"I'm a really good streamer to sleep with"S.S. Isa

Vsaikyo - The Vtuber APEX tournament

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Announced on 2/21/23 the main event is almost here! Some teams have been practicing for weeks. The landing spot lottery stream broke 100k ccv.

What's to come? There is pre-event scrims and then the event.

You want to watch or follow along? I recommend TSB (Altare, Selen, Axel) or 3SEIKETSU (Matsuri, Elu, Ema with RPR and Squid as the TL) if you don't know Japanese.
There will be an official stream with Hal and co-commentator. Also, some English streamers/pros might do awatch-alongsnd I'll post them as I see them. If you want liveposting I know there is a discord for VSPO so feel free to search that out or just read vt's ぶいすぽっ! (VSPO general) posts. The most recent relevant reddit also.

My reports
Matsuri's team - compared to some teams that seem to collapse when someone is downed they fight pretty hard. That said, Matsuri gets downed too quickly and makes silly mistakes; in this format you need strong consistent performances so that's not good. Still, her IGL calls and camaraderie with Elu and Ema feel good. Hoping for a high placement in at least one game. They evolved from a quick rotating valk team, who got hunted early or bullied if they got a good rotation, into a team that can win some fights and and have fun. JFC Matsuri is a sound terrorist though, even after the team dies she keeps the game volume at 100% while receiving feedback/chatting.
Anyways have everyone swearing

Axel's team - sweat team: Selen personal coaches x2, 1v1 practice when dead during customs, Altare was a suprised Pikachu at the commitment but a good sport. Overall, very fun to watch if a bit frantic with their calls and mental. Maybe it's play style but when watching them if someone goes down it's doom or rat. It feels like an EN sports team in terms of their communication. Truly it's mental for them, good luck

These map overview streams show the RNG and strategy side of the game - day 5. Also the streamer does video cuts of the winning teams. Here is Honma winning - pretty cool to see the 3D map. Also, Honma
thiccma.jpg
If not a gyaru, get a girl from Osaka tabun

The pre-event is live

Last day of scrims
Game 1
preeventgame1.png
Matsuri... They died to zone and I am going insane
Game 2
preeventgame2.png
Game 3
preeventgame3.png
Game 4
preeventgame4.png
Win one game and top ten - good for everyone's mental. BTW, Matsuri pinned a comment on a previous that it's her "princess week". Not that I care but considering that some people try to track cycles I found it amusing how open she is.
Day 1-6 of scrims total points

For a laugh

Last edited:

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Just for the relay event I will watch Nose's POV and hope that someone messes up with her like Nazuna two years ago.

She didn't get trolled but still went the wrong way twice.

Jewel Box won the relay, followed by Starry Sky Magic, and third place went to Sanseiketsu.

Last edited:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Ok! It's here! The FINALS!
Check out last year's standings to get an idea of how the point totals can shake out.
lastyearfinals.jpg
Team listing here for vsai 4 last year.

Blog time
I was annoyed that AQF was dominating at first but I have embraced the salt now. Game's TSN or AQF's to lose and nipple-boy Lauren isn't farming festival as much so I am less salty. Sumire, Chiichan and La+ or Paka's team are preferred instead. Maple Nut Berry-dayo is still my dark horse. Again, Deron war cry. Other then Matsuri actually doing well the miracle teams I am rooting for are Honma and Mahiro. Honma because Honma/Shiina are cute plus OG Meika completes the Kansai team and Mahiro for something different plus Seto Miyako is an interesting girl. How interesting? Remember the girl who only has 3 streams in Niji? Seto is friends with her, Kataribe Tsumugu. Ha Yun's team would be the most annoying.

While we wait have Selen almost choking from laughter.

My favorite thumbnail from the scrims

Watch party
NiceWigg

Last edited:

chihirogumi

I'll give my predictions on a couple of favorites and dark horses.
Favorites
  1. Datsu Katsu (DK) - Pakael, Kuga Leo, and Rikka: This team is the scariest one of all led by the scrim god Pakael who has led his tream to 4 champions through this entire week of scrims. Dude is nearly on Gorilla's level and his teammates are no slouches either. Rikka has improved since his last appearance in the 3rd Vsaikyo and Kuga Leo is better than his rank suggests. The big question mark is, can Pakael shake the reputation as a choker on the actual match day and finally secure a 1st place finish?​
  2. Ei Kyuu Fumetsu (AQF) - Kuzuha, Ex Albio, Fuwa Minato: These guys have the most calm and composed comms out of the entire tournament, which is funny considering how loud they can get, and they have been consistently been getting high rankings and results. They're all better than their rank suggests with Kuzuha never finishing lower than 13th/60 in terms of individual stats each day. They've won the most champions with 5 in the scrimms so watch out for Kuzuha trying to repeat as Vsaikyo champion.​
  3. Team Snake Bite (TSB) - Axel Syrios, Selen Tatsuki, Altare Regis: This isn't an EN meme team, these guys are for real. Despite the shaky comms and Axel having a tendency to mald, he makes very good reads on next ring location and his gunplay and movement are as expected of a Master. Selen is the star of this team as the attack dog who is also a god-tier rat should things go to shit. Expect a couple highlight plays from her. Altare is the strongest 3 point player in the entire tourney. Dude just snipes, snipes, and snipes even more. Their biggest weakness is figuring out where to Valk ult after staying in one spot too long and their mental being shaky if things don't go their way, but other than that this is a scary team. Managed to get some very high placements.​
  4. Epicenter Michi o Akero (EMA) - Sumire Kaga, Chihiro Yuki, La+ Darkness - My oshi's team. Having watched them extensively I can give many thoughts on their chances. Despite not having the flashiest stats Chihiro is one of the best IGLs in this tournament, having played extensively in Predmas lobbies and a plethora of tournament experience and her gunplay has improved as the scrims have gone on. She's also a former Vsaikyo champion so underestimate her at your own peril. She's the best Wattson in this tournament. Sumire is a beast. Beams motherfuckers and even had an extremely clutch win on day 4. Two Master players on the same team is a huge advantage and they did win day 3 of the scrims in first place. La+ on the other hand is improving a lot since the start, but is definitely the weakest player on the team. I was skeptical of her using Lifeline at first, but considering their landing spot is absolute garbage for getting loot. Having a guaranteed armor upgrade with her care package ult is a boon for them. Plus as the only Lifeline in the tourney, some teams may not expect her revive ability.​
  5. Gorilla Unyu (GUN) - Virtual Gorilla, Yozuna Niu, Kaga Nazuna: Any team with Gorilla on it is an automatic favorite as he is the only Predator rank in this entire tourney. He has won the tourney twice and his teammates are the best he's had yet. The scrim performance isn't world beating, but don't be surprised if he shows up on tourney day.
Dark Horses
  1. TSN - Kanae, Lauren Irohas, Yuki Riri: Take one of the best snipers in the vtuber Apex community and pair him with a supposed former pred in Lauren Irohas and you have a recipe for a Vsaikyo champion. They've been performing well in the scrims too and Riri is pulling her weight as a 3 point player. They also have a very nice landing spot in Countdown with guaranteed blue+ armors and have been farming Matsuri's team for kp. We'll see if that happens on game day but I expect them to place high this year.​
  2. Maple Nuts Bunny-dayo (MNBD)- Kurumi Noah, Higuchi Kaede, Tosaki Mimi: Another team that has placed well in the scrims and that is due to Noah who I consider one of, if not, the best Apex player in Vspo. She could easily rack up high kill games up there with Pakael, Gorilla, Lauren, and Tsuna. Kaede loves playing as the only Rampart and in a meta that has you wanting other teams to fuck off, her with a Sheila is a good choice. Haven't seen much of Mimi but her stats indicate she pulls her weight.​
  3. Jewel Box (JWB)- Nekota Tsuna, Tokoyami Towa, Yakumo Beni: Tsuna formerly Bora Nun is the other Vspo girl that I consider one of the best Apex players in her company. They've been inconsistent but I believe they've figured it out the past couple of days. What may hurt them is the fact that Gibraltr is no longer the meta pick in comp Apex these days, and that is Towa's best character however she has been improving as Seer. Beni is an underrated Apex player who has improved as the scrims have gone on and the team has geled.​

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
I'll give my predictions on a couple of favorites and dark horses.
Favorites
  1. Datsu Katsu (DK) - Pakael, Kuga Leo, and Rikka: This team is the scariest one of all led by the scrim god Pakael who has led his tream to 4 champions through this entire week of scrims. Dude is nearly on Gorilla's level and his teammates are no slouches either. Rikka has improved since his last appearance in the 3rd Vsaikyo and Kuga Leo is better than his rank suggests. The big question mark is, can Pakael shake the reputation as a choker on the actual match day and finally secure a 1st place finish?​
  2. Ei Kyuu Fumetsu (AQF) - Kuzuha, Ex Albio, Fuwa Minato: These guys have the most calm and composed comms out of the entire tournament, which is funny considering how loud they can get, and they have been consistently been getting high rankings and results. They're all better than their rank suggests with Kuzuha never finishing lower than 13th/60 in terms of individual stats each day. They've won the most champions with 5 in the scrimms so watch out for Kuzuha trying to repeat as Vsaikyo champion.​
  3. Team Snake Bite (TSB) - Axel Syrios, Selen Tatsuki, Altare Regis: This isn't an EN meme team, these guys are for real. Despite the shaky comms and Axel having a tendency to mald, he makes very good reads on next ring location and his gunplay and movement are as expected of a Master. Selen is the star of this team as the attack dog who is also a god-tier rat should things go to shit. Expect a couple highlight plays from her. Altare is the strongest 3 point player in the entire tourney. Dude just snipes, snipes, and snipes even more. Their biggest weakness is figuring out where to Valk ult after staying in one spot too long and their mental being shaky if things don't go their way, but other than that this is a scary team. Managed to get some very high placements.​
  4. Epicenter Michi o Akero (EMA) - Sumire Kaga, Chihiro Yuki, La+ Darkness - My oshi's team. Having watched them extensively I can give many thoughts on their chances. Despite not having the flashiest stats Chihiro is one of the best IGLs in this tournament, having played extensively in Predmas lobbies and a plethora of tournament experience and her gunplay has improved as the scrims have gone on. She's also a former Vsaikyo champion so underestimate her at your own peril. She's the best Wattson in this tournament. Sumire is a beast. Beams motherfuckers and even had an extremely clutch win on day 4. Two Master players on the same team is a huge advantage and they did win day 3 of the scrims in first place. La+ on the other hand is improving a lot since the start, but is definitely the weakest player on the team. I was skeptical of her using Lifeline at first, but considering their landing spot is absolute garbage for getting loot. Having a guaranteed armor upgrade with her care package ult is a boon for them. Plus as the only Lifeline in the tourney, some teams may not expect her revive ability.​
  5. Gorilla Unyu (GUN) - Virtual Gorilla, Yozuna Niu, Kaga Nazuna: Any team with Gorilla on it is an automatic favorite as he is the only Predator rank in this entire tourney. He has won the tourney twice and his teammates are the best he's had yet. The scrim performance isn't world beating, but don't be surprised if he shows up on tourney day.
Dark Horses
  1. TSN - Kanae, Lauren Irohas, Yuki Riri: Take one of the best snipers in the vtuber Apex community and pair him with a supposed former pred in Lauren Irohas and you have a recipe for a Vsaikyo champion. They've been performing well in the scrims too and Riri is pulling her weight as a 3 point player. They also have a very nice landing spot in Countdown with guaranteed blue+ armors and have been farming Matsuri's team for kp. We'll see if that happens on game day but I expect them to place high this year.​
  2. Maple Nuts Bunny-dayo (MNBD)- Kurumi Noah, Higuchi Kaede, Tosaki Mimi: Another team that has placed well in the scrims and that is due to Noah who I consider one of, if not, the best Apex player in Vspo. She could easily rack up high kill games up there with Pakael, Gorilla, Lauren, and Tsuna. Kaede loves playing as the only Rampart and in a meta that has you wanting other teams to fuck off, her with a Sheila is a good choice. Haven't seen much of Mimi but her stats indicate she pulls her weight.​
  3. Jewel Box (JWB)- Nekota Tsuna, Tokoyami Towa, Yakumo Beni: Tsuna formerly Bora Nun is the other Vspo girl that I consider one of the best Apex players in her company. They've been inconsistent but I believe they've figured it out the past couple of days. What may hurt them is the fact that Gibraltr is no longer the meta pick in comp Apex these days, and that is Towa's best character however she has been improving as Seer. Beni is an underrated Apex player who has improved as the scrims have gone on and the team has geled.​
Agree on most but I would swap TSB and TSN and Lauren has been silly consistent. I would put Jewel box, Lisa's team (Pink Brain) and Ichinose's team (Sadame Gaming) outside the running.

RPR also doing a watch along. The girls bullied him into doing a facecam

Imma watch Matsuri, TSB and Lauren (silently cursing him to leave Festival alone). Hoping Chii chan or Deron wins it

Bug Eater

I'd love to see TSB do well, but yeah it really depends on how they manage their mental state - another consistent problem has been the shitty Frag East loot combined with difficult rotations when the zone pulls too far away. Either way, following their journey has been really satisfying and I think they have a lot to be proud of.

Also rooting for Noah/Tuna/Sumire/Matsuri, their teams have some of the cutest girls in this tournament :mitothink:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Game 1 thoughts
Everyone is playing with more caution. Mashiro's team was the first to die, one of the weakest teams. TSB are laughing a lot, nice to hear. Paka was aggressive. Matsuri played really well! Rat wins! Pro strat! Come on my dark horse Maple Nuts Bunny-dayo!
final1.png

Last edited:

Bug Eater

Rat wins! Pro strat! Come on my dark horse!
I was laughing my ass off, the bang ult from Noah was genius (ultimately I think TSN also messed up the timing of their medkits)

chihirogumi

I'm still baffled by how TSN (Kanae's team) handled that heal-off.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Game 2
Matsuri called Riku and asked that TSN leave her alone. Matsuri... Teammate gets beamed and she looks and dies. Seething and not coping right now. TSB valking to death isn't new. Runa went off! Love a good rat. I want to watch Deron's team now but I don't want to jinx it.
final2.png

chihirogumi

Noah's team might have already won this thing.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Game 3
Holy fuck. Festival griefed TSN! Pretty funny. BTW rpr was getting pretty salty in the scrims from TSN farming his team, he's proud now but wanted the full kill. Altare rat not as good as Selen but nice! Elu and Ema are saints cause Matsuri is so fucking loud. Qpi team struggle in scrims but now?! Happy for them. Astel is feeling it, I thought they would finish close to last. If Hoshikawa and Matsuri place next to each other it would be max teetee.
final3.png

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Noah got griefed by Astel in game 3. Not as insane as last year's tower defense with Sumire though.

Nazuna is playing Getting Over It...

Bug Eater

TSB's mental is already suffering, Noct is trying his best to keep their morale high though. Especially Selen - she's feeling particularly useless because she barely even got to shoot her gun over the past 2 games (he's keeping her occupied by 1v1ing her in the range)

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Noah got griefed by Astel in game 3. Not as insane as last year's tower defense with Sumire though.

Nazuna is playing Getting Over It...
I think that's her thing that she plays the game during downtime.

Rpr graduated - weird time to announce he is leaving scarz

Here is hoping that Mashiro's team isn't last. Heads up - there is no kill limit these last two rounds.

Bug Eater

Honestly not that surprised to hear this after Mande left last year (he's now doing really well for himself at TSM)
Sucks though, rpr/Mande/Taisheen were super fun to watch at ALGS

chihirogumi

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHIICHAN CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
How do Vsaikyo teams get chosen I'm guessing the team leader gets an invitation and then the leader invites 2 teammates?

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
I think that's her thing that she plays the game during downtime.

Here is hoping that Mashiro's team isn't last. Heads up - there is no kill limit these last two rounds.
He mentioned during the intermission to 3seiketsu that he's planning to move to Japan either this year or next.

The seiso team also got 2nd in the fourth game.
How do Vsaikyo teams get chosen I'm guessing the team leader gets an invitation and then the leader invites 2 teammates?
Pretty much. There's a points limit tied to rank as well. Leaders can also return their invitations if they want to join other leaders and Hal will redistribute the invitations.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Game 4
Matsuri fast rotate ~ yay. TSB mental... so bad. What the fucking fuck fuck fuck Matsuri. Who's boyfriend is playing? Good Chii chan win, makes me happy. Alright, let's go! Last game
final4.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom