"Yay, beating women!"Pipkin Pippa

DEV_IS Discussion/Debut Thread

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
You might be the only westoid more hyped for this than EN3, but I must say that I appreciate your enthusiasm.
Maybe you can illuminate why the hype for this new group is so muted?

It's new! It's big! It's the literal incarnation of half a decade of memes about Yagoo's idols! HoloX finally gave us a full group and Advent followed it up but this is a UNIT! (I know ID3 but it hits different with 5 people vs 3). Will Cover be able to utilize years of experience to elevate these talents into the stratosphere?

Now that I think about it, Idol loving chuubas have been quiet about this group. Is Kiara jealous? Did everyone block them like Fubuki did so she could do a stream blindly predicting their traits? Is Narissa secretly salty thinking her thunder is being stolen? Who knows but the lack of hype is interesting in itself.

Maybe ignore me

But they fit in regardless

Ok. A Jp post I found on twitter
Ok. I like this style

I guess I want a real life 4kuma BUT I am so excited for them.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Maybe you can illuminate why the hype for this new group is so muted?

It's new! It's big! It's the literal incarnation of half a decade of memes about Yagoo's idols! HoloX finally gave us a full group and Advent followed it up but this is a UNIT! (I know ID3 but it hits different with 5 people vs 3). Will Cover be able to utilize years of experience to elevate these talents into the stratosphere?

Now that I think about it, Idol loving chuubas have been quiet about this group. Is Kiara jealous? Did everyone block them like Fubuki did so she could do a stream blindly predicting their traits? Is Narissa secretly salty thinking her thunder is being stolen? Who knows but the lack of hype is interesting in itself.

Maybe ignore me

But they fit in regardless

Ok. A Jp post I found on twitter
Ok. I like this style

Idk, I genuinely have no idea wtf is happening to the Hololive fandom atm, most discussion seems to orbit around the males and the unicorns and this gen has only been used as another fighting ground for that argument. This group feels like it came at the worst possible time, a regular gen would've been better to shut people up but maybe not, seeing as how advent has already been left by the wayside as old news because drama has to be brewed over nothing.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Idk, I genuinely have no idea wtf is happening to the Hololive fandom atm, most discussion seems to orbit around the males and the unicorns and this gen has only been used as another fighting ground for that argument. This group feels like it came at the worst possible time, a regular gen would've been better to shut people up but maybe not, seeing as how advent has already been left by the wayside as old news because drama has to be brewed over nothing.
"Most discussion" meaning the main thread here? Where shitposts, drama and also random tidbits from the liveposting threads reign? I would love to have a more diverse user base commenting here but not gonna happen. Gen 7 would have stirred up resentment that it came too soon after advent. What I gather from the conversation over the last week plus is that NEW equals confusing. I hope that JP doesn't need such hand holding.

Orca is cute

God's Strongest Dragoon

Well that's definitely one of the most interesting model reveals for a debut I've seen. Way better than them crawling up from the bottom of the screen.

Jealous

Lurker

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

First Team Mute in a while? Haha

Well, we've established the Pon of the group.

Ao is supposed to be 173 cm tall. Doubt.

Oh no, a VRChatter??!?!

Last edited:

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Well, Ao is the second pon exposed. Messing up slides and muting by accident.

Not-Username

Well seems ririka isn't the only Pon

Edit:
Lol 3 braincells (why can't we delete posts again?!)

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Has to be at least one accidental mute on debut. Her panicking is pretty cute.

I like her art too, hoping she does chill drawing streams.
859403.jpeg

God's Strongest Dragoon

So she went full gap moe within her first 2 mins on screen. Is that a new record?

MeteorImpact

>Doesn't like whales
Chloe is in absolute shambles

Horo7618

No one in particular

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

>Doesn't like whales
Chloe is in absolute shambles
What was the other dislike? I didn't get a chance to read it.

They're going hard for the Ojo-sama bit. Though probably a good idea to start out your Hololive career apologizing. Just get it out of the way.

CCV over 100k.

Bamukuchen.
That round cake thingy that has like a hundred thin layers.

Ah, okay. Katakana transliterated German is always hard as an English native speaker. It seems like it should be an English word but it isn't.

God's Strongest Dragoon

That mouth tracking is pretty scuff. And yup, they're leaning hard into that "cool woman that dresses like a guy that seduces women" anime trope.

Jealous

Lurker

MeteorImpact

USS IOWA

Most discussion I see on X about DEV_IS is that most women wants to fuck the blue one.

Biskuit Regal

Early Adopter
>Likes Osomatsu-san
Yeah, she's definitely a 100% true woman

Top Bottom