"I never wanna goon again"Chromuchromu

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Serbian Peacemakers

While I hope Fillian, Goodsmile, and the creators of her assets can come to some sort of agreement, I find the idea of her entire career falling apart over her getting a Nendroid really funny.

frz

maybe a filian megathread? Or this is a nothing burger enough?

But anyway, while the store page didn't feature a ToS before 2023 and the change was retroactive.
The ToS was actually included when you download the model data and were kept in the readme files.
1720173957503064.png

So at best "there is a ToS I just never read it". The file. Retroactive tos change argument no longer works.

Google trans: All activities such as MMD, Youtube, games, anime, and derivative works using the basic model or modified model are only for personal use.
Please contact us in advance for both commercial and non-commercial use for corporate or company use.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!
LMAO
If we wanna get a bit anal about it, original model is not original at all, becuase its basically a few VERY generic elements slapped together. Cross hairband is like the only thing you can argue being original.
So if original model author want to be anal about it, he will have VERY hard time proving his copyright over derivative art, which all merch is. Under JP law too.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Retarded zoomer streamer who just coombaits and does tom and jerry bits in VR turns out to be retarded?

Imagine my shock
Imagine accidentaly throwing that big of a wrench on your career because you forgot you just got a random model instead of using your viral zoomerbucks to actually invest into something you own

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Filian? Retarded? There was a question here?

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
You know, for the longest time I thought Filian was actually intelligent and simply acting retarded on stream as her character.

I mean, she never gets into slapfights online, she makes wisecracks that are too clever for a terminally online zoomer, and she even organized a vtuber awards show (dumb as it was, it wasn't the complete disaster it could've been).

But no, turns out she may actually be stupid.

I'm leaning towards her figuring that a model recolor counts as a derivative work and would therefore be protected by copyright, even if she doesn't abide by the TOS of the model. Still stupid, but I think Filian and Goodsmile are just intelligent enough to know they have to keep this from blowing up.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Fillian will be lucky by Niji dropping another big L. Every drama grifter will move on to that.

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Fillian will be lucky by Niji dropping another big L. Every drama grifter will move on to that.
Im going to laugh if Niji explosively folds EN proper like it did to ID and that makes all the filian autism a footnote in the dramafag cycle

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Ex Propro turned indie Kaduki Mikuru with her new look and logo.

Re:AcT's Shishigami Leona singing at 10.05PM JST.

VSoyBoy

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!
Meche has chosen her future. :architect:

Is she trying to show us what life is like for people with face blindness? Where are the features? It looks like her nose is painted on.
It's funny she's more worried about blurring her features than she is of the optics of cosplaying Toga.

Insert George Lucas quote about pottery and rhyming.

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull
While I hope Fillian, Goodsmile, and the creators of her assets can come to some sort of agreement, I find the idea of her entire career falling apart over her getting a Nendroid really funny.

I'm late because I did the most American thing possible and ate too much at a fireworks show, pardon my :chibiBrainDamage: but did Filan and her team arrange for her to get a Nendo of a generic model that she didn't alter, and somehow didn't get commercial rights? Because if so, either that Nendo is getting cancelled or someone is getting sued, especially if Filan got her model from booth.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Is she trying to show us what life is like for people with face blindness? Where are the features? It looks like her nose is painted on.
Until I rotated it to the correct orientation, I thought she was cosplaying Fillian to mine the current situation.

Unseiso Dragon

Seiso? Say No!
I'm late because I did the most American thing possible and ate too much at a fireworks show, pardon my :chibiBrainDamage: but did Filan and her team arrange for her to get a Nendo of a generic model that she didn't alter, and somehow didn't get commercial rights? Because if so, either that Nendo is getting cancelled or someone is getting sued, especially if Filan got her model from booth.
She did alter it tho, swapped the colors and everything :dokiSmug:

VSoyBoy

I'm late because I did the most American thing possible and ate too much at a fireworks show, pardon my :chibiBrainDamage: but did Filan and her team arrange for her to get a Nendo of a generic model that she didn't alter, and somehow didn't get commercial rights?
So far that's what it looks like.
Because if so, either that Nendo is getting cancelled or someone is getting sued, especially if Filan got her model from booth.
I don't think it would ever go that far though. I think if Goodsmile and a huge VTuber show up at your door, hand you some money and say "let's make this go away", most hobbyist artists would just take the money and shut up, especially in Japan.

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull
So far that's what it looks like.

I don't think it would ever go that far though. I think if Goodsmile and a huge VTuber show up at your door, hand you some money and say "let's make this go away", most hobbyist artists would just take the money and shut up, especially in Japan.

I would hope so, that's a huge boon for any artist, but if Filan's been making merch of her model and never got commercial rights for any of that then she's already in trouble because she does at least owe the artist the commercial fee at the very least. I don't have any negative feelings toward her personally, but she's going to need to make this right with them. Whether you agree with the concept of a commercial fee or not, if your model artist has one you have to play by their rules.

It's one reason I'm pretty adamant about just biting the bullet and getting a custom design made for yourself once you're committed to giving the vtubing thing a real shot. It's a lot easier to handle in the front end, and if you don't want to spend too much you can just be a PNGchad until you get a model.

This was a major fumble for her, but her management also failed her massively if they never got it checked.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Given GamerSupps supposedly did have some kind of deal with the artist, this is probably what will happen. From the Twitter post, it sounds like the guy contacted them and is waiting to hear back and maybe posted on Twitter for visibility?

Top Bottom