"I am cringe... but I am free!!!"Azura Cecillia

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I know this is because of Kircshe and a volunteer's sheer arrogance that she can ban someone because of some tweets, But I don't think Offkai would reverse their blacklist because they already got Hololive, Phase, and other agencies and bot to mention big indies and Youtubers already on the lineup.
None of which had any problem with Kir, mind you. They are irrelevant to this situation. Fishman might have a few choice words in private though.
It'll be sour taste reardless of outcome now.

Not to mention their meet and greets haven't been publicity announced yet. This gives Offkai full opportunity to pretend they were never slotted or just ignore them fully. Should have waited for the announcement then pulled out.

That would be incredibly retartded of them. And Rev's whole shtick is being anti-retarded man of integrity.

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
If Kirsche was banned because she is an Edgy Culture war retard.... why RevsaysDesu wasnt also banned??

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
While I can respect their stance, a bunch of minor indies pulling out of Off-Kai isn't going to change anything.

Things will only change if some of the big players at the con start making noises.

USS IOWA

If Kirsche was banned because she is an Edgy Culture war retard.... why RevsaysDesu wasnt also banned??
I think probably because of Strawb, She was not political on stream and maybe they negotiated tgat they will come together before this mess has started.

Bronze

Runie's live with maid day stream

Nyana's live with Abi

DanishCookies

Proctor Edit: A little bit too close to the sun.

Also based:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
While I can respect their stance, a bunch of minor indies pulling out of Off-Kai isn't going to change anything.

Things will only change if some of the big players at the con start making noises.
Holo isn't doing anything unless the whole con is burning down, they couldn't give less of a shit if tiny indies are boycotting due to culture war bs.

Idol and phase are already invested so they ain't pulling out either.

The only one who's even potentially leaving is vshojo or some of the microcorps there.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Kirsch is a grifter and shouldn't be surprised. People care too much about this, if you are upset don't go.

Salado

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Kirsch is a grifter and shouldn't be surprised. People care too much about this, if you are upset don't go.
I'd say real problem is not even Kir or her content. Problem is, how and where they put the line? If they set clear cutoff point for political-ish creators from the beginning, then no one would question it. Your sandbox, your rules (unless your market cut is way too big). But as of now, director elaborately explained that there are no rules and everyone are welcome, but only until some random anons got ofended, then all your plans and promises go to shit.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I'd say real problem is not even Kir or her content. Problem is, how and where they put the line? If they set clear cutoff point for political-ish creators from the beginning, then no one would question it. Your sandbox, your rules (unless your market cut is way too big). But as of now, director elaborately explained that there are no rules and everyone are welcome, but only until some random anons got ofended, then all your plans and promises go to shit.
Its not about Kirsche being political so much as it's about Kirsche not having the right politics (or having the Right politics, pardon the pun). I bet that openly commie vtuber has no problems with Off-Kai con volunteers.

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
New kids know how too do bare minimum PR, unlike ceratain Harry

Rare Soy 3D stream, mic is almiost xbox

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Its not about Kirsche being political so much as it's about Kirsche not having the right politics (or having the Right politics, pardon the pun). I bet that openly commie vtuber has no problems with Off-Kai con volunteers.

Remember that Offkai has platformed Filian and the late, great VT_Rainbow in the past. They are provably okay with politics if the exposure is large enough (Filian) or left-wing psychopathic narcissists (Marina). I would actually be substantially less angry if Offkai had suddenly come out with a clear set of rules and standards for creators which Kirsche was clearly in violation of, because at the very least that would be saying 'this now applies to everyone'. But this is blatantly personal.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Remember that Offkai has platformed Filian and the late, great VT_Rainbow in the past. They are provably okay with politics if the exposure is large enough (Filian) or left-wing psychopathic narcissists (Marina). I would actually be substantially less angry if Offkai had suddenly come out with a clear set of rules and standards for creators which Kirsche was clearly in violation of, because at the very least that would be saying 'this now applies to everyone'. But this is blatantly personal.
In happier news I like your waifu's cute new outfit

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
smol dog is talking about the Offkai stuff right now. Basically saying she doesn't find it surprising at all and thinks it's extremely hypocritical and stupid.

Ballpark_Look

Everyone tries to paint Kirsche as ultra conservative, but her views are moderately conservative at most. That's partially her own fault though.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Idol pulled a Vshojo.

luv Lisa
I guess the "literally who" defence crumbles once you start collabing with some of the bigger and more well-connected names. Well, they know who you are now Kirsche...
For Offkai's sake I do hope they restructure how they run things after this though. Bending the knee and letting these people know they can get people removed if enough of them make a stink in the right ways will only embolden them to try it again. They'll ask for more next time.
It's not that Kirsche is an edgy culture war retard, it's that she's one that enough of the right people decided to fixate on. There is no consistency - not from the people looking for their target of the week nor the business people just wanting the complaints to go away and run their convention.

closedblas

Can't get banned if nobody knows you were going in the first place...

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Rev wasn't announced yet I bet if he hadn't pulled out they would have cut him as soon as the staff that opposed Kirsche and by extension the Twitter freaks saw the announcement

Holy shit this cover from Juna and this metal girl I'm unfamiliar with cooked
Edit: searching has informed me Inami Yoki is a former cyberlive girl

Last edited:
Top Bottom