"You made this Make-a-Wish kid very happy!"IronMouse

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Not-Username

The doggos finally finished moving into their Japan house earlier :shubaIapprob:

They'll be talking about it more tomorrow but currently, they're doing an 800k Suika Game "endurance."

"Endurance" because they reached it in only 40 minutes.
View attachment 67880

That place doesn't sound furnished though

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
I'm very doubtful about how successful the prospective Holo card game will be.

The first problem is that the card autists are already heavily invested in their crack of choice already. They've invested so much resources in collecting cards as well as learning strategies, combos and practicing the game. Childhood nostalgia is a hell of a thing, and so is the sunk cost fallacy. Some of these TCG fans might be Hololive/Holostar fans and might buy some packs or a box of cards for something different, but more in the view of a temporary fad they'll try before going back to their main TCG money and time sink.

The other problem is that it will have a very niche appeal. You have to specifically like Holo Vtubers and want to spend hundreds of dollars to want to get invested in the card collecting. If you just want cute anime girls and/or cool anime guys, games like Yugioh, Weiss-Schwartz, and Pokemon are already taking care of you pretty well. And that very niche appeal means you're going to struggle to do the other part of a TCG, which is playing a game, because that's a two-player activity, and you'd need to find someone else who fits into that autistic venn diagram that you do. Without many people to play against, I don't see the game lasting long-term.

They should have just stuck to the Weiss-Schwarz collabs and raked in the licencing money instead.
Nobody that buys Holo Cards from Weiss plays the game
They just collect it
One signed Suisei card is worth more than a box and one of Coco,Mel and Rushia is even more
I read the full article and here is what stand out for me:
■ About hololive OFFICIAL CARD GAME
This is a new TCG planned and developed by Cover Corporation.
Featuring newly drawn illustrations as well as ILLUSTRATIONS PREVIOUSLY CREATED, the game offers content that can be enjoyed as a COLLECTION, appealing to a wide range of fans, including both Hololive fans and TCG users.
This product is supported by Bushiroad for SALES and operation cooperation and is planned to be sold at toy specialty stores, department stores, mass retailers' toy sections, online shops, TCG specialty stores, and our official online shop "hololive production OFFICIAL SHOP (https://hololive.hololivepro.com/goods)" nationwide.

Furthermore, we plan to hold events such as experience sessions, workshops, and official tournaments in the future, so please look forward to further updates.

They are aware that this game can also be enjoyed by people that just want to collect cards

Bronze

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

GayKusa

Early Adopter

Thoughts? Im taking Shiori that way i wont be the only tard to not understand moonrune language.

I will sit with Gura becaue that table is empty most of the time anyways

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group

Kalion

:)
easy solution, online game/client as a joint publishing deal between Bushiroad and Holo Indie, like the Cardfight!! Vanguard Dear Days game

if licensing fees are a bitch, they could follow a similar DLC model for individual idol themed accessories, card backs, deck holders, play mats, coins/dice/tokens - and that's before actual expansion packs, theme decks, and A.I. Opponents

the monetization writes itself, and since it's digital, it's an incredibly high profit margin for the niche userbase that would buy in
Integrate it into HoloEarth as a Triple Triad style thing like FFXIV did.

frz

The new setup is also much better from a practical standpoint, since she no longer needs a VR headset with cables, so that means she won't be breaking headsets anymore
in video "I'm using a VR headset" :inahungryl:
Also I dont think her headsets broke because of the cables more because she repeatly slam her self into the wall or throwing it on the ground constantly.

Clip tax:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Integrate it into HoloEarth as a Triple Triad style thing like FFXIV did.

hold tournaments in HoloEarth where the winners can face one of the idols in a round, get their cards autographed if they win against the idol, further incentivizing people purchasing the product

paid drafts of building decks on-site after pulling packs from a box, or modified rules in each tournament to build overpowered (or restricted) decks, etc. - plenty of variety in structure to choose from literal decades of TCG tournament play

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

braindoko

I couldn't help but remember this bit. Can we turn time back time? to the good old days~

Nowadays you click on any NijiEN video, even old stuff before the drama and this parrot femboy or other parasite dramafuck shows up in recommended. This one isn't even 1 hr old

Arznbae

wtf is happening
Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
goat who doesnt shill continuing her DDLC playthrough

interesting title there dena

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'm very doubtful about how successful the prospective Holo card game will be.

The first problem is that the card autists are already heavily invested in their crack of choice already. They've invested so much resources in collecting cards as well as learning strategies, combos and practicing the game. Childhood nostalgia is a hell of a thing, and so is the sunk cost fallacy. Some of these TCG fans might be Hololive/Holostar fans and might buy some packs or a box of cards for something different, but more in the view of a temporary fad they'll try before going back to their main TCG money and time sink.

The other problem is that it will have a very niche appeal. You have to specifically like Holo Vtubers and want to spend hundreds of dollars to want to get invested in the card collecting. If you just want cute anime girls and/or cool anime guys, games like Yugioh, Weiss-Schwartz, and Pokemon are already taking care of you pretty well. And that very niche appeal means you're going to struggle to do the other part of a TCG, which is playing a game, because that's a two-player activity, and you'd need to find someone else who fits into that autistic venn diagram that you do. Without many people to play against, I don't see the game lasting long-term.

They should have just stuck to the Weiss-Schwarz collabs and raked in the licencing money instead.
Meh, if it fails (it probably will) it will just be another pointless Holo venture. It is funny how much discussion this dumb gimmick release generated though :SelenHAHAhere:
Have you seen most japanese apartments? White walls devoid of anything, no furniture, a couple futons, cushions and maybe a low table if you are lucky, trash and cans all around, electronics connected to every outlet in the house.

Sporg

Nijisisters at it again. :magnicope: Guess that fake ass Scarle and Aster collab wasn't enough to fix their frail ego.

But in reality, Korone is just a very weird person when it comes to collabs and is rarely the person to make the first move. Her and Watame have constantly talked about collabing for years, but since they're both averse to making the first move they're always at a stalemate.
Korone didn't even have a one-on-one collab with Fubuki until the summer of 2022.
Just recently I was wondering if she and Nene had done anything together, and came across this clip of her pointing out that neither of them is really taking any initiative:

httn

Hag enthusiast
Join god's sleepiest spider for a midday ASMR. This time she is losing her social credit points and reading Winnie The Pooh.

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.
Nobody that buys Holo Cards from Weiss plays the game
They just collect it
One signed Suisei card is worth more than a box and one of Coco,Mel and Rushia is even more
I read the full article and here is what stand out for me:
■ About hololive OFFICIAL CARD GAME
This is a new TCG planned and developed by Cover Corporation.
Featuring newly drawn illustrations as well as ILLUSTRATIONS PREVIOUSLY CREATED, the game offers content that can be enjoyed as a COLLECTION, appealing to a wide range of fans, including both Hololive fans and TCG users.
This product is supported by Bushiroad for SALES and operation cooperation and is planned to be sold at toy specialty stores, department stores, mass retailers' toy sections, online shops, TCG specialty stores, and our official online shop "hololive production OFFICIAL SHOP (https://hololive.hololivepro.com/goods)" nationwide.

Furthermore, we plan to hold events such as experience sessions, workshops, and official tournaments in the future, so please look forward to further updates.

They are aware that this game can also be enjoyed by people that just want to collect cards
B8OKxpRCYAEwBSa.jpg

WHERE'S OUR TCG RIKU!?!?

As an aside, Anycolor's stock went down to 2437 today, barely closing to 2434. They do be playing with Riku's stock seeing as it has become a total joke. I feel for the investors who bought high but then again they remind me that I am broke so FUCK THEM ALL AND MAY ALL OF THEM SINK WITH RIKU'S YACHT STRAIGHT TO THE ABYSS.

GayKusa

Early Adopter
what happened to Artia recently?

There was that whole scammed by a chinese guy thing and then the chinese guy said he got scammed by her instead.

What ended up happening here? Was there any development there?

Zyklon Mag

I have no idea how the game will play or if it will be good at all but I am all for card games.
I just want to summon a bunch of holomembers while shouting
"I HAVE NO NEGLIGBLE IDOLS RIKU"

Huh, doing their own card game while also having Weiss Schwarz and Weiss Schwarz Blau? Interesting move, kinda wanna see how it plays differently from them.
Did some shitty deck building with my pulls and ended up noticing my pile of combo pieces didn't really work with the other gajillion combo pieces and I also set myself up for not being able to play half of them because I used all 4 of the colors (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow) without proper deck manipulation shit. Think of Magic the Gathering's color pie (Red, White, Blue,Green, Black) and how hard it is to play 4 color or 5 color decks.

I'm thinking I'm gonna restructure my Weiss Schwarz Holo deck to be a 2 color deck. Blue for sure, not sure if the 2nd should be Green for stompies or Red for burning.
Also please have better cardstock than mtg.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
what happened to Artia recently?

There was that whole scammed by a chinese guy thing and then the chinese guy said he got scammed by her instead.

What ended up happening here? Was there any development there?
i think youre mixing people up the chinese guy was eileen iirc

artia apparently was in the comments of that shit

Top Bottom