"Do kosher pickles have the tips cut off?"Lia Rinkou

Termination of Yozora Mel

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
image.png

>Mel gets fired
>Rushia trends on Twitter

If you swing at the menhera queen, you'd better not miss.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
They got all of Gen 1 for this announcement. It's all hands on deck, shit is fucked.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

the red road

This is what happens when I let my guard down

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Choco-sensei and Lui will have Iroha as guest for their cooking stream at 7PM JST so this will be interesting.

Since ChocoMel is quite close, there's a possibility this stream might get cancelled.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
ledit.png
Someone who speaks nip like murray confirm this please. Though it doesn't mean much, you know how nips are with "they chose to leave" situations.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Sorry had to. My condolences to the Kapu-min

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Also if anyone can translate this section of the JP announcement:
mel jp.PNG

Rumors and MTL seem to indicate there's a line about "after reaching an agreement with the talent" that didn't make it into the EN announcement, but I don't trust internet rumors or translation apps for shit like this.

Did You Know

It's morally right to make fun of Unitards

RiverBear

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
now the question is, will she want a taste of Talent Freedom once her non-compete expires?

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
If someone who actually speaks chingchong could summarise this for us after the fact I'd appreciate it.
You are an insane optimist to think anything of consequence is going to be said. Here is your summary
- Mel was important
- Mel will be missed
- Mel will not be forgotten
- Everyone is sorry about the situation and will try to cheer people up
- Please keep supporting everyone and take care of yourselves
*Lots of crying*
- Thank you Hololive fans

Edit: pretty spot on I gotta say
WGeneral:
3:45 [EN] Aki: Very sad and unfortunate they have to say goodbye to Mel like this. She has not organized her emotions properly yet. Thankful to everyone listen to them talk about htis today.
HyperEpsilon (Millenia):
3:56 [EN] Mel was an important part of generation 1.
WGeneral:
4:20 [EN] AKi: Just wanted to say that all the to memories and times they spent together with Mel will never disappear.

YuukiNero:
6:41 [en] hachama: no matter what happened mel will still be an imporatnt member of gen 1
WGeneral:
7:12 [EN] Chama: Will try to continue streaming activities and have fun. Thank. you very much.
YuukiNero:
7:29 [en] fubuki: next matsuri chan, are you okay? matsuri: yes.. i'll try
WGeneral:
7:49 [EN] Matsuri: To her, Hololive is a very important part of her life, but Gen 1 is even more special to her.

WGeneral:
8:51 [EN] Matsuri: For things to turn out like this, have not organized feelings properly.
9:25 [EN] Matsuri: I dont think I can put this behind me very quickly, but I will try my best. That's all.
YuukiNero:
9:32 [en] matsuri: last one, fubuki
WGeneral:
9:57 [EN] Fub: It's been over 5 years together as Gen 1. When I heard this, I was very sad and felt a lot of regret.
YuukiNero:
10:04 [en] fbk: we have been doing activity as gen 1 together, in happiness or sadness, there are many things and emition happened,

YuukiNero:
11:01 [en] from now on we'll keep face our work ahead in our best together
YuukiNero:
11:51 [en] once this stream ended we'll be doing our activity as usual and we hope you keep supporting as well, from now on, please keep supporting hololive gen 1

Last edited:

USS IOWA

niggaphil

Wow, I guess @The Proctor must be sleeping and cause this Holo mess :smugselen:

However, I have no idea on Hololive Japan side, so I can't really comment much but wish her luck for the future.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Usually there's a bit of drama beforehand. But... literally nothing? Termination out of nowhere?

I don't get it. No one stupid enough to leak is simultaneously smart enough to keep it this quiet. Yet alone the leaks not having any visible consequences.

I just hope Choco's holding up. I confess, I didn't watch Mel outside of the occasional skit on the Hololive main channel, but I do actually watch Choco's cooking streams every now and then.
STOP POSTING!

I liked Panko Enjoyer better, anyway

Last edited:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
You are an insane optimist to think anything of consequence is going to be said. Here is your summary
- Mel was important
- Mel will be missed
- Mel will not be forgotten
- Everyone is sorry about the situation and will try to cheer people up
- Please keep supporting everyone and take care of yourselves
*Lots of crying*
- Thank you Hololive fans
Is fubbers crying? I honestly can't differentiate between nip voices, specially when they're all sad.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

UberSoldat

Just remember, entertainers always show you the side they want you to see. ANYTHING could be happening behind the scenes and you wouldn't have any clue, thinking everything is alright until it all comes to light.

Let this termination of a nearly 6-year old Gen 1 talent remind you that there is no such thing as a "family" in a corporation no matter how long you're in one, because that is what Cover is in the end, a corporation.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
This doesn't feel real, man... Mel's such an oldschool staple of the company. It's gonna feel real weird with her gone.

Also, with how long she's been in Holo you'd think she'd know better. I really wonder what it was specifically that led to her being canned. Whatever it was it was bad enough they're gonna purge her channel.

Top Bottom