"You are neurodivergent"Amanogawa Shiina (to Titanosaurus)

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Punished Lurker

Probably the wrong place to put this but might be slightly adjacent to vtuber as they tried to do ruby as a vtuber for a time if I remember right. Rooster teeth is closing.

Man this is fucking depressing. As God's strongest freebird said it's a tragedy to see such an important company from the early internet go from the top to becoming a shadow of themselves and being closed like this. Achievement Hunter, Red vs Blue and RWBY were really important to me when I was younger and watching it die like this... it hurts so much :depressedtako:
Sorry for the sadposting but his year has been hitting me hard, even on my personal life.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

1) You make a song for Nijisanji, they don't release it, and they own it forever. He got paid but no-one will ever know what that song was like. Man, that's gotta suck.
2) If the Legal Mindsest Nijisanji contract stream was enough to make this man talk to his lawyer, the contract read on-stream must be very similar, if not identical, to the ones that talents actually sign.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Mystery Time

Last night, a good smattering of Vtuber fans were randomly recommended on YT homepage to check out this stream.

But no one knows who it is? Only that they have an amazing voice and the algorithm brought everyone there.

Some chat excerpts:
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

its eli sougetsu

part of the very first 774 along with patra and is a really great singer

listen to her sometimes youll feel healed

she was really beloved back then even though it was such a short time and many were sad on her graduation

and iirc shes the only 774 talent that graduated to this date but i could be wrong

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
She's not gonna be anywhere near his numbers after this month, that's just the temporary boost she got from the controversy and redebut.
[Edit] Not that she's doing badly or anything, she's just not like in top 10 territory....

I think she has the potential to be that way, honestly. Only thing I worry about is her mental health taking a plunge again and her burning out. She clearly has the dynamism and creativity to be a top-level streamer overall, and her capitalization on this initial boost has been extremely clever.

Horo7618

No one in particular
I think she has the potential to be that way, honestly. Only thing I worry about is her mental health taking a plunge again and her burning out. She clearly has the dynamism and creativity to be a top-level streamer overall, and her capitalization on this initial boost has been extremely clever.
Oh she could definitely be one of the top EN indie vtubers if she isn't already (I haven't looked at stats). But there's a reason most everyone on that list is JP, they have the biggest vtuber audience, and I don't know how much appeal Doki has in that market...

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
On the one hand, I agree that trauma dumping on vtubers is pretty gay (and especially in the case of the vtuber she was quoting. DMing a vtuber on discord about killing yourself? Good God). On the other hand, she went out of her way to sound as cunty as possible, so I'm not surprised by the backlash. It depends on how they phrase it (if you're going to share something that's got you down, you can at least thank the streamer for making you feel better in the same breath), but if a guy's beat up about his girl leaving him, the least you can do is give a "sorry, bro", even if you don't mean it. The punishment does not fit the hypothetical crime.
The problem is that if you give these people the soft touch, they won't get the hint and will keep doing it, and that's how you end up attracting an oversensitive audience of mentally ill people who want you to make them feel heckin' valid all the time, who will become a liability.

I feel bad for streamers in this position because there's obviously no good optics in telling a retard to kill themselves... but at the same time, there are some retards out there who probably should just kill themselves.

Probably the wrong place to put this but might be slightly adjacent to vtuber as they tried to do ruby as a vtuber for a time if I remember right. Rooster teeth is closing.

Rooster Teeth died about a decade ago, I guess Warner are just throwing out the corpse.

1) You make a song for Nijisanji, they don't release it, and they own it forever. He got paid but no-one will ever know what that song was like. Man, that's gotta suck.
2) If the Legal Mindsest Nijisanji contract stream was enough to make this man talk to his lawyer, the contract read on-stream must be very similar, if not identical, to the ones that talents actually sign.

This sounds like standard work-for-hire fare. I understand feeling bad that something he worked on hasn't been used, but at the same time if he sold the rights to Nijisanji it's theirs to do whatever they want with it. This is pretty standard practice in entertainment because if they've paid for it, they might as well hold onto it in case they can repurpose it for something else in the future. If they just tell him "hey our project fell through so you can publish it yourself" then they're sacrificing that opportunity and have effectively paid for nothing.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
She's not gonna be anywhere near his numbers after this month, that's just the temporary boost she got from the controversy and redebut.
[Edit] Not that she's doing badly or anything, she's just not like in top 10 territory....
What Proctor said, I believe she got what it takes to ride this wave for a few months and consolidate herself as a top dog as well. While giving away money to anyone who makes stuff for you can get you into a hole, it is a great (re)start strategy as it will bring people at your best, then they'll follow through from being comfortable in her presence.
I think the only thing she lacks for now is a fangame, and I don't think she is short of paying anyone willing to show a decent pilot.
Oh she could definitely be one of the top EN indie vtubers if she isn't already (I haven't looked at stats). But there's a reason most everyone on that list is JP, they have the biggest vtuber audience, and I don't know how much appeal Doki has in that market...
She was looking into people for translating and adapting media in japanese like Dokibites, I don't know if she's gonna to tap the chinese market as well.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS

God's Strongest Mozumite

Gaod help me.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Here comes today's (compared to the last few weeks) bite-sized :sanasmile:BROWN WOMAN UPDATE:sanasmile:

First, Sara Nagare is doing her customary zatsudan stream:

Nyaru is taste-testing MREs, hopefully she's not pulling a Steve and eating ones from the 1st World War, because that would give a new meaning to "tummy hort" :calivomit:

Tomoe Umari is back to building streams, this time gunpla instead of LEGO:

And finally, like alpha and omega, Sara is the beginning and the end of this post, as she is doing a second stream today playing Tropico 6:

This has been yet another :sanasmile:BROWN WOMAN UPDATE:sanasmile:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
1. How is Fauna on there?
2. How is Bae NOT on there? She streamed every day for the entire month.
It is average viewership of VTubers over 30 hours. Fauna could have streamed 30 (which is almost nothing) hours of Minecraft and easily have average CCV of over 11k because she usually does when she streams MC.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
lumi is playing supermarket simulator reliving her retail nightmares but you know whats even better?
SHES FUCKING SINGING
BROS SHES SO GOOD

She'll be singing at least one song on stream every day this month, it looks like. Nice little bonus.

The only people I ever gave a shit about at RT were those who were established and I liked before they joined RT (Funhaus/former Inside Gaming and James from The Creatures/Cow Chop). The original Funhaus crew fell apart a while ago and James left to go back to being a solo content creator a long time ago.

Like many other groups, RT grew way too big to keep themselves grounded and actually deliver what people wanted and focused too much on non-issues. Was only a matter of time before the final nail was driven into their coffin.

This was almost entirely self-inflicted, but I understand the disappointment of the fans/former fans.

That's awesome. Good for Doki.

I also want to celebrate our girl Miko hitting the top and Subaru at #5.

Actual non-sarcastic Migo for once
:mikothumbsl::mikothumbsl::mikothumbsl:

Horo7618

No one in particular
This sounds like standard work-for-hire fare. I understand feeling bad that something he worked on hasn't been used, but at the same time if he sold the rights to Nijisanji it's theirs to do whatever they want with it.
There are two rules for this and unfortunately for that dude it sounds like he broke both of them:
1) understand what you're signing
2) if you're doing work for hire, charge work for hire prices (which should be substantially higher than for cases where you retain ownership)

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Call-in exorcist Ninoegyn and bug girl Beri are playing A Way Out today, they're pretty homo with each other albeit both being fujos, post your girlyaoi in chat if you like their dynamic (I think they're pretty dope and @Would Nino's design)

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
There are two rules for this and unfortunately for that dude it sounds like he broke both of them:
1) understand what you're signing
2) if you're doing work for hire, charge work for hire prices (which should be substantially higher than for cases where you retain ownership)
True, but Nijisanji aren't paying work-for-hire prices for artists when their legal department are earning $8/hour.

Horo7618

No one in particular
True, but Nijisanji aren't paying work-for-hire prices for artists when their legal department are earning $8/hour.
Nijisanji? Paying? No, that's the liver's job.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
She's been pulling a steady 10k ccv minimum since coming back, I think.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Good riddance. RT has been functionally dead for at least half a decade.
She's been pulling a steady 10k ccv minimum since coming back, I think.
I would only start counting once the drama fully dies down and people stop giving a shit, february is definitely not a usable metric. It's like polling for the most talked about country right after the russian invasion... no fucking brainer.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Mystery Time

Last night, a good smattering of Vtuber fans were randomly recommended on YT homepage to check out this stream.

But no one knows who it is? Only that they have an amazing voice and the algorithm brought everyone there.

Some chat excerpts:
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Not Beatani, don't care.

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

I'm pretty fucking pissed we're denied more Ghost Data because Niggisanji are fucking retards.

Top Bottom