"Thank you everyone for making me smile again!"Dokibird

The Anime Thread

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Pardon the double post, but something I was thinking about today, but do you guys prefer a multi-season show or a single season one and done show? I've found a lot of times when I finish a single season show I want more, but at the same time I find a lot of shows start to falter going into season 2 and after, even ones that had a very solid first season.

So maybe it's just better to have tighter single season runs, but I was curious if others don't mind a more variable experience as long as they get more of a setting they like.
If it's an anime original serie, then I prefer if it's a single season. If it's an adaptation of a manga or light novel, then I prefer multi-season.

Speaking of a multi-season show, Ippo season 4 when? COME ON MADHOUSE.

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
For those with Cyberpunk 2077 withdrawal:
Bubblegum Crisis, sequel, spinoff, and reboot.
Cyber City Oedo 808
Ghost in the Shell. Way too much media to bother linking more.
Serial Experiments Lain

Less favorites and more that I've lost count re-watching:
Black Lagoon
Blue Seed. Evangelion knockoff that's better than Evangelion. I will die on this hill.
Fist of the North Star
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
Gunsmith Cats. Trying to get Pippa to watch it.
Haibane Renmei
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Hellsing
Highschool Of The Dead
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu. Favorite manga. Not fond of the anime. Watch out of obligation.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Patlabor: The Mobile Police. Best mecha franchise. Suck it Gundam. I still love Gundam, relax. 00 for life.
Robot Carnival
The Big O
The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz. No, I'm not kidding. Yes, it is an anime. Yes, it is good.
Witch Hunter Robin
Youjo Senki

Mandatory Godzilla:
The anime movie trilogy sucks. End of discussion.
Godzilla Singular Point. Good. Showa era Godzilla (save for the original) done right.
Mostly a list that I would agree on except for Highschool of the Dead, I would probably swapped that for Keijo or Golden Boy and Witch Hunter Robin I would replace with Wolf's Rain or Ergo Proxy.

I tried to get into Godzilla Singular Point but it was a pretty rough watch and I ended up dropping it. Plus, they did Rodan pretty dirty.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Pardon the double post, but something I was thinking about today, but do you guys prefer a multi-season show or a single season one and done show? I've found a lot of times when I finish a single season show I want more, but at the same time I find a lot of shows start to falter going into season 2 and after, even ones that had a very solid first season.

So maybe it's just better to have tighter single season runs, but I was curious if others don't mind a more variable experience as long as they get more of a setting they like.

Really depends on the story and if they're able to satisfyingly tell it in one season but I really like one and done shows. Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song was able to tell its story with a satisfying conclusion in 13 episodes while Summertime Render needed all 25 episodes (it was 2-cour, but still counts as 1 season). Finishing a series with a definitive conclusion is a rarity amongst the current stuff these days.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
If you're looking for a good anime to watch, check out The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. It's been over a decade since I watched it, so I can't guarantee it's as good as I remember, but I remember really enjoying it at the time.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
If you're looking for a good anime to watch, check out The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. It's been over a decade since I watched it, so I can't guarantee it's as good as I remember, but I remember really enjoying it at the time.
TV series is great, the OVA sequels aren't.

ETA: Like, the OVAs were one of the few times I was legit mad about having made a purchase and felt like my money was wasted.

Last edited:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
TV series is great, the OVA sequels aren't.

ETA: Like, the OVAs were one of the few times I was legit mad about having made a purchase and felt like my money was wasted.
Better or worse than the final arc of the Golden Boy manga?

Thomas Talus

Early Adopter
Better or worse than the final arc of the Golden Boy manga?
Haven't read the GB manga, only seen clips of the anime.

But I'd compare it to the Nadesico movie in terms of "fuck this."

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter
Anyone knows if there's an anime / Manga / light novel about someone managing an adventure guild, give out quests, keep an eye on the adventurers, stuff like that?

Thomas Talus

Early Adopter
Anyone knows if there's an anime / Manga / light novel about someone managing an adventure guild, give out quests, keep an eye on the adventurers, stuff like that?
The Guild Official With The Out-Of-The-Way Skill “Shadowy” Is, In Fact, The Legendary Assassin (外れスキル「影が薄い」を持つギルド職員が、実は伝説の暗殺) is somewhat about that, although it's also about the MC's adventures.

As far as "keep an eye on the adventurers," there's Lycanthrope Adventure Insurance (ライカンスロープ冒険保険). I think the scanlation stalled out just shy of the end, though.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
If you can put up with some of the more annoying and unpleasant aspects I kind of liked "Dungeon Black Company", it's an Isekai that's a comedy, but instead of the main character being a high school kid that needs to defeat an evil overlord, it's a degenerate businessman who sets out to conquer the world by whatever means he can muster and his knowledge of business and marketing.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I think Josh is taking things well
1670899481336.png

Very Late Edit: What anime would you recommend to Josh? I'd say Durarara, the first two seasons capture that chan culture he chased after with his 8chan and 9chan products.

Last edited:

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Ok, so I almost died, who cares? So, I'm drinking against doctors orders, who cares? Right now, I'm finding anything comfy is good. I'm watching Little Witch Academia and it's cute. I watched a good portion of it in 2017, but I'm glad I started it over today b/c I forgot everything. It pairs perfectly well with a 16-yr-old Laphroaig Scotch.

Anyway, I love you dumb, retarded, faggots and if I'm dead soon, I hope you continue to throw my name in the dirt.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Ok, so I almost died, who cares? So, I'm drinking against doctors orders, who cares? Right now, I'm finding anything comfy is good. I'm watching Little Witch Academia and it's cute. I watched a good portion of it in 2017, but I'm glad I started it over today b/c I forgot everything. It pairs perfectly well with a 16-yr-old Laphroaig Scotch.

Anyway, I love you dumb, retarded, faggots and if I'm dead soon, I hope you continue to throw my name in the dirt.
I love Little Witch Academia, it's my personal favorite. Enjoy my friend.
:gurasemperfi:

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter

Raising a bottle of beer to you, while watching The ancient magus bride, never got around to watching that one when it aired.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
anything comfy is good
FINALLY. An excuse to shill New Game! One of my favorite animes. A comfy SOL about making games.

Its pretty cute and very comfy I highly suggest checking it out when you have the chance……still waiting on them to make a third season now that the manga has ended…..

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Right now, I'm finding anything comfy is good
"My Senpai is Annoying" is nice for that kind of thing usually.

Don't you dare die on us. If you do, I'm telling everyone you have a foot fetish.

An excuse to shill New Game!
It was a surprisingly good show, but I remember when I was watching it something happened and half way through season 1, I somehow ended up switching to halfway into season 2, and it was similar enough to not be instantly noticeable but enough to be incredibly confusing.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
FINALLY. An excuse to shill New Game! One of my favorite animes. A comfy SOL about making games.

Its pretty cute and very comfy I highly suggest checking it out when you have the chance……still waiting on them to make a third season now that the manga has ended…..

New Game is great, but I’ve never finished the second season. Not sure why, but it’s on my list.

Don't you dare die on us. If you do, I'm telling everyone you have a foot fetish.
Well, considering my rep on this board, I can’t see how that will hurt. My wife will also see right through it.

A real threat is telling people I post here. There is nothing more embarrassing than posting on a vtuber board.

Fetishes: Plaid skirts & sundresses.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
I saw you mentioned that in the main thread. What happened? Hopefully not something health-related.
Without going into details: Yeah, my health took a turn. I’m not super optimistic on it getting a lot better, but I stopped being an optimist decades ago.

Thomas Talus

Early Adopter
I can't believe Daddy Jim is our webmonkey.

Top Bottom