"Watatataaa~"Kaela Kovalskia

The Anime Thread

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Can confirm, the manga is great. It is very slow, though, so be aware.

Also, the opening might be Yoasobi's most mid song, yet, imo.
Yeah the OP was in all things considered very not fitting to the narrative on frieren

As much as I love ikura her voice just doesn't fit on the vibe of the story which is basically on the perspective of those on the journeys end

Like imagine watching to your eternity and it's a genki opening

ogey_rrat

ogey
Sup nerds, new anime season just started and if you're bored when your oshi hasn't streamed in a few day- weeks.. months.. top new show so far seems to be Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. It's a bit slow and a bit of a tear jerker, but has great world building. It's supposedly based on some amazing manga so the source is good, and the animation teams hasn't messed with it yet based on the first five episodes.

Looks good, pretty unique concept as well. Will check it out soon.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Sup nerds, new anime season just started and if you're bored when your oshi hasn't streamed in a few day- weeks.. months.. top new show so far seems to be Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. It's a bit slow and a bit of a tear jerker, but has great world building. It's supposedly based on some amazing manga so the source is good, and the animation teams hasn't messed with it yet based on the first five episodes.

as a Manga reader can confirm it's good it's slow and you will weep little bitch tears.

So far Some Dudes VRMMO life seems pretty ok I enjoy how hard they lean into it being a game instead of realistic nothing special tho. Saintess is omnipotent season 2 is good if you enjoyed the first one just solid anime all around i'm in love with the villiainess can be a time solve everything with Yuri can be funny.

The other one I would actually recommend tho is Berserk of Gluttony it's a little too powerfantasy but thats the worst thing i can say about it then again my tolerance for powercreep and shonen stuff is pretty high.

Awoogers

as a Manga reader can confirm it's good it's slow and you will weep little bitch tears.

So far Some Dudes VRMMO life seems pretty ok I enjoy how hard they lean into it being a game instead of realistic nothing special tho. Saintess is omnipotent season 2 is good if you enjoyed the first one just solid anime all around i'm in love with the villiainess can be a time solve everything with Yuri can be funny.

The other one I would actually recommend tho is Berserk of Gluttony it's a little too powerfantasy but thats the worst thing i can say about it then again my tolerance for powercreep and shonen stuff is pretty high.
Berserk of gluttony is something I really recommend this season and as someone who's read the LN till the current translated chaps it's gonna get fucking good once they tackle things outside of the sins

And as someone who's basically Isekai junkie and a habitual saintess/villainess trope enjoyer I would not pass both series which I already enjoyed in text form

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Geezuz this season is LOADED more then i thought.

Berzerk of Gluttony SHY I'm in love with the villianess a playthrough of a certain dude's VRMMO, Saints power is Omnipotent, I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness, Eminance in Shadow.The Daughter Left The Nest and Returned an S Rank Adventurer, Ancient Magus Bride, Rising of the Shield Hero, Goblin Slayer.Freiren Beyond Journeys End,Let Me Check The Walthrough First ,Arknights: perish in Frost,Undead Unluck,Gundam Build Metaverse,The Faraway Paladin:The Lord of Rust Mountain,A Returners Magic Should be Special,

And i'm still not done checking out every series ive had a passing interest in.

So ill just mention the front runners so far in no particular order.

Berserk Of Gluttony Biased on this one because i'm clued into later events but it's animated well good pacing and a good fun time

SHY a Superhero calling herself SHY patrols Japan and is well SHY not sure where this is going but theres a drunken Russian hero named Spirit and it got points for that.

The Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S Rank Adventurer another one i'm biased on because of reading. good light hearted non isekai story

Faraway Paladin Continuing from where season 1 left off this is yet another one ive been reading animation is still excellent characters are people.

Freien Beyond Journey's End : I cried little bitch tears.

Eminance in Shadow. goes without saying if you liked S1 your gonna like this.

Goblin Slayer now with 90% less Goblin Slayer as this covers the priestess rank up arc don't worry still lots of goblins to kill.

Ancient Magus Bride Still a slow burning powerhouse and as this is another one I know what's coming god that pay off is strong I think it might come in a second cour though as i have difficulty seeing them fit the finale of the arc into the episodes they have but ive been wrong before.

The above are more or less my top five this season the whole list i posted above it are all shows id recommend checking out regardless and i know some are missing and i didn't even include shows still ongoing like ZOM or Synduality Noir (ok that one ended like a week ago but details)

Nenélove

Demonic Root Vegetable
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Berzerk of Gluttony SHY I'm in love with the villianess a playthrough of a certain dude's VRMMO, Saints power is Omnipotent, I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness, Eminance in Shadow.The Daughter Left The Nest and Returned an S Rank Adventurer, Ancient Magus Bride, Rising of the Shield Hero, Goblin Slayer.Freiren Beyond Journeys End,Let Me Check The Walthrough First ,Arknights: perish in Frost,Undead Unluck,Gundam Build Metaverse,The Faraway Paladin:The Lord of Rust Mountain,A Returners Magic Should be Special,

Berserk Of Gluttony Biased on this one because i'm clued into later events but it's animated well good pacing and a good fun time

SHY a Superhero calling herself SHY patrols Japan and is well SHY not sure where this is going but theres a drunken Russian hero named Spirit and it got points for that.

The Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S Rank Adventurer another one i'm biased on because of reading. good light hearted non isekai story

Faraway Paladin Continuing from where season 1 left off this is yet another one ive been reading animation is still excellent characters are people.

Goblin Slayer now with 90% less Goblin Slayer as this covers the priestess rank up arc don't worry still lots of goblins to kill.

Ancient Magus Bride Still a slow burning powerhouse and as this is another one I know what's coming god that pay off is strong I think it might come in a second cour though as i have difficulty seeing them fit the finale of the arc into the episodes they have but ive been wrong before.

The above are more or less my top five this season the whole list i posted above it are all shows id recommend checking out regardless and i know some are missing and i didn't even include shows still ongoing like ZOM or Synduality Noir (ok that one ended like a week ago but details)
Except for frieren I liked none of these, just more dime-a-dozen, power-tripping, lampshading, trope-infested, plotless, suspenseless isekai garbage that nips and non-nips alike seem to eat up despite it being all the same for the last decade.

It's always
"THIS IS LITERALLY THE SAME STORY YOU'VE ALREADY SEEN 20 TIMES BUT I AM SELF AWARE AND I DON'T GIVE A SHIT FUCK YOU, THE MC IS SELF AWARE, THE CHARACTERS ARE SELF AWARE, 4TH WALL BREAKS GALORE, FUCK YOUR IMMERSION, FUCK WORLDBUILDING, FUCK LOGIC, FUCK GOOD STORYTELLING, I KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS LIKE, LET ME FUCKING GIVE IT TO YA IN A GOLDEN PLATTER, CONSUMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
or
"The ultra omega boring story of a teenage girl who watches paint dry in another world... BUT ALSO SHE'S THE LITERAL MESSIAH AND KILLS THE DEMON LORD IN 2 SECONDS- but this story is sooooooooo boring and normal slice of life fr fr I promise guys"
or
"I got turned into a slime, or a spider, or a (insert monster here)... or a sword.. or a random inanimate object... or literally a girls breast idk man? but it's in another world! But it literally doesn't fucking matter and my rpg skills will give me speech, and a human form, and god powers in like the first 10 minutes... so I'm literally just a human? Eh you don't give a shit just consume product peasant"
orrrrr
"I was teleported to another world with the power to literally kill people with the flick of a wrist and everybody fucking hates me! Until they don't... in like the 3rd episode? We just have a fight and then everyone is cool with it I guess? W-wasn't I supposed to be an anti-hero? Hello? Writers? What the hell is the point of having disgusting powers if nobody judges you for it again?!?!"

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Except for frieren I liked none of these, just more dime-a-dozen, power-tripping, lampshading, trope-infested, plotless, suspenseless isekai garbage that nips and non-nips alike seem to eat up despite it being all the same for the last decade.

It's always
"THIS IS LITERALLY THE SAME STORY YOU'VE ALREADY SEEN 20 TIMES BUT I AM SELF AWARE AND I DON'T GIVE A SHIT FUCK YOU, THE MC IS SELF AWARE, THE CHARACTERS ARE SELF AWARE, 4TH WALL BREAKS GALORE, FUCK YOUR IMMERSION, FUCK WORLDBUILDING, FUCK LOGIC, FUCK GOOD STORYTELLING, I KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS LIKE, LET ME FUCKING GIVE IT TO YA IN A GOLDEN PLATTER, CONSUMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
or
"The ultra omega boring story of a teenage girl who watches paint dry in another world... BUT ALSO SHE'S THE LITERAL MESSIAH AND KILLS THE DEMON LORD IN 2 SECONDS- but this story is sooooooooo boring and normal slice of life fr fr I promise guys"
or
"I got turned into a slime, or a spider, or a (insert monster here)... or a sword.. or a random inanimate object... or literally a girls breast idk man? but it's in another world! But it literally doesn't fucking matter and my rpg skills will give me speech, and a human form, and god powers in like the first 10 minutes... so I'm literally just a human? Eh you don't give a shit just consume product peasant"
orrrrr
"I was teleported to another world with the power to literally kill people with the flick of a wrist and everybody fucking hates me! Until they don't... in like the 3rd episode? We just have a fight and then everyone is cool with it I guess? W-wasn't I supposed to be an anti-hero? Hello? Writers? What the hell is the point of having disgusting powers if nobody judges you for it again?!?!"
you could just say you hate Isekai.it saves so much time compared to typing that all out.

I get not enjoying Power Fantasy but all stories have tropes Frieren which you mentioned liking is heavy on them even the 4 Heroes are walking jprg party tropes Vain Hero Drunken Priest Stoic Dwarf Curious Elf and Plotless? yeah that's also Frieren even when "arcs" start to happen she just goes back to wandering after there is no grand ambition to res the demon lord or stop an emerging new threat which fits the tone it's going for.

though I suspect your gonna hate the city of gold.

Nenélove

Demonic Root Vegetable
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
you could just say you hate Isekai.it saves so much time compared to typing that all out.

I get not enjoying Power Fantasy but all stories have tropes Frieren which you mentioned liking is heavy on them even the 4 Heroes are walking jprg party tropes Vain Hero Drunken Priest Stoic Dwarf Curious Elf and Plotless? yeah that's also Frieren even when "arcs" start to happen she just goes back to wandering after there is no grand ambition to res the demon lord or stop an emerging new threat which fits the tone it's going for.

though I suspect your gonna hate the city of gold.
I love isekai, that's why it makes me so passionately mad. :depressedtako:

Last edited:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Out of all the shows I'm watching this season, MF Ghost by far is the one I'm enjoying the most. It gives off all the cheesy 90s anime vibe that hits the right notes for me.

The expressions of disbelief, drifting, eurobeat blasting in the background, the callbacks to Initial D, and to top it all of the OP while not performed by m.o.v.e. but still has motsu in it is just

:kiarachefkiss:

Awoogers

Good god that's a sizable amount of Isekai and a notable amount of fantasy especially S-rank boukensha which is something Ive been waiting ever since

And especially romance ancient magus bride is something I'll always look forward to as well as the new ones and returning ones

I'm gonna eat that shit like buffet

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Good god that's a sizable amount of Isekai and a notable amount of fantasy especially S-rank boukensha which is something Ive been waiting ever since

And especially romance ancient magus bride is something I'll always look forward to as well as the new ones and returning ones

I'm gonna eat that shit like buffet
I could count the number of GOOD non fantasy anime/manga on like one hand. It really is stupidly uncommon when everyone in the know hypes Appleseed GITS Trigun BattlaAngel Alita and a bunch of others.

and Even less if you disqualify the ones that are Mecha Scifi not that i havea problem with them but theres so much more cool shit you could be doing in space. Space Dandy Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star all were great planet of the week shows which encompassed a shit ton of cool space stuff not just ROBOTS.

Again nothing against robots.

And thats not counting the nearly non existant "Grounded" shows technology wise which are mostly cars and cellphones.

Kalion

:)
Mechaheads, you might want to try out Bullbuster this season. It's about a small company who uses heavy-machinery-like robots to exterminate monsters. The main character is a huge mecha otaku and is basically trying to live out his anime protagonist dreams via his work. There's also a lot of office bureaucracy bullshit that anyone who's ever worked in a corporate setting will identify with.

It's a new age Dai Guard.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Out of all the shows I'm watching this season, MF Ghost by far is the one I'm enjoying the most. It gives off all the cheesy 90s anime vibe that hits the right notes for me.

The expressions of disbelief, drifting, eurobeat blasting in the background, the callbacks to Initial D, and to top it all of the OP while not performed by m.o.v.e. but still has motsu in it is just

MF Ghost is by the same mangaka and they all but used a move song for the OP. At least they know their audience.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Mechaheads, you might want to try out Bullbuster this season. It's about a small company who uses heavy-machinery-like robots to exterminate monsters. The main character is a huge mecha otaku and is basically trying to live out his anime protagonist dreams via his work. There's also a lot of office bureaucracy bullshit that anyone who's ever worked in a corporate setting will identify with.

It's a new age Dai Guard.
I'll have to keep that in mind; I have a lot of love for Dai Guard

Awoogers

So apparently the anime adaptation for the 100 girlfriends who really really really love you started

Fucking kino shit now I wonder how they'll do the funny panel
1696891181876.jpg

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Besides Frieren, the only other anime I'm really hopeful before is Apothecary Diaries. First episode is in 1.5 weeks. It's a manga/LN adaptation of a medical/crime/royal political drama mystery series; kinda like Sherlock Holmes + House set in ancient China.. I've read some of the manga and am hoping for a good adaptation. Apparently it won an award back in 2019 so it should be decent as long as the studio doesn't fuck it up. The main girl's voice is huskier than I was expecting and some of the cg looks a bit goofy.

Mehk

ZOM or Synduality Noir
The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy, The kingdom of Ruin, Ragna Crimson, and Shangri-La Frontier are, in my opinion, also worth picking up if you haven't. Dead Mount Death Play 2nd Cour came out this week as well.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
MF Ghost is by the same mangaka and they all but used a move song for the OP. At least they know their audience.

Yeah, me. Also everything I said in my previous post condensed in a 40 second clip

Awoogers

Besides Frieren, the only other anime I'm really hopeful before is Apothecary Diaries. First episode is in 1.5 weeks. It's a manga/LN adaptation of a medical/crime/royal political drama mystery series; kinda like Sherlock Holmes + House set in ancient China.. I've read some of the manga and am hoping for a good adaptation. Apparently it won an award back in 2019 so it should be decent as long as the studio doesn't fuck it up. The main girl's voice is huskier than I was expecting and some of the cg looks a bit goofy.

Mao mao is based so I highly recommend this one

I'm excited on how they'll do the banquet scene

Top Bottom