mel herself sent at least one fairly long message to another talent* after the internal announcement, but before her Discord was revoked (or Kobo of all people had the foresight to get a non-corpo line of contact).

* Why Kobo and not say, Mio or JP1? Purely because Kobo was spamming her at the time, I'd say.

Last edited:

frz

I highly doubt it.

Since 5ch and dramafags also seem baffled, the traitor would need to be malicious or dense enough and have enough connections to intentionally or unintentionally reveal to Cover what Mel said, yet clean or detached enough to not trade what Mel said to 5ch or dramafags for anonymous attention. This is unlikely. I think the "indiscretion" Rica regrets is what she said and that she said it to someone not covered by NDA, not that she chose a bad friend.

How did Cover find out?

If Mel's friend is out, other possibilities include an investigation, a routine check, or Mel turning herself in.

There was no sign of an investigation, or of anything that might need to be investigated like there was with Rushia. A routine check is possible. But Mel knew on the 14th that she had a meeting on the 15th, and she streamed the night of the 14th. It would be highly unusual to discover something that might be a firing offense and still let the talent stream. The short timeframe (stream at night 14th, meeting 15th, internal announcement of termination by late night 15th according to Fubuki) also suggests there was not much of an investigation or argument/defense of the circumstances. So it's very plausible that Mel turned herself in.

I can't speak for any vibes that Mel gave off in the stream on the 14th, as such vibes can come from people seeing what they want to see in hindsight. But if Mel knew or suspected on the 14th that termination was a possible outcome, the vibes could be legit.

What did Mel leak?

From context, it was done without malice, and it's something that she might have been too specific about when venting about work, e.g. tech in the new studio, non-public details about the other talents like "so this happened when I was with X at their place in Y", her contract details, management drama, etc.

I do hope that the talents know more about what was leaked than we do. I wouldn't put it past a JP corpo to just internally announce "Mel breached NDA and will be terminated, public announcement will be at ___ time" and expect everyone to be on board. But on that note:

This is an interesting clip. Kobo was supposed to have dinner with Mel on the 15th or 16th, but she suddenly messaged Kobo saying "Sorry, I can't", and Kobo was concerned because Mel is not usually that terse.

So Mel herself sent at least one fairly long message to another talent* after the internal announcement, but before her Discord was revoked (or Kobo of all people had the foresight to get a non-corpo line of contact).

* Why Kobo and not Mio or JP1? I'd say, purely because Kobo was spamming her at the time.
disagree using lack of 5chan shit as evidence for no foul play
My rrat was the person blackmail Cover for money, if Cover didn't cough up they will release it to 5chan/dramatubers channel
The lack of 5chan shit to me seems like Cover paid up the blackmail and sign an NDA with the person. While suing is an option, it means whatever they were threatening Cover with will be going public as evidence and Cover doesn't want that and the requested ransom was small enough to not be a big deal.

Same thing also happened to Rushia where Cover just prefer paying the dramatuber to shut the fuck up and that's why nothing came out from her case. We knew she leaked shit to dramatuber but absolutely 0 thing came out of it just like this case. Nothing on 5chan either. The creature that is even worse than 5ch, DRAMATUBERS, not saying anything out of that whole fiasco.

Safe to assume that Cover's method to deal with leaks is just paying people to shut the fuck up.

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
You say this but Kobo got found because she was mutually following roommate accounts as she was meeting people so...

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

I highly doubt it.

How did Cover find out?

There was no sign of an investigation, or of anything that might need to be investigated like there was with Rushia. A routine check is possible. But Mel knew on the 14th that she had a meeting on the 15th, and she streamed the night of the 14th. It would be highly unusual to discover something that might be a firing offense and still let the talent stream. The short timeframe (stream at night 14th, meeting 15th, internal announcement of termination by late night 15th according to Fubuki) also suggests there was not much of an investigation or argument/defense of the circumstances. So it's very plausible that Mel turned herself in.

I can't speak for any vibes that Mel gave off in the stream on the 14th, as such vibes can come from people seeing what they want to see in hindsight. But if Mel knew or suspected on the 14th that termination was a possible outcome, the vibes could be legit.

What did Mel leak?

This is an interesting clip. Kobo was supposed to have dinner with Mel on the 15th or 16th, but she suddenly messaged Kobo saying "Sorry, I can't", and Kobo was concerned because Mel is not usually that terse.

* Why Kobo and not Mio or JP1? I'd say, purely because Kobo was spamming her at the time.
All wrong my friend.

No.

Yagoo was mad at Mel for bringing in the feds to investigate his nephew years ago and then being forced to fire him, Yagoo has hated Mel ever since and personally beat her with a bag of coins for her insubordination. He then waited patiently and maniacally until the perfect moment to frame her and terminate her, all according to keikaku. (Tl note "Keikaku" means plan).

How did Cover find out?

Cover always knew.

They have created multiple false personas puppeteered by employees in order to surveil and socially engineer the talents. Mel's """friend""" was directed to frame her for sharing confidential info.

Mel actually tapped a secret morse code message on the 14th, which only select autists from 2ch have been able to decode: HELP ME. COMPANY, BLACK. TANIGO IS AFTER ME.

What did Mel leak?

She leaked Yagoo's history of abuse and mistreatment of employees, secret dealings with north korea and using company assets to influence the discourse in sites such as Reddit, Twitter and 4chan/2chan. He was also found to be the original owner of Iketog before burning his persona in order to escape investigation by Niji.

The talents know nothing of these secret dealings except for Sora and Fubuki, who have stake in the company and have swore loyalty to Cover.

The messages to Kobo were sent by a Cover-employed impersonator.

Psyops.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
disagree using lack of 5chan shit as evidence for no foul play
My rrat was the person blackmail Cover for money, if Cover didn't cough up they will release it to 5chan/dramatubers channel
The lack of 5chan shit to me seems like Cover paid up the blackmail and sign an NDA with the person. While suing is an option, it means whatever they were threatening Cover with will be going public as evidence and Cover doesn't want that and the requested ransom was small enough to not be a big deal.

Same thing also happened to Rushia where Cover just prefer paying the dramatuber to shut the fuck up and that's why nothing came out from her case. We knew she leaked shit to dramatuber but absolutely 0 thing came out of it just like this case. Nothing on 5chan either. The creature that is even worse than 5ch, DRAMATUBERS, not saying anything out of that whole fiasco.

Safe to assume that Cover's method to deal with leaks is just paying people to shut the fuck up.
Korekore doing livestreams with live TLs about what Rushia told him (according to him) is "absolutely 0 thing came out of it"?

Is blackmail possible? Sure. Is it likely? It would have triggered an internal investigation, which there was no sign of.

Koronesuki

X-Potato

Mel might be unpersoned, but there will always be 5 members of Gen 1 (Ignore that Haachama was too sick to be in this)

Ironically, Mel was only in Gen 1 so that there would still be 5 members of Gen 1 after Hololive's first termination.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Rrat time:

I forgot where I saw this rrat, possibly twitter but not sure anymore, but anyways I thought it sounded likely enough.

Since I lost the actual post, I only remember the gist of it, but hopefully someone else might have seen something similar.

The rrat goes, Mel was trying to help out another Vtuber (likely Indie) on how to set up her merch, and talked to that vtuber about it. Something about Hololive gets their merch done by that and that company, and at the rate of so-and-so per piece. Then, that other vtuber went to that company, wants her merch produced but the company answers with a different rate. The unknown friend then answers that's unfair, Holos get their merch for so-and-so, give me a more competitive rate. The merch company then sees that this vtuber has internal Hololive info and goes and rats it to Cover. Cover then starts an investigation and finds that Mel has ties to that person, confront her, and she admits that she told her friend how Cover goes about Merch production. Covers hand is forced, this is a breach of NDA and have to terminate Mel, but all parties recognise Mel wasn't malicious about it.

That or something similar. It's been a few days since I saw it and I had hoped this thread might have caught it, but doesn't seem that way, so details are vague.
But it sounds like something Mel would do, help out a friend by talking about her own experience with merch, and unfortunately, talking a bit too much. That's definitely in the realm of possibilities. Also, might work out with the break of trust implied by Rikas letter, as the other vtuber went and tried to use that information to negotiate a better deal for herself. Finally, that way it wasn't even Cover or management directly who were made aware of the leak, but the 3rd party itself ran to Cover when they noticed it.

Idk, Rrat breakers, feel free to destroy this one, but on first glance I thought it holds up. At least a lot better than anything to do with Kotoka imo

Negzana

Rrat time:

I forgot where I saw this rrat, possibly twitter but not sure anymore, but anyways I thought it sounded likely enough.

Since I lost the actual post, I only remember the gist of it, but hopefully someone else might have seen something similar.

The rrat goes, Mel was trying to help out another Vtuber (likely Indie) on how to set up her merch, and talked to that vtuber about it. Something about Hololive gets their merch done by that and that company, and at the rate of so-and-so per piece. Then, that other vtuber went to that company, wants her merch produced but the company answers with a different rate. The unknown friend then answers that's unfair, Holos get their merch for so-and-so, give me a more competitive rate. The merch company then sees that this vtuber has internal Hololive info and goes and rats it to Cover. Cover then starts an investigation and finds that Mel has ties to that person, confront her, and she admits that she told her friend how Cover goes about Merch production. Covers hand is forced, this is a breach of NDA and have to terminate Mel, but all parties recognise Mel wasn't malicious about it.

That or something similar. It's been a few days since I saw it and I had hoped this thread might have caught it, but doesn't seem that way, so details are vague.
But it sounds like something Mel would do, help out a friend by talking about her own experience with merch, and unfortunately, talking a bit too much. That's definitely in the realm of possibilities. Also, might work out with the break of trust implied by Rikas letter, as the other vtuber went and tried to use that information to negotiate a better deal for herself. Finally, that way it wasn't even Cover or management directly who were made aware of the leak, but the 3rd party itself ran to Cover when they noticed it.

Idk, Rrat breakers, feel free to destroy this one, but on first glance I thought it holds up. At least a lot better than anything to do with Kotoka imo
Or it was Vesper

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Rrat time:

It's as likely as anything else. I don't think we'll ever know what actually happened. I like this rrat because there's no malice involved, just Mel being dumb.

Negzana

I was just about to go to bed why did this have to be recommended

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
I mean, with Kotoka:
  • 2% Merch cut-induced woman moment.
  • Mel showed her the silver play button without malicious intent and caused her to become jealous with rage.
  • Weird that this is the second termination she's involved in, at least tangentally, inside a year. Publicly throwing the Queen of the Chosen Tunnelers under the yacht like that soured me on her. Once is a coincidence.. 🤔
A big think, if true. And frankly none of it matters as we'll likely never know (though if Kotoka keeps getting caught up in terminations, that rrat is going to be one behemoth motherfucker in the room).

What that does is Mel is rather dim and seemingly incapable of acting with malice; this whole affair is a tragedy for hololive, the fans, and especially her. Hopefully she does not go into a Mike Rushia downward spiral and can continue on (sadly with coomer ASMR). She doesn't seem to have the extreme BPD or schizophrenia (combined with low intelligence) like Mike Rushia, so there's that.

None of it feels good, and there aren't even any lols to be had from it like with the downward spiral and lolcow implosion Mike Rushia has undergone. The only termination I am awaiting is Selen's, for her own sake (fuck Yamanbasanji).

Last edited:

Not-Username

The difference to rushia couldn't be more apparent

Negzana

Might as well ask here, not much time left

Is there a translation of her letter at the end credits? What does she say? Really want to know

It makes me sad that this is now de facto her graduation stream. She seems like a sweetheart.

Last edited:

Negzana

Okay, I have caught up on all her events. All her music videos. I watched her final goodbye. There's not much more I can do.

I feel sad, gonna read a bible or something. When's Kaela or Watame or Aki streaming?

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

Might as well ask here, not much time left

Is there a translation of her letter at the end credits? What does she say? Really want to know

It makes me sad that this is now de facto her graduation stream. She seems like a sweetheart.

So the Genius Idol 3D live. I'll look into it, grabbed all of her Lives. That thumbnail/video link will die in a couple hours.
Archive
- if you want to watch it with the TL in mind
I am a bit rusty on my moonspeak, but it says something like

To everyone
It's been a while since the last letter
Even though there's nothing new going on
I hate that i couldn't bring myself to write
I'm shy and bad at communicating.
thank you for supporting this clumsy Me,
thank you for (liking) loving me.
I'm sure that, at times, i may have worried you guys,
I am sorry
But thanks to everyone, I am still here
"I really like spending time with you guys"
That is what I think every time I meet you
I'm delighted I am where I am, and that I met every single one of you
Thank you for creating an environment where I can keep thinking like that.
So when i say "i love you", it's really special, I mean it.
Kappumin may already know that it's not just a compliment
I am really shy and i can't say it out loud
Even thinking about its so embarrassing, so silly, i know
But if I don't say it, how could you know what I feel?
Today its an special day so let me tell you something
I really like you guys, I love you
It may be embarrassing but it is special
it really is, do you believe me?
I hope we can make more funny memories with everyone
I want to keep doing it forever

thank you for taking care of me

From
Yozora Mel
Fuck, watching it again I realize it's basically a love letter to Hololive. The nostalgia clips and amount of guests almost feels like closure.

Last edited:

Negzana

My only solace is that Aki has nothing to lose staying in Holo and Watame desperately wants to reach Bokudan. Both are well behaved and are more level headed and wise than Mel so I don't see them leaving any time soon. Kaela.... Has every reason in the world to stay in Hololive forever, I just worry her jaw issues eventually get too bad to stream.

Top Bottom