"Why do they all look black?!"Chikafuji Lisa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Fatum Ruptor streaming new Re4 remake dlc

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

She is kind of on the right track, but not quite there. The biggest and most reliable way to make money on Youtube is ads and thats something that most vtubers barely touch since they tend to purely just be streamers.
Youtube streams at their core are good for boosting their visibility in the algorithm, which increases their sub count(almost meaningless if it doesn't convert to viewers) and encourages memberships+donations.
What they all should be doing is getting their own editors to make both clips and longform videos from their streams, like Shiori is doing but more. If this ever catches on, Cover also has to not go full JP autistic corpo and start going after clipper channels and instead poach the more talented ones to work for the official channels.

All of this is completely innaccessible knowledge for the JP brain though and the EN side has been ok just coasting by following the established model. So it really is on Shiori to be a proof of concept, but for it to be noticeable she also has to be successful normally and not just make up for it with her prepared content/clips.
They really should do a second channel for Highlights/Clips, as it'll help increase the primary channel as well.

Negzana

Advantages:

1) Independence from translators. You will effectively bypass any form of censorship, political bias, personal opinion and many other such things by reading and listening and making up your own mind.
2) Reinforce your critical analysis by practicing structure and gain an edge over people who stick to rote memorization.
3) Access to any form of entertainment, technical, educational and scientific media produced by the jps without having any of it "curated" for you.
4) Hopefully turn out to be a better individual than 100% of the unbearable "expats in japan" community, irl and online.

Disadvantages

1) Useless lingua franca language, only spoken in that cursed set of islands
2) You'll have to chance and brave upon countless of bog standard retards looking to visit japan just to consume their "superior" entertainment product and brag about it
3) The language makes little sense, there's no ignoring this fact. It's a pity we don't learn this shit from an early age,

View attachment 46272
I find mandarin more practical so I might just learn Mandarin and know kanji as a side-bonus. No plan on learning Japanese, seems too convoluted and niche.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
They really should do a second channel for Highlights/Clips, as it'll help increase the primary channel as well.
There's no reason to make it a separate channel. Youtube already has different tabs for VoDs and video uploads. That's how most of the successful streamers(In general, not just youtubers) do it. Their stream vods are either left on the Live tab(If they are youtubers), left on wherever they stream or uploaded to a secondary channel. Their main channel is the one with the edited content.

The only reason to not have it on the main channel would be if they are getting low views, since it would harm the channel, but if thats the case, thats a skill issue and you need to fire the editor.

I find mandarin more practical so I might just learn Mandarin and know kanji as a side-bonus. No plan on learning Japanese, seems too convoluted and niche.
I dunno about that, people have been repeating how Mandarin is going to be really useful in the future since the 90s and China just keeps fucking up over and over. At this rate even Spanish will be more valuable to know as all societies get infiltrated and repopulated by the guys griefing you in DotA.

hylic

686.png

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover

Negzana

There's no reason to make it a separate channel. Youtube already has different tabs for VoDs and video uploads. That's how most of the successful streamers(In general, not just youtubers) do it. Their stream vods are either left on the Live tab(If they are youtubers), left on wherever they stream or uploaded to a secondary channel. Their main channel is the one with the edited content.

The only reason to not have it on the main channel would be if they are getting low views, since it would harm the channel, but if thats the case, thats a skill issue and you need to fire the editor.

I dunno about that, people have been repeating how Mandarin is going to be really useful in the future since the 90s and China just keeps fucking up over and over. At this rate even Spanish will be more valuable to know as all societies get infiltrated and repopulated by the guys griefing you in DotA.
I don't really care about PRC. I like Taiwan which is why I wanted to learn Chinese. I also remember comparing Chinese to Japanese and found the tonal nonsense in Chinese more bearable than the boatloads of rules Japanese grammar and phonetics have. So if I wanted to learn a weeb language, Chinese seems easier

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't really care about PRC. I like Taiwan which is why I wanted to learn Chinese. I also remember comparing Chinese to Japanese and found the tonal nonsense in Chinese more bearable than the boatloads of rules Japanese grammar and phonetics have. So if I wanted to learn a weeb language, Chinese seems easier
You should learn indog to speak to your oshi... and summon eldritch gods.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
At least Japan doesn't have two different languages. Although I do like hearing both of them speak Cantonese and Mandarin.

I did find this interesting though.

1695407620434.png

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
He doesn't need to learn anything. Just say random gibberish.

hylic

Absolute king hololive clipper ShabbySubs returns after one year of silence with a 20 minute zatsudan translation

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat
Mori talked about meeting Bae in her stream today

And apparently they talked with another holomem

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Mori talked about meeting Bae in her stream today

And apparently they talked with another holomem

Pretty sure she means Bae. Bae said she was going to hang out with "a friend" after her stream yesterday but didn't want to say who it was until they did.

fortnitesmasherX

I just saw this pop up. I thought I was done with Class of 09, but it keeps coming back to me. This gonna be good.

At least Japan doesn't have two different languages. Although I do like hearing both of them speak Cantonese and Mandarin.

I did find this interesting though.

View attachment 46276

This is so weird to listen to. It's like a fever dream hearing a completely different language coming from them when I'm so used to them speaking English.

I can't get used to majority of NIJIEN being ESL Asians.

Last edited:

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Niji's booba witch Nui Sociere starting her courtroom career in Gyakuten Saiban at 1PM JST.

Ui both celebrating (and regretting) 5m views in her MV

She's also 9k away from 1m subs

:ironmousekek:

Her dedicated clipper even made a TL karaoke track if you want to understand what she's singing.

I mean she will never accept translated CC submission on the MV itself.

Some interesting highlights from AZKi's most recent Geoguessr stream.

Some old clip from Furen. She's not fit to solve trolley problems.

She is self aware though.

Yamagami Karuta the Tengu is definitely not related to Touhou's Okuu.

kestraline

Early Adopter
It's time for a caramel idol handcam stream outdoors.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Ui both celebrating (and regretting) 5m views in her MV

She's also 9k away from 1m subs

:ironmousekek:

I was very surprised that The8BitDrummer touched it. I imagine because he has no clue what it's about. But to my knowledge he usually doesn't cover ecchi songs. Like he never covered Marine's Treasure Box song because it and the video are vaguely suggestive.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Absolute king hololive clipper ShabbySubs returns after one year of silence with a 20 minute zatsudan translation

HALLE-FUCKING-LUJAH

Also has Marine and Suisei gushing about very early 2000s animes.

And then about late 90s animes.

Suisei's clearly been eighteen for quite a while.

Also kek'd at Marine going hard hipster on Full Metal Alchemist. "Everyone liked it, so I didn't bother watching it!"

And she dropped Naruto early on. Based.

Actually, Suisei seems almost the right age to have maybe watched Noir. She was likely too young for it when it originally aired, but it suits parts of her current persona, I think. Shiori, introduce her~

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Negzana

1. She's (likely) chindo
2. Bangkitlah dan biarkan si pemimpi membangunkan dan melepaskan kekacauan nuklir Azathoth
3. She's been streaming for over 9 hours now, I love it when she streams long hours

Top Bottom