"Wait a minute, I'm not a nazi"Pipkin Pippa

PIPPAPOSTING V2

RedRage

Thankfully she both thought about doing a make-up stream and then immediately dismissed the idea as it even got through her skull that she needs to rest her throat
I mean, most people by now know that her saying something like "Guerilla/off-day stream maybe" means no. :smugpipi:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
"That is my only source of entertainment." - Fat man sitting in front of sixty arcade machines.

lvl8

"That is my only source of entertainment." - Fat man sitting in front of sixty arcade machines.
Man children just collects shit. It's like those toy collectors who wants the latest action figures with shit loads of articulation but keeps them in box, because their value go down if opened.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
This thread has been renamed for the remaining duration of this stream so as to accurately reflect its' content.
:BijouBijou:

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Lmao. Now I find the Japophile retards even more pathetic.
most nonwestern countried do that
Jim just talked about how the cycle of most Internet content creation is 5 years, and unless you are extremely popular like PewDiePie or AVGN then you either start slowly tapering out, leave with dignity, or implode spectacularly trying to cling onto it forever.

We're on year 3 of Pippa... and she still has the Sonichu Medallion on her Roblox avatar, and called herself the Ralphamale yesterday...
:smugpipi::smugpipi::smugpipi::smugpipi:
We will watch the S.S. Pipkin explode and sink into the depths of failed vtuber corps. And decades later when I find an old pippa sketch behind my filecabinet, i will close my eyes and reminsce about a girl named Meat Pippa and wonder if she ever became a forest ranger like she wanted

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Man children just collects shit. It's like those toy collectors who wants the latest action figures with shit loads of articulation but keeps them in box, because their value go down if opened.
I'm sure we all collect something, but I just can't understand how you turn your whole house into a pile of crap while you starve to death.

This thread has been renamed for the remaining duration of this stream so as to accurately reflect its' content.
:BijouBijou:
How dare you take from the Pippa her rightful lands!

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Jim just talked about how the cycle of most Internet content creation is 5 years, and unless you are extremely popular like PewDiePie or AVGN then you either start slowly tapering out, leave with dignity, or implode spectacularly trying to cling onto it forever.

We're on year 3 of Pippa... and she still has the Sonichu Medallion on her Roblox avatar, and called herself the Ralphamale yesterday...
:smugpipi::smugpipi::smugpipi::smugpipi:
I'd have to disagree with Jim on that. My observation is that people that have a healthy life outside of the internet will typically have a much longer career than those who do not. Your opinions are influenced by those around you and your experiences, and if your life and all your friends are online, it's easy to fall into ideological echo chambers and gradually not be able to relate to a regular, general audience with regular, general problems. This is regardless of the popularity of the content creator.

Pippa is in a company with a variety of people from around the world that she has to get along with, which is good for not becoming ideologically isolated, and she's also maintaining a relationship with her parents who aren't online, another good sign. I think Pippa will be fine over the long-term.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
imagine not selling your magic cards directly to people via ebay and similar online storefronts, you would get more than from a literal card shark

(imagine selling your magic cards *period*, doubly so if they're from the nostalgia-era that everyone wants)

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
I'd have to disagree with Jim on that. My observation is that people that have a healthy life outside of the internet will typically have a much longer career than those who do not. Your opinions are influenced by those around you and your experiences, and if your life and all your friends are online, it's easy to fall into ideological echo chambers and gradually not be able to relate to a regular, general audience with regular, general problems. This is regardless of the popularity of the content creator.

Pippa is in a company with a variety of people from around the world that she has to get along with, which is good for not becoming ideologically isolated, and she's also maintaining a relationship with her parents who aren't online, another good sign. I think Pippa will be fine over the long-term.
I think I pretty much agree with you, yeah. Jim's opinion on the lifespan of content creation in those terms kinda falls apart when you realize Jim himself has been around just as Mister Metokur for nearly a decade now, and that's completely ignoring his Internet Aristocrat/Jim81Jim/etc shit, which is over 15 years. He would kinda fall outside his own rules.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
The problem with Boogie was that he was a gimmick vtuber, not too far from Fred or the Annoying Orange which dated his primary content. When you blow up like that its hard to adapt. Especially when he tried to lean into a good guy persona when he flatly is not so it felt fake

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Sven

Buy a hat for your hat might be one of the best marketing slogans in decades

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
What happens if I say no!?!??!?!?!

:kroniidrinking:
:kroniisubwayl:
:polkasticks:
Imagine someone starting as a vtuber that could pick any way they wanted to look, and they chose to look like Boogie.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
The five years thing usually applies in terms of being "big" (Boogie fat joke here), trends change, tastes change, most people have a drop-off. The difference is whether they're willing to accept that.

Some people can let their careers grow old with grace, they'll save money when they're doing well so that years later they can keep posting videos for an audience that's a quarter of the size it used to be while being satisfied and financially stable doing so.

Others indulge in instant gratification, like Boogie/DSP, etc., and become more and more desperate to maintain that lifestyle even when their income is a fraction of what it used to be. They're the ones you see sulking and begging to a point where they alienate all their fans, rather than just the tourists who've moved on organically.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
all boogie has to do is drop the "oh woe is me" that drowns everything he does, become an internet funnyman that laughs at current goings on, dancing at the money thrown at him by his viewers, and he'll make more of an honest living than he currently is!

if PPP could do it, so can he, wingsofredemption, reviewtechusa, etc.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Shades of the Rage stream.

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Boogie blocked Jim, how very sad.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Boogie blocked Gym.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
all boogie has to do is drop the "oh woe is me" that drowns everything he does, become an internet funnyman that laughs at current goings on, dancing at the money thrown at him by his viewers, and he'll make more of an honest living than he currently is!

if PPP could do it, so can he, wingsofredemption, reviewtechusa, etc.

I changed my mind, if the first response to this sort of criticism is to block, he wouldn't have it in him to become an internet funnyman

but the content surrounding him attempting to would be *immaculate*

Top Bottom