"VTubing is the same kind of escape for mentally unwell women as Argentina was for the Nazis"Kuri Rinji

Culinary Catastrophes

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Word on the street is that you were going to do this? Here's my take.

View attachment 801View attachment 802
I will update everyone in the coming days with pictures of how they turn out. I followed the wisdom of a fat black lady I found on Youtube. I figured if anyone know knows how to make this shit taste good, it's her.

I don't know if XenForo strips metadata from the images but there is a surprise in there if it is intact. Also, I suggest using other flavors with a greater color variety when you do this. I knew I had Kool-Aid at home when I went to fetch the pickles from Aldi but like 80% of it was grape and the remaining ones were all shades of red.

Good luck.​

Finally went grocery shopping and here's my attempt at it. Only made two as the flavors were limited at the store I went to, and I wouldn't really be able to finish eating these even if they're good. Might make other flavors later just to try it out.

1663795976839.png1663796034142.png
I also followed Gay Black's recipe, not Fat Black's as the half cup of sugar sounded much more reasonable to me, as did his method of pouring out the juice and mixing it in a separate container instead of pull out all the pickles and then having to play a game of pickle Tetris to get them all back into the jar.

And now we wait for the day of the taste test.

Last edited:

Johnny Jambalaya

BlueSharkTV alt account
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Finally went grocery shopping and here's my attempt at it. Only made two as the flavors were limited at the store I went to, and I wouldn't really be able to finish eating these even if they're good. Might make other flavors later just to try it out.

I also followed Gay Black's recipe, not Fat Black's as the half cup of sugar sounded much more reasonable to me, as did his method of pouring out the juice and mixing it in a separate container instead of pull out all the pickles and then having to play a game of pickle Tetris to get them all back into the jar.

Absolutely amazing. I can't wait to try mine even though my hopes for them being actually good are super low.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter

This level of dedication is impressive. I wonder how Kool Aid pickled eggs would taste like, or if I'm already answering my question? This thread always gives me a laugh.

[Deleted photos, sorry]

Last edited:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This level of dedication is impressive. I wonder how Kool Aid pickled eggs would taste like, or if I'm already answering my question? This thread always gives me a laugh.

Edit: I sent this to my wife and this is what she sent back:
View attachment 1089
I think you broke her, good job.

More:
View attachment 1090
Stop torturing your poor wife dude, does she know you like vtubers?

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Absolutely amazing. I can't wait to try mine even though my hopes for them being actually good are super low.

I noticed everyone saying you should let it sit for a week, but I wonder if that's just something someone said once and it stuck. I think I'll try one half a week in and then a week in to see if it's different. I'm hopeful that they don't taste terrible, but the smell when making them wasn't exactly appetizing for the cherry.

Edit: I sent this to my wife and this is what she sent back:
View attachment 1089
I think you broke her, good job.

More:
View attachment 1090
Do it, make the Kool Aid pickled eggs.

Who knows the next step is Lean Pickles and at some point if the pact ever needs to be exercised then Kool Aid itself is just not enough compared to the pickled version.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
Stop torturing your poor wife dude, does she know you like vtubers?
That's a no, I think. She knows I watch something weird. I used to be able to make fun of her watching TikTok, I still do, but I've had to lessen it. It's my horrible secret.
Do it, make the Kool Aid pickled eggs.
I may just do it, but what if we use flavoraid for the authentic Jim Jones feel?

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
That's a no, I think. She know I watch something weird. I used to be able to make fun of her watching TikTok, I still do, but I've had to lessen it. It's my horrible secret.

I may just do it, but what if we use flavoraid for the authentic Jim Jones feel?
You shouldn't be afraid of it, if she doesn't like it then tell her to pack her bags, my chuuba addiction is a lifestyle and i will not compromise over it for anything.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I used to be able to make fun of her watching TikTok
Ask if she's ever heard of the famous tiktoker that's a cartoon pink bunny girl.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
You shouldn't be afraid of it, if she doesn't like it then tell her to pack her bags, my chuuba addiction is a lifestyle and i will not compromise over it for anything.
That's almost ten years of marriage. She already has to deal with my unfiltered thoughts, I think it's ok if she doesn't care about anime or chubbas. She's has my same sardonic sense of humor and has good taste in normal TV shows.
Ask if she's ever heard of the famous tiktoker that's a cartoon pink bunny girl.
She probably has. She asks me, "Is this anime?" (she knows I watch anime) - and I'll just nod.

Last edited:

Saelith

inundated retardation

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
So half a week in, I decided to try the pickles, here's a photo of what they look like and the cut in half cross section, the left is Cherry and the right is Fruit Punch:
1664157464903.png1664157482967.png
The big thing I noticed is that they pretty much just taste like the Koolaid and not pickle, though I never drank Koolaid so I'm not sure how accurate that is. The cherry was too artificial for me and reminds me of vomit, but the fruit punch is kind of nice as it's just tastes like crunchy fruit punch, which isn't awful. I might try other flavors in the future as they weren't as awful as I expected.

I'll check back on them once the full week passes and see if anything's changed.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
So half a week in, I decided to try the pickles, here's a photo of what they look like and the cut in half cross section, the left is Cherry and the right is Fruit Punch:
The big thing I noticed is that they pretty much just taste like the Koolaid and not pickle, though I never drank Koolaid so I'm not sure how accurate that is. The cherry was too artificial for me and reminds me of vomit, but the fruit punch is kind of nice as it's just tastes like crunchy fruit punch, which isn't awful. I might try other flavors in the future as they weren't as awful as I expected.

I'll check back on them once the full week passes and see if anything's changed.
So does this mean Lisa isn't completely crazy when talking about Kool-Aid pickles?

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter

Impressively disgusting, although the fruit punch sounds pretty good.

We need to go further with Koolaid Pickled Fish:
Screenshot 2022-09-25 210600.jpg

Pickled Fish Recipe: In Wine Koolaid​

Yield: 1 ½ pounds pickled fish
Ready in: 7 days

Pickled Fish Ingredients:
  • 1 ½ pounds filleted fish
  • 1 cup salt
  • 1 quart water
  • 2-3 cups white vinegar, divided
  • 1-2 onions, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup sugar
  • ½ cup Koolaid
  • ¼ piece of sliced lemon, squeezed
  • 1 tablespoon pickling spices

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
So does this mean Lisa isn't completely crazy when talking about Kool-Aid pickles?
She might be onto something, though I'm not sure how much. The cherry one is awful.

Impressively disgusting, although the fruit punch sounds pretty good.

We need to go further with Koolaid Pickled Fish:
View attachment 1299
The fruit punch one is something I might make again in the future, but I'll give it some time and try them again after the week has passed, as maybe it was just the contrast to the cherry that made me like it.

Oh god no, pickled herring is too good to taint in such a way.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
She might be onto something, though I'm not sure how much. The cherry one is awful.
Sure, but the other one must be pretty good if you're thinking what other flavours you will try next.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
Oh god no, pickled herring is too good to taint in such a way.
If pickles can be sacrificed in such a way, so can the herring. We must move forward, beyond the boundary of taste and sanity.
Also, any red Koolaid use and we can call it "A Red Herring.'

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Sure, but the other one must be pretty good if you're thinking what other flavours you will try next.
More of a morbid curiosity. There were three flavor packets at the store and I ended up not using the grape one, I just drank it and it was nothing like grape, more like citric acid, so I'd like to also try to Koolaid on its own to see how it compares.

If pickles can be sacrificed in such a way, so can the herring. We must move forward, beyond the boundary of taste and sanity.
Also, any red Koolaid use and we can call it "A Red Herring.'
Maybe I'll make some, not a whole jar though, just a few pieces, and only for the content.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
More of a morbid curiosity. There were three flavor packets at the store and I ended up not using the grape one, I just drank it and it was nothing like grape, more like citric acid, so I'd like to also try to Koolaid on its own to see how it compares.

Maybe I'll make some, not a whole jar though, just a few pieces, and only for the content.
I haven't had Koolaid since childhood, so I have no idea what it tastes like.

If I actually prepare herring I will only use a bit for content, it's too much work for a meme and I'd probably feel bad for the fish after a day.

But, a really peaty scotch could actually bring out the flavors in the herring.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
This is revolting, thank you all so much.

Like i would understand pickling shit in gatorade with all the salts in it and shit, why koolaid?

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Top Bottom