"bro Italians don't have feelings they're not even people, what are they gonna do cooka da meatball? I'm so sorry Panko pls don't cooka da meatball"Lia Rinkou

Pipprojects 2024

PhaseRPGGuy

So, here's version 0.1 of the Phase Connect RPG Maker game idea that's been bandied about on the thread. If you don't want to read the rest of this, here's the link: https://mega.nz/file/EDlEFSBb#asoeXoNaf2sA8lnryGtHg8ERIBTPZ1Np9ilsrDb9EDw. There's maybe five or ten minutes of content so far.

Here's some goals for the game, as I see it right now:
  • release in time for the third anniversary debuts (19 June)
  • have a game that's fun to play and watch
  • game can be completed in about three hours, or one stream.
  • have the initial seven girls from Origins playable (can expand to Invaders, Gens 2, 3, and JP Gen 1 depending on time available)
  • Meet Phase Connect fan work creation guidelines

The story will be fairly simple - Phase Connect girl gets summoned to another world, has to fight some evil thing and save the day before leaving. Pippa is the only character included so far since this is an early prototype looking for ideas and suggestions, and can be changed quite a lot based on feedback.

Now, I'm after feedback.
- Is this a decent idea, or does it need to be reworked completely?
- Any technical issues, such as how maps work and look, menus not working properly, events in-game not working properly, and so forth.
- What memes and references should I be including? I've shown a few examples of what I'm thinking of, that should be enjoyable callbacks to fans of the company, but I'm always open to other references.

My to do list:
  • More Maps. Happy to have people contribute maps for this.
  • Create a story arc. I think the goal would be a game that can be completed for one character in three or so hours
  • Add sprites for other Gen 1 characters. Add option to add/remove extra characters to party
  • More music. I wouldn't mind the opening BGMs for various talents.
  • Graphic design of menus is crap and needs to be fixed. I need to fix how part of the level up menu works.
  • Get some help with art for the game. Will need to source-check art used in game and seek out approvals.
  • Probably a bunch of other stuff

Anyway, let me know what you all think.

EDIT: Updated file link as file link had become broken.

Last edited:

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
For Pippa's birthday, why don't we do what everyone else does when it's someone's birthday and just superchat Pippa $2 and tell her to wish Pippa a happy birthday?
but how will she know it's from tva?

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
"A Real Resort wish Pippa a happy birthday"

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
I've made some sketches for potential PhaseRPG enemies:
PhaseRPG_DancingSlime.pngPhaseRPG_HermeticAxolotl.pngPhaseRPG_Pippossum.pngPhaseRPG_Rrat.pngPhaseRPG_BabyRaptor.pngPhaseRPG_Baracross.pngPhaseRPG_Glowboy.pngPhaseRPG_MoldGolem.pngPhaseRPG_ReptilianPolitician.png
I'll clean them up and add color to them over the next few weeks/months. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions on how I could improve them or any other enemy ideas you have. I don't watch all of Phase gen 1 so these are mainly Pippa references. Enemy ideas based on memes from other talents would be much appreciated.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
@somethingfarworseinthehorizon is a Pippa fan and is an excellent pixel artist so it may be worth inquiring if she would like to participate with ideas or direct work on it as well. The only problem is she is extremely committed to her bit of lurking and never directly posting in words, so communication might be rough.

PhaseRPGGuy

Question: does anyone know what font the Phase Connect logo uses? I'd like to tidy up the picture-based menus and I think using the font that's used for the Phase connect logo would look really nice. Thanks in advance.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Question: does anyone know what font the Phase Connect logo uses? I'd like to tidy up the picture-based menus and I think using the font that's used for the Phase connect logo would look really nice. Thanks in advance.
It seems to be a modified version of Chakra Patch. It's somewhere between that and the Angl family of fonts. You might need to whip it up in Illustrator or Inkscape.

PhaseRPGGuy

famous artist pipkun

drew an anni template,
you put your gift in the black square

have at it fellas.
GIp25j4XwAE8UlD.jpeg

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
drew an anni template,
you put your gift in the black square

have at it fellas.
View attachment 65915
Honestly, I've got a big feeling that anything using this template probably won't end up properly shown to her/used as stream content because of your complete blacklisting from Phase, and this entire thing depends on a Phase janny to show it. If anyone fills this in they should probably expect it to stay isolated on the forum.

famous artist pipkun

Honestly, I've got a big feeling that anything using this template probably won't end up properly shown to her/used as stream content because of your complete blacklisting from Phase, and this entire thing depends on a Phase janny to show it. If anyone fills this in they should probably expect it to stay isolated on the forum.
just say reticule drew it. no ones going to know.

@tempo clarifications needed

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

famous artist pipkun

famous artist pipkun

ChilChakSack

Early Adopter
Some more enemies for the PhaseRPG:
PhaseRPG_Sadgirl.pngPhaseRPG_AliaInvader.pngPhaseRPG_Furbuka.pngPhaseRPG_LaCreatura.pngPhaseRPG_Grimalkat.pngPhaseRPG_DeerSkull.pngPhaseRPG_Dire Theo.pngPhaseRPG_DinosaurHunter.pngPhaseRPG_SlumberDragon.png
I have at least 12 more enemies planned, mainly based on the Gen 1 girls. I'm also working on art for items and weapons. I would like to have at least one item as a reference to each girl in Phase Connect but I need suggestions for the ones that I am less familiar with, specifically; Iori, Rie, Remilia, Gen 3 ,and the JP members. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Also let me know how I can improve my enemy designs or if any of my ideas might be inappropriate or in some way go against the guidelines of Phase fan projects.

ChilChakSack

Early Adopter
Here are some examples of the pixel art I did for items and weapons:
Phase_Goo-1(x20).png.pngDragonslayer-1(x20).png.pngCelestial_Scissors-1(x20).png.pngBanhammer-1(x20).png.pngPippanzer-1(x20).png.pngAlchemical Purple Smoke-1 (x20).png.pngShirohebi-1(x20).png.pngPoptart Gun-1 (x20).png.pngJunkie Jolt-1(x20).png.png
(obviously they would be displayed a lot smaller in game, about this size Phase_Goo-1.png.png)

Let me know what you guys think and give me suggestions for accessories, armor, weapons and consumables based on the Phase girls.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Here are some examples of the pixel art I did for items and weapons:
View attachment 66769View attachment 66770View attachment 66771View attachment 66772View attachment 66773View attachment 66775View attachment 66776View attachment 66777View attachment 66778
(obviously they would be displayed a lot smaller in game, about this size View attachment 66780)

Let me know what you guys think and give me suggestions for accessories, armor, weapons and consumables based on the Phase girls.
I absolutely adore the poptart gun.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Came across this website redirect:

www.girlfailure.com

Very amusing.

Now, this makes me think we should look into seeing what the "sadgirls" website is worth. I'm not directly linking it, for reasons that will soon be obvious.

Here's a screen capture of what it currently looks like:
1712048754990.png

So, the history of this site: it seems to have been a lewd video hosting site until late 2017. Since late 2017, it's looked like the above screenshot. And here's a web archive link if you want it. I'd prefer it if not too many people went directly, I don't want to drive site traffic up.

It's obviously owned by an IP squatter, since there's nothing on the website and the search doesn't even do anything.

So, here's my question: if we can get it cheap enough, is it worth buying to turn into a redirect to the Phase Connect website as part of the third anniversary celebrations?

famous artist pipkun

did tempo ever log back in?

tempo

🔧
Top Bottom