"I'm die. Thank you fow-evah"Inugami Korone

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

Orcfather playing some Blacker Basement.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Not-Username

Dunno. The Holo Alt manga we got featured Fubuki and Mio for the first one, and Choco, Lamy, Shion, Towa & Mel for the second one.

It's just that judging by how little people talk about them, they weren't very popular.

Probably because they weren't any good.

The manga did that.

It flopped.
Anything to back that up?
No the westerners not talking "enough" about it is not a valid metric

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Lol it's the typical /vt/ "We didn't like it so nobody does". Holo is still releasing these things btw, so I guess they must see something in it.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
The first step to fixing a problem is to admit having it.

I'm afraid that Suisei isn't fixing her gacha addiction anytime soon.

She is, however, a top tier chuuni:

I mean, it's the only metric I have. Unfortunately I'm not privy to Cover's traffic statistics.

Though looking at the publishing dates for the chapters, it's ongoing. So it's less that Holo Alt has been ditched and more than it's so far in the background people think it's been ditched even though it's as alive as Pekora's monkey.

I concede that these metrics aren't hard ones, but keeping in mind that this conversation started with people assuming that Hololive Alternative is dead altogether...

Though I do stand by them not being good. They couldn't possibly be more forgettable fantasy.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
The first step to fixing a problem is to admit having it.

I'm afraid that Suisei isn't fixing her gacha addiction anytime soon.

She is, however, a top tier chuuni:

I mean, it's the only metric I have. Unfortunately I'm not privy to Cover's traffic statistics.

Though looking at the publishing dates for the chapters, it's ongoing. So it's less that Holo Alt has been ditched and more than it's so far in the background people think it's been ditched even though it's as alive as Pekora's monkey.

I concede that these metrics aren't hard ones, but keeping in mind that this conversation started with people assuming that Hololive Alternative is dead altogether...

Though I do stand by them not being good. They couldn't possibly be more forgettable fantasy.

this is the same woman who got 2 credit cards maxed on one sitting from whaling ensemble stars so yeah no fixing this one

Horo7618

No one in particular
Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Honestly I don't mind Fuwa's sis con complex if Moco continues to combat it and call her out for it

Moco: "I'm not like my older sister I'm a good person"

And now away from that degenerate blue dog
Airi "I can't sing" Chisaka smashes a Shaman King cover

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I mean i get what your saying but also thats not what people are reading these for its just us lore weirdo's.

It's gonna be the most safe saccharine thing even if they did follow character lore. At best we can hope it's well animated and that maybe it draws upon the talents themselves for examination rather then cramming them into moral of the week.

Bumbling Fat Moron

Not As Spooky as a Still Image Ghost

Very off-topic (unless brought up by calli or something) but my All-Star Oshi has passed....

Pioneer

Limkin

this is the same woman who got 2 credit cards maxed on one sitting from whaling ensemble stars so yeah no fixing this one
And if I am not confusing games Elira got a second job while she was in Japan that she spent all the income from purely on the gacha there

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

Very off-topic (unless brought up by calli or something) but my All-Star Oshi has passed....

yah dude drank himself to death after his 6 month old died of cancer

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
>Every single streamer: STARFIELD BABY WOOOOOOO
>Based princess: Bethesda is gay

Captura de pantalla 2023-09-04 140049.png

Charlemagne

The Eternal Lurker
FUCKING HELL ANIMATION STUDIOS...

WHY WON'T YOU MAKE A HOLOLIVE ANIME ALREADY!?!?
I feel like a Hololive manga would be a lot more reasonable to make than an anime (genre wouldn't matter, but I think SoL would sell the best). It would avoid the issue of VA if a yab or graduation happened and would go over well considering how many people seem to want one.

Dunno. The Holo Alt manga we got featured Fubuki and Mio for the first one, and Choco, Lamy, Shion, Towa & Mel for the second one.

It's just that judging by how little people talk about them, they weren't very popular.

Probably because they weren't any good.

The manga did that.

It flopped.
I wouldn't say it flopped since they're still being made, but it has gone under the radar at least in the west. If I had to guess it's probably because if I remember right, they have that Iger guy (The Matsuri simp) running the EN version of the site and is in charge of the manga translations, meaning it's pretty slow to get translated. It's only natural that Holo's western audience is geared more towards the fan comic/animations that get put out regularly in English than a manga that doesn't have a consistent translation schedule (which is sad since they're not that bad).

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
My favorite HoloAlt content was still the trailer that includes every branch:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
And if I am not confusing games Elira got a second job while she was in Japan that she spent all the income from purely on the gacha there
yeah i also remember hearing about that one

and same game too

Johnny Jambalaya

BlueSharkTV alt account
Early Adopter
Ward Security

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Watame is premiering another "Have A Nice Day" episode (where she travels or does something fun with a guest). It's so Watame to try and put the spotlight on an indie 2-view that I've never seen before.

Top Bottom