"If I had a choice between feet or piss... I'd choose piss"S.S. Isa

Termination of Yozora Mel

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I might be off my mark, but isn't it almost impossible to fire employees in Japan after about 5 years of tenure? It must have been quite a big breach in the contract to get shitcaned instead of being suspended
She's not an employee, she's an independent contractor. They're much easier to get rid of because you can just point to a part of the contract they violated and decide it's no longer valid.

Lovecraftsalot

Lurker Extraordinaire

If she leaked info to someone:
1. it may have been more recently.
This news is such a shocker, I can’t really see it as malicious at all. In fact the first thing that popped in my head is Kson. She still hangs out with her and does stuff, so my first assumption is she gives her nice details and info during small talk or some shit. Cover is too Japanese to let that slide

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
This news is such a shocker, I can’t really see it as malicious at all. In fact the first thing that popped in my head is Kson. She still hangs out with her and does stuff, so my first assumption is she gives her nice details and info during small talk or some shit. Cover is too Japanese to let that slide
I doubt it that, as it's basically impossible to find actionable info if that was the case. It is more likely that she was leaking to a drama channel

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I don't think Cover would terminate one of their longest-running talents if it wasn't either malicious or damaging. Minor stuff would and does get let slide all the time.
And frankly, I don't see Mel being malicious. So either it's a long running pattern (eg. warned many times), it's to the wrong people (eg. dramatubers), or too big to ignore.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Huh? That certainly came out of nowhere...
"Leaks" is certainly an interesting reason, I wonder what she was leaking and to whom. I doubt it was Narukami since that shit was years ago. The only other outside person I know she has ties to is Kson. Or maybe it was just some friend of hers and her manager found incriminating evidence in her PC. Idk.

Sad overall but I don't think anyone here ever watched or cared about her too much. I will withold judgement until Fubers streams and talks about it, if she's bawling her eyes out then Cover bad, if she's just "I wanna apologize for the behavior of my genmate and I'm very sorry to see her go" then I will be more willing to believe the blacktext.

Lovecraftsalot

Lurker Extraordinaire
I doubt it that, as it's basically impossible to find actionable info if that was the case. It is more likely that she was leaking to a drama channel
Less likely you mean. Mel being in the game for so long and having practically no controversies (except the one) during her entire tenure implies either she hid it perfectly for that long or is secretly menhera. Neither are likely

I don't think Cover would terminate one of their longest-running talents if it wasn't either malicious or damaging. Minor stuff would and does get let slide all the time.
And frankly, I don't see Mel being malicious. So either it's a long running pattern (eg. warned many times), it's to the wrong people (eg. dramatubers), or too big to ignore.
Malicious or damaging got nothing to do with it. Mel possibly giving info to someone outside of the company who also works with a “rival company” is definitely enough grounds for contract termination. Simple as

Last edited:

IdenticalPlateaus

Japan has a very politeness-oriented culture. Don't let the thank you on the way out deserve you, as the only time that isn't given is when an employee gets arrested or removed for something truly vile.
I don't remember any one else who was terminated getting a thank you? You would have to have a pretty wholesome world view to describe past termination reasons as 'truly vile'.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Fucking Jamba ninjutsu'd this shit out of thin air
FINISHHER.png

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
What I will do without is all of the grifters and twitter retards giving their opinions on this shit like they have ever watched anyone apart from myth. I can already smell it.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Huh? That certainly came out of nowhere...
"Leaks" is certainly an interesting reason, I wonder what she was leaking and to whom. I doubt it was Narukami since that shit was years ago. The only other outside person I know she has ties to is Kson. Or maybe it was just some friend of hers and her manager found incriminating evidence in her PC. Idk.

Sad overall but I don't think anyone here ever watched or cared about her too much. I will withold judgement until Fubers streams and talks about it, if she's bawling her eyes out then Cover bad, if she's just "I wanna apologize for the behavior of my genmate and I'm very sorry to see her go" then I will be more willing to believe the blacktext.
I don't actually watch her, but as a teamate I still feel sad since Ame really gets along with Mel, one of the few JP members she is close with. :ameraintear:

Some extra details from the JP notice:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
ayamy her artist just found out. archive
I also found out after seeing Twitter, so I don't have anything to say...
Thank you Mel-chan and the cover for working hard for a long time.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Watch as Choco announces Graduation and VShojo JP welcomes 2 ASMR Vtubers
Everyone thought it was Pomu and Selen swapping to vshojo when it was actually Mel and Choco.
:smugselen:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Imagine what would happen if Proctor ever fell into a coma.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I mean... WHO?:Vesper-UNHINGED:
Jokes aside, if she was talking about holo stuff to kson and that got her canned then that would explain why kanata fucked off from her apartment when kson left. Like it or not kson is competition and even if she never uses things she hear from her holo friends from a business standpoint they're leaking info.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I only watched a couple of her streams (cuz I don't know Japanese). But I was taken aback with the positive energy she outputted, which is something you don't really see in the West. Not to that extent. I also remember first getting into holo and finding out about the harassment she was facing at the time. It's too bad things had to end like this. On one hand I hope she did nothing major, but on the other it would be extreme bullshit if she got canned over something minor.

Last edited:

hara돌

☆하라돌이라고합니다☆
Top Bottom