"I never said I was a holy woman"Amanogawa Shiina

The Anime Thread

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Yeah, me. Also everything I said in my previous post condensed in a 40 second clip

:kiarachefkiss:

i'm stilll upset no one has tried to do a Densha De D adaptation

It's right there guys if you want to knock off Initial D.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Yeah, me. Also everything I said in my previous post condensed in a 40 second clip

:kiarachefkiss:

Initial D is pretty fun, but I honestly don't think it completely works without the Eurobeat. And I don't think anything will ever quite hit like Initial D does to any car guy. It's up there with the 60s car movies.

i'm stilll upset no one has tried to do a Densha De D adaptation

It's right there guys if you want to knock off Initial D.

The part I love is this meme is ancient, but it's also completely escaped the anime scene. It's just one of the most absurd manga panels every made. I love it.

Nenélove

Demonic Root Vegetable
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Okay... I started reading the heavenly delusion manga and I gotta say this mangaka is pissing me off, not once, not twice, but like five fucking times, the MCs meet someone who can explain EVERYTHING and yet they have to either kill themselves or just fuck off without saying a word because if they didn't then the plot would end in 3 seconds and the whole mystery would unravel just like that.
I could bear with it the previous times but this last case is so fucking egregious and contrived that it makes me want to pull my hair out, I won't spoil but the one character who knows almost EVERYTHING just goes ahead and gets himself killed for literally absolutely no reason, he drops some info we already basically knew and then he just runs to his death and whoopsie doopsie I guess you guys have to wait another 40 chapters to get the missing pieces of the riddle you haven't been able to intuit already!
(The worst part is that the scene isn't even emotional or thought provoking, he literally just runs to his death in the most comical way possible and then gets like a single flashback and a cheap hero's moment and dies in like 5 seconds, I felt absolutely nothing)

That's a big problem I have with these cryptic, piece by piece of info type of stories, a lot of the time the characters just have to become mutes or morons so that the right people (and therefore the reader) don't learn the info they should be asking about and well I guess we will find out later! NO, WHY AREN'T YOU FUCKING TALKING?! WHY DID YOU SUDDENLY LOSE ALL INTEREST IN YOUR GOALS? WHY ARE THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW EVERYTHING SO TIGHT LIPPED?! DID YOU GET PAID TO GO MUTE?
The reason is obviously that the author doesn't want you to know this info yet, even at the expense of logic, so they keep cockblocking the reader to prolong the plot and therefore the amount of volumes.

This isn't mystery, this is contrivance for the sake of plot, that is BAD WRITING.

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Or you could just invest in reading something that interests you. I'm sure chainsaw man, jujutsu kaisen and even demon slayer are the next coming of christ on earth, but I don't read them simply because their stories just don't interest me enough. This is a lesson I learned about 2 volumes into Shingeki no Kyojin, the author had really no plan or idea to take the plot into.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Or you could just invest in reading something that interests you. I'm sure chainsaw man, jujutsu kaisen and even demon slayer are the next coming of christ on earth, but I don't read them simply because their stories just don't interest me enough. This is a lesson I learned about 2 volumes into Shingeki no Kyojin, the author had really no plan or idea to take the plot into.
i find it amusing that the plot of jujitsu kaisen could be summed up as the second coming of (kung fu) Christ on earth or Satan really Kung Fu Satan.

Okay... I started reading the heavenly delusion manga and I gotta say this mangaka is pissing me off, not once, not twice, but like five fucking times, the MCs meet someone who can explain EVERYTHING and yet they have to either kill themselves or just fuck off without saying a word because if they didn't then the plot would end in 3 seconds and the whole mystery would unravel just like that.
I could bear with it the previous times but this last case is so fucking egregious and contrived that it makes me want to pull my hair out, I won't spoil but the one character who knows almost EVERYTHING just goes ahead and gets himself killed for literally absolutely no reason, he drops some info we already basically knew and then he just runs to his death and whoopsie doopsie I guess you guys have to wait another 40 chapters to get the missing pieces of the riddle you haven't been able to intuit already!
(The worst part is that the scene isn't even emotional or thought provoking, he literally just runs to his death in the most comical way possible and then gets like a single flashback and a cheap hero's moment and dies in like 5 seconds, I felt absolutely nothing)

That's a big problem I have with these cryptic, piece by piece of info type of stories, a lot of the time the characters just have to become mutes or morons so that the right people (and therefore the reader) don't learn the info they should be asking about and well I guess we will find out later! NO, WHY AREN'T YOU FUCKING TALKING?! WHY DID YOU SUDDENLY LOSE ALL INTEREST IN YOUR GOALS? WHY ARE THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW EVERYTHING SO TIGHT LIPPED?! DID YOU GET PAID TO GO MUTE?
The reason is obviously that the author doesn't want you to know this info yet, even at the expense of logic, so they keep cockblocking the reader to prolong the plot and therefore the amount of volumes.

This isn't mystery, this is contrivance for the sake of plot, that is BAD WRITING.
IT is to an extent your correct but also your supposed to be engaged enough to let it pass no story is gonna hold up to serious criticism just enjoy the dumb ride.

But yeah having answer right there and the author deciding "no you don't get them" can fuck right off.

Nenélove

Demonic Root Vegetable
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
IT is to an extent your correct but also your supposed to be engaged enough to let it pass no story is gonna hold up to serious criticism just enjoy the dumb ride.
This reasoning is retarded and it doesn't defend anything in any story.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
This reasoning is retarded and it doesn't defend anything in any story.
Unclench. :SelenHAHAhere:

Sometimes you just have to enjoy the ride man.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Apothecary Diaries aired with 3 episodes out of the gate and I have to say it does live up to hype. I love the chemistry between the two MCs and Yuuki Aoi's voicework as Maomao fits her character perfectly.

Great addition to an already stacked season.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Another short anime from this channel:

46gumi

For those who want a good sci-fi thriller check out Pluto by Naoki Urusawa (Monster and 20th century boys) which got an anime adaptation released recently on Netflix. It's based on Astro Boy but you don't need prior knowledge of the series to enjoy it.

Last edited:

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
For those who want a good sci-fi thriller check out Pluto by Naoki Urusawa (Monster and 20th century boys) which got an anime adaptation released recently on Netflix. It's based on Astroboy but you don't need prior knowledge of the series to enjoy it.
Oh, nice.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
For those who want a good sci-fi thriller check out Pluto by Naoki Urusawa (Monster and 20th century boys) which got an anime adaptation released recently on Netflix. It's based on Astro Boy but you don't need prior knowledge of the series to enjoy it.
Urusawa is a GOAT and highly underrated, nowadays. I recommend reading all his manga, too.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

46gumi

These fanarts sum up the latest Frieren episode nicely

:whatastory:

Stunned But Dumb

These fanarts sum up the latest Frieren episode nicely
lmao, I'm so glad the anime got to this point. I was WAITING for this because I knew exactly what kind of fanart would pop up. Bless

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Freiren literally did an LTG

God bless this anime

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
What's amazing is watching the usual suspects go all "But Muh Coexistence" to the idea of Demons and falling for their bullshit the exact way people in the show are.
1699761162543.jpeg
Frieren is one of my regular reads ever since it came out two years ago, and this adaptation has been so fucking good so far. I can't wait til we get to the El Dorado arc if it keeps going.
1699761244289.png

Now we just need the Ranger Reject adaptation to fucking nail it too and I'll be super satisfied.

Speaking of adaptations of shit I love, is there anyone here who has watched the Helck anime that's familiar with the source material? How's it been so far.

Stunned But Dumb

What's amazing is watching the usual suspects go all "But Muh Coexistence" to the idea of Demons and falling for their bullshit the exact way people in the show are.
View attachment 55596
Frieren is one of my regular reads ever since it came out two years ago, and this adaptation has been so fucking good so far. I can't wait til we get to the El Dorado arc if it keeps going.
View attachment 55597

Now we just need the Ranger Reject adaptation to fucking nail it too and I'll be super satisfied.

Speaking of adaptations of shit I love, is there anyone here who has watched the Helck anime that's familiar with the source material? How's it been so far.
I remember these arguments when I started reading the manga too, those guys got filtered before the arc where it goes way deeper into the mentality of a demon. I hate "evil races" in stories, but adore the way demons are written here. I'm not watching (waiting for the season to end so I can marathon) but I hope to one day see that arc animated too because that villain is a top ten in my books

Never wonder why shallow, cliche stuff continues to be pushed, though

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Urusawa is a GOAT and highly underrated, nowadays. I recommend reading all his manga, too
On the one hand, I want to yell "Adopt 'Billy Bat' you Cowards!". On the other hand, I remember how hard other shit I loved (specifically Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer) have gotten their animes completely fucked so I'm kinda fine leaving it as a manga.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
View attachment 55596
View attachment 55597

I watched a couple of episodes of Helck before dropping it. I think the problem is it's too faithful you might as well just read the manga since the anime is not taking much advantage animation can give an adaptation which also leads to feeling like it's pacing is off.

legit one of the few times ill just say go for the manga instead.

Top Bottom