Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
its so sad that even Nijisanji fans dont like Khyo
"Khyo"

Ofc they don't like him, he's a drama fag

its so sad that even Nijisanji fans dont like Kyo
Edit:Typo
Lets not give let ourselves be consumed by a false consensus effect. This place is the minority on a lot of things, including Kyo. I do not see Kyo hate outside the vt like Twitter accounts, Pippacord, KF, and here.

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy
Banned VT memes has made some really good memes about the Zaion/Sayu drama. Thought I'd share three of their best here:

Pankos been busy I see
@SZ 109 sorry for the tagging, I was thinking of something, on some countries if an employee pays for something on the company, he has ownership or partial ownership of it, can this apply to Zaion model as she payed for all pre-debut things?
Niji pays for the models and subsequently owns the rights to them.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
inb4 thread derailed by arguing with nolancope

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
To be fair while the timing is suspect he didn't say anything about people feeling sorry for him like the VT dude claims at least in that clip its possible if slim that this is just a normal twitlonger joke

Edit: I just rewatched and hex mentioned a Google doc so that increases the likelihood

Edit 2: nvm I can't justify the 10 min difference in minutes between kyos joke and Sayus statement
View attachment 23901View attachment 23902
3:46 pm and 10:56 pm aren't 10 min apart my friend

inb4 thread derailed by arguing with nolancope
That last post is just facts. It’s this post that could be cope.

Airless

Active lurker
I made a correction. I'm still not confident it was about Zaion and I think it was a coincidence but I think I was too harsh. It's more plausible then I initially thought.
Honestly, if Sayu's doc hadn't exploded and spread as much as it did I probably would have agreed with you, but there's no way that they don't know about it which only really leaves two possibilities
1 - They're too retarded to realize that it's not a good time to joke about twitlongers/Google docs given the most recent involves them
or
2 - It was an intentional response about Sayu's doc specifically which just makes them out to be petty retards
Either way, it's lose/lose for them to bring it up

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Honestly, if Sayu's doc hadn't exploded and spread as much as it did I probably would have agreed with you, but there's no way that they don't know about it which only really leaves two possibilities
1 - They're too retarded to realize that it's not a good time to joke about twitlongers/Google docs given the most recent involves them
or
2 - It was an intentional response about Sayu's doc specifically which just makes them out to be petty retards
Either way, it's lose/lose for them to bring it up
I’ll go with option 1. They’re idiots.

I invoke Hanlon’s Razor "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
I invoke Hanlon’s Razor "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”
This is too meta for the internet to handle.

niggaphil

Wow, they really are nailing that extended (Nijisanji) family experience.
NijiEN family In front of everyone:

NijiEN family behind everyone:

Mentioning the google doc and twitlonger at this moment as a joke is not rrat anymore, it is pouring fuel to the fire.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Even as a Nijisanji fan myself, I'd kinda struggle to call working for Nijisanji a stable source of income, personally. Though maybe that's just me being more business minded.

I'll stick the bulk of this under a spoiler so those who don't care about this kind of thing don't have to see it clogging things up.

The vast majority of indie vtubers are on Twitch, not Youtube, and while Twitch has a 20% higher revenue split (50/50 compared to 70/30) it also has a much higher average number of viewers compared to Youtube; thus, a much higher potential audience. In the past month, unless I've missed something in the data, only eight members of NijiEN broke the top 100 viewed Vtubers across both platforms. Which is still an impressive number... Until you start to notice one big discrepancy.

These are the top five most viewed of NijiEN, with the number noted being their peak concurrent viewers.
image.png

This is a case of "Well, we already knew that" considering who it is, sure. However, the next highest viewed NijiEN member...
image.png

Is Selen, arguably the biggest female NijiEN streamer.. Who had less than 1/3rd of the viewers. The next highest two are Kotoka and Fulger.
i-rFSh6sSEyRfrSC1Mxe9w.png

image.png

Please pay close attention to the pointed out figure, because it's important to note; The peak viewership of Twenty-Two out of Thirty of NijiEN's members is below 11k, which means that the average peak viewership is likely MUCH lower.

Now, keep in mind... This was measuring peak viewer count, not average viewer count. In reality, the average viewer count would likely be a fraction of that number. So a fraction of a fraction of 11k. For the sake of simplicity, we'll treat these fractions as cutting in half each time. So we'd have an average viewer count of 2,750 for the average Nijisanji EN member.

So by the metric of sheer viewer numbers, you're almost surely going to go up. However, viewer numbers is not directly proportional to income. This is due to multiple factors, including;
  • You're actually likely getting LESS than a 50% cut off of Youtube no matter how you negotiate your split due to the addition of Nijisanji's split. The seeming accepted figure is 30%, which depending on how the contract is structured is either 30% off the top (making the revenue 40$ for every 100$ made at essentially a 40/60 cut) or 30% off the 70% in revenue you made after Youtube takes its cut (making the revenue 49$ out of every 100$ made, as 30% of 70$ is 21$).
  • Twitch's system for gifting subs takes into account ALL followers rather than just all people in chat, so you're actually more likely to make a higher passive income off of subs on Twitch compared to membership on Youtube by sheer virtue of the fact that you're more likely to make passive income off of non-viewers who follow but don't watch. Which is compounded by the fact that...
  • In my experience, both in practice and through all observations, a MUCH higher proportion of viewers will donate or sub to an Indie compared to a Corpo Vtuber. Generally speaking, a 2-3 view chuba will have a community with a higher percentage of dedicated viewers willing to open their wallets compared to the percent of viewers that a 4+ view chuba will have, and in many cases more willing to spend more in comparison. You can account this to the simplicity of donating/subbing on Twitch compared to Youtube, the idea of supporting a smaller viewer giving people their own little moral asspat, or even the concept of Twitch Prime allowing people to essentially give their favorite chuba 5$ without even SPENDING the 5$, but it doesn't change the numbers.
This not even getting into the fact that making money as a streamer is completely dependent on, you know... streaming. So a two week suspension over potentially arbitrary reasons from a corporation means two full weeks with absolutely no income. Especially in a company like Nijisanji which does a dramatic degree less of merchandise on a dramatically smaller scale, meaning you aren't even making enough off merch to properly off-set this two weeks.

Just speaking generally... Being an Indie Vtuber is actually a LOT more stable than being a Nijisanji streamer overall. Its just that as a Nijisanji streamer you have a CHANCE to potentially make more.

We definitely agree that Kyo is the biggest threat to future Nijisanji talent as a whole though. I constantly wanna give this dumbass the benefit of the doubt, and then he pulls this kind of stunt.
Niji and Cover already did the numbers for you. The streamers make the most money selling merch. Join Niji because you will sell merch and you get opportunities, especially if you are in Japan. Even JP 2views sell merch and get partnerships with local companies. Then there is fanbox and crowdfunding sites and game partnerships and and and. Anyways buy merch.

Old thread that talks about liver pay. I am sure plenty of Niji talents have jobs, I know for sure my girl Shiba had one and prob still has one

Edit
Recent clips from Matsuri about pay as well

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
3:46 pm and 10:56 pm aren't 10 min apart my friend

That last post is just facts. It’s this post that could be cope.
True not on the hour but what are the odds he picks exactly 10 min after in the minute section it smells fishy

This is fair I just think there is one too many coincidences (lawyers, twitlonger, google doc, and similar timestamp) to lean that way for me

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
This is even assuming that budget can be positively correlated with perception, which I'm not sure is something that can be measured. If you asked any NijiEN fans that have been there since the start what debut intros they found most memorable I feel like most people would say Pomu's low budget shitpost has stood the test of time the best. Noctyx and most of ILuna had high budget intros and I don't remember shit about any of them. XSoleil only debuted 6 months ago and my recollection of their lore videos - including Zaion's - is pretty poor. People fondly remember Ame's debut and it was just her fucking around with some visuals for an hour.

I'm not trying to be pedantic about how you or a debuting corpo V-Tuber would qualify a 'good impression' but what I am saying is that I don't even think their lore videos are the most important part of their debut streams. I don't remember shit about Selen's intro but she's EN's #1 girl in subs, so Zaion could have operated within her financial means and still trusted that her personality would more than make up for it, and the fact she chose to go big and cripple her funds was ultimately her own.
A single letter, properly delivered, can make a debut. So can dropped frames from smoke effects.

Airless

Active lurker

Then I'll go with 2. Whoever wins if/when the truth comes out can smug-post at the loser

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Then I'll go with 2. Whoever wins if/when the truth comes out can smug-post at the loser
what about option 3 it's manufactured in order to get people talking.

Fuck it ill go all in on this RRat.

:cursedbae:Kyo is too often a jackass publicly for it to not reflect what hes like behind the scenes yet he has few if any manager bonks suspensions ect and the other talents seem unaware or are ok with him being a bastard online.

which only makes sense if his entire Kyo persona is carfully created from nothing ive said it before elsewhere Enna is a litmus test. her and Kyo hang out too often dispite him seemingly throwing her under the bus

Kyo cannot be a real person.:cursedbae:

Last edited:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Lets not give let ourselves be consumed by a false consensus effect. This place is the minority on a lot of things, including Kyo. I do not see Kyo hate outside the vt like Twitter accounts, Pippacord, KF, and here.
Because nobody gives a shit about him, he's an unpopular pick even among a bloated cast. Just because you like him doesn't mean people care beyond noticing how much of a little bitch he is, you can argue all you want about this instance but it's undeniable the dude shat on Zaion when she got suspended (publicly :SelenHAHAhere:) on his alt account, so it's not like everyone here has some vendetta against this 2view twink wigger.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Because nobody gives a shit about him, he's an unpopular pick even among a bloated cast. Just because you like him doesn't mean people care beyond noticing how much of a little bitch he is, you can argue all you want about this instance but it's undeniable the dude shat on Zaion when she got suspended (publicly :SelenHAHAhere:) on his alt account, so it's not like everyone here has some vendetta against this 2view twink wigger.
Don’t worry, I don’t blame you for disliking him. When you already don’t care about someone and they do something shitty, it makes sense to be put off by them.

Also some horrifying news. He’s the 3rd most popular of Iluna. IMG_6151.png

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Don’t worry, I don’t blame you for disliking him. When you already don’t care about someone and they do something shitty, it makes sense to be put off by them.

Also some horrifying news. He’s the 3rd most popular of Iluna. View attachment 23998
That is indeed horrifying, Nijiniggas got worse taste than I thought holy shit.

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Also some horrifying news. He’s the 3rd most popular of Iluna. View attachment 23998
Being the third most popular of Nijisanji EN's second-to-least-popular wave is hardly impressive.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Being the third most popular of Nijisanji EN's second-to-least-popular wave is hardly impressive.
It wasn’t meant to be

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Top Bottom