"Serfdom doesn't make me horny, guys!"Clio Aite

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Is there even overlap in vtuber and basketball fanbases?
Yeah, China. It's been discussed on this board a few times already. It's similar to baseball in Japan. A bunch of NBA players go there in the off season to promote their shoes and the league in general. You'll notice NBA players are very politically active and have woke opinions on everything except one certain country lool

Kobe, Harden and Steph are legends over there.

edit: lol I forgot a few years back an NBA coach criticized China over Hong Kong, was quickly "educated", deleted the tweet but still caused a shitstorm cus the NBA wants that China $$. I know people are having fun dunking on Niji EN, don't forget that Niji JP is still a powerhouse, especially in the country Holo voluntarily left.

Last edited:

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Nyaru redebut in an hour

Personally I think this is banner worthy but that's up to the higher powers
Regardless,

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Conveniently timed after the debut of the dinosaur girl we have a rare stream from Phase friend Mister Metokur. Will he hold to his promise of doubling the length of this stream in order to cover the Rekieta meltdown? I'm not holding my hopes up given how sick he is but he is all but confirmed to be a lich that feeds on the misery of his enemies, so it's anybody's guess.
Some memes for the occasion while we wait:
View attachment 70544View attachment 70545
Restream waiting room:

Found this channel that uses AI to have Mikeneko sing various black metal songs. Listen with caution this may be an :unauthorizedmemes:

Phase's unofficial video essayist giving his state of the union speech. He just name dropped us and is currently talking about Jim's influence on the company's popularity.

Art:
View attachment 70539View attachment 70540View attachment 70542View attachment 70541 View attachment 70543
There is criminally little Lira fan art.

Mike likes that foreigners love her screams but she will never sing other genre that isnt J-Pop/Rock because thats it what she singed all her life

This is her most recent Cover as an example

Last edited:

Arznbae

wtf is happening

Found this channel that uses AI to have Mikeneko sing various black metal songs. Listen with caution this may be an :unauthorizedmemes:

Yo those Burzum covers slap:loading:

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Fun evening, Doki's Wrestletuber 2024 Day 1 in 1.5 hours, then Bladerunner 1982 watchalong with Goth Scissor Woman in 4.5 hours :kroheart:
1 hr 57 min version if anyone needs to procure a copy.

Simp

Birds and Worms. In about 7 hours from this post.

GayKusa

Early Adopter
Fucking hell, she is so pale I had to adjust my monitor settings. Orange woman pretty cute.
Remember
during her school years, she got made fun of for being so white
In an austrian school
She is the most white woman in HoloEN and I refuse to believe otherwise

Man... Will you still be watching vtubers in 26 years, inmates? Will you still be following your oshi?
that timespan is incomprehensible to me
that is a few years longer than I have been alive

but, let's assume that the future is rosy :hope: (it isn't) and that nothing bad ever happens and that nobody graduates and that Hololive remains YAB-free, it should be possible

I have friends who have been fans of the same football club for decades, so why can't I be a fan for something else for just as long?

I only got into Vtubers around the time of Myth debuts in 2020, but I still feel like such an oldfag in this hobby already
Time moves weird and fast in this rabbit hole.

At first, I thought Vtubers were just my new seasonal autistic obsession, and that I would drop it in due time. But I didn't, Hololive kept making me come back, kept giving me events I wanted to see and soon enough, I fell deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole. Even after the honeymoon phase at the beginning, I kept on watching.
That's because every now and then, to this day, there is the one occasional event or stream that inspires just as much joy and happiness in me as back then, during the Honeymoon phase. Maybe even mixed with new emotions like pride, because now the events aren't just a thing that happens, but I got to watch the evolution up to that point as well. The Idols journey is one hell of a drug; I might have a favorite streamer, but I cheer for all of Hololive to make it to the Budokan.

That's the great thing about Hololive to me: The magic isn't gone

These days, I watch less streams than even just 1 year ago, but still, I have not and don't see myself quitting this hobby. I still watch my oshi on the regular and even on days that I don't, I still pretty much at least watch 5-8 clips a day that youtube feeds me. Also, I still am on this forum almost every day. At this point, watching Vtubers or just engaging in something vtuber related has become part of my routine.
And I feel like unless something bad happens to me or Hololive, something that has become part of my life and my routine to such an extent, I totally see me carrying that with me for a few more years

all to say,

:sanasmile:HOLOLIVE LOVE:sanasmile:
I wrote this whole thing new, I had an earlier version that reads more coherently, but I accidentally left the page and the draft was gone, but whatever, its fine

Netscaper

Early Adopter
Nyaru redebut in an hour

Personally I think this is banner worthy but that's up to the higher powers
Regardless,

Adding the twitch link if that is more your thing:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20240525_185939_Twitch.png
Yes twitch, I am sure the 6 month plan is the popular one.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
View attachment 70556
Yes twitch, I am sure the 6 month plan is the popular one.
Just FYI, for those that don't know, DO NOT SUB ON MOBILE. It is literally more expensive because Twitch offloads the cost of the Google Playstore/Apple Appstore to the user lol.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Man... Will you still be watching vtubers in 26 years, inmates? Will you still be following your oshi?
YouTube didn't exist 20 years ago. It's a question that's so far out of scope it's impossible to answer. I don't think there were any real online video series 26 years ago. Red vs Blue only started in 2003. Homestar Runner was first published online right at the start of the millennium in 2000. The entire genre not just of vtubers, not just of streamers, not just of YouTube, not just of online video, not just of online content like flash animations... was just barely off the ground 26 years ago.

26 years ago in 1998, I was playing old 1990s games on my dad's computer and looking at reviews of Starcraft in magazines. Digimon Adventure, which was the first anime I actually watched (and did so on television), was released in Japan in 1999 and had a shockingly quick localization, airing in 1999/2000 in North America. We weren't even in the era of sharing around burned CDs of pirated anime. Bittorrent wasn't invented until 2001.

Sure, maybe everything has calcified and I'll still be watching the same people in 2050, but I fucking doubt it. We're still in the middle of a media transformation that will be remembered as a whole as an entire era in 150 years. Vtubers are just a tiny part of that.

e: But hey, if I make it 10 years with any of my current favorites, that'll be 10 years well spent.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Remember
In an austrian school

that timespan is incomprehensible to me
that is a few years longer than I have been alive

but, let's assume that the future is rosy :hope: (it isn't) and that nothing bad ever happens and that nobody graduates and that Hololive remains YAB-free, it should be possible

I have friends who have been fans of the same football club for decades, so why can't I be a fan for something else for just as long?

I only got into Vtubers around the time of Myth debuts in 2020, but I still feel like such an oldfag in this hobby already
Time moves weird and fast in this rabbit hole.

At first, I thought Vtubers were just my new seasonal autistic obsession, and that I would drop it in due time. But I didn't, Hololive kept making me come back, kept giving me events I wanted to see and soon enough, I fell deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole. Even after the honeymoon phase at the beginning, I kept on watching.
That's because every now and then, to this day, there is the one occasional event or stream that inspires just as much joy and happiness in me as back then, during the Honeymoon phase. Maybe even mixed with new emotions like pride, because now the events aren't just a thing that happens, but I got to watch the evolution up to that point as well. The Idols journey is one hell of a drug; I might have a favorite streamer, but I cheer for all of Hololive to make it to the Budokan.

That's the great thing about Hololive to me: The magic isn't gone

These days, I watch less streams than even just 1 year ago, but still, I have not and don't see myself quitting this hobby. I still watch my oshi on the regular and even on days that I don't, I still pretty much at least watch 5-8 clips a day that youtube feeds me. Also, I still am on this forum almost every day. At this point, watching Vtubers or just engaging in something vtuber related has become part of my routine.
And I feel like unless something bad happens to me or Hololive, something that has become part of my life and my routine to such an extent, I totally see me carrying that with me for a few more years

all to say,

:sanasmile:HOLOLIVE LOVE:sanasmile:
I wrote this whole thing new, I had an earlier version that reads more coherently, but I accidentally left the page and the draft was gone, but whatever, its fine
This guy gets it.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
which one of wemi's ASMRs got the youtube strike for sexual content?

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
YouTube didn't exist 20 years ago. It's a question that's so far out of scope it's impossible to answer. I don't think there were any real online video series 26 years ago. Red vs Blue only started in 2003. Homestar Runner was first published online right at the start of the millennium in 2000. The entire genre not just of vtubers, not just of streamers, not just of YouTube, not just of online video, not just of online content like flash animations... was just barely off the ground 26 years ago.

26 years ago in 1998, I was playing old 1990s games on my dad's computer and looking at reviews of Starcraft in magazines. Digimon Adventure, which was the first anime I actually watched (and did so on television), was released in Japan in 1999 and had a shockingly quick localization, airing in 1999/2000 in North America. We weren't even in the era of sharing around burned CDs of pirated anime. Bittorrent wasn't invented until 2001.

Sure, maybe everything has calcified and I'll still be watching the same people in 2050, but I fucking doubt it. We're still in the middle of a media transformation that will be remembered as a whole as an entire era in 150 years. Vtubers are just a tiny part of that.

e: But hey, if I make it 10 years with any of my current favorites, that'll be 10 years well spent.
:holohag::hololove:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
1716676768438.png
Nice job grifter, flashing dong on twitch

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Nice job grifter, flashing dong on twitch
I Remember when cyberpunk came out there was plenty of dickflash on twitch, i thought it was now allowed as long as its not sexual in any way. Im talking my ass off right now so dont take my word for it.

In other news. Wrestletuber starts in less than 15min.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Remember
In an austrian school
Pure 100% Bavarian phenotype

DanishCookies

1 hr 57 min version if anyone needs to procure a copy.
Blade.Runner.1982.Final.Cut.1080p.BluRay.x265-RARBG

Not a high quality rip but come on you're going to watch this while a woman yap in the background you never cared about the quality in the first place

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I Remember when cyberpunk came out there was plenty of dickflash on twitch, i thought it was now allowed as long as its not sexual in any way. Im talking my ass off right now so dont take my word for it.

In other news. Wrestletuber starts in less than 15min.

Considering the demographics of the participants as a whole, isn't it a little weird that she completely surrounded herself with men? :ameliaThink:
1716678113011.png

Top Bottom