"WATAH IN DA FIYA WHY?! WATAH IN DA FIYA WHY?! Ahh, noto understand"Inugami Korone

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Mumei is back home (for now) don't know if the for now means she will be going back to japan for the 3D debuts, or if she will be going to japan later on. archive

Last edited:

AmpleChip

Don't do it. I converted my youtube account from a brand account to a personal account and now it won't let me subscribe to a new channel.
View attachment 42459
The old adage applies: don't try to fix what isn't broken.
What's even the point of doing this other than unlocking gift subs? Saving 5 bucks a month from a gift sub is not worth the risk of YouTube fuckery.

I am Jack's...

-WATOTO- YubiぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽYubi, Bau Bau
I agree. I believe the Stars gets ample support from the management.
  1. Sponsors
  2. New outfits, at least the JP branch does. It's weird that none of the Tempus has gotten new outfits yet though. I wonder if Magni and Vesper's new model (which are now a waste) plays some role in it.
  3. 3D models
  4. Concert, but less than the girls, though some might consider that a good thing as it gives them more time to stream.
  5. Merch, though I heard that some of the Stars are starting to produce "template" merch instead of personally-designed merch, can anyone confirm?
  6. Advertisement. I remember Uproar being advertised on billboards all over Japan.
  7. They used to have their own version of Hologra but it was discontinued for some reason?

The Vesper and Magni redesign/update would have slowed down new outfits, same thing happened with IRyS (Fuck the IRyStrocrates were obnoxious, even after they heard she was getting a redesign)and Nene, they typically wait until the base model is set before wasting time on new oufits. So really Axel and Altare got indirectly/directly fucked over in all of this by Randon and Lando. This could includes their 3d models, I don't know where StarsEN are in the timeline for 3d.

I have always wondered how much members have to do, how much is company mandated and how much is personal project. Though I imagine big events are mostly mandatory, except there have been a few times members missed them for health reasons. But then you can do an Ame and sing an easy song and just shuffle side to side and the fans are still happy, which doesn't sound too taxing.

The merch thing is interesting, I thought one of the JPstars talked about it, but couldn't find it. If I had to guess it's safer for the talents in regards to sales volume, the more custom merch require multiple steps and more money to produce. Trying to look into, some random said they will get custom merch for milestones.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Me when I'm retarded:

The saga continues!
Apparently our friend the music-GOD commented this and then deleted it (when he got backlash) in some dramafag's channel (Got the info in /vt/ so take that as you will, I struggle to think this man is backing down already, too late bro but at least you tried)
View attachment 42476
This Yamanba can't stop digging.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
Yeah I'm gonna call bullshit on a lot of this.

Holo is not just a "join to play some games and rake in the dough" now, it is for people who want to do projects and have a passion towards some kind of artistry. You're joining a corporation, no shit it is going to have limitations. Going in not expecting some level of frustration is setting yourself up for failure.

I also call bullshit on the whole "Vesper had the worst manager" thing. I very much doubt it was any worse than any other talent had. Dude had trouble with authority by his own admission. I honestly don't understand why he thought joining Stars was a good idea, in the first place.

Frankly, this whole thing has rubbed me the wrong way. I don't see Lando or Randon doing anything now that they couldn't do in Holo, except for IRL stuff in Lando's case. Personally sounds like Randon was never cut out for corpo life to begin with and Lando just burned out and gave up and figured it would be easier just to sit on Twitch and play video games.
That's just re-writing history though. Just go back in time, they tried a bunch project streams, they had such a great dynamic, it all disappeared and then Vesper got suspended. I get it's hololive, but nothing about Judge Magni or Wheel of Tempus deserved getting banned by managers.
It's unsurprising they don't do big event streams because they don't have the hololive community anymore, but if you're not allowed to do creative streams in hololive, and you're not getting paid as well, why stay ? If all they're allowed to do is play games and free chat, they might as well do it by their own rules.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Mumei is back home (for now) don't know if the for now means she will be going back to japan for the 3D debuts, or if she will be going to japan later on. archive

I'm sure it's all pre-recorded. Mumei is supposed to finally be returning to Civilization Duties, so I imagine she needed to get back for school.

Limkin

The only thing I can remember about Holostars JP and financials is they actively don't want overseas fans giving them money as a main source of revenue (but I have no recollection what clip it was and who was talking about it, so don't take the following too seriously). In order to get sponsorships they need to have local presence and be talked about, they want to have their own concerts but without companies willing to pay for it it's not going to happen regularly. To get a lot of promotions from cafe, amusement parks, local brands etc that girls get to establish that using them as advertisement works, they need to have a lot of local fans demanding for this. And when 90% of your money comes from overseas none of this is going to materialize. So while it's totally fine on individual level for your personal income it will not help Holostars as a brand to grow and get bigger reach, leaving them permanently in the shadow and essentially fighting for scraps. This actually applies to chink fujos as well not just EN fans

Pyhf

So that Hololive DEV_IS released a new teaser video, implying it's counting down to an announcement.

The moonspeak is: 喜びは哀しみの倍 分かち合っていこう
Which Google translates to: Let's share happiness twice as much as sadness

Happiness twice as much as Sadness

Sadness is Vesper and Magni leaving
Happiness is 4 new Holostars debuting.

New Channel because they would be the Rival Guild for Tempus
(Or maybe Futuristic Guild as opposed to Tempus' Medieval fantasy?)

connected.png

OR

If I was going to spitball, I'm guessing the "DEV" implies developing... something? The underscore implies the title is like a filename, but the IS... fuck I can't wrap my head around that at all. We literally just got Advent, so it's not a girl gen, and if it was a new boys group they wouldn't make a new channel just to promote them, when they have the Holopro channel already.
:confusedshuba::confusedshuba::confusedshuba:
2 Developers within the company are debuting models a la A-chan and Nodoka
Twice the fun!

OR

That's not "IS", that's "I5"
if 5 = V,
then I5 = IV

IV = 4
ID4 really is confirmed!

View attachment 42165

ds
IDK, man. Let's just wait...

EDIT:
Was just watching Nerissa's VOD and had to do a double take
Screenshot (618).png

Last edited:

Avian Agricultural Refugee

Inactive account
The saga continues!
Apparently our friend the music-GOD commented this and then deleted it (when he got backlash) in some dramafag's channel (Got the info in /vt/ so take that as you will, I struggle to think this man is backing down already, too late bro but at least you tried)
View attachment 42476
Doesn't matter what this idiot does at this point, he's probably already blacklisted from working with any VTuber company worth a damn, maybe even beyond that if it went viral enough. Nobody likes contracting someone that then tries to take a shit on your reputation. Now he looks like a dumbass and a pussy for dropping his principles the moment they caused him trouble.
Hololive DEV_IS
Very bold of Hololive to give the Islamic State its own VTuber group.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Intense lesbian energy resonates from that photograph
Not really but she seems like the type to date really skinny guys and appeal to them with the whole dommy-mommy thing.

The first time I check her coomer ASMR content (don't really give a shit about her appearance) I'm not going to marry or date her. When it comes to ASMR, her coomer content is very good. Well produced, well scripted, and in the cases she does the multi-voice layering it really works to give you that fuzzy lower neck feeling you usually get from good ASMR. My main issue is that all of her content seems to be of the same type (domination) and it's not something I often like or go for.

I feel like she fucked up when joining PRISM and either didn't read the contract or greatly overestimated how much money she would be making as a Vtuber under that company.

Here's some minor drama that I found amusing: BradTasteInMusic is a music critic who gained a significant presence from shitting on Demondice/Mori, and I recall him being discussed a bit in the homeland thread last year. He initially discovered her when a viewer sent in Snake Eyes (the "Jesus Jesus Japanesus" song she'd long disowned beforehand) to one of his music review streams, and he's since milked that attention by doing listen-along streams shitting over her entire discographies under both personas, and covers new Mori albums almost immediately after release. He has at least six videos about her on his main YouTube channel, to my count - with some of his criticisms of her include "appropriating black culture" (even though her music's obviously more inspired by Japanese rap than black rap), and in his video about her most recent EP he says her music feels soulless and manufactured, while his friend in the Discord call with him who likes Mori is still having to explain basic things about how the Japanese vtuber industry works.

Why do I bring this up? Well, he's now discovering that building your career off shitting on people attracts the attention of other people who enjoy shitting on people, and making digs at things that are popular in Japan encourages """Asian hate""":

I don't care to preach about "negativity" (even if pretty much everything he says about pink woman is either Twitter bullshit or musical pseudo-intellectualism), but it is fascinating watching him complain about his viewers doing the exact same thing he does, now it's presumably looking bad on him that his fans are review-bombing albums he's covered.

The last time I heard about this femboy he was crying because people were telling him that he looked like a meth addict. Not sure why the fuck people pay attention to him or what he has to say but then again you people seem to bring him up whenever he has a brain-dead take so I guess you people are part of the problem.

just how big was he before joining holo? maybe after his year there he just saw he was making around the same money while having to put up with his faggy manager and corpo overlords that he just decided to jump ship with magni. Same thing with magni, he seemed to have a large fanbase so I don't see why he would stick around if the money was the same and he already got what he wanted, friends that he can still talk to.
The other dudes don't seem to have a decent fanbase before joining holo right? so it would make sense why they would stick around.
Pretty sure he was in the 100-200 CCV range

It's not that surprising if you ask yourself the question of "What does Hololive actually provide for their male talents?"
Pretty much just the blue dorito exposure buff, but even that is massively diminished compared to the numbers a female talent expects. Only the absolute best can rise above the male debuff to reach numbers a female Holo could take for granted.
In exchange you have extensive restrictions on your ability to stream and create content even on a basic level. What content you make and how, what's acceptable (which can be a good thing, but can also be pointless) what games you can play has to be run by permissions managers who by now are infamously incompetent, opaque, and selective in their attentions. Moreover it's for regulations and culture that don't even apply to 99% of non-JP talents. Regular make-work meetings, typically on JP time, and work on "projects" that more often than not seem to go nowhere for the same reasons perms do, byzantine middle-management decisions.
The other biggest draw for a Holo is the built-in community of other successful streamers to cross-promote off and do events with, but this is denied to the males. A significant part of the audience is explicitly hostile to your mere existence, and the rest are expected to politely ignore you in most cases to the extent that acknowledging your "coworkers" or being acknowledged by them can be a statement and minor controversy in itself.

Lando was in the interesting position of having his RL persona be successful in itself, so he had something to compare the benefits to. And I don't think he was too off the mark when he called Magni a side job, one with a lot of expectations and a shitty uniform. Vesper gained in exposure but he ran into the worst of Holo management, so probably followed Lando's lead here or they otherwise fed off each other, and Randon has a lot of eyes on him right now and could retain those numbers if he plays his cards right. Male vtubers aren't that rare or unsuccessful in the indie scene, hell I'd say even Niji does them better than Holo on the whole, so why not make the move and no longer have to deal with the bs?
Pretty sure most of the other Holostars do this as part-time and they either have a main job/income source somewhere else. They have never been too big either other than Roberu and Astel. The EN boys have been a huge boost overall for the company. With them, a bunch of the JP talents got a slight bump in subs/memberships and by far when it comes to revenue the EN boys have been the biggest. Talking in numbers, they have done in 1 year what the others haven't in 3. Even the Tempus 2 boys seem to be doing better than their JP counterparts.

Yeah this is why i never bothered with Homostars EN.It wasnt going to work.The only reason the JP Homos dont do the same its because they are used to deal with Japanese corporation Autism.
The fuck you on about?

Frankly, this whole thing has rubbed me the wrong way. I don't see Lando or Randon doing anything now that they couldn't do in Holo, except for IRL stuff in Lando's case. Personally sounds like Randon was never cut out for corpo life to begin with and Lando just burned out and gave up and figured it would be easier just to sit on Twitch and play video games.
They can be more open and they can play whatever the hell they want. They do have a recognition buff now and even the bigger indies will want to collab with them so it's not all doom and gloom for them. The problem will come on What will they do with that buff they got? Will they let it run out and fade as they fade into obscurity?

At this point i think whoever wants to join Stars needs to know how hard its going to be.You had JP Stars for over 3 years as an example.
Its not about being hard.

i feel like they left because they didn't want to sing/make music, aka don't join an idol company if you're not going to sing or if you're not willing to perform on stage, i think they just didn't want any of the idol side and they could have joined a different group of people other than holo if they only wanted to stream.
Other than Vesper who still wasn't too comfortable with his singing, Magni did a fair share of karaoke. Additionally, they all were taking singing lessons. The problem wasn't the singing.

haha they didn't even air it

Called it. To fight back against the hate they got for last year they decided to overcorrect by nominating Gura (which most people mentioned) and letting her win despite this being her worst year (when it comes to streaming) because she has been MIA for the majority of it.

Edit: Holy shit the comments on the Tweet give my an aneurysm. Half of the people as mad because "They are giving awards to AI". The other are Twitch faggots that dont know about Youtube streaming. A few others are screeching that this is pedo bait.

You have to self-nominate, so the only way Gura was in the nomination list is if Cover themselves submitted the nomination.
EN management maybe did it or the staff heard all the bitching and moaning last year and decided to auto-nominate Gura

To be clear, Vesper made a very good decision joining Hololive even if he never intended to stay. He was streaming to right around 100 ccv as the orc, and on his second stream back he had over 1.5k, even if you assume all of the same people were in the twitch and YT streams. Even if he drops down farther over the next couple of weeks, he basically multiplied the size of his audience by 10. He also pocketed roughly $50,000 USD in superchats after YT/Cover's cut, plus whatever his cut of merch was, and made friends to stream with going forward. He effectively went from having to stream in his evenings after his shitty IT job, to almost certainly being able to make a modest full-time career out of it if he wants.

Cover has a problem with Holostars - if you join you definitely aren't gonna make "getting wealthy" money like the girls are, but you still have to live with a bunch of restrictions that some people are not gonna consider worth it. If they don't want people to use them as a way to grow their reach before going back to being indies, they should probably figure out how to lighten the restrictions on their talents, or help them make the kind of money that you absolutely can't say no to. Or just only hire idol wannabes - I suspect the reason that a lot of the JP talents stick around (besides a greater sense of corporate loyalty) is that they mostly seem to care a lot more about that stuff.
1.5 on a Sunday at a god-awful timeslot. I think he would've gotten more money under Hololive simply because of the free promotion. People tend to underestimate how big branding is for promotion purposes. The perms thing + revenue split + constantly having to tiptoe around what they say + overall lower audience than the girls all probably added up.

Last edited:

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
I cant post a single one of my twitch clips because the upload limit is so shit
PROCTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

DanishCookies

Me when I'm retarded:

The saga continues!
View attachment 42476
These types who value "labor", "industry", "pay" over craft is why the whole cesspool works like that. They are enablers of these cutthroat practices that the industry has imposed on them and that's when they go full tall poppy syndrome (unknowingly on behalf of the industry) on people who would gladly do passion projects over financial gain.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
The merch thing is interesting, I thought one of the JPstars talked about it, but couldn't find it. If I had to guess it's safer for the talents in regards to sales volume, the more custom merch require multiple steps and more money to produce. Trying to look into, some random said they will get custom merch for milestones.
Iirc the first whistleblower was Astel when he talked about it on his membership stream, then Rikka on his zatsu because it was around his birthday week. There's no english clip but there's talk about it on twitter because of the livetweet for said stream.
I also think it's their way to cut costs since obviously they're not being given enough budget as much as the hologirls do, as for custom merchs milestones I recall there were already such things back when they're still putting out merch on BOOTH (here's one for Oga's 40k subs+half-year debut celebration)

Which reminds me, the JP subunit they recently announced (which then gets overshadowed by magni+vesper graduation announcement) was funded personally by Rikka himself and they've been carefully teasing it for months up until now which explains why some fans are rightfully pissed about the timing for the EN announcement
They had a song release prior to the unit reveal too

The only thing I can remember about Holostars JP and financials is they actively don't want overseas fans giving them money as a main source of revenue (but I have no recollection what clip it was and who was talking about it, so don't take the following too seriously). In order to get sponsorships they need to have local presence and be talked about, they want to have their own concerts but without companies willing to pay for it it's not going to happen regularly. To get a lot of promotions from cafe, amusement parks, local brands etc that girls get to establish that using them as advertisement works, they need to have a lot of local fans demanding for this. And when 90% of your money comes from overseas none of this is going to materialize. So while it's totally fine on individual level for your personal income it will not help Holostars as a brand to grow and get bigger reach, leaving them permanently in the shadow and essentially fighting for scraps. This actually applies to chink fujos as well not just EN fans
This is mostly true and it's why they've been amping up local/JP-limited event appearances a lot more over the years, they used to have online fanmeet during the first years, then it gradually changed to offline meetup once the pandemic limitation was lifted up. Getting international recognition is good for exposure but ultimately Japanese corpo had their own bullshit way of running their business, which is why Niji seems to be a massive success in Japan even though their presence on the international market is just slightly below hololive

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband
I really cannot fathom wtf this even is. Music? A concert? An App? A game? A new gen? A music unit? The only hints we got was the logo of this thing appearing as an app in a phone so maybe it's some kind of program or game? They already have Holoearth and Hololy so idk what they need another of either.

You just need to look at his dumbass face to see he's just another frustrated wannabe that hides behind the "critic" label because he could not cut it as an artist himself. Of course seeing someone like Calli busts his nuts harder than C&BT, same as 99.9% of people that can't help but bash her work. If she was so shit, people would just laugh off her attempts and go on their merry way, but it's like the Wojak memes: NOOO you can't be an anime wigger and be successful; meanwhile she's like "Guh! C-man and lean, big ups! *Downs box wine while writing like 15 songs, scraps six and sleeps three hours before starting another stream*"

That... doesn't help at all.
If I was going to spitball, I'm guessing the "DEV" implies developing... something? The underscore implies the title is like a filename, but the IS... fuck I can't wrap my head around that at all. We literally just got Advent, so it's not a girl gen, and if it was a new boys group they wouldn't make a new channel just to promote them, when they have the Holopro channel already.
:confusedshuba::confusedshuba::confusedshuba:
Cover saw Idol gen 1 and are planning to show them how it's done with Hololive ISrael*

*currently under DEVelopment

Short

God Damn the Sun
Also I feel like TVA uploading all these clips to Rumble is going to accidentally inject that site with some actual entertainment instead of wall-to-wall too-hot-for-YouTube politics.
I make these clips unlisted, but I do have like 60+ karaoke and other stream archives public there tho.

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!
> People still going over "ethics on Vtuber journalism" or whatever the fuck
I'm just going to enjoy my doggos in peace.

GOTBB

haha they didn't even air it

I want to defend the "Idea" of GG winning being fine because it is not inherently a numbers game, but the opposite is a Kaela and I would be glad if Kaela won too.
The home of the Nostalgia Critic.
I watch a couple of Vtubers, I have no idea who or what the fuck nostalgia critic or awesome channel are.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
I want to defend the "Idea" of GG winning being fine because it is not inherently a numbers game, but the opposite is a Kaela and I would be glad if Kaela won too.

I watch a couple of Vtubers, I have no idea who or what the fuck nostalgia critic or awesome channel are.
AKA That Guy with the Glasses. He is a critic that makes fun of bad movies from his growing up years. Used to be a big thing back in the day. The schtick got old. Like Critical Drinker, but far less funny.

Top Bottom