"Brazil country of the sun live in its light. EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS"Pipkin Pippa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Stunned But Dumb

Salado

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(

httn

Hag enthusiast
Suddenly we have some Tsundream merch. If you want some Lisa merch that will ship faster than jewcorp might be worth a look. Oh and chibi live2d models.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Koronesuki

X-Potato
For example, ESL question here, related to this:

I always thought "debate" involves several opposed parties and is a formal thing, but I've seen it used a lot in a place of "choosing between options", like deciding. Is it a recent thing or was it always used like that in more casual manner?

You're right; it's not really a correct usage. IRyS doesn't have the best English vocabulary (she's mentioned that living in Japan for so long has caused it to atrophy), but in this case it's not really her fault because a lot of people use it incorrectly.
Muyu is the ultimate EN sadgirl. :achansasuga:
Always has been.

The YouTube algorithm recommended this to me:

I thought that the inmates here would enjoy it.

Salado

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband
You're right; it's not really a correct usage. IRyS doesn't have the best English vocabulary (she's mentioned that living in Japan for so long has caused it to atrophy), but in this case it's not really her fault because a lot of people use it incorrectly.
Is there really such a thing as "correct" usage tho? If everyone understands what you mean by writing a certain word in a certain context and enough people start using it in that context too, does it not also gain that meaning?
edit:
Oxford seems to agree that it is correct in that usage

Last edited:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Juniper Heartstrings playing Minecraft

Alex playing TF2

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Suddenly we have some Tsundream merch. If you want some Lisa merch that will ship faster than jewcorp might be worth a look. Oh and chibi live2d models.

2f03227f-b25d-4751-bc34-6acb43e3d1d5.png

:Vesper-SEEEX!:

Limkin

Is there really such a thing as "correct" usage tho? If everyone understands what you mean by writing a certain word in a certain context and enough people start using it in that context too, does it not also gain that meaning?
Considering it was originally posted because there was a confusion in trying to understand what she meant, no, not everyone understands it. If there is no change in context or the word itself, maybe just stick to it's original meaning instead of trying to force a new one

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Considering it was originally posted because there was a confusion in trying to understand what she meant, no, not everyone understands it. If there is no change in context or the word itself, maybe just stick to it's original meaning instead of trying to force a new one
True autism hours when people get into discussing how retarded was the grammar of an ESL woman

Stunned But Dumb

I'm very excited to see the results of the asylum's debate on the word "debate"

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
edit:
Oxford seems to agree that it is correct in that usage
This board is more ESL than IRyS, obviously. That is an EXTREMELY common usage of the word, probably more common than the ‘formal debate’ meaning.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
NEW AMI MERCH and the rest of tsundream whatever

It was supposed to release two years ago, but whoops Tsunderia is a piece of shit lmao

kingcaid

After spending 2 hours trying to decide what she wanted to stream today, Khubie is attempting to play fighting games today and causing my brain to hurt.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Why can't Hololive members take the autism test, besides being worried that Phase Connect members will outperform them for the first time ever?
  • Brands might take it the wrong way
  • People on twitter will riot because "making fun of mental health reeeeeee"
  • People on reddit will riot because "making fun of mental health reeeeeee"
  • Dramafags will probably find some way to profit off of it by turning it into drama
  • Some fans/artists which actually contribute (game devs, musicians, artists) might take issue with it and stop contributing to the brand
  • Holo generally only does risque content when it relates to horniness/degeneracy, they don't touch politics/religion/irl drama like crime or drugs, mental health is a massive taboo in japan
  • Shitstirrers and sisters WILL try to take it out of context and blow it out of proportion
  • More normalfags like shizzy WILL use it to decry Holo as evil
Those are the reasons I can think of, when you've got everyone's eyes on you, you definitely loose a lot of freedom and any mistakes can fuck with the jobs and livelihoods of a lot more people. Maybe it would result in a total nothingburger, heck I myself think I sound silly writing this BS, but nobody predicted Coco saying Taiwan because youtube showed it would bring hell on fucking earth.

Salado

Mom Tiger is having a little trouble socializing.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
This board is more ESL than IRyS, obviously. That is an EXTREMELY common usage of the word, probably more common than the ‘formal debate’ meaning.
yeah I was gonna say, how the fuck can I know more about the usage of english than the fucking natives. Are the native english speakers here zoomers? because those are the one's I'd believe being extremely retarded about their own language seeing how shitty their vocabulary is.
In other news, I offer this video of the new jp clipper friend. If the translation is correct it seems the jp girls were scouted or at least memory was.

Top Bottom