"♪ We aah za world...! ♫ AARGH! I FOUND IT! GET OUT OF MY WAY GODDAMN IT!"Inugami Korone (shiny hunting with Okayu)

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Horo7618

No one in particular

Negzana

Gee Ina, why do you get your own 3D Live but Kiara doesn't

:iryswooo::iryswooo::iryswooo:
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Guys who want a Big Tiddy Goth Mommy
2. Filthy liars
Pros: Goth, unhinged, SEA, nerdy

Cons: Tumblrina, might end up castrated in my sleep either for Tumblr or unhinged reasons could go either way, SEA but Flip

RiverBear

Cons: Tumblrina, might end up castrated in my sleep either for Tumblr or unhinged reasons could go either way, SEA but Flip
I'm not taking advice from the guy whose oshi is blander than white bread

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo

You forgot to include the negatives
:smugselen:

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
*my face when seeing more and more Shiori-cells being outed*

the-good-bad-and-the-ugly-stare.gif

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband

Even hags love hags, they are truly the best.

soap suds

TSB HoloNIJI Apex Custom announcement in some minutes.

Dingo better get his ass up or they're replacing him with Kotoka.

edit: He's awake now.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I don't think I saw anyone already post this, give me all the clocks if I'm late. But the part of the stream that made me tear my non-existent hair out was goth woman not knowing and mixing up famous non-weeb celebrities.

Sasha Grey? Isn't she from Attack on Titan and likes to eat? Sasha Blouse? Adult film star? Why do you know about her, chat?
Chat: Don't worry about it.
Lebron James? Isn't he a basket ball player but recently went kaput? Oh Kobe Bryant?
Asmongold? "Yeah baby!" Wait he isn't Moist Critical? World of Warcraft? Why would I know about..

She's the supposed archiver..

So following up on Shiori not knowing Moist Critical and Asmongold were different people.. she dipped into Nerissa's Terraria stream a few hours ago and they were talking about it. Apparently Horny Bird Woman also didn't know they were diff people and was also confused about Moist Critikal and penguinz0 being the same person..

Bug Eater

I admit Holostars EN with a voice changer was not an option I had previously considered.....
She would fit in perfectly, I thought we already established that all male vtubers are females with a voice changer. :mitothink:

frz

I'm convinced it is (or was at least) an investor scam. Before the Silicon Valley banks bubble burst you could slap "metaverse" on anything and investors would line up to dump money on you.
It's not that grim. It was their effort to circumvent SPWN and 3rd party sites to host their own concerts, which will also add the bonus of preventing early piracy. Not having an archive is ass though, but likely they will release Blu-ray version of the events. This also shown in the products, they have their concert working first and everything else is barebone extra added in. If it was an investor scam they would have dropped it and going AI by now. No investor gives a shit about metaverse anymore.

There is also the potential for free events getting monetized (e.g 3d birthday/ anniversaries) which will still be streamed freely on youtube but the holoearth will offer a different experience if you fork up money
AFAIK all the metaverse ventures that laincjed so far tanked spectacularly.
I don't believe for a second that Cover is gonna Succeed where Facebook didn't.
Facebook didn't success because they had 0 way to monetize their metaverse beside spamming ads on people's face. Their strategy was expand first then ads, but they couldnt even expand because they made a shitty product due CEO autism. On top of having an intial budget so high it's impossible to recoup. If anything Facebook's metaverse was the worst attempt ever at it, just because you add a big name doesnt mean they have any clue of what they are doing, e.g. Donald Trump Steaks.

Holoearth already has a form of revenue in selling concert and a dedicated fanbase who will consume it. People also floated around the ideas of gacha, concert super chats that they can monetize also . Or actually adding content to their "game"

They had relatively low cost of development, mostly on salary. Their financial statement state they spent expected to spend 2-3 bil$ on just holo-earth with around 55 employees on 2024? Its not a low sum but it also wouldn't kill the company, it's 1/3 of their 2023 profits, e.g. money that wouldnt have gone anywhere else unless they can think of the next vanity project or money that yagoo can pocket (which he wont)
Isn't merch where Cover make the most money?
Yes but merchs are also tied to events and
... concerts. And they do sells a lot more merchs during concert season. Whatever statistic they had they deemed it's worth it.

end note: one thing im worry about is that they will actually lose viewership on their concert if holoearth is not viable via mobile.

Last edited:

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Did any of you invest in Cover stock? No? Then why are you obsessed with them "wasting money" on uncertain projects?
46f.gif

Courtesy of Bau Bau schedule, we can pinpoint a big Advent announcement for the 8th.
who-else-is-excited-for-advents-big-announcement-this-week-v0-owxw7bk3l44c1.png
Outside chance of Advent getting 3D before 5th FES?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Bae hired HoloCrumb, Sana's former dedicated clipper to start clipping for her channel.

fortnitesmasherX

Anyone know what this Dizzy announcement stream is about?

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Lumi termination and expose on her crimes. Also Shiina will get sacrificed to chernobog with death by zug zug, and fishman will replace a seal on Pippas streaming tomb, delaying the final yab for yet another year

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
View attachment 58969
Na this is how its going to be monetized
Trough In-game currency to buy their equivalent of super chats but they are still working on it because the last time you could get some of these cosmetics and stuff for free if you played some minigames
That's a given. They will gacha the shit out of this

Did any of you invest in Cover stock? No? Then why are you obsessed with them "wasting money" on uncertain projects?
Because when shit goes south money-wise in a company shit starts to get cut. Maybe the talents wont suffer but other aspects will.

On HoloEarth, one of the primary issues Cover has is their dependence upon YouTube. Thus, they have an interest in building up a wholly owned platform. (They mentioned this in their investor presentation.) Now, they'll probably never transition any members full time, but if they can keep the costs low and build it up over time + add game stuff here and there it'll work fine. Especially once they get 2D + 3D user interaction. Or at least figure out a camera-based internal broadcaster for 2D viewers.
Having a video platform to archive their shit is nice especially for videos that might get fucked over by youtube copyright. Also having a place you can view concerts and lives in a slightly more interactive scenario also seems nice. Hope it goes well for them but the whole gaming aspect seemed kinda meh. Honestly get the fans to work on that shit they will probably come up with a better product.

TSB HoloNIJI Apex Custom announcement in some minutes.

Man I love Selen. Glad they unfucked her after coming out with taht retarded announcement that she wouldnt be allowed to run any more tournaments. This is her bread and butter and possibly what she enjoys doing the most.

Bae hired HoloCrumb, Sana's former dedicated clipper to start clipping for her channel.

Good. HoloCrumb was very diligent and produced good clips without all the shit clickbait and fake translation n shit the other infamous Hololive clippers often get themselves into. Good for him to get a second chance at clipping and possibly find some purpose after his Oshi quit.

Not sure but honestly I hope its some sort of Xmas vacation. That last stream killed me a bit inside. Someone give this poor girl a good Xmas and New Years celebration.

Clip tax from not a talent most of you know but she has her funny moments and im sure most of you will enjoy the clip.

fortnitesmasherX

Not sure but honestly I hope its some sort of Xmas vacation. That last stream killed me a bit inside. Someone give this poor girl a good Xmas and New Years celebration.
What happened? Was it Pippa suicide levels of bad?

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
Been catching up on some VODs from earlier in the week.
Skiddosaur did a collab with another dinotuber Honeysaur. Looks like someone from a "sketchy website" wrote an article on Skiddo.

Sounds familiar:smugpipi:
Skiddo and her dad (who sounds like a cross between Jeff Goldbloom and James Caan) are currently playing with legos.

Thank you for once again indulging my autism.
Hi, Skiddo, if you are reading this, I'm glad that you and the other dinotubers have been doing well this year. Keep on doing what you're doing. Also don't listen to people shittalking Pippa and Phase Connect in your chat, they're good girls that dindu nuffin!

Trexie played Monster Hunter with her sister, Mecha.

Throughout it she shows off a little bit of her power level, talking about how the feds know the "in Minecraft" trick and sharing Chris Chan lore with her sister.

Art:
honeysaur_by_3_lishi.jpgfauna_by_gukurosawa01.jpgsummer_by_hong_bsws.jpg
And some of Rimuurin's work:
priestess_by_rimuurin.jpgmorning_coffee_by_rimuurin.jpg
She's really been knocking it out of the park lately.

I don't want to alarm anyone but the Shioris are multiplying.

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
Kiara must've heard about the Ollie clip talking about the how she wasn't feeling motivated and raided into her anniversary stream and gave her a bunch of positive words. Orange women good

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
So, yeah, Niji JP are in the TSB tournament, too. 16 teams total

Top Bottom