"What's the point of therapy if I can't even use it as stream material"Dizzy Dokuro

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballpark_Look

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
To respond to what @famous artist pipkun was saying on stream before I had to leave for dinner (a little after bossman's idol meeting):

I think that you are correct that AnyKuro had legally defensible grounds for terminating her, but there is a wide ocean between what you can get away with legally and what constitutes actual good business practices. What happened was a monumental failure of management in general, but particularly of talent management.

When you have a system where talents are expected to put up their own money to do projects, which you have the ability to kill at any point, good practice would be to a) be fully aware of all projects that are in the works and b) remain involved in the critical decision-making phases of the process like storyboarding and perms-gathering so that if there is an issue that would sink the project it can be addressed at the earliest possible point, or the talent can stop the bleeding if it can't be cured. Waiting until the project is fully complete and about to go live, after the talent is 100% invested, to check whether appropriate perms were gotten is gross incompetence and disrespectful to your talent.

I'm emphasizing "talent" in this, rather than simply "employee" or "contractor." Talents have qualities that are rare and often not joined with other ideal qualities, and their output is often inextricably tied to their person and not transferrable to potential replacements, which requires more delicate handling than a paper-pusher because you're not going to get an exact replacement if they leave for whatever reason. AnyKuro chose to operate in an industry where their primary producers are menhera hikki-neets; being able to deal effectively with bpd (either borderline or bipolar, I'm not sure which was actually meant by Doki) women isn't a big ask, it's a baseline qualification for participating in the market, as Fishman ended up learning and successfully adapting to by hiring someone who could actually do it.

They way Niji appears to handle communication with their talents, both from what we can glean from statements from current and former talent, and from Niji's own public statements, is complete shit and adds stress to talents with less-than-stable mentalities. Not responding until the very last minute (if at all) and only providing cursory responses without explanation of the reasoning is bad communication that is going to leave your talents confused and angry, especially if you also punish talents for trying to communicate with management (e.g, one of the reasons for Zaion's termination being her DMing a manager). Is it any wonder they might avoid communicating with management if that's the result?

I don't think they can hide behind the castle walls of "解せない日本企業", either. They chose to enter the international market, they need to be aware of the communication expectations of international talent. Frankly, I doubt their communication skills would be considered acceptable at any decently-run Japanese company.
yeah i saw the niji stock took a shit in 2022, asked around the tva yaoicord, read the vtuber wiki, looks like they mismanaged the fuck out of ID, KR by mergering them to the JP side for no reason. so im 100% wrong about their management ability.

back on the #sinktheyacht boat

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
yeah i saw the niji stock took a shit in 2022, asked around the tva yaoicord, read the vtuber wiki, looks like they mismanaged the fuck out of ID, KR by mergering them to the JP side for no reason. so im 100% wrong about their management ability.

DAMN pipkun, I thought your vtuber knowledge started and ended at pippa.

frz

Ah, theres were god's strongest Nijisisters were hiding out, pussies lmao
Looks like that particular faction of Nijisisters are focusing on the bullying claim, calling Selen a BPD hoe (lmao projecting much?) and generally deepthroating anykara while blaming that gaslighting bitch Selen for making people speculate who are those bullies
It's funny because we didnt even get to hear selen's side of the story, everything is basically announced by niji themselves.
Anyone feel like unfucking NijiEN's reputation? You need to have native JP and live in... Canada???????
Recruitment of Canadian residents_Overseas strategy and overseas talent manager
Uh this isn't recruit for Harry position, this is recruiting for a grunt position.
Harry is still HEAD of talent manager department.
This position doesn't give you authority to fix anything, all you can is go in and whip talents under Harry's order.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

Read this breakdown, it's quite fun https://thevirtualasylum.com/threads/termination-of-selen-tatsuki.200/post-320960 (this is pretty much only thing worth looking for in last 20 pages or so)

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Could you fucking imagine what would have happened this past month if she had succeeded?
Niji would just have added "ghosting her manager" to her list of sins on the termination post.

ThatGuyFromThe213

I don't know if it's been posted but there's a live stream of Selen's and Doki's sub count.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Recruitment of Canadian residents_Overseas strategy and overseas talent manager
Uh this isn't recruit for Harry position, this is recruiting for a grunt position.
Harry is still HEAD of talent manager department.
This position doesn't give you authority to fix anything, all you can is go in and whip talents under Harry's order.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying in my follow-up post. I don't think it stops at Harry either, at least one level higher.

Niji would just have added "ghosting her manager" to her list of sins on the termination post.
Add? They had that in there. "often failing to reciprocate communication with her managers"

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I don't know if it's been posted but there's a live stream of Selen's and Doki's sub count.

It was. We enjoy these magnificently straight lines for a few hours now.
Connor started stream with "HUGE DRAMA" in the title. I wonder what he'll say (or just empty clickbaiting)

famous artist pipkun

DAMN pipkun, I thought your vtuber knowledge started and ended at pippa.
it does. but i looked at the stock since i wanted to see if selen's term had an impact. its down 2% but that likes 87 cents usd.

my eyes glazed over seeing that long list of names.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Are there no one in Anycolor who have good grasp of optics?
Japs are too autistic and americanized pajeets lose bollywood charm buff turning them into call centre monkey slaves.

niggaphil

Fuck Selen, selling merch is NijiEn priority Now Now Now Now!!!!!

:jellySlurs::jellySlurs::jellySlurs:

returntomonke

Unapoligetic sheep enjoyer
Bro, Asian or even Spics/SEA parents are a whole nother breed and the paternal autism runs deep into alot of niggas
My dude, i AM a spic from the countryside and My parents would gut themselves before taking a lease in my name, damn when i pay for groceries in the odd times i come back Home the shove money on My backpack (because i'd refuse their money). And i consider My Childhood as having helicopter and borderline abusive parents compared to My Friends. What the fuck are You on?
I have Heard wild shit about asian parents but not this fucking hard

Negzana

famous artist pipkun

Read this breakdown, it's quite fun https://thevirtualasylum.com/threads/termination-of-selen-tatsuki.200/post-320960 (this is pretty much only thing worth looking for in last 20 pages or so)
Yah its all fucked up. i was triggered by the BPD thing since ive dealt with it at work and was like "Christ is this selen shit another one these?"

e: looks like i was right that selen getting perms isnt the same as niji getting perms, along with its being made with the jap framework.

Last edited:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

kukkia

Early Adopter
How many NijiEN do ya think are going to quit this year over this? Or more accurately how many of the NijiEN that are still in have souls?

My offhand guesses for graduations (I know there's another thread for this) are Rosemi, Reimu, Ike, Alban, Fulgur, and Ren. They just have the vibe of people who are more likely to leave because of this.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

Henrik Carter

Disco Contagium!

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Status
Not open for further replies.