PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
View attachment 14376
I don't really use Twitch much, I'm a fan of hers on Youtube. Someone said she removed all the videos that used to be here on Twitter. So far, her videos on Youtube are still there.
That was probably automatic. Edit: Nvm, didn't see there were subsequent posts.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Arznbae

wtf is happening

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Hilarious, but if you have read anything about Empress, they are a complete schizo lol. Even some of the shit in this statement is absolutely looney toons. That whole explanation section ruins everything else said because of how batshit retarded it is.
To me it just sounds pretentious and gay, if you don't like troons then fine, fuck 'em. But don't act like some enlightened philosopher fighting for the good of society, that's the same shit wokes and their ilk do and it makes you a hypocrite.

I don't like troons for two simple reasons, one, they try to infringe on the rights of others to further their delusions, and secondly, they can't stfu about themselves and attack other people who are just minding their own business. That's it, if they want to mutilate themselves and give people something to laugh at and scream at the void in their own little bubble of self-importance that is not my business and idc.

Live and let live, stop trying to influence other people or society. People need to mind their own fucking business and learn that nobody gives a shit about them or their retarded ideas about life, society and the human condition. Society and history don't change because a group of tards changed it "for the good of mankind", it changes because the times were ripe for change and a random event caused a cascade, the only agency any of us has is over ourselves.

Last edited:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Found a twitter account that not only dialates about vtubers playing Hogwarts legacy but also hates Pippa and calls her fanbase "Chuds", SCORE!

Archive
I can’t figure out what exactly is it about this kind of strategy that makes it currently associated with “left wing” politics, instead of being used by both sides?

What’s the equivalent (if there even is any) “evil left-wing site/game that shall not be named” that gets one cancelled by the political right just by associating with it?

The general strategy seems to be pretty much the same:
Demand the conformity of others, both in thought and action, due on a proclaimed persecution based on a minority identity,
Enforced by the threat of social outcasting via guilt by association and disruption of activities.

I’m less inclined to believe that being trans is the cause of the above behavior, than it being the effect of whatever social group they are in, similar to how veganism itself isn’t what drives the disruptive protests, but instead the political ideology often attached to veganism.

I’d wager being trans just happens to be the current flavor of minority (and in my opinion, for such purposes, a very good one at that, perhaps even close to perfect).
Did you mean to reply to someone's message? I can't actually pinpoint exactly what you are trying to say.
>THIS kind of strategy
Explain anon. This what?

Last edited:

SZ 109

I can’t figure out what exactly is it about this kind of strategy (edit: cancellation, identity politics etc, see spoiler) that makes it currently associated with “left wing” politics, instead of being used by both sides?

What’s the equivalent (if there even is any) “evil left-wing site/game that shall not be named” that gets one cancelled by the political right just by associating with it?

The general strategy seems to be pretty much the same:
Demand the conformity of others, both in thought and action, due on a proclaimed persecution based on a minority identity,
Enforced by the threat of social outcasting via guilt by association and disruption of activities.

I’m less inclined to believe that being trans is the cause of the above behavior, than it being the effect of whatever social group they are in, similar to how veganism itself isn’t what drives the disruptive protests, but instead the political ideology often attached to veganism.

I’d wager being trans just happens to be the current flavor of minority (and in my opinion, for such purposes, a very good one at that, perhaps even close to perfect).

edit:
Did you mean to reply to someone's message? I can't actually pinpoint exactly what you are trying to say.
>THIS kind of strategy
Explain anon. This what?
In relation to the Hogwart's Legacy fiasco, the strategy of demanding:
Conformity by denouncing JKR and not playing the game, due to,
Trans people (the minority) being genocided(?) (the persecution),
Lest you be branded a transphobe/non-ally and cancelled (cast out of the community for being associated with the game), or your stream's chat being flooded with "concerns" (the disruption).

I'm asking if there's any thing "leftist" about this general strategy, since it seems to be heavily associated with left wing circles for a while now (perhaps I've simply missed the examples of right wingers pulling the same strategy)

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
ResetERA and NeoGAF. You don't really see life-ruining-level stuff but certainly there are people who will outright disregard people who post there or the info they post if it comes from those places.

For now, anyway. Things are so extreme nowadays that I'm a bit afraid of what things are going to look like when the Great Pendulum Swing happens.

Thomas Talus

Early Adopter
Blasphemy, excommunication, shunning, etc. It's a religious pattern of behavior more than it is a political one.

SZ 109

ResetERA and NeoGAF. You don't really see life-ruining-level stuff but certainly there are people who will outright disregard people who post there or the info they post if it comes from those places.
That certainly happens, hopefully it just amounts to people discarding opinions and not playing along, and away from the "If you support x you're actively harming <minority>" or simply pulling the minority card to deflect criticism, since I feel that's what wears down the patience and goodwill of the population fastest, to the detriment of everyone.

Blasphemy, excommunication, shunning, etc. It's a religious pattern of behavior more than it is a political one.
Hence why I wonder why it's so much more prevalent on one side of the political spectrum (since it isn't really a political thing), those are tried and true strategies after all. Claiming the opposition is directly causing the death of a minority group seems new though.

For now, anyway. Things are so extreme nowadays that I'm a bit afraid of what things are going to look like when the Great Pendulum Swing happens.
If it does happen, I really hope the other side doesn't join in on the cancellation and oppression olympics.

Thomas Talus

Early Adopter
Hence why I wonder why it's so much more prevalent on one side of the political spectrum (since it isn't really a political thing), those are tried and true strategies after all.
Because the right, broadly speaking, tends to be religious already and those religions have a structure that has adapted over time to soften those sharp edges. The left doesn't think of its all-encompassing ideologies as religious in nature, so there are no limiting factors and the impulses behind the behaviors you talked about get indulged in without a second thought.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
The right is really fucking weak atm, some people will counter saying that there's a lot of anti-leftist rhetoric, but that doesn't mean those people are rightwingers.
I can say that i am ideologically opposed to the modern left, but still consider myself left-leaning, i just do not support this kind of mindless drone mentality that has dominated it for the last 15 years.

I hate being condescended and talked down to by these people,
I hate their smug fucking attitudes and conviction that they are always right,
I hate their sheer hubris in thinking they are "oN tHE RigTH siDe oF HIsTorY",
I hate knowing that i could be backstabbed the second i have a wrong thought about something or even if i don't vehemently support the message and get thrown into the curb by the people i thought i could count on,
I hate their inferiority complexes and acting like they're the second coming of the civil rights movement while being cheered and applauded by the most powerful institutions in the western world,
I hate that all of the different movements all tell you only they are the real truth and everyone else is a lying bigot, who should I believe?
I hate their dirty tactics in debates, their scheming and their intellectual dishonesty,
I hate their lack of commitment to any values and the fact that they will jump ship like rats whenever convenient,
I hate their idealistic bullshit and thinking that the world can be fixed by just killing rich people or changing the system,
I hate how many of them defend horrid shit just because it's propagated by their ideological compatriots

I am a leftist but i could never, ever, agree with any of this, and i think many other "right-wingers" are just like that. This is insanity, this movement has no end, these people will just keep fighting and fighting against anything and anyone who opposes them until they reach too far and are crushed by the silent majority.
The right of today barely even exists, it's just a coalition of (ironically) moderate leftists, libertarians, centrists and mild right-leaning people, everyone who isn't fucking insane.
I need to stop sperging about politics in a forum about anime men with voicechangers, this is not worth my time and nobody gives a shit anyway

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
The right is really fucking weak atm, some people will counter saying that there's a lot of anti-leftist rhetoric, but that doesn't mean those people are rightwingers.
I can say that i am ideologically opposed to the modern left, but still consider myself left-leaning, i just do not support this kind of mindless drone mentality that has dominated it for the last 15 years.

I hate being condescended and talked down to by these people,
I hate their smug fucking attitudes and conviction that they are always right,
I hate their sheer hubris in thinking they are "oN tHE RigTH siDe oF HIsTorY",
I hate knowing that i could be backstabbed the second i have a wrong thought about something or even if i don't vehemently support the message and get thrown into the curb by the people i thought i could count on,
I hate their inferiority complexes and acting like they're the second coming of the civil rights movement while being cheered and applauded by the most powerful institutions in the western world,
I hate that all of the different movements all tell you only they are the real truth and everyone else is a lying bigot, who should I believe?
I hate their dirty tactics in debates, their scheming and their intellectual dishonesty,
I hate their lack of commitment to any values and the fact that they will jump ship like rats whenever convenient,
I hate their idealistic bullshit and thinking that the world can be fixed by just killing rich people or changing the system,
I hate how many of them defend horrid shit just because it's propagated by their ideological compatriots

I am a leftist but i could never, ever, agree with any of this, and i think many other "right-wingers" are just like that. This is insanity, this movement has no end, these people will just keep fighting and fighting against anything and anyone who opposes them until they reach too far and are crushed by the silent majority.
The right of today barely even exists, it's just a coalition of (ironically) moderate leftists, libertarians, centrists and mild right-leaning people, everyone who isn't fucking insane.
I need to stop sperging about politics in a forum about anime men with voicechangers, this is not worth my time and nobody gives a shit anyway
I mean, this is the Hogwarts Legacy dialation thread. This is the perfect place to talk about the plight of the "tolerant left". Not the normal ones, specifically those self dubbed "tolerant" ones.

SZ 109

The left doesn't think of its all-encompassing ideologies as religious in nature, so there are no limiting factors and the impulses behind the behaviors you talked about get indulged in without a second thought.
Perhaps for some, the faults of those behaviors were ascribed to the theistic or divine elements of religion, so missing that causes them to not recognize the same strategies being employed (those words holding religious connotations probably doesn’t help either).

At least with religion the advertised consequence of not participating is usually some consequence in the afterlife with the social effects being generally off label,
Whereas the current brand of activism advertises “actively” “directly” harming <minority> as the consequence of not participating, with the social consequences being an intentional follow-up.

Because the right, broadly speaking, tends to be religious already and those religions have a structure that has adapted over time to soften those sharp edges.
Compare the (current expected) social pushback of
Refusing to acknowledge someone’s chosen deity, versus
Refusing to acknowledge someone’s gender of choice
*Refuse to acknowledge as in letting others practice it, while refusing to partake yourself..
The former has spawned numerous wars, the latter used to be a schoolyard insult until a few years ago. Not sure what to make of that.

i just do not support this kind of mindless drone mentality that has dominated it for the last 15 years.
[snip]
That’s why I don’t view it as a left v right politics debate. Acknowledging that others have the right to independently perform speech and actions contrary to one’s own beliefs used to be a left wing talking against the religious right, but now it’s being used against the “leftist thought police”.

Still, the main source of issues are the means that they’re using to spread their ideals, which are destructive not only to others, but even themselves.
That’s why I’d say the lack of credibility to the accusation that most of the noise was being “right wing falseflaggers” is pretty telling.

If the claim is true, why weren’t those misrepresenting “the left” being threatened with the same cancellation they dole out to “the right” BEFORE it’s apparent that the boycott was a flop? (As a counterexample, the negative feedback to a certain poutine related fedpost was apparent BEFORE the media hitpieces went up.)
I need to stop sperging about politics in a forum about anime men with voicechangers,
I mean, this is the Hogwarts Legacy dialation thread. This is the perfect place to talk about the plight of the "tolerant left". Not the normal ones, specifically those self dubbed "tolerant" ones.
I think the discussion is pertinent to this thread, and maybe even general vtuber discussion as a whole. The fact that the movement stems from some political ideology, and the appeal to keep politics out of hobbies is an (admittedly rather well played) red herring, most useful for keeping discussion out of the public eye or dismissing those not in their political circle.

The thought of this cancellation movement being anywhere near a serious “political” campaign, as in something that a politician would spearhead to advance public policy is just too far-fetched for me.

I’d argue the discussion of the means and effects of the movement on vtubers and their content isn’t inherently political. The line has been long crossed where there are objective effects on the content produced, by making creators adverse to certain games or people largely by the association attached to them by said movement, affecting even creators who exist largely independent of the politics sphere.

Therefore, I’d consider the dismissal of discussion (by a vtuber themselves or otherwise) surrounding the means and effects of the cancellation attempts as trying to peddle politics, even when it’s directly affected their content and vtubing as a whole, a tactic to deflect criticism.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Crossposting the archive of Nazuna's tweet that she won't stream Hogwarts Legacy.
1677253299529.png
Text and Google Translate:
昨日配信でハリポタするって言ったんだけど運営からの連絡でNGになりました⤵︎ ︎すみません⤵︎ ︎
Yesterday, I said that I was going to do Harry Potter on the stream, but the management contacted me and it became NG I'm sorry

Also a link to the start of the discussion in the main thread (with human translations) about whether Nazuna decided not to stream it on her own after talking to management, or whether management outright forbade it. I find both interpretations somewhat out of character.
(Yes, :talentfreedom: is a meme, but keep in mind VShojo is a co-op that couldn't figure out how to warn people they were being impersonated for phishing purposes. More pertinently, two of its EN members are very publicly on opposing sides of the Dilation Event.)

But considering Nazuna's mental state and that (from what I hear) she's not as emotionally attached to HP as e.g. Silvervale - not streaming it is probably the best for her regardless of how she got there.

Last edited:

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
People on Twitter are having a normal one: Silvervale's community was more or less accused of causing a suicide. Figured it's Hogleg related enough, since that's what's making her a target.

Here's what kicked it off: Vtuber Ali_Archer announcing that their trans cousin had killed themselves due to doxing and harassment. Replies and quotes are largely people saying Silvervale just fucking killed someone, and zero attempt was made to bring people to any other conclusion - not even a boilerplate "no one is at fault and don't harass"
(Archive: https://archive.is/Sr2cC )

Ali_Archer then claimed that the person in question was twitter user Keysandoral, now deleted. Tweets were then made on the Keysandoral account, claiming to be the deceased person's mother, which can be seen in the account's archive. Additionally, claims were made of receiving hate in DMs afterward, which naturally necessitated the deletion of the account. Finally, Ali_Archer themselves protected their account.

The Keysandoral account is gone and I didn't archive their TL (big mistake), so "trust me bro" is all I can back this up with:
-The account tweeted very rarely. They had next to no mentions from other people, and none of them contained hate of any kind.
-A large amount of tweets seemed to mention AliArcher: Of note were several tweets seeming to beg for a Tesco gift card for them, as well as cashapp donations (I assume "£AliArcher" refers to a cashapp or something similar)
-Following/followers were at 30/15, nobody in either list seemed like this person's main account who would could have been the recipient of lethal hatred

In my opinion, this looks like an incredibly fucked up way to try and cause problems for Silvervale. I'd be curious if anyone else can come to another conclusion.

Current archive of AliArcher https://archive.is/fe5Kv
Page with links to their accounts - all empty: https://archive.is/Ryf03
Twitch link leads to TikTok(lmao), but their twitch is at
Archive of Keysandoral's profile (does not contain much, sadly) https://web.archive.org/web/20230225170836/twitter.com/Keysandoral
Attached is a screencap that survived of the account. Again, I have no way to prove it's real.

Attachments

• keysandoral cashapp.png
    keysandoral cashapp.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 16

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

SZ 109

People on Twitter are having a normal one: Silvervale's community was more or less accused of causing a suicide. Figured it's Hogleg related enough, since that's what's making her a target.

Here's what kicked it off: Vtuber Ali_Archer announcing that their trans cousin had killed themselves due to doxing and harassment. Replies and quotes are largely people saying Silvervale just fucking killed someone, and zero attempt was made to bring people to any other conclusion - not even a boilerplate "no one is at fault and don't harass"
(Archive: https://archive.is/Sr2cC )

Ali_Archer then claimed that the person in question was twitter user Keysandoral, now deleted. Tweets were then made on the Keysandoral account, claiming to be the deceased person's mother, which can be seen in the account's archive. Additionally, claims were made of receiving hate in DMs afterward, which naturally necessitated the deletion of the account. Finally, Ali_Archer themselves protected their account.

The Keysandoral account is gone and I didn't archive their TL (big mistake), so "trust me bro" is all I can back this up with:
-The account tweeted very rarely. They had next to no mentions from other people, and none of them contained hate of any kind.
-A large amount of tweets seemed to mention AliArcher: Of note were several tweets seeming to beg for a Tesco gift card for them, as well as cashapp donations (I assume "£AliArcher" refers to a cashapp or something similar)
-Following/followers were at 30/15, nobody in either list seemed like this person's main account who would could have been the recipient of lethal hatred

In my opinion, this looks like an incredibly fucked up way to try and cause problems for Silvervale. I'd be curious if anyone else can come to another conclusion.

Current archive of AliArcher https://archive.is/fe5Kv
Page with links to their accounts - all empty: https://archive.is/Ryf03
Twitch link leads to TikTok(lmao), but their twitch is at
Archive of Keysandoral's profile (does not contain much, sadly) https://web.archive.org/web/20230225170836/twitter.com/Keysandoral
Attached is a screencap that survived of the account. Again, I have no way to prove it's real.

How did they come to the conclusion that the suicide of a trans person was the fault of some online streamer that didn't even know them?
What's next, blaming the murder of a trans person on a videogame?

Edit:
There seemed to be some kind of bizarre understanding in the replies/quotes that any trans vtubers dying/graduating are Silvervale's responsibility right now. Her community was being accused of sending hate toward persons of gender without any evidence that I could find. Ali_Archer does not explicitly mention Silvervale, giving them a way to squirm out of any responsibility should this go poorly. Thankfully other people had managed to get better caps, and it's not looking too good folx!

I was referencing those that blamed the death of Brianna Ghey on Hogwarts Legacy, with equally bizarre leaps of logic and lack of evidence as this instance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom