"We [Tsunderia] were the first, FIRST, I promise you, -the- fucking first EN-vtuber agency, and we had the chance to make it big, we could've done it right? but fffFUCK nobody gave a SHIT about us you know?!"Matsuro Meru

Vsaikyo - The Vtuber APEX tournament

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Vsaikyo - The Vtuber APEX tournament. Season 5

Why should you care about this? The top Vtuber agencies take part in this, potentially annual, tournament. It's unique as the Vtuber scene, outside of VSPO, isn't particularly competitive but a confluence of factors has made it so that everyone feels good about participating. It's one of the best ways that Vtubers can network, interact and you'll see plenty of new interactions.

Details
Official website: https://vtuber-saikyo.jp/
Event date: 4/15/23 1800~ JST (4/14/23: 200 PST, 500 EST)
Points system: 1st=12 / 2nd=9 / 3rd=7 / 4th=5 / 5th=4 / 6-7th=4 / 8-10=2 / 11-15=1 /16-20=0 / 1 Kill=1
Kill points are capped:
Match 1 : 6PTS
Match 2,3 : 9PTS
Match 4,5 : No upper limit
Map: World's Edge
Quick overview
Vsaioverview.png
Teams
teamsandplays.png
Landing zones
dropzonemap.png
Looting areas - teams must gather the resources around areas indicated before moving out
dropfullteam.jpg
General Links:
Announcement
Vasi APEX info page - https://liquipedia.net/apexlegends/Vtuber_Most_Cooperatitive_Tournament/1
It has info from Vsai 1 through 5 so if you are curious you can check out the past tournaments
Haha anons spreadsheet - don't click if logged into google (actually I don't know who's the owner of this)

Same spreadsheet - lots of info and as chihirogumi said, it's updated after every match
CompetitiveApex reddit writeup

Streams to watch
Landing site lottery
Hal official custom
Results from official custom
Game 1
Game1.png
Game 2
game2.png
Game 3
game3.png
Scrims 4/8 - 4/13~
Scrim one is happening now

Clips for info
Fan links
Twitter of vsai enjoyer and map maker
Twitter of vsai chart maker
Reddit thread on the comp APEX subreddit
Reddit live discussion with links to watch alongs

Fun fact, Kuga Leo is actually an Aussie and speaks fluent English. Also, if I get shit wrong tell me.

Champ
champ.jpg

Last edited:

Bug Eater

I think TSB's relative inexperience is showing a bit today - learning the hard way that this lobby won't let mistakes go unpunished. Seems like they could still achieve their goal of reaching top 10 at least.

They got absolutely shit on by Sumire's team in game 5, the game audio bugged out which was unlucky. (small indie dev)
I guess you can call it revenge for the previous game where Axel downed Chihiro and La+.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
I think TSB's relative inexperience is showing a bit today - learning the hard way that this lobby won't let mistakes go unpunished. Seems like they could still achieve their goal of reaching top 10 at least.

They got absolutely shit on by Sumire's team in game 5, the game audio bugged out which was unlucky. (small indie dev)
I guess you can call it revenge for the previous game where Axel downed Chihiro and La+.
Yea, with their try hard mentality I can't see how they don't finish top 10 unless they completely melt down mentally. Which they seem to do. The usual teams looks good right now though: Gori, Kuzu, Paka and Kanae. Matsuri's team keeps getting bullied, poor 8pt master Festival.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
First scrim

The only team absent is Mahiro's (skyhook east with And Uge and Seto Miyako)
Images from vt
Game one
scrim1game1.png
Game two
scrims2game2.png
Game three
scrim1game3.png
Game four
scrim1game4.png
Game five
scrim1game5.png
Game six
scrim1game6.png
Game seven
scrim1game7.png
Game extra
scrim1gameextra.png
I don't know why Mahiro wasn't there - Astel (Ars and Asumi) and Sumire (Chiihiro and Lap+) didn't do the last round. Lapu is in a collab so I think that's why for her team.
statscrim1.jpg
Some stat anon. The VSPO girls are thirsty for kills when they are playing well. Also, Gori's team looking at the game 7 is the ideal team: Gori winning vs whoever, Nazuna harassing people and Niu cleaning up the kills. Niu's 4 kills are the same as 5th place - insane. BTW, Mimi is 7pts - this FPS hag is doing great

Last edited:

chihirogumi

Just wanted to say thanks for making this OP. This event is a huge deal and I'm glad there are more people on the EN side paying attention to it. rpr said that this event attracts many more viewers than even ALGS (the pro circuit for Apex). Unfortunately, EA and Respawn have been squandering Apex's chances as a long term e-sports game despite all the lucky breaks they've been getting.

Anyway, I'll probably give my predictions after most of the practice streams are over later this week and study all the teams playing. My early favorites are VGorilla's team, Pakael's team, Kuzuha's team, Noah's team, Tsuna's team, and Qpi's team. Sumire's team and Axel's teams are the dark horses imo. Axel's team should be favorites but they are inexperienced in tourney play, have high ping, and Axel gets emotional very easily leading to tunnel vision and conflicts with his team. Not a good sign. Sumire and Chii-chan are master level players, but La+ is kind of a dead weight and she's playing Lifeline instead of a more useful character. This lobby will not let a Lifeline revive finish unless it's sniper knock. On the plus side, this team has great chemistry both in the game and collab wise. Very good vibes and they've had some hilarious moments together. I love it whenever Chii-chan laughs.

As much as I think Pakael is a favorite he still has to get the monkey off his back that is his rep as a scrimm God but choker during the real thing. I'm afraid of Gorilla's team the most as usual since he is the only Pred level player and this time he isn't carrying dead weight. Niu and Nazuna can hold their own.

Also watch out for Astel, he plays a joke character, but on top of the kino content it produces by pissing everyone off, I think Maggie works best in the defense heavy meta that JP Apex players play. Here's a clip of him dropping a double hammer in an earlier scrim.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
While I, uh, don't care about Apex, I do admittedly sometimes see cute clips, and I gotta say, I appreciate Astel going 'Screw sweaty gamering, let's just troll everyone'.

I assume Kuzuha's attitude is similar, he's in the only 19 pt team, everyone else has 21, a few have 20... but he's running the only 19 pt team.

chihirogumi

While I, uh, don't care about Apex, I do admittedly sometimes see cute clips, and I gotta say, I appreciate Astel going 'Screw sweaty gamering, let's just troll everyone'.

I assume Kuzuha's attitude is similar, he's in the only 19 pt team, everyone else has 21, a few have 20... but he's running the only 19 pt team.
Oh it's definitely similar. From last year.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

Dudes a troll but don't let the 19pts fool you - they just don't grind rank. IMO, Kuzu = 8pt min. and both team mates at least 7.
Some more stats from the first scrim by some twitter person
Avg dmg
scrim1avgdmg.jpg
Avg kills
scrim1avgkill.jpg
Kill total over first 5 matchs
scrimtotal1-5.jpg
KLranksTL.png
Live now

Heads up - Altare not there so Noct is filling in with heavy handicap, a few coaches are playing - Mondo (Hinano's team), Noc (TSB), and Dizzy (AQF). Ha Yun ratted for 4th as a solo - nice. Altare overslept and is in for game 2.
scrim2game1.png
Game 2 - 4k damage as a duo, lots of people will be salty if AQF win including me
scrims2game2.png
Game 3
scrim2game3.png
Game 4 - festival really needs the coach right now
scrim2game4.png
Game 5
scrim2game5.png
Final Results
finalstandingsday2scrims.png
scrim2gameextra.png

Last edited:

Bug Eater

Game 2 - 4k damage as a duo, lots of people will be salty if AQF win including me
Yeah, Kuzuha's team is fucking scary.

TSB has been playing much better today, seems like they managed to put the dingo on a leash. (unfortunately in game 4 they turned into a loot delivery service for Runa's team- Axel thought they were landing on a solo, RIP)

edit: TSB WIN!!! Their endgame is really improving too

Last edited:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Yeah, Kuzuha's team is fucking scary.

TSB has been playing much better today, seems like they managed to put the dingo on a leash. (unfortunately in game 4 they turned into a loot delivery service for Runa's team- Axel thought they were landing on a solo, RIP)

edit: TSB WIN!!! Their endgame is really improving too
Yeah, they did really well. Their frantic coms still give me anxiety. Absolutely no chill.
statscrim2tl.png
statscrim2fulltl.png
Lauren is too damn powerful
scrims2dmgstat.jpg
Altare farming like a madman. When TSB rotate well he can just play Apex like Valo

Last edited:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Welcome to my blog. Day three happening now

Of note - still no RPR for festival
Also, another apex screen

It's purely the map view - nice to watch if you want to see rotations, etc.

Seeing some fun team comps. Lapu is on wraith with Chii on Watson and Sumire on Banga. The Niji destroyer team has a Newcastle.
scrim3game1.png
Missing a team - Looks like it was Gori's team
Game 2
scrim3game2.png
Tuna's revenge
Game 3
scrim3game3.png
Sumire rats from 12 -3 and maxed out kill points herself
Game 4
scrim3game4.png
Festival hot dropping on Paka and getting wiped, TSB going off with kills
Game 5
scrim3game5.png
Game 6
scrim3game6.png
Game 7
scrim3game7.png
Festival's team with and without a coach is day and night. Chii and Sumire looked really good and Lapu stayed alive. I would love to see them win. Pink brain and Jewelbox more then doubled their points from yesterday, they both played one really good game.

Last edited:

chihirogumi

Chii-chan, Sumire-chan, and Lap-chan secured first place in today's scrims! Let's go!
image.png

Last edited:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Chii-chan, Sumire-chan, and Lap-chan secured first place in today's scrims! Let's go!
View attachment 20016

Love to see it. Here is the error that you shared in the main thread

Glad that it happened to AQF seeing as they get a lot of views.

Bug Eater

Just some random timestamped moments from today's scrims:

Selen and Altare doing some clay pigeon shooting/bullying Minase

Cute interaction between Mimi and Altare (you can barely see but he was behind the other door)

chihirogumi

Btw I found a google doc for the OP post that provides every little detail about the tournament such as roster, apex rank, statistics, results etc.

Bug Eater

Oof, Axel and Altare got deleted by Kuzuha's team almost immediately in game 2. Selen managed to grab banners & res them but they got wiped by Pakael's team not long after.

They were complimenting Sumire's team before the game started which was nice to see.

Game 4 was well played, perfect zone call from Axel but the fast rotation meant they had no ammo for the final ring.

Game 5 was actually crazy - Kanae's team got a pick on Altare with a Kraber but lost the 3v2, TSB was immediately pushed by another team and Axel was downed - cue Selen going full rat mode, ultimately winning a 1v3 and securing them 3rd place with 7 KP, 5th overall.

From the queen herself

AQF spectating Selen Ratsuki
Hal's reaction on the main stream

Last edited:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Sumire's team team is being consistent so that's a good sign for them. TSN has overtaken AQF as the most annoying team for me but that's cause they are "bullying" Festival, really Lauren is very good and more important - consistent. With squid and rpr the girls are laughing more so I don't really care, hoping for top 10 and maybe more collabs in the future. Honma's team in top 10 is nice too, vsai has gotten a bit sweaty so decent placings in scrims will hopefully take any sting away from whatever the tournament results are.

Results from day four

scrim4game1.png
Game 2
scrim4game2.png
Game 3
scrim4game3.png
Game 4
scrim4game4.png
Game 5
scrim4game6.png
They only played 6 games - I think everyone is a bit fatigued.
scrim4game6.png
Rooting for team Maple Nuts Berry-dayo as my dark horse - I would love to hear Deron's victory war cries.

chihirogumi

A couple of highlights from yesterday's scrims. My oshi's team finally won a game! Sumire was extremely clutch in the final moments of the first game. Here's some reactions from other players.

Selen Ratsuki salvages a near hopeless situation with superb ratting skills knocking out 3 teams nearly by herself and getting 3rd in the last game. This also received some loud reactions from the other competitors and commentators.

This is a video of the champions of the day but I timestamped the Pakael champion because that dude is on another level. I'd say he is close to Virtual Gorilla as the one of the best players in this tourney. Ratted his way to champion while barely shooting his gun.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Scrims day 5 ~ it's been lots of Apex and teams have felt the burn
scrim5game1.png
Game 2
scrim5game2.png
Game 3
scrim5game3.png
Game 4
scrim5game4.png
Game 5
scrim5game5.png
Standings
scrim5finalstand.png
Extra games - Game 6
scrim5game6.png
Game 7
scrim5game7.png
Game 8
scrim5game8.png

Some takeaways
Axel and Sumire's teams had a "bad" day - Chiichan lost some sleep

Matsuri's team did better but would need lots of luck to get top 10. Lauren is still consistent. I think this will be fun

Have something that should cheer everyone up

Deron yelling in victory is still possible - rampart really fits her!

Last edited:

Bug Eater

Axel and Sumire's teams had a "bad" day
TSB seemed super tired yesterday (Selen even slept through a collab the night before) - I guess overall it was a combination of mental fatigue, bad luck, and avoidable errors. Hopefully they can recharge their batteries before the actual tournament.

We also learned that Altare cannot be trusted with Pathfinder, Selen is blind, Apex is a horror game & Axel just wants to chill (they did a bit of trolling in game 6):

Top Bottom