"Hmm, men should get pregnant more often"Erina Makina

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

braindoko

Yuko is graduating, surprising no-one.

Archive

JQdiS4t.png

Following through on the five-day marathon from the donothon on her way out is admirable, though I can't help but feel this has been forced by the company so they don't have to hand out more refunds. I could see it being quite awkward since most of her fans from her Idol persona hate her now.

other companies:
>CHUUBA was an irreplaceable part of GENNAME and we're sad by her departure

Spicycrap's Happy Merchant "Idol" Factory:
>Donothon completed, we proceed to dispose of the corpse

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Look at this cute fucking dinosaur!

Is it just me or did she model her character voice after a Land Before Time character?

She's live now.

And in a few hours with more dinosaur games

Art: Dinosaur themed

Amazing design. Good to see she seems to be doing well.

Yuko is graduating, surprising no-one.

Archive

JQdiS4t.png

Following through on the five-day marathon from the donothon on her way out is admirable, though I can't help but feel this has been forced by the company so they don't have to hand out more refunds. I could see it being quite awkward since most of her fans from her Idol persona hate her now.

Not surprised. At this point it was more of a "when". As for Coni im still not sure. She seems to be doing her thing and doesnt seem to be just going MIA but after the Riro thing she activated Menace account and even got that banging new design going. She had privated some of her ASMRs and she slowly started changing them back to public.

I am still wondering wtf happened. She clearly was Idol's top earner although Rin did blow up fairly hard so its possible that at some point Rin did surpass her but im pretty sure that when it comes to superchats Yuko still had top in the company.

The majority of her donothon rewards were already complete with just a small handful remaining, including the marathon stream (happening this week) and iirc an ASMR and a music video which I assume are what the announcement notice is referring to.
Took over a year though.

It's only a matter of time before they are back to playing Apex together.

I expect Doki to pick him up and put him in all of her tournaments.

This is smart, accelerating this far in is self-defeating since the supply of new vtubers is far outweighing the demand for them, and all new debutants do is cannibalise views from other talent in the company. @The Proctor made the observation on his stream a while ago that the audience for vtubers has grown about as wide as it's likely going to and the people who're in the market for them likely don't have much space for new ones, which I 100% agree with.

Strengthening the value of the existing IP is the obvious second phase of the business for Cover in particular since the Hololive brand has so many appealing characters to work with, and it gives them an opportunity to monetise outside of standard livestreaming. I'd like them to take their music output more seriously personally, since they have some strong vocalists on board already and it'd promote the live shows more if they manage to get the talents some radio hits.
People want Vtubers they can grow with. No one wants an oshi that will start going on long breaks after the first 10 months and will probably graduate before the 2nd year. Why the fuck would anyone invest time and money on someone like that, especially knowing that the company is shit and half of your donos are going to it.

Archive

JQqfrcN.png

You fucking called it.

To be fair Ryo Agawa is a great artist.

Sera Kesera's and Ivaela Daemoni's chatting collab(Globie girls)

Sera is nice but her stream setup is a potato. Very sweet girl.

Fair enough Lol, to each their own I guess.

Also on Yuko's graduation thread on /vt/, there was a picture roaming from her Ryeisbread days where she pulled up a picture of her being in a swimsuit with a succubus womb tattoo. (For obvious reasons below I'm not gonna post it)

View attachment 70657View attachment 70658

What is even the story behind this...
Her Throne was full of lewd cosplay succubus/lingerie type shit and one of them was a skimpy swimsuit. She also had womb tattoos and she took a pic with em from what I remember. Don't remember if that was shortly before or after Idol.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Yae's Zatsu starting now.

And Lottie playing Super Mario Bros 2.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
No, I say good riddance. If she wanted to draw a line and reel her behaviors back then that's one thing, but instead she went back to some fags (who are massive creeps in and of themselves if the rumors are true) that mocked her career and audience. People say there are better ways she could have changed course, but the method would never have mattered if she had so little pride in her work that she was willing to join her own antis.
I don't think she always held contempt though. I get the impression that it started from a genuine place, she got self-conscious and then backpedaled so hard that she ended up adopting an image of her own fanbase like she was an outsider, rather than acknowledge that she was the center of it. There was months of her just doing normal shit before she took the plunge into GFE, to me that says she naturally wanted to try GFE for her supporters. It's not a far stretch either, even in her own generation, Fuyo pretty much does the same thing.
That makes it all the more pathetic if true because she ended up sabotaging everything out of cringe and will come to regret it, or is just the sort of person capable of completely flipping their emotions on something and shouldn't have a platform at all. That's why I can't say she made an "honest" attempt to fix problems, it all felt like an impulse and doing things as Rye when she was still Yuko was the height of spitefulness. Either way she hurt fans by fucking off for no real reason. She didn't see them as supporters, she saw them as an extension of the issues she was having.

Also I take umbrage saying GFE was the root cause of issues, it's a lazy way of handwaving shit and expressing discomfort rather than looking at the actual issues. GFE shit is so oversimplified to its worst examples that people associate it with disgusting levels of entitlement and objectification when there's more nuance than that. It's like how idol culture is thrown out because of its most evil stories of talent abuse and psycho stalkers, even though it's a foundation Hololive builds on top of.
Vtubing appeals to people who are more predisposed to become personally invested in who they're watching and I think vtubing appeals to girls that like that closer connection and playing out fiction. GFE content is where those two worlds meet and in sane cases it's more like fan service than some ERP shit. On some level every vtuber fan with an oshi projects infatuation onto the person they watch, even Proctor who is vocally against GFE frequently appreciates Kirsche for her qualities as a woman. It's not a far reach to say how that's an extension of the same thing and it would be more constructive to try and define sensible boundaries than to stigmatize it.
What I will agree on though is people who explicitly look for just GFE and don't look at anything further the vtuber does are shitty and deserve the mockery. Same for vtubers that are thinly-veiled e-girls and throw out their self-respect and play into that shit for a quick buck.
Well, if you want to argue about semantics, the real cause was Coomers attracted by GFE. Coomers dump oshis the second they're not providing content that gets their dick hard. This is a well-known fact, and many others, and I have repeated it for years, but I think you're missing the destructive cycle. Coomers also push out normal fans who were there for the person as well. This destructive cycle works in the same fashion as poisoning a dog with anti-freeze as coomers reward destructive behavior with cash and subsequently push out the audience base who doesn't want that shit, and this repeats until destruction. Say what you will about her old fan base but the current boo bros and the state of her carrier deserve to be mocked by everyone, former fan, and normie alike.

BW042

People want Vtubers they can grow with. No one wants an oshi that will start going on long breaks after the first 10 months and will probably graduate before the 2nd year. Why the fuck would anyone invest time and money on someone like that, especially knowing that the company is shit and half of your donos are going to it.

This. It speaks to the core of Hololive's problems, mainly EN. EN's struggle before was that they couldn't partake in all the festivities and we were feral to see them get involved, now they're so preoccupied with travel for JP events, on top of the events they do as EN group, that it leaves the fans starved for streams. JP manages to juggle both due to the distance and I love the work that Hololive does, but I'll be lying if I said that I don't feel bitter towards EN projects due to the void it's built. It makes me wish cover had mandated streaming seasons, instead of getting the rare postcard about how they made it in Holowood.
I'm glad Fuwamoco is the one I picked up in Advent because moving to Japan should hopefully bypass that issue, so far though it seems to have killed them.

Paladin said:
Well, if you want to argue about semantics, the real cause was Coomers attracted by GFE. Coomers dump oshis the second they're not providing content that gets their dick hard. This is a well-known fact, and many others, and I have repeated it for years, but I think you're missing the destructive cycle. Coomers also push out normal fans who were there for the person as well. This destructive cycle works in the same fashion as poisoning a dog with anti-freeze as coomers reward destructive behavior with cash and subsequently push out the audience base who doesn't want that shit, and this repeats until destruction. Say what you will about her old fan base but the current boo bros and the state of her carrier deserve to be mocked by everyone, former fan, and normie alike.
I wasn't around for the grooming in action so I didn't get to see how it had invaded Yuko specifically, but I agree that the cycle is an awful part of it too. That's why I said it would be better to bring awareness because vtubers should have it in the back of their mind as passive knowledge and fans need to know when to call it out instead of unintentionally escalating early on before realizing what they create.

Last edited:

ex_lurker

I'll honestly miss her rp asmr streams.
Atleast her asmr streams were archived, download them while you can if you liked them.
Janny edit: link removed
View attachment 70656
I don't get it, what's the appeal of this shit?
It's just a woman talking in a childish voice. Do I need some kind of mental illness to get aroused by this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
any whore who manages to get decent clout can ride the onlyfans wave for years, like I said before once they get a taste they're not going back. I'm telling you folks, idol isn't doing good. Head jew will probably sell it to some chink company by the end of the year, that is if they don't close first.
Lisa.

Not again.

:ameraintear:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
any whore who manages to get decent clout can ride the onlyfans wave for years, like I said before once they get a taste they're not going back. I'm telling you folks, idol isn't doing good. Head jew will probably sell it to some chink company by the end of the year, that is if they don't close first.
Six talents have fired/graduated in the last two years. High turnover in a company is always a sign there are significant issues behind the scenes, people rarely leave a job if things are going well.

I'm getting less and less impressed with Idol Corp the more I see.

Limkin

2 hours into Daiya's second debut stream. She only finished the first slide of her interests. And spent about an hour gushing about VNs, yuri and women in suits. She is kind of a freak ngl

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I am genuinely curious about the management side of Idol. Apparently, there's much less of it due to giving the talents a larger cut, leaving them to function like indies.
there was a clip I think of one of the girls describing management and the extent of their management was "if you do x, y might happen. Do the fuck you want" Which sure it works if the people in the company aren't autistic women. Head jew fuck up having that lax of management, specially if they're women, these bitches don't understand accountability and you run your company on that? :NOWWELAUGH:
Lisa.

Not again.

:ameraintear:
pray she didn't signed some of her IP to head jew, he may talk all kinds of good but he's a jew after all.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
there was a clip I think of one of the girls describing management and the extent of their management was "if you do x, y might happen. Do the fuck you want" Which sure it works if the people in the company aren't autistic women. Head jew fuck up having that lax of management, specially if they're women, these bitches don't understand accountability and you run your company on that? :NOWWELAUGH:

pray she didn't signed some of her IP to head jew, he may talk all kinds of good but he's a jew after all.
The claim was the invaders keep their IP but signed longer term contracts as a compromise.

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Six talents have fired/graduated in the last two years. High turnover in a company is always a sign there are significant issues behind the scenes, people rarely leave a job if things are going well.
I'm getting less and less impressed with Idol Corp the more I see.
There was nothing impressive in the first place. They're just another run-off-the-mill microcopro with mostly inept CEO and management, only somehow had more cash to burn than others.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon

Rinmouto (Lia's (also autistic) little sister) is winning by a country mile. Kino is incoming. :gloomiLaugh:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
There was nothing impressive in the first place. They're just another run-off-the-mill microcopro with mostly inept CEO and management, only somehow had more cash to burn than others.
BUT MUH

TRANSPARENCY​

:urtearingmeapart:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
The claim was the invaders keep their IP but signed longer term contracts as a compromise.
signs for 3 years at idol
head jew sells company to some chinks
new chinks turn the place into niji 2.0 but shittier
clause in the contract says if she quits they keep her IP
:Vesper-UNHINGED:
I really hope Lisa read her contract carefully

wew

Male hag love!
did head jew ever work with that one guy on their contracts so they can show them publicly like they promised a year or so ago

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This is smart, accelerating this far in is self-defeating since the supply of new vtubers is far outweighing the demand for them, and all new debutants do is cannibalise views from other talent in the company. @The Proctor made the observation on his stream a while ago that the audience for vtubers has grown about as wide as it's likely going to and the people who're in the market for them likely don't have much space for new ones, which I 100% agree with.

Strengthening the value of the existing IP is the obvious second phase of the business for Cover in particular since the Hololive brand has so many appealing characters to work with, and it gives them an opportunity to monetise outside of standard livestreaming. I'd like them to take their music output more seriously personally, since they have some strong vocalists on board already and it'd promote the live shows more if they manage to get the talents some radio hits.
While I recognize that Cover isn't perfect (no corpo is) the one thing I will never budge on about them is they have a good vision, or even when that vision doesn't quite pan out they are always looking for ways to escape the issues you mentioned here.

It's clear that they don't wanna play the same game as everyone else, while other corpos are either sinking into the mud or desperately trying to claw their way to the surface, Cover is thinking outside of the mudpit (market), whatever initiative be it kinda shit like Holoearth or unpredictable like the Holoplus app.

Their goal isn't to sit on their asses and simply be the bigger, more profitable agency, the goal here is to sink their teeth onto other industries like music, games and anime, to court audiences which may not necessarily care for vtubers but will be open to watching shit like a slice of life animu with cute waifus. The goal is to make their own social media networks and social spaces for their fans to be under their sole control, Cover doesn't just want to be 33%-40% of the vtuber market, it wants to be its own market. Basically trying to play chess while everyone else is still playing checkers.
This. It speaks to the core of Hololive's problems, mainly EN. EN's struggle before was that they couldn't partake in all the festivities and we were feral to see them get involved, now they're so preoccupied with travel for JP events, on top of the events they do as EN group, that it leaves the fans starved for streams. JP manages to juggle both due to the distance and I love the work that Hololive does, but I'll be lying if I said that I don't feel bitter towards EN projects due to the void it's built. It makes me wish cover had mandated streaming seasons, instead of getting the rare postcard about how they made it in Holowood.
I'm glad Fuwamoco is the one I picked up in Advent because moving to Japan should hopefully bypass that issue, so far though it seems to have killed them.
This can honestly just be fixed by establishing a small studio in the US or debuting more ENs, the JPs get away with a lot because there's so many of them, when one isn't around there's always 10 others. The ENs are few even now.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Top Bottom