"If you're a kid you shouldn't be watching this! I'm gonna be talking about banging dudes"S.S. Isa

The Graduation of Magni Dezmond and Vesper Noir - WE'RE SO BACK ORC BROS

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I personally hope that Vesper and Nina have previously exchanged numbers and will get together for a chat. Nina's willing to travel anywhere, anytime, anyway.

Then get plappin'.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Just as a two cents from someone who has witnessed their fair share of graduations recently, this statement reads a lot more like Yugo's situation than a simple contract renewal breakdown.

Nina and Mysta have both let their contracts run out and both of them were given ample time to announce their graduation and then have a final victory lap before they left. Ex-ID had graduation announcements for people that don't graduate until the end of October that are still active. Yugo, on the other hand, went missing for two weeks and was graduated after mutual agreement. Not terminated. Termination implies a company-initiated closure of a contract, whereas mutual graduation is similar to letting an employee hand in their letter of resignation so that they aren't stained by being fired outright.

Not allowing Magni and Ves to stream for 7 weeks before 'graduating' them with no graduation stream says to me that Cover probably wanted them out, but allowed them to get the ball rolling on a graduation/resignation behind the scenes so they didn't have to be forced out. Vtubers negotiate contracts all of the time but don't have their activities suspended until pen is put to paper, and 'honoring their wishes to graduate' doesn't mean there was no pressure to leave.

My opinion only has as much weight as anyone else's, but that's my take. They graduated because they had to.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Kronii has her anniversary stream tonight. I feel bad that it had to coincide with this. Seeing her get one guy'd by some baiter would be pretty sad.

martah

Nothing on Pako's twitter yet. He might already have been to bed by the time of the announcement. Might end up waking up to this.

I don't quite buy the failed contract negotiations thing. That can be done without a month long cessation of activities. That can be done with a graduation stream. We know this for a fact, even, because Sana was a thing that existed.

He's been pretty explicit about why he joined. His streams as Lando made him enough money, what he sought were friends to stream with.
In my opinion the stars do not do graduation streams because what's the point?

Graduation streams are essentially points in the resume that they can point to to show how popular they were as a streamer if they try to join another agency.

But since there are almost no other agency that employs guys aside from nisanji ( At this point its better to be an indie than in nisanji) they probably don't feel like there is any point.

After all those who were going to follow them in their independence were going to do it anyways.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Just as a two cents from someone who has witnessed their fair share of graduations recently, this statement reads a lot more like Yugo's situation than a simple contract renewal breakdown.

Nina and Mysta have both let their contracts run out and both of them were given ample time to announce their graduation and then have a final victory lap before they left. Ex-ID had graduation announcements for people that don't graduate until the end of October that are still active. Yugo, on the other hand, went missing for two weeks and was graduated after mutual agreement. Not terminated. Termination implies a company-initiated closure of a contract, whereas mutual graduation is similar to letting an employee hand in their letter of resignation so that they aren't stained by being fired outright.

Not allowing Magni and Ves to stream for 7 weeks before 'graduating' them with no graduation stream says to me that Cover probably wanted them out, but allowed them to get the ball rolling on a graduation/resignation behind the scenes so they didn't have to be forced out. Vtubers negotiate contracts all of the time but don't have their activities suspended until pen is put to paper, and 'honoring their wishes to graduate' doesn't mean there was no pressure to leave.

My opinion only has as much weight as anyone else's, but that's my take. They graduated because they had to.
I refuse to believe there was a reason that has something to do with Money or contracts.I think they just asked for some help with vt/ nigg3rs or unicorns and Cover didnt care.All of the Stars leaving with no graduations streams seems like Cover never cares for their demands.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Axel's "stream" kind of gave me the feeling they got this dropped on them not much ahead of time as the public.

As does this.

Yeah it's looking more and more like they barely had time to process.

Something wholesome from Rio

Henrik Carter

Disco Contagium!
For their fans. One last hurrah. It's not just about the job; it's about one final goodbye.

I am Jack's...

-WATOTO- YubiぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽYubi, Bau Bau
Well that's fucking depressing, regardless why they're graduating.

I watched them a ton when they first debuted, though gradually stopped having the time, and had to reduce how many members I followed. But I always checked out the collabs they were in. They had the same affect as Coco, that they just added fun chaos to collabs, and helping to make golden moments.

All I can stay is, fuck this world sometimes, give Papa-Pako a break ya cunt.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Yea, I'm leaning more towards contract negotiation at this point as well. Considering how long it took, it was between that or something with the Tachibana music thing. So here's hoping they left on terms they're happy with, and we see more of Randon soon once he's gotten the brainworms worked out from this.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ

Graduation streams are essentially points in the resume that they can point to to show how popular they were as a streamer if they try to join another agency.

But since there are almost no other agency that employs guys aside from nisanji ( At this point its better to be an indie than in nisanji) they probably don't feel like there is any point.

After all those who were going to follow them in their independence were going to do it anyways.
Graduation streams shouldn't be seen as anything else but an opportunity for fans to say their goodbyes.

Vesper hasn't streamed since July 8 and fans were simply told by corporate that their 'activity will stop for a while'. Well, they weren't wrong...

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
The main reason I can think it's contracts is that it's the two members that got updated models. Maybe they figured since Cover was pumping more money into them, they'd be able to swing a bigger dick around and tried to renegotiate.

Gibara Fan

Babutaro(Gibara) Love
At this point HoloStarsEN is dead in the water. Coco's, Calli's, and omega's pet project has pretty much blown-up in their faces to a point that there is no recovery and only death is waiting for the branch.

I just feel sorry for all the boys who got drag into this mess.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Yeah it's looking more and more like they barely had time to process.

Something wholesome from Rio

the boys are as much as surprised

fucking hell man

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
gura vesper magni.PNG
Gura, you bitch! How could you?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The main reason I can think it's contracts is that it's the two members that got updated models. Maybe they figured since Cover was pumping more money into them, they'd be able to swing a bigger dick around and tried to renegotiate.
I don't know. It may have been a workload vs what they actually get out of it thing? If Vesper and Magni were fighting for a bigger cut of SCs or merch, it would be kind of dumb of them if they actually weren't planning to quit from the start, tbh. That would set a prescedence that Cover would surely not want or ever agree to. That would be like opening a floodgate with others asking for it, as well.

Either way, unless Lando leaks something about the real reason, I doubt we will ever know.

pururun

I didn't watch the Homos that much, but Vesper was easily my favorite. His life experience and sense of humor made him feel really unique in the vtuber world, and the psychiatrist collab with Kronii was god-tier. It feels wrong that the best member of the branch gets such an unceremonious finale, but hopefully he'll stream on his own still.

Biskuit Regal

Early Adopter
And then the Tachibana thing happened and the two were forced into hiatus, eliminating any of their advantages in the negotiation

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Debut:Aug 14 of 2019
Stoped streaming for 3 months then "graduation" on March 6 of 2020
Debut: Apr 29 of 2020
" ended" his contract with Cover Corp. as of July 28, 2020
Debut:Ju
ne 9 of 2019
Graduation:November 30 of 2020
All of these seems weird just like the ones that are coming now.Also all of these dont have graduation streams.

martah

Graduation streams shouldn't be seen as anything else but an opportunity for fans to say their goodbyes.

Vesper hasn't streamed since July 8 and fans were simply told by corporate that their 'activity will stop for a while'. Well, they weren't wrong...
Fair enough.

Guess i was being too retarded and looking at it too much like a emotionless/numberfag streamer

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
At this point HoloStarsEN is dead in the water. Coco's, Calli's, and omega's pet project has pretty much blown-up in their faces to a point that there is no recovery and only death is waiting for the branch.

I just feel sorry for all the boys who got drag into this mess.
If Stars JP can still exist i think this is a bad take.

Top Bottom