"Anus is also a butthole"Kureiji Ollie

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

God's Strongest Dragoon

I don't see parallels of the campaigns to leave Niji EN in JP, the issues you care about the JP audience does not.
That is literally what I just wrote twice now. Even if the rot found in NijiEN were to be found in NijiJP, it would take a cataclysmic event like their top talents leaving to change the JP audience's mind because they don't care about these issues.
Neither do much of the JP Niji vtubers, including the top talents that would need to "die" to change their mind.
Why would the top talents that make bank and receive preferential treatment leave? I never implied that was ever going to happen, I said if nearly a dozen talents in JP were to disappear, it doesn't matter because if they're not the moneyprinters.
while I agree with you that it's fucked I continue to be confused why you state NijiJP is not thriving.
The issue I'm making is that while they're the #1 corpo in Japan and their huge base will likely never leave them, their growth has slowed comparatively as HoloJP has seen higher growth. This isn't something that's an immediate issue for now, this is something that's an issue down the road if the trend continues. The big tell of this is the performance of NijiFes YoY. It was held in Q2 last year and they saw event revenue of 837m JPY. This year it was held in Q3 and made only 741m JPY. Comparatively their Q3 last year had event revenue of 429m JPY, so they moved their NijiFes into that quarter and only saw a 312m JPY increase when last year NijiFes produced 837m JPY event revenue by itself last year. Even if we were to assume that they killed all their other events for Q3 this year (which they didn't), that's still a ~12% decrease in revenue for their major annual event.

What about their promotion revenue YoY? That's stagnated from 1,206 to 1,223 YoY. Their livestreaming revenue has only increased by 15%. Their biggest growth was their commerce for 25% or 737m JPY and that's their lifeblood at this point. Meanwhile Hololive is growing substantially faster in all these sectors. You can't say you're thriving when you've been in 1st place for years and the #2 is rapidly gaining on you as you're making no new signs of substantial growth in the future.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Speaking of Pride Month, seems like Lia is already sick of June

Archive

Understandable Lia. We all know how you feel about them. Especially given how some of those Liacons were acting at Offkai.

:smugmoona:

Also....

GPCil0v-XYAA8k-EC.jpg

:loading:

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Understandable Lia. We all know how you feel about them. Especially given how some of those Liacons were acting at Offkai.

:smugmoona:

I dunno man, Rinkou "I didn't raise no gayboy Likers" Ashelia seemed ecstatic about seeing a fully grown man in her cosplay:

A

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
May be of interest, Sara Nagare gave a percentage breakdown of her YT income from May on her current Zatsudan stream (no timestamp because it's still going):
  • Memberships 42%
  • Gifted Memberships 37%
  • Superchats 14%
  • YT premium 4%
  • Paid Ads 3%
  • Superstickers 0.1%
  • Shorts Ads 0.0% (literally cents)
I guess this confirms my theory that nowadays the bulk of their income is memberships. If the memberships follow the pattern as patreon once you grab them, they will keep paying and forget about it until they're poor. That's why fags like jim sterling can coast on for years on that producing slop. The badge system also activates the autism and forces them to keep paying to show how better they're than the plebs. I'd love to see numbers but I don't think anyone will ever share them even for science.
Michi has pride and implied Niji would not have let her post about it as Mika rare Niji W

Edit: it's a bi flag

:vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:
I'll never get this need to tell the world you like to munch carpets like it's some sort of achievement. Good luck to her, she's attracting the worst fanbase she can by participating in this, I'll make sure to laugh extra hard when they shit down her neck.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Michi has pride and implied Niji would not have let her post about it as Mika rare Niji W

Edit: it's a bi flag

Scratch that Niji W rescinded

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Scratch that Niji W rescinded

Desperate to win back that EN audience, I see.
:whatastory:

I dunno man, Rinkou "I didn't raise no gayboy Likers" Ashelia seemed ecstatic about seeing a fully grown man in her cosplay:

A

She has to be careful with what she says there. There were possibly gay vermintide trying to sabotage things. I'm sure she'll deal with him later.
:smugselen:

Also, I forgot, someone brought Lumi the hat:

But...

Archive
:fishfry:

Also, Muyu live, singing now:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Anyone have the rundown on the Rye stream?
It was kind of a ramble but the main things I think were she's not going to be tactical girl streamer anymore. She may do some games like that and she's still cool with that crowd, but she doesn't want to be pigeon holed. I missed the beginning so there might have been something interesting there.
Clip Tax:
A man in a helmet has an un Seiso request at offkai. :vomitdrawer:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'll never get this need to tell the world you like to munch carpets like it's some sort of achievement. Good luck to her, she's attracting the worst fanbase she can by participating in this, I'll make sure to laugh extra hard when they shit down her neck.
She's in Vshojo what did you expect? That's their crowd.

SandyCat

Frog enjoyer
That's the question, is it a lady? Sometimes I question what I pay you for.
She sounds like a nasally woman to me
And you never paid me you keep telling me to put it on your tab:PomuAngry:

frz

:SelenHAHAhere: Short spammers really get no love for their blatant exploitation of the system.
Isn't nene the biggest short spammers in hololive. At least whenever I see her streams these days she's always in vertical. Polka offer the same just chatting content but on normal stream instead
Six months into the year and during the biggest EN vtuber convention it's a good time to take a look at the

State of vtubing
Hololive - Status quo, on top. Moving into the streamer realm (Aki, La+, Towa and more). Also reGloss x Niji JP collabs shows how much of a knifefight the industry is
Nijisanji - EN ccv/subs down, JP oblivious and thriving
Vshojo - still an asylum for disgruntled vtubers
VSPO - winning and EN this summer plus talking more auditions

EN
Phase Connect - still growing, Clara breaking out
Idol - poaching and accelerating now
Mythic - useless
Production Kawaii - treading water, no land in sight
StarsEN - hitting bigger numbers, especially the new gens. Can change the narrative and help JP. Large indies and ex-niji's are help them hit bigger numbers
HoloEN - move to Japan meta
NijiEN - in hiding...
V4Mirai - Dr Novae is the breakout star
VAllure - Riifu the anime vs Stronny the doujin... but YT culls both
vReverie - extended implosion
V&U - less U's now
Mythos - charlie voiced promo company - looks like a content farm operation
Wactor - now 910inc. IDOL ES's future
PixelLink - just debuted Gen 2, hitting decent numbers
Nexas - can this really work?!
Globie - feels like EN KemoV
Ex- Tsunderia/Prism - not forgotten

JP
Aogiri High School - clawing back relevance
Sony VEE - hanging on
VOMs - it's VOMs
Nanashi (774) - slowly dying, Chris why!?
Neo Porte - coming along, twitch meta
Kamitsubaki Studios - taking the "Brave group" route of random units and such
Re:Act - more idolish but also more churn
.live - Siro's back hurts
NoriPro - they are accelerating, 3 new gens this year
KemoV - Coyo's back hurts
AKA Virtual - who? yet their numbers are good

Beyond:
Plave (vlast) - could pop off and is on YT vs. Korean streaming platforms. Digital BTS
Reject gaming - CCR influenced. Toko pls stream on YT, I love you. Dtto, ditto.
ISEGYE - afreecatv...

Indies of note
Rica - still cute, needs new model
Mikeneko - still alive
Aoi - still apex
Chinami, Babu, Nemu - looking like the retired rainbow support group in JP
Delta - still singing
Love chan - sadness, why Kizuna
Hinata - prime example of audience drop off
Ui - insane growth that she is leaning into
Pmaru - it's all her fault
Kakushaku Rin - still has her voice
Peo - impressive JP/EN
Ririsya - hoping for more growth
Saine sisters - still cute
Morino - Schizo chan is doing well, good luck TVA

EN
Amiya - calm spider, similar numbers
Tomoe - hyper horse, same as spider
Doki - non-stop events, feel like her managers are working insane hours
Mint - healing ghost, Pomu numbers

Unknown companies
Neobaka - lots of growth,
MAHA5 - are they still alive?

Subs and playback info for this year

Let me know who I forgot or what you have to add
- Hololive - shorts became the meta, subs are getting inflated due to it, these doesn't convert into fans or live viewers. CCV stagnated despite high subs growth
Mel got killed, Laplus gone full Gura (only appears for sponsors), Shion announced full hiatus, bunch of health related issues (Polka, Nene, Lamy, Mio)
Hard to tell if Dev_is is a success or not, while they performed better than any other Holo sub-branch, they might have performed much better as JP7.
Holo also refused to release ID4 and JP7 and shift their main focus to holoearth/holoplus
- NijiEN - They have come out of hiding I believe but CCV are really really down, especially the girls, they are hitting 3-view status.
- NijiJP: stopped accelerating, only 7 debuted member between may 2023 and may 2024 who actually has good CCV, also got rid of some of the non-performing members including some first gens -> company's average CCV gone up 18%. Revenue going up, the company is inclining well in both revenue and stream stats, hardly stagnating.
- VEE actually saw viewer growth by alot, also got their hands in one of the 4 heavenly
- AKA virtual saw explosive growth but in the non-japan branch, mainly their indonesian homo. Gaijin market is seeing a lot of homo popping up and pulling high numbers, the actual kinda homo that kiss each other and do homobait. Neobaka is brazillian homo I believe?
- Some big 774 inc becomes indie, maybe add them in, idk how well patra and inaba haneru is doing. I don't think Rica is getting a model, it's been too long.

Edit: source of claims/ccv table.
Gaijin May 2024 CCV table

Regarding AKA virtual, they has been gaining more niche and attention in the Indonesian market, even slightly above MAHA5 (the other notable indonesian vtubing agency). Part of it is because:
- Debuting talents that are quite popular, including a former niji-ID talent (Siska Leontyne, now ONShannon)
- Being the one that handled JKT48V, the vtuber sub-unit of JKT48, which is the ID sister group of Japanese's AKB48 idol group.
The 2nd one kinda affects the attention since most of the weebs in ID are Idol otaku and the mix of idoling and vtubing just makes it quite popular, at least in ID.
Tbf JKT48V is fully female group while AKA virtual performing members are gay male. I really don't see how the audience overlap. With the exit of NijiID and NijiEN gay fuck like Vox losing popularity, I feel like this is the bigger contribution to their growth.
btw Harris Caine of AKA ID has 887k subs for people not knowing.

Last edited:

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
The aint been anyone I much care to watch these days on for quite some time so I guess I am obligated to shill Towa the last vtuber standing.

Do I know what it is that she ever streams? Of course not

Faceless Waifu

look at this cute emm I generated
Early Adopter
The aint been anyone I much care to watch these days on for quite some time so I guess I am obligated to shill Towa the last vtuber standing.

Towa pretty much just streams whatever games she fancies or trends. Platform 8 is them sequel to that Exit 8 game people playing a while back before, so she's probably jumping in to the trend.
- AKA virtual saw explosive growth but in the non-japan branch, mainly their indonesian homo. Gaijin market is seeing a lot of homo popping up and pulling high numbers, the actual kinda homo that kiss each other and do homobait, not holostars. Neobaka is brazillian homo I believe?
Homo this homo that, just say gay.

Regarding AKA virtual, they has been gaining more niche and attention in the Indonesian market, even slightly above MAHA5 (the other notable indonesian vtubing agency). Part of it is because:
- Debuting talents that are quite popular, including a former niji-ID talent (Siska Leontyne, now ONShannon)
- Being the one that handled JKT48V, the vtuber sub-unit of JKT48, which is the ID sister group of Japanese's AKB48 idol group.

The 2nd one kinda affects the attention since most of the weebs in ID are Idol otaku and the mix of idoling and vtubing just makes it quite popular, at least in ID.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Jesus that intro :shiinastare: Sasuga doujin Vtuber
And on the opposite side of the spectrum Asmion's daughter Kasii has a birthday and news

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
And you never paid me you keep telling me to put it on your tab:PomuAngry:
Oy vey, I told you I'd pay you, besides why do you need to be paid, really you should be honored to do the job for the exposure, in fact you should be paying me. I'll have my lawyer send you the bill you owe me.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Daiya's on, get in here:

For those who haven't watched her yet, she's a bona fide yapper

Also, Jelly schedule for this week is up:

RiverBear

Laplus gone full Gura (only appears for sponsors)
1717384899005.png

Imagine being a femboy.
Laplus has been open about streaming on Twitch more because that's where her target audience/collabs are.

niggaphil

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
- Hololive - shorts became the meta, subs are getting inflated due to it, these doesn't convert into fans or live viewers. CCV stagnated despite high subs growth
Mel got killed, Laplus gone full Gura (only appears for sponsors), Shion announced full hiatus, bunch of health related issues (Polka, Nene, Lamy, Mio)
Hard to tell if Dev_is is a success or not, while they performed better than any other Holo sub-branch, they might have performed much better as JP7.
Holo also refused to release ID4 and JP7 and shift their main focus to holoearth/holoplus
I think shorts are converting to viewers a bit. At least, it feels like Bae's Asian fanbase (including JP) is getting larger to me ever since she started tapping into shorts. So far she has benefited the most with shorts in EN, from what I can tell.

Laplus does still stream, far more than Shion or Gura, she just splits her time between Youtube and Twitch.

Dev_is is definitely a success. Maybe not a smash hit like HoloX was, but they are definitely popular. Their sub numbers got nuked the hardest ever of anyone in Holo, but their CCV is just fine. At this point, I think the whole point of Dev_is was to be able to debut more JP talents without as heavy of the chuuni theming. That about seems to be the only difference between the main branch and Dev_is.

HoloEarth is definitely looking like a bigger and bigger waste of time if they continue to not use it for anything interesting, like more concerts. ID4 not being out yet is also a headscratcher, given how long ago they closed the auditions.

UncreativeVtuberEnjoyer

View attachment 71047

Imagine being a femboy.
Laplus has been open about streaming on Twitch more because that's where her target audience/collabs are.
it's such a shame that she streams primarily on twitch, because she is super fun but i really hate twitch

Horo7618

No one in particular
Why the off-kai floor looks like coom-stained.....?
That's just general otaku filth, they haven't gotten to the point of fucking in the exhibition spaces yet.

Top Bottom